PDA

View Full Version : Marice Clarett

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Anyone know whats going on with Clarett?
Has anyone picked him up?

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Anyone know whats going on with Clarett?
Has anyone picked him up?
Maurice Clarett is back home in Warren, Ohio smoking dope with his old running mates. He is not interested in an NFL career apparently. If I was an NFL GM, I wouldn't be interested in him either.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 06:44 PM
yeah any owner or manager should stay away. in about a year he will be out of money, have no more boosters to support him , and try to crawl back into the nfl. steelers probably wont get sucked in to even offering him a tryout.

docsteel
10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
if he'd only learned to shut his mouth and stop being trash maybe he could have finished ohio state after 4 years and beed something. but he has to be the piece of shit he is and jim brown didnt help him either. shure brown was a great runner but kinda a piece of shit human himself. let end hey maybe you can get him to sign something next time your at denny's resteraunt.

Koopa
10-18-2005, 09:29 PM
or maybe if the team didn't turn on him he wouldn't have had to bring out the truth. don't hate on clarett for exposing them. if i was clarett i'd go piss on the school logo for turning their back on me and trying to turn shit around and make me look like the bad guy

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I've met Mo be-fo when he was at Ohio State. He's too small for a RB. He makes Dave Meggett look like a monster. The guy couldn't even play a full year in high school without missing games due to injuries or discipline, let alone one year in college. It's no wonder the guy is not in the pro's.

Shanahan could make any bust into a RB sensation, it's gotta tell you something when he dogs Clarett.

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 09:30 PM
or maybe if the team didn't turn on him he wouldn't have had to bring out the truth. don't hate on clarett for exposing them. if i was clarett i'd go piss on the school logo for turning their back on me and trying to turn shit around and make me look like the bad guy
But that would take loyalty... neither party has that.

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 09:39 PM
I've met Mo be-fo when he was at Ohio State.
Nice slang, really. Bet it really goes over with these guys. :rolleyes:

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Nice slang, really. Bet it really goes over with these guys. :rolleyes:
Probably goes over as well as your signature. Much like pinning a target on your back when you dog the team of the board you're on.

Clown. :boxing:

ironcitychef
10-19-2005, 03:18 AM
OHP thought about picking him up earlier this week...:busted:

Steel - X
10-19-2005, 10:33 AM
http://denverpost.com/sports/ci_3115434 (Clarrett)

Clarett: What a Card

Arizona: The Cardinals have been trying to find an extra running back for months. They have talked trade with Minnesota about Michael Bennett and have worked out several running backs in the past several weeks.

Here's one name to ponder: Maurice Clarett. The Broncos' third-round pick this year, who was cut after an unimpressive training camp, could fit into what Cardinals coach Dennis Green likes to do on offense.

And Clarett certainly is available. He has not gotten one workout since being cut seven weeks ago. NFL teams apparently are scared off by the numerous stories of Clarett's attitude issues while in Denver. But Green long has prided himself on taking chances on reputed problem players. So if the Cardinals' needs continue at the position, don't be surprised if they take a look at Clarett.

Livinginthe past
10-19-2005, 03:53 PM
I have a slightly different take on Clarett - the character side of him anyway.

Anyone will tell you that young men can make mistakes, get egotistical and lose sight of the goal the should be striving for - much of this is down to outside influences in my opinion.

Clarett was a brash, foolish big mouth toward the end of his Buckeye career - maybe its hard to gain perspective when you have no real life experience - but I guess he thought he had done enough to develop a Me-Shawn type persona - he quickly found out he hadnt.

I have respect for the way he put alot of that behind him and tried to re-invent himself - again he made another misjudgement - in his eagerness to show willing he built up too much body mass and was a flop at try-outs for various teams - too slow they all said.

He tried again at Denver volunteering to take a incentive laden contract - my guess is that is the only type open top him these days anyway - but this failed to work out.

I think Clarett has some nice intangibles that dont come across in workouts - a nose for the gap and a shifty side step is worth way more than 0.3 second on a short dash in a straight line.

I wish him well and hope he continues to persevere at being an NFL player - with injuries these days plenty of players buried on depth charts can get a shot at the big time.

Cheers

NM