PDA

View Full Version : Patriots on guarantee (link)

MrTibbs
12-06-2007, 01:16 PM
boston.com/sports/football/patriots

Text size ? + Pats on guarantee
Link|Comments (0) By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff December 6, 07 11:18 AM
FOXBOROUGH -- One of the main themes in the Gillette Stadium locker room today was Steelers safety Anthony Smith's guarantee of a win.

"I don't know if we've ever come out and predicted victory or anything, and we've won a lot of games," quarterback Tom Brady said. "Whether you predict it or not, you've got to show up on Sunday."

Said safety Rodney Harrison: "The game is won and lost between the lines, not in the media. We've been in this situation before, where guys are talking. It just doesn't matter what you say, it's what you do."

Added outside linebacker Mike Vrabel: "If you went back and documented every time someone called their own shot, I mean, what are the chances? You're going to win or you're going to lose. Either way I don't think that prediction will have much bearing on the outcome."

Elsewhere, fullback Heath Evans said that Smith's prediction would be proven correct if the Patriots don't improve their performance, while linebacker Chad Brown acknowledged the comments could be used as motivation.

Linebacker Junior Seau also commented, noting that such a guarantee would never come from the Patriots. He was asked if there is such a thing as bulletin-board material for teams.

"There definitely is," Seau said. "Obviously, there is obviously a build-up before the game and that's the way this started. There is going to be talk every week. We're not going to pay attention to that. We're going to try to do what we do every week, which is work. Hopefully that will be good enough come Sunday. Come Sunday, all the talk will be between the white lines. It always is."

MrTibbs
12-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I couldn't add the link, I don't have enough posts to do so.

ShutDown24
12-06-2007, 01:20 PM
"Fullback Heath Evans said that Smith's prediction would be proven correct if the Patriots don't improve their performance"

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Who would have thought it - replies from the Pats' players that show a teenie bit of class. I guess their heads have deflated a bit in recent weeks. :whistle:

SteelerFanInCA
12-06-2007, 01:21 PM
That bullentin board material is crap and completely overrated. It comes down to execution and nothing more.

Rotorhead
12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I really hate the media blowing every little thing out of proportion all the time.

MrTibbs
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
When is the last time a team guaranteed a win and actually won?

TackleMeBen
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
[Linebacker Junior Seau also commented, noting that such a guarantee would never come from the Patriots. He was asked if there is such a thing as bulletin-board material for teams.

he acts like he has been playing for the pats for his whole career.. Yeah, Seau your pats are so classy. they wouldnt ever cheat or videotape anything would they???

MrTibbs
12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
He's right, they are the winningest team this decade and not once have they EVER guaranteed a win.

Brady said it best.............
"I don't know if we've ever come out and predicted victory or anything, and we've won a lot of games," quarterback Tom Brady said. "Whether you predict it or not, you've got to show up on Sunday."

Who the heck is Smith anyhow? Something tells me his statline won't register much.

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't know... As I recall, our good friend Joey Porter came out and guaranteed a win several times and put his money where his mouth was that week. All the same, I wish that Smith didn't do this... it is just something stupid for the media to glom on to and to knob-slob the Patsies over...

Go out and play the new brand of Steeler Football, and we will make it competitive...(read WIN)

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
He's right, they are the winningest team this decade and not once have they EVER guaranteed a win.

Brady said it best.............

Who the heck is Smith anyhow? Something tells me his statline won't register much.

you mean like this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9szXZTMm-8&feature=related

or this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKpnXBOr1Q&feature=related

LadyVader
12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Said safety Rodney Harrison: "The game is won and lost between the lines, not in the media. We've been in this situation before, where guys are talking. It just doesn't matter what you say, it's what you do."

This quote made me giggle is he kidding he might not go around making guarantees but he RUNS THAT MOUTH like a champ on the field and he's another one who gets away w/murder on the field he is constantly mugging people and hardly ever gets called for it.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Who would have thought it - replies from the Pats' players that show a teenie bit of class. I guess their heads have deflated a bit in recent weeks. :whistle:

Either that or they wanted to contrast their statements with Smith's idiocy - similar conduct would require some Pat to guarantee a victory on Sunday (not unjustified given their 4-1 record this decade agsinst the Steelers) or say other defensive backfields are better than the Steelers.

Congratulations to Smith for doing the impossible - making the Pats look like a class act.

revefsreleets
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Brown? Seau? Geesh, there's at least a couple card carrying AARP members 'backing on that defense.

The more I think about it, the more I like our chances.

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Who's Anthony Smith? Something tells me there are going to be a couple of Cheatriots' receivers who are going to be very, very sore come Monday morning, if they aren't knocked out of the game.

STEELtownHAVOX
12-06-2007, 02:45 PM

This quote made me giggle is he kidding he might not go around making guarantees but he RUNS THAT MOUTH like a champ on the field and he's another one who gets away w/murder on the field he is constantly mugging people and hardly ever gets called for it.

Rodney Harrison is one the dirtiest players in the NFL, can't stand the guy. Hines, please lay his old steroided a$$ out. K? thanks.

stillers4me
12-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Who's Anthony Smith?

