PDA

View Full Version : Belicheat already making excuses......

stillers4me
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM
During a weekly radio appearance Tuesday, Belichick said, ?We?re a tired team right now. We?re a tired team.?

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patsjo06_12-06-07_GN85B2N_v14.2c26047.html

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Excellent... Time for the Steelers to go out and kick some sorry, tired A$$, whining Patriots... ALL teams are tired right now. It is crunch time...Put up or shut up...

I am SOOO looking forward to this game... Can't wait...:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::helmet:

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2007, 05:53 PM
That's not an excuse for his team, its a signal to his front office to get some young linebacker talent on the draft board. That's all. He is a good coach and I'm sure he sees that as the season is going on, some of his veterans are showing their lack of speed.

MACH1
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Don't listen to him. Its nothing but BS. Trying to sucker the Steelers into thinking they aren't 100%. It is the cheats after all.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
That's not an excuse for his team, its a signal to his front office to get some young linebacker talent on the draft board. That's all. He is a good coach and I'm sure he sees that as the season is going on, some of his veterans are showing their lack of speed.

Right now the Pats have the #3 pick in the draft courtesy of the 49ers (Goodell blew that by not even penalizing the Pats with losing their higher #1 pick for cameragate).

Pats probably will trade down for multiple picks but potentially could get McFadden from Arkansas.

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2007, 05:57 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff195/nottonyromo/sayow.gif

As that hints at

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!! HERE WE GO!!!

steelpride12
12-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow thats something to say about your 12-0 team.
Suck it up, but thanks for the info so we can come out hard and bury your team nice and early im so excited!
Go Steelers!

TackleMeBen
12-06-2007, 06:05 PM
you cant believe anything bellycheat says. this is the same guy that puts his players on the injury report when they arent hurt((hint hint.... tom brady). however, i think our coaching staff is smart enough not to fall for this from bellycheat.

SteelerFanInCA
12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm sure the pats must be tired but I don't see it as any type of excuse.

Rotorhead
12-06-2007, 07:37 PM
It is funny/interesting how he was running up the score by forcing his starters to "play 60m" before and now when they HAVE to play the full 60m they are "tired"

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm tired too. Tired of hearing about the almighty Cheatriots who are about to be knocked off their high horse.

Y'know - they are finding out the hard way that maybe it isn't such a good thing to rush out of the starting gate. This is the time when good teams are peaking and separating themselves from the rest of the pack. Seems like the Patriots are sliding instead of climbing. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of pr$cks.

19ward86
12-06-2007, 08:56 PM
i dont care if they are tired,injured,mentally ill,hugary,dehydrated or whatever else i just want the steelers to win because you know when they do we still wont be listed to be as good as them in power rankings.

iloveben7
12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
what a pain in my rear end?

He's just doing that to get the Steelers even more pumped up. The Patriots ARE tired and everybody knows that, so I guess Belicheat is already guaranteeing a victory for the Steelers on Sunday.

jjpro11
12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
he's just saying it to try to get some sort of psychological edge over the steelers in one way or another. c'mon people.. everything he says is a friggin lie.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-06-2007, 10:20 PM
I don't believe a single thing that Bill Bellicheat says, and I doubt the Steelers coaching staff and players believe him either.

His act has grown old, tired, and thin. We all see through it.

PatsRule
12-06-2007, 10:23 PM
LMAO:flap::flap::flap:

Galax Steeler
12-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Excuses or not it is crunch time we need to play them hard and physical for 60 minutes.

STEELtownHAVOX
12-07-2007, 07:28 AM
You know what's sad? After this game Sunday, the media will not stop talking about the pats even after there loss. "The New England Patriots, the Greatest One-Loss Team ever?" I see it now on the bottom line, "Pursuit to be the greatest One-loss Team".

Let's go Steelers

tony hipchest
12-07-2007, 10:05 AM
You know what's sad? After this game Sunday, the media will not stop talking about the pats even after there loss. "The New England Patriots, the Greatest One-Loss Team ever?" I see it now on the bottom line, "Pursuit to be the greatest One-loss Team".

Let's go Steelerslol. sad but true.

jjpro11
12-07-2007, 10:55 AM

Let's go Steelers

if they still have that stupid little section on the espn ticker after they lose i will boycott espn.

alittlejazzbird
12-07-2007, 10:58 AM
he's just saying it to try to get some sort of psychological edge over the steelers in one way or another. c'mon people.. everything he says is a friggin lie.

It's December. Everyone is tired in December.

