PDA

View Full Version : what would you do in my situation....

Sharkissle29
12-06-2007, 04:14 AM
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the law i have to take a diversion class 8-4:30 this sunday. So i ask my fellow steeler fans what would you do....I have a buddy of mine that is willing to DVR the game for me and is even allowing me to kick him out of his own apartment so i can watch the game in peace. However, i have this weird thing where i hate watching games that i know have already been played. So should i watch the game recorded (live for me i guess you could say) or just find out who wins through phone calls/tv etc.? .....i just dont know

geo111
12-06-2007, 04:41 AM
I would watch the game even if I knew the score. But I like watching old games.

Steel Pit
12-06-2007, 04:55 AM
I have to do the same thing for the December 20th game. I'm going to Tivo the game, avoid all calls from fellow Steelers fans and avoid all sports shows before coming home and watching the game as if it's live. This will be the 1st time that I've ever done such a thing but I feel confident that I'll be patient enough to carry it through.

nojobny
12-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the law i have to take a diversion class 8-4:30 this sunday. So i ask my fellow steeler fans what would you do....I have a buddy of mine that is willing to DVR the game for me and is even allowing me to kick him out of his own apartment so i can watch the game in peace. However, i have this weird thing where i hate watching games that i know have already been played. So should i watch the game recorded (live for me i guess you could say) or just find out who wins through phone calls/tv etc.? .....i just dont know

They changed the Steelers v Patriot game to a 4:15 start about 3 weeks ago.

Head straight home after the class and enjoy the game live.:tt02:

alittlejazzbird
12-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Yep, hurry on home after that class. Depending on how far you live, you'll probably only miss the first quarter. And don't turn on the radio in the car!!!

ShutDown24
12-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Lol - I would watch it making sure I didn't know the score... If we win though, there is lible to be people outi in the streets... Oh nvm, you're form CHI it looks like

CB1977
12-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Yep, hurry on home after that class. Depending on how far you live, you'll probably only miss the first quarter. And don't turn on the radio in the car!!!

Yes you should turn the radio on in the car so you don't miss any of the game(unless you are planning on recording it). It's not like you're going to miss all of it so you'll be able to see the ending "live".

stlrtruck
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
For me it would depend on the outcome. If I know the Steelers got blown out then I wouldn't want to see a down of it. However, if it was a close game or knew that the Steelers won, I'd be watching every bit of the game - probably twice!

Sharkissle29
12-06-2007, 03:14 PM
They changed the Steelers v Patriot game to a 4:15 start about 3 weeks ago.

Head straight home after the class and enjoy the game live.:tt02:

unfortunately ill be in arizona at the time, where kickoff is 2:15. so by the time i get home the game should most likely be over. i think im just gonna watch it recorded,,,,hopefully im not impatient haha

Boomerang
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Record it and don,t find out the result until you watch the game,

Steelman16
12-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Oh sweet, I just realized its at 4:15 rather than at 1:00. Now I should be able to watch at least the first half! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

nojobny
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
unfortunately ill be in arizona at the time, where kickoff is 2:15. so by the time i get home the game should most likely be over. i think im just gonna watch it recorded,,,,hopefully im not impatient haha

Ahhh .. in that case, record it, then watch. Be sure to turn off your cell phone b/c if it starts to blow up, you'll know it's good/bad news.