I recall a certain someone in Shitzinatti asking that same question......just hours before Smith knocked the grills right out of Chads mouth. :tt02:

tony hipchest
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Who the heck is Smith anyhow? Something tells me his statline won't register much.hehe. just ask anyone his hit. they all know who he is. well, except for maybe jesse chatman (or whoever that 4th string rb was for miami). im sure he still dont even remember his own name. :jammin:

the bengals wrs dont know him by his jersey number. they know him by his helmet size.

anyways, hes just our back up safety. 3rd in the pecking order behind troy and clark.
college scouting reports say hes slow. i wouldnt be to concerned with him. you will probably never even see him on the screen if youre watching on tv.

MrTibbs
12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Brown? Seau? Geesh, there's at least a couple card carrying AARP members 'backing on that defense.

The more I think about it, the more I like our chances.

I'm sure yu did too against the Jets, Cardinals and Broncos. Goodness..............

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm sure yu did too against the Jets, Cardinals and Broncos. Goodness..............

We lost 3 games and our defense is still ranked #1. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

DACEB
12-07-2007, 07:38 AM
You know what, it does'nt matter what Smith said. Besides the Jets this year, the Pats hate us more that anyone. Believe me I live in Mass. and I know, they hate us.

We will get the Pats 'A' game no matter what anyone says.

Here we go STEELERS, here we go!!!

elockcuff
12-07-2007, 02:09 PM
i sure hope smith can back up his mouth sunday

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
When is the last time a team guaranteed a win and actually won?

Michigan's Mike Hart predicted a win over Notre Dame earlier this year.

Mosca
12-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Heard Belichick on the radio responding, he was actually pretty good; he said something along the lines of, he wouldn't expect the Steelers to take the field with any other attitude; He expects the Steelers to believe they are going to win, and that's all that A Smith is doing.

PatsRule
12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
boston.com/sports/football/patriots

Text size ? + Pats on guarantee
Link|Comments (0) By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff December 6, 07 11:18 AM
FOXBOROUGH -- One of the main themes in the Gillette Stadium locker room today was Steelers safety Anthony Smith's guarantee of a win.

Added outside linebacker Mike Vrabel: "If you went back and documented every time someone called their own shot, I mean, what are the chances? You're going to win or you're going to lose. Either way I don't think that prediction will have much bearing on the outcome."

Elsewhere, fullback Heath Evans said that Smith's prediction would be proven correct if the Patriots don't improve their performance, while linebacker Chad Brown acknowledged the comments could be used as motivation.

Linebacker Junior Seau also commented, noting that such a guarantee would never come from the Patriots. He was asked if there is such a thing as bulletin-board material for teams.

"There definitely is," Seau said. "Obviously, there is obviously a build-up before the game and that's the way this started. There is going to be talk every week. We're not going to pay attention to that. We're going to try to do what we do every week, which is work. Hopefully that will be good enough come Sunday. Come Sunday, all the talk will be between the white lines. It always is."

Now thats class,not running your mouth....Mr Smith like Freddy Mitchel and Porter and Cowher what happend to all of them,live and learn.

jjpro11
12-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Now thats class,not running your mouth....Mr Smith like Freddy Mitchel and Porter and Cowher what happend to all of them,live and learn.

your team is not class.. go take a camcorder and shove it up your ass.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Last Steelers Guarantee, Steelers vs. Saints of last year. Steelers won 38-31.

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 06:50 PM

WTF are you babbling about?
The Patriots have never been ones to run their mouths before a game.

fansince'76
12-07-2007, 06:54 PM
WTF are you babbling about?
The Patriots have never been ones to run their mouths before a game.

Yeah, the culture of cheating pales in comparison. :coffee:

revefsreleets
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM

Well, c'mon! Given ND's team this year, that's akin to guaranteeing the sun will rise in the east.

Notice how he didn't guarantee anything against the Buckeyes? Or Wisconsin?

stillers4me
12-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Heard Belichick on the radio responding, he was actually pretty good; he said something along the lines of, he wouldn't expect the Steelers to take the field with any other attitude; He expects the Steelers to believe they are going to win, and that's all that A Smith is doing.

Having the great one's blessing makes it all better. :yap:

PatsRule
12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Last Steelers Guarantee, Steelers vs. Saints of last year. Steelers won 38-31.

Here is a hint for ya,,,We aint the Saints !!!! Twice your team said they were going to beat the Pats and twice you lost.You think someone might learn a lesson...

fansince'76
12-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Here is a hint for ya,,,We aint the Saints !!!! Twice your team said they were going to beat the Pats and twice you lost.You think someone might learn a lesson...

Want to prove that with links, or just continue to talk out of your ass like the troll you are?

tony hipchest
12-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Want to prove that with links, or just continue to talk out of your ass like the troll you are? its just like patfans actually believing the dolphins supposedly audio taping and video taping the patriots at practice last year and the nfl donig nothing. (when in reality they just listened to the game on tv).

i cant wait to clown the links. the majority of these patfans dont check their facts. they just crib some shit from a patsite and like atl dan pointed out, fall right in line with the groupthink.

fansince'76
12-07-2007, 08:13 PM
its just like patfans actually believing the dolphins supposedly audio taping and video taping the patriots at practice last year and the nfl donig nothing. (when in reality they just listened to the game on tv).

i cant wait to clown the links. the majority of these patclowns dont check their facts. they just crib some shit from a patsite and like atl dan pointed out, fall right in line with the groupthink.

Yeah, I know - I keep expecting to hear the old "Steelers made their SB reservations early" bullshit, never mind the fact that there was only a one-week gap between conference championship games and the SB that year due to 9/11 and the other three teams in the "final four" that year did the same. :rolleyes: