PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Harrison Named Defensive Player of the Month

alittlejazzbird
12-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Congrats to Silverback!

Steelers' Harrison named defensive player of the month
Thursday, December 06, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison was named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for November, the first Steelers player to be honored this year with a monthly award.

Harrison received the honor after registering 19 tackles, 5.5 sacks, six forced fumbles, one interception and one fumble recovery in four games.

Highlighting the monthy performance was a Nov. 5 game against Baltimore in which Harrison recorded 3.5 sacks, forced three fumbles, had an interception and recovered a fumble.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07340/839699-66.stm

STEELtownHAVOX
12-06-2007, 10:17 AM
first of many awards for good ol James

tony hipchest
12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
....but we dont know if he can last a full season :rolleyes:

remember before the men stepped into stadiums in the offseason when we thought we were so weak at lb depth?

what do you know? our #1 and #2 draftpicks can barely get on the field. james has quickly evelved into one of those guys like farrior, who you just look at and think "yep, thats the perfect steeler".

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Joey who? :flap::wink02:

Congrats Silverback! I had no doubt you would step into that role and wreak havoc on opponents' QBs and offenses! :cheers::tt02:

TackleMeBen
12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
maybe he can make it back to back months... lay out brady a few times and the award is automatically yours b/c everyone but pats fans hate the pats..lol

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
And he's humble too...

Great job Harrison!

SteelerFanInCA
12-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Good for silverback. Well deserved. :cheers:

Steelerstrength
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
My sig says it all! (that is indeed blood spatter)

Cindy Brady is next!

jjpro11
12-06-2007, 01:00 PM
i cant wait to see him being interviewed about the award. lol.. he hates getting attention. the comment about him wanting to watch cartoons over the ravens game tape at his mother's house was priceless.

SCSTILLER
12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I thought he deserved Defensive Player of the Month after he slammed the Brownies fan, but he was robbed!

19ward86
12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
like a lot of others i didnt want him to start for us but now i am glad he is the starter.

steelpride12
12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Congrats silverback,
thanks for stepping up on defense and become a huge threat to the QB!

eafratitpm3
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I liked him the moment he slammed the Browns fan!

.24lockdown
12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
you know what...he should be up there for defensive player of the year

he has a huge amount of tackles, sacks, and he leads the league in forced fumbles
and he has an interception to go with it. not to mention hes on the best defense in the nfl.
if anybody deserves it more than him it could be jared allen.

The Duke
12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
you know what...he should be up there for defensive player of the year

he has a huge amount of tackles, sacks, and he leads the league in forced fumbles
and he has an interception to go with it. not to mention hes on the best defense in the nfl.
if anybody deserves it more than him it could be jared allen.

possibly, but yeah Jared Allen or aaron kampman, or even anotnio cromartie, could get it. but who knows, maybe on the last game of the season he has an even better game than the monday night game and gets the DPOY.

klick81
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow, congrats. He has done more than I really expected from him already.

Rhee Rhee
12-06-2007, 11:38 PM
dude couple more games like the baltimore one and he'll be player of the year

Preacher
12-07-2007, 12:23 AM
I remember when he filled in last year, there was never really a drop off. I also remember a few others posting that in the offseason, and getting ripped on in the forums about it.

Interesting.

Great job Harrison... Teach our young Draft picks a lesson in hard work and endurance please.... and we will be sitting pretty for years to come.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-07-2007, 02:13 AM
....but we dont know if he can last a full season :rolleyes:

remember before the men stepped into stadiums in the offseason when we thought we were so weak at lb depth?

what do you know? our #1 and #2 draftpicks can barely get on the field. james has quickly evelved into one of those guys like farrior, who you just look at and think "yep, thats the perfect steeler".

Some of us are on record long before KC signed him long term which became the writing on the wall for Peezy...many moons ago.

But hey you know the saying about a broken clock. Harrison was a no brainer back then. Harrison's agent gets to sit back and watch football. No calls please.

I'll see you in Aloha Stadium dude.

Galax Steeler
12-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Great job silverback keep up the good work. :cheers:

jjpro11
12-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I remember when he filled in last year, there was never really a drop off. I also remember a few others posting that in the offseason, and getting ripped on in the forums about it.

Interesting.

Great job Harrison... Teach our young Draft picks a lesson in hard work and endurance please.... and we will be sitting pretty for years to come.

i was worried about his coverage ability.. that was something porter excelled at and i was worried there would be a significant drop off there, not so much so in pass rushing and tackling. but he's done very well in coverage.. he's even got an int.