The Patriots, however, are aging up front, and it showed over their last two games. Unless they've been toying with the entire NFL and are planning to unleash Total World Domination like we've never seen before starting with the Steelers game, they looked, well, somewhat on the ropes. They still managed enough to win, over very inferior opponents, but there's no disputing that they looked old and tired doing it. Belichick was only stating the obvious (although later reports said that the team took Wednesday off to "give the coaches more time to prepare". Whatever.)

The Steelers are a flawed team, but they are not inferior to NE. It's far and away the best matchup the Pats will get this side of Indy and Dallas, and I'll bet they wish it had happened about four weeks ago instead of this Sunday. Whether we win or lose, it's gonna be interesting.

alittlejazzbird
12-07-2007, 11:06 AM
It is funny/interesting how he was running up the score by forcing his starters to "play 60m" before and now when they HAVE to play the full 60m they are "tired"

Further proof that you reap what you sow.

RunWillieRun
12-07-2007, 11:37 AM
if they still have that stupid little section on the espn ticker after they lose i will boycott espn.

Oh God, when I saw that this morning I wanted to :puke:

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2007, 12:38 PM
The Pats are going to be BEATEN and Tired come Monday.

All this talk about the Pats is going to go down in a spiral of madness when they become the Colts of 05 and have a great season only to "fizzle out" late.

It starts Sunday, then the Jets and Dolphins, two teams they ran it up on, get to take their shots at a beaten, bruised, old, slow and tired team.

Everyone else in the league is getting younger, the Pats, keep getting older...and now, its starting to show. No one had film on their "new offense" earlier in the year, now that the film is out, and being used, they won't shock anyone with their play calling, they won't jump out to big leads, and their defense, is going to wear down.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Right now the Pats have the #3 pick in the draft courtesy of the 49ers (Goodell blew that by not even penalizing the Pats with losing their higher #1 pick for cameragate).

Pats probably will trade down for multiple picks but potentially could get McFadden from Arkansas.McFadden appears to be the fans choice by far up here.

Danny Boy?
12-07-2007, 09:11 PM

Which starters played a full 60m?

bratsinmybelly
12-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Pats probably will trade down for multiple picks but potentially could get McFadden from Arkansas.

If they get McFadden, I will vomit. Please, oh please, don't even speak of it.

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 11:48 PM
It's December. Everyone is tired in December.

The Patriots, however, are aging up front, and it showed over their last two games. Unless they've been toying with the entire NFL and are planning to unleash Total World Domination like we've never seen before starting with the Steelers game, they looked, well, somewhat on the ropes. They still managed enough to win, over very inferior opponents, but there's no disputing that they looked old and tired doing it. Belichick was only stating the obvious (although later reports said that the team took Wednesday off to "give the coaches more time to prepare". Whatever.)

The Steelers are a flawed team, but they are not inferior to NE. It's far and away the best matchup the Pats will get this side of Indy and Dallas, and I'll bet they wish it had happened about four weeks ago instead of this Sunday. Whether we win or lose, it's gonna be interesting.

I agree with most of this... we are getting long in the tooth on defense.

Except that late in the 4th when the Pats need a stop on D, they always manage to find a way to execute (maybe veterens pacing themselves?).

And Brady, of course, orchestrates late comebacks as if they were strolls to the bagel shop.

Preacher
12-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Except that late in the 4th when the Pats need a stop on D, they always manage to find a way to execute (maybe veterens pacing themselves?).

Naaa...

They just know what plays are being signaled in. I wonder how? Oh wait.. they gave up ALL the tapes right? :hunch:

Preacher
12-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Here is the funniest thing of all.

The players are "Tired." Why? Because they played 3, count them, 3 night games. Oh boo hoo. Oh yeah, and they traveled. TRAVELED. 2 hours, maybe three in a plane.

Cry me a river. Your players are tired because you used them too much running up the score to provide a different story from Spygate. Now, you're realizing that they are too old to play that much. They need a rest.

May I suggest you take it come the second and third week of January. It would continue on to about May and minicamp...

Galax Steeler
12-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Here is the funniest thing of all.

The players are "Tired." Why? Because they played 3, count them, 3 night games. Oh boo hoo. Oh yeah, and they traveled. TRAVELED. 2 hours, maybe three in a plane.

Cry me a river. Your players are tired because you used them too much running up the score to provide a different story from Spygate. Now, you're realizing that they are too old to play that much. They need a rest.

May I suggest you take it come the second and third week of January. It would continue on to about May and minicamp...

:toofunny::sofunny::toofunny::sofunny:

crew1954
12-08-2007, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=Dino 5 Rings;335139]The Pats are going to be BEATEN and Tired come Monday.

All this talk about the Pats is going to go down in a spiral of madness when they become the Colts of 05 and have a great season only to "fizzle out" late.

Or maybe reminiscent of the 2004 Steelers? What were you guys, 15-1? What happened, talk about 'fizzling out'.

crew1954
12-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Steelers away record and stats:
Record: 2-3, .400 winning percentage
Defense stats: 91 pts allowed/18.2 pts per game
Offense 116 points scored/23.2 points per game
Opponents and (records)
34-7 @Cleveland (7-5)

14-21 @Arizona (6-6)

28-31 @ Denver (5-7).

24-13 @Cincinnati (4-8)

16-19 @ NY Jets (3-9)

Steelers road opponents records 25-35 .417 winning percentage

So on the road the Steelers play .400 ball away against .400 ball playing teams. throwing out the Cleveland blowout on opening day, , The Steelers have gone 1-3 their last 4 away games.

stats for last 4 Steelers road games:

Ave score Steelers: 20.5 Opponent 21

last 4 road opponents combined record: 18- 30 .374 winning percentage

Scary stuff!

SteelersJW
12-08-2007, 09:06 AM
They're gonna be a hell of lot more tired after Sunday, whether we win or lose.

chris66
12-08-2007, 11:50 AM
That quote was said at 1 am right after the game Monday night. I'm sure at that time they were tired. Bellicheck usually has his radio spot the afternoon after the game, but since the game was played on Mon they did it after the game so you really cant read much into that. In his thursday presser he said they were ready to go and looking forward to this game

HometownGal
12-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Or maybe reminiscent of the 2004 Steelers? What were you guys, 15-1? What happened, talk about 'fizzling out'.

Do these numbers from the 2004 season look familiar? Talk about fizzling out. :toofunny::toofunny:

34 - 20

crew1954
12-08-2007, 02:19 PM
41-27 rings a bell, what might that be the score of?

crew1954
12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Yes indeed The 17-2 Patriots fizzled out of the Superbowl in 2004. As Winners.

The 2004 16-2 Steelers ? They finished their season with a "W" as well.

"W" for Whiner".

HometownGal
12-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes indeed The 17-2 Patriots fizzled out of the Superbowl in 2004. As Winners.

The 2004 16-2 Steelers ? They finished their season with a "W" as well.

"W" for Whiner".

Where were your Cheatriots in Super Bowl XL? Oh, that's right. Parked in front of their televisions after getting their asses handed to them by.......

are you ready for this?....

the Broncos. :point:

therocksteeler
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM
:iagree:

Yeah what she said!

:sign01:

:tt02: :cheers:

We just need to go out and play our game.

crew1954
12-08-2007, 02:40 PM
The point I began attempting to make was that the Steelers are not a good road team, and that their defense is nothing special on the road.

Whereas the Patriots are a great home field team.

so we look at the Steelers, 2-3, .400 on the road, this vs. competition playing at .417 ,25-35 (or 23-32 minus the Steelers games) .

Steelers ave. 23.2 and give up 18.2 points averaged over ALL road games.

Pats are 5-0 at home, outscoring the opposition 39.0 to 12.6.

I bet we start seeing this information selectivlely used by Steeler fans and othe Pats haters. Waiting for them to point out the Washington game and write 'well you have to take out the games where the Pats ran up the score, to get a real idea of how they are playing...'.
So we have the Pats at home 5-0

having beaten:

San Diego 7-5

Buffalo 6-6

Cleveland 7-5

Was 6-7

Phi 5-7

33-30 .524 opposition record. (33-25 vs. the rest of the League or .668)

Next comes the apologists with the ' well San Diego had a new coach..." and off we go

HometownGal
12-08-2007, 02:52 PM
The point I began attempting to make was that the Steelers are not a good road team, and that their defense is nothing special on the road.

so we look at the Steelers, 2-3, .400 on the road, this vs. competition playing at .417 ,25-35 (or 23-32 minus the Steelers games) .

I bet we start seeing this information selectivlely used by Steeler fans and othe Pats haters. Waiting for them to point out the Washington game and write 'well you have to take out the games where the Pats ran up the score, to get a real idea of how they are playing...'.

having beaten:

San Diego 7-5

Buffalo 6-6

Cleveland 7-5

Was 6-7

Phi 5-7

Next comes the apologists with the ' well San Diego had a new coach..." and off we go

You can post all the pro-Cheatriots stats you want, crew. The Pats have shown in the last two games against less than stellar teams that their wad is pretty close to having been blown in the first 3/4 of the season. The Steelers, on the other hand, seem to be peaking just when the time is right. Tomlin will have them ready to play, you can count on that.

Any given Sunday . . . . :wink02:

In any event, here's to a good and injury-free game tomorrow afternoon. :cheers:

wadester47
12-08-2007, 03:02 PM
What a ----bag, seriously go back to under the bridge and take a nap - loser.

Steelerstrength
12-08-2007, 03:27 PM

having beaten:

San Diego 7-5

Buffalo 6-6

Cleveland 7-5

Was 6-7

Phi 5-7

Just more hyperbole for the cheatriots!

I've got another one of the same. This story just cracked me up! Talk about a tainted perspective, read this paragraph from an article in the Providence Journal:
"What the experts picking the Steelers fail to realize, however, is that six of Pittsburgh’s games have been played against teams whose average yards per game rank in the bottom 24 teams in the NFL, and eight of their opponents average 21.5 points per game or less, which ranks in the bottom 17 of the 32 NFL teams. "

Talk about reaching for stats! Damn, that is just too funny!

crew1954
12-08-2007, 04:06 PM
You can post all the pro-Cheatriots stats you want, crew. The Pats have shown in the last two games against less than stellar teams that their wad is pretty close to having been blown in the first 3/4 of the season. The Steelers, on the other hand, seem to be peaking just when the time is right. Tomlin will have them ready to play, you can count on that.

Any given Sunday . . . . :wink02:

In any event, here's to a good and injury-free game tomorrow afternoon. :cheers:

Peaking? If The Steelers showing against the Jets ( a loss) Miami ( eking out a 3-0 win at home against a winless team) and beating Cincy in Pittsburgh 24-10 when we beat them 34-13 in Cincy beating means you are peaking, that certainly looks good for the Pats.

The Pats are undefeated. So in Pittsburgh think, a close win is blowing your load, and a close loss is peaking.

I actually was wary of this game, but looking into it, Pittsburgh ( through no fault of their own) has not played anyone good.

Certainly not like Indy and Dallas, both of whom were beaten at home by the Pats.

So I know the Pats can play at this level! Will they? well I hope so.

The Steelers have not had the chance to show they can,so the question for them is are they capable?

crew1954
12-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Just more hyperbole for the cheatriots!

I've got another one of the same. This story just cracked me up! Talk about a tainted perspective, read this paragraph from an article in the Providence Journal:
"What the experts picking the Steelers fail to realize, however, is that six of Pittsburgh?s games have been played against teams whose average yards per game rank in the bottom 24 teams in the NFL, and eight of their opponents average 21.5 points per game or less, which ranks in the bottom 17 of the 32 NFL teams. "

Talk about reaching for stats! Damn, that is just too funny!

How about this for hyperbole: Patriots 12-0.

Talk about reaching, I mean those stupid Pats fans think their team has a chance just because no one has yet been capable of beating them.

Here the Steelers are pulling out a convincing victory over powerful Miami, almost taking the ever dangerous Jets in a close defeat, and those darn NE fans think they might even win.

HometownGal
12-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Peaking? If The Steelers showing against the Jets ( a loss) Miami ( eking out a 3-0 win at home against a winless team) and beating Cincy in Pittsburgh 24-10 when we beat them 34-13 in Cincy beating means you are peaking, that certainly looks good for the Pats.

You know damned well that the games at HF against both the Fins and the Bungles were played in extremely adverse elements and the Steelers still managed to win in that slop. We beat the Bungles in Cincy, as well as trouncing the Rats by over 30 points - a team the Pats had a lot of trouble with last week and eeked out a win by the skin of their jewels in the final seconds.

I actually was wary of this game, but looking into it, Pittsburgh ( through no fault of their own) has not played anyone good.

Certainly not like Indy and Dallas, both of whom were beaten at home by the Pats.
So I know the Pats can play at this level! Will they? well I hope so.

The Cheatriots barely eeked by the Colts, though admittedly strong on offense against the Cowboys, the Pats' D gave up 27 points. Hell - the Pats D has given up 52 points in the last two weeks against two teams with a combined 9-15 record. This week, the Cheats play the #1 D (and #1 secondary) in the league and I think they are going to have their work cut out for them.

The Steelers have not had the chance to show they can,so the question for them is are they capable?

In some ways, this season reminds me so much of the 2005 season when the Steelers were 7-5 at this point in the season and things were looking pretty bleak. They went on to win their final 4 games to get into the playoffs as a WC and we all know how that story ended, don't we? :wink02::tt02:

Rule of thumb - don't EVER count the Steelers out. I sure don't.

crew1954
12-08-2007, 04:56 PM
You know damned well that the games at HF against both the Fins and the Bungles were played in extremely adverse elements and the Steelers still managed to win in that slop. We beat the Bungles in Cincy, as well as trouncing the Rats by over 30 points - a team the Pats had a lot of trouble with last week and eeked out a win by the skin of their jewels in the final seconds.

The Cheatriots barely eeked by the Colts, though admittedly strong on offense against the Cowboys, the Pats' D gave up 27 points. Hell - the Pats D has given up 52 points in the last two weeks against two teams with a combined 9-15 record. This week, the Cheats play the #1 D (and #1 secondary) in the league and I think they are going to have their work cut out for them.

In some ways, this season reminds me so much of the 2005 season when the Steelers were 7-5 at this point in the season and things were looking pretty bleak. They went on to win their final 4 games to get into the playoffs as a WC and we all know how that story ended, don't we? :wink02::tt02:

Rule of thumb - don't EVER count the Steelers out. I sure don't.

Can't compare other seasons. Pats were on the ropes early last year and 1 play from the SB 4 months later.

Both are different teams this year, as they are every year. Just Ask San Diego and the Ravens.

Pats D suspect lately, no excuses. You have used up all your excuses for the Steelers offense on 'the weather, the field" so what happened with the Jets? You offense put up 12 on a bad NY D? your D allowed 19 to what QB?

Yeah Boller and Feeley looked like ALL Stars, but at least soemone other than their mother had heard of them.

crew1954
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM

so the Stealers had legimate reasons for losing and almost losing? But the Patriots are ripe for the picking because they almost lost?

The Cheatriots barely eeked by the Colts, though admittedly strong on offense against the Cowboys, Yes, so the Pats barely eked out a come from behind victory away against an undefeated Sb defending team and the Pats put up close to 50 away against another undefeated team. Your point?

Oh, I remember your point. It is that the steeler have AN EXCUSE for barely beating the winless Phins. They have AN EXCUSE for losing to the 2-8 Jets.

the Pats' D gave up 27 points. Yes they gave up 27 to the undefeated 2nd highest rated offense in the NFL

Hell - the Pats D has given up 52 points in the last two weeks against two teams with a combined 9-15 record.

And the steelers scored 15 points in 2 games against the Phins and Jets with a combined record of 3-21.

This week, the Cheats play the #1 D (and #1 secondary) in the league and I think they are going to have their work cut out for them.

By the way that nice music you have playing, is that the Pittsburgh Symphony? The violins are particularly poignant to listen to while you are MAKING EXCUSES!

crew1954
12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
McFadden appears to be the fans choice by far up here.

Pats will never take a running back that high nor pay him the money he will demand, so don't expect to see him running on Sandy Neck anytime soon.

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
The Pats have shown in the last two games against less than stellar teams that their wad is pretty close to having been blown in the first 3/4 of the season.

That's one way of looking at it...

Another way to look at it is:

Philadelphia (a perennial contender in the NFC) took out all the stops (afterall, they were supposed to lose this game by 3+ TD's, so it became their 'superbowl'). They threw the kitchen sink at the Patriots, and almost... ALMOST pulled it off, but the Patriots perservered.

Then... a talented (albeit undisciplined) Ravens team (13-3 last year), also had nothing to lose but pride... and they also envisioned the game as their superbowl. Hell... even the murderous Ray Lewis was squirting crocodile tears.

They WANTED that game.
Too bad... the Pats wanted it more.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2007, 09:05 PM
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patsjo06_12-06-07_GN85B2N_v14.2c26047.html

If you're tired, then that tells us to bring our game even more and to take advantage.

PantsB
12-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Do you really want to go down this road?

Yes the Steelers beat the Ravens by 31 at home and the Patriots only won by 3 on the road.

The Patriots beat the Jets by 24. The Steelers lost.
The Patriots beat the Bills by 31 and 46. The Steelers won by 23 at home.
The Patriots beat the Bengals by 21 on the road. The Steelers won by 14 at home and 11 on the road.
The Patriots beat the Browns by 17. The Steelers won by 27 (against Frye) and 3.
The Patriots beat @ Miami by 21 and it wasn't nearly that close. The Steelers won at home by 3.

The Patriots have three division soon-to-be-champs before this game. The Steelers have faced only the Seahawks - a team that has managed to get to 8-4 while beating only one winning team in that pathetic division.

Don't try to argue the Steelers will win with the numbers. No rational look at the game can result in that opinion. Go with your gut and emotion etc because thats all you have.

crew1954
12-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Where were your Cheatriots in Super Bowl XL? Oh, that's right. Parked in front of their televisions after getting their asses handed to them by.......

Lucky for the Steelers. Otherwise your season would have ( again) been ended by the Pats.

crew1954
12-08-2007, 10:39 PM

Lucky for ther Steelers, otherwise all of Pittsburgh could have watched the Pats send you home losers again.

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Do you really want to go down this road?

Yes the Steelers beat the Ravens by 31 at home and the Patriots only won by 3 on the road.

The Patriots beat the Jets by 24. The Steelers lost.
The Patriots beat the Bills by 31 and 46. The Steelers won by 23 at home.
The Patriots beat the Bengals by 21 on the road. The Steelers won by 14 at home and 11 on the road.
The Patriots beat the Browns by 17. The Steelers won by 27 (against Frye) and 3.
The Patriots beat @ Miami by 21 and it wasn't nearly that close. The Steelers won at home by 3.

The Patriots have three division soon-to-be-champs before this game. The Steelers have faced only the Seahawks - a team that has managed to get to 8-4 while beating only one winning team in that pathetic division.

Don't try to argue the Steelers will win with the numbers. No rational look at the game can result in that opinion. Go with your gut and emotion etc because thats all you have.

Forget about logic, facts, and statistics.
Those are concepts beyond Steeler fan comprehension.

stillers4me
12-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Forget about logic, facts, and statistics.
Those are concepts beyond Steeler fan comprehension.

I'm sorry, but I believe you've been misdirected to Steelers Fever. The fan site with the delusional and uneducated fanbase is bengals.com. :coffee:

geo123
12-08-2007, 11:09 PM
On any given Sunday....

jjpro11
12-08-2007, 11:40 PM
you pats fans are by far the biggest bunch of douche bags i have ever seen. i've never seen so many swarms of one fan base invade a message board proclaiming their teams' built up greatness. browns, bengals and ravens fans combined are not as worse as you.. just stfu already and wait for the game. your not even talking about the game half the time.. rather spouting off a bunch of bullshit fueled by the media. your team is full of arrogant pricks and you all are no different.

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 11:50 PM
i've never seen so many swarms of one fan base invade a message board

Damn straight, mofo.

We come locked and loaded.... Afterall, our namesake kicked the shyt outta the British Empire.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 12:02 AM
We come locked and loaded.....

:jerkit: lol. with what?

youve been firing blanks to this point.

Afterall, our namesake kicked the shyt outta the British Empire

eh, they were big headed pu$$ies living offa reputation just like the patriots.

crew1954
12-09-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm sorry, but I believe you've been misdirected to Steelers Fever. The fan site with the delusional and uneducated fanbase is bengals.com. :coffee:

I was away on business the week NE played Cincy, so never got over there. Are they really that bad?

The team is delusional so I guess you might expect the same from the fans!

Haiku_Dirtt
12-09-2007, 04:03 AM

Junior Seau seems to be playing alot. I remember him playing college ball when most recent Patriot fans were weeping happy tears into their Sam Adams as they spoke fondly of Doug Flutie - at BC.

All the sh*t talking aside, if Ben has time then this game is 50/50. With a 13 point spread that dropped to 10 it's a little hard to overlook that the cracks in the New England defense aren't imagined.

Junior Seau should be comp'ing ****tails in San Diego and not salvaging a NFL linebacking crew.:hunch:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Junior Seau seems to be playing alot. I remember him playing college ball when most recent Patriot fans were weeping happy tears into their Sam Adams as they spoke fondly of Doug Flutie - at BC.

All the sh*t talking aside, if Ben has time then this game is 50/50. With a 13 point spread that dropped to 10 it's a little hard to overlook that the cracks in the New England defense aren't imagined.

Junior Seau should be comp'ing ****tails in San Diego and not salvaging a NFL linebacking crew.:hunch:

As far as a spread goes, 10 points is still a lot for a pro football game, so lets to read too much into that.

Point spreads are also dependent on which side is receiving the most 'action' so all the spread dropping tells is that more money is being bet on pittsburgh to cover ( not win).

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 09:59 AM

Lucky for ther Steelers, otherwise all of Pittsburgh could have watched the Pats send you home losers again.

Yeah, never mind the fact that the Steelers kicked that same Broncos team all over the same field the Pats imploded against them on the following week. But don't let facts get in the way of the ignorant and arrogant chest-thumping, bandwagon man. :coffee:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah, never mind the fact that the Steelers kicked that same Broncos team all over the same field the Pats imploded against them on the following week. But don't let facts get in the way of the ignorant and arrogant chest-thumping, bandwagon man. :coffee:

Great the steelers beat the Bronco's.

What does that have to do with whether the Steelers would have won a playoff game at Foxboro?

The Pats beat The Jets 38-14 ( a +21 points) in the Meadowlands. The Steelers lost to the Jets 19-16 at the Jets ( -3).

Using the 'Fan since '76's' famous math corollary is is therefore a certainty that the Steelers lose to Pats by 24 ( 21+(-3)).

The over under will be 54 ( 24 +( 'fansince'76' IQ/2)).

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Great the steelers beat the Bronco's.

What does that have to do with whether the Steelers would have won a playoff game at Foxboro?

The Pats beat The Jets 38-14 ( a +21 points) in the Meadowlands. The Steelers lost to the Jets 19-16 at the Jets ( -3).

Using the 'Fan since '76's' famous math corollary is is therefore a certainty that the Steelers lose to Pats by 24 ( 21+(-3)).

The over under will be 54 ( 24 +( 'fansince'76' IQ/2)).

What makes it such a certainty that the Pats would have won had they not screwed the pooch against the Broncos, brainiac? Because you say so? Whatever. :coffee:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 10:59 AM
What makes it such a certainty that the Pats would have won had they not screwed the pooch against the Broncos, brainiac? Because you say so? Whatever. :coffee:

Past results can be an indicator of future performance.

A. We all know the Bronco's ( for whatever reason) own the Pats.

B. We also know that Pittsburgh has lost to the Pats in the playoffs the last 3 games they have played.

stillers4me
12-09-2007, 11:06 AM
WOW.....you guys must be really worried. :hunch:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 11:16 AM
This whole conversation is amusing anyway. The Pats lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2005, after winning 10 straight playoff games over 4 seasons.

Where were the SB defending Steelers last year when the Pats were playing in their 3rd AFCCG in 4 years?

Losing to the Broncos? No? Oh, sorry San Diego? No? Baltimore? Oh Indy, no....

Mental block here, sorry. what did you do during the 2006 playoffs?? You played a home game? With who? The Steelers? You mean you played with yourselves?

crew1954
12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
WOW.....you guys must be really worried. :hunch:

Your smiley is going to have bigger traps than Ted Johnson if he keeps doing all those shoulder shrugs!

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 11:44 AM
B. We also know that Pittsburgh has lost to the Pats in the playoffs the last 3 games they have played.

Wrong again, but not surprising, considering one of the games was pre-2001. :coffee:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Plyoffhist.jpg

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Where were the SB defending Steelers last year when the Pats were playing in their 3rd AFCCG in 4 years?

Oh, you mean the biggest choke job in AFCCG history? You must be proud. :coffee:

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Wrong again, but not surprising, considering one of the games was pre-2001. :coffee:

more misinformation trying to be spread on a steelersboard. whats funny is the patfans actually believe this crap they read on their own boards.

i guess in some places, reading opinions on a messageboard is considered doing research.

crew1954
12-09-2007, 12:53 PM

Sorry 3 out of the last 4. That 1997 game it was frigid out.

If the reference to 'pre 2001' is supposed to be a an accusation that i didn't follow the Pats prior to that, it is amusing.

My first Pats game was in 1969 when Mike taliferro was the QB.

1976 ( the year you finally became a Steelers fan-Why was it again they had to win 2 SB's before you followed them/)

Pats beat Steelers first time ( with Grogan. Don't believe Plunkett ever did) and Oakland 2x- killed them on Monday Night football 50-14 or thereabouts, and got robbed of an SB by ref's in playoffs against Oakland. Only game the Raiders lost that year was regular season to the Pats.

Bradshaw injured that year, so Joe Street Qb'd ( I think that year) against Oakland in the AFCCG, and the Raiders got the Buffalo Bills of the '70's, Bud Grants's Vikings in the Sb.

Pats would have went all the way.

don't think the NE/Oak game was thrown or at least REALLY blown? NFL would not release highlights of the game to the television stations until Wednesday after the game.

Now why would the NFL not want the free publicity they got from the networks especially after a play off game?

If you need anymore info on your Steelers prior to hitching a ride on the float after their 2nd SB win, just let me know.

Here' a steeler trivia question for you: who ran the fastest 40 in Pittsburgh's training camp in 1970?

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Here' a steeler trivia question for you: who ran the fastest 40 in Pittsburgh's training camp in 1970?
i would say t. bradshaw. i thought i heard something once. or maybe im thinking of who tossed a javelin the furthest.

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Sorry 3 out of the last 4. That 1997 game it was frigid out.

If the reference to 'pre 2001' is supposed to be a an accusation that i didn't follow the Pats prior to that, it is amusing.

My first Pats game was in 1969 when Mike taliferro was the QB.

1976 ( the year you finally became a Steelers fan-Why was it again they had to win 2 SB's before you followed them/)

Pats beat Steelers first time ( with Grogan. Don't believe Plunkett ever did) and Oakland 2x- killed them on Monday Night football 50-14 or thereabouts, and got robbed of an SB by ref's in playoffs against Oakland. Only game the Raiders lost that year was regular season to the Pats.

Bradshaw injured that year, so Joe Street Qb'd ( I think that year) against Oakland in the AFCCG, and the Raiders got the Buffalo Bills of the '70's, Bud Grants's Vikings in the Sb.

Pats would have went all the way.

don't think the NE/Oak game was thrown or at least REALLY blown? NFL would not release highlights of the game to the television stations until Wednesday after the game.

Now why would the NFL not want the free publicity they got from the networks especially after a play off game?

If you need anymore info on your Steelers prior to hitching a ride on the float after their 2nd SB win, just let me know.

Amazing - it only took you a little over an hour to Google all that. What I find amusing is all the Pats fans who have supposedly been fans since the '60s, when I never saw anybody anywhere (and I've lived all over the country growing up as an army brat) wearing Pats colors or anything of the like. :coffee:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh, you mean the biggest choke job in AFCCG history? You must be proud. :coffee:

No the biggest choke jobs last season were: 1. the Steelers miserable attempt to defend their title 2. you throttling your capon while the Pats played for the title.

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:05 PM
more misinformation trying to be spread on a steelersboard. whats funny is the patfans actually believe this crap they read on their own boards.

i guess in some places, reading opinions on a messageboard is considered doing research.

Here' the one we're missing:

2005 Divisional Playoff: Pittsburgh Steelers 3, New England Patriots 28

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 01:07 PM

2005 Divisional Playoff: Pittsburgh Steelers 3, New England Patriots 28

I think you mean 1996. Yeah, keep trying there, old-timer. :coffee:

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 01:08 PM

2005 Divisional Playoff: Pittsburgh Steelers 3, New England Patriots 28lol. make believe is fun huh? pittsburgh has mr. rogers. what do you have? romper room?

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
No the biggest choke jobs last season were: 1. the Steelers miserable attempt to defend their title

You mean like the "Greatest Team Of All Time" did in '02 and '05? :coffee:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Amazing - it only took you a little over an hour to Google all that. What I find amusing is all the Pats fans who have supposedly been fans since the '60s, when I never saw anybody anywhere (and I've lived all over the country growing up as an army brat) wearing Pats colors or anything of the like. :coffee:

Your smiley is nervous about the game today, he keeps talking to himself.

You couldn't google Mike Taliferro ( pronounced Talifer) if you had a Cray and 3 years.

Don't know about the colors thing, but it wasn't exacty a tough ticket. after 78. 1971-77 when Plunkett and Vataha came there was some electricity and Hannah, sam the Bam, Mini Mac. After 78 it died out.

The stadium, the fights in the stands, HC's, the ownership.

Plus we all had jobs, you know, not collecting like 1/2 of steeltown in 1980.

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Plus we all had jobs, you know, not collecting like 1/2 of steeltown in 1980.

Well, that's instructive, considering I was all of 12 years old in '80. Blow "facts" out your ass, get proven wrong multiple times, bash the opposing team's city. Typical. :yawn:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:26 PM
You mean like the "Greatest Team Of All Time" did in '02 and '05? :coffee:

2002 still tied for division lead. didn't get to playoffs because of tie breaker.

2005 played in 2nd round of playoffs.

With all the titles we have and will be winning, there will be some off years. It's in the NFL rulebook that the Pats aren't allowed to always win.

That's why we gave you one in 2005. Your welcome!

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
That's why we gave you one in 2005. Your welcome!

Yeah, right. Seems you couldn't get the job done at Mile High whereas we did. :yawn:

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 01:33 PM
You couldn't google Mike Taliferro ( pronounced Talifer) if you had a Cray and 3 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Taliaferro

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
i would say t. bradshaw. i thought i heard something once. or maybe im thinking of who tossed a javelin the furthest.

Right. That was in SI that year.

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Taliaferro

Wasn't that Wikipedea? Wow, more on Google than I thought. But you probably just wrote it knowing the source ( wikipedea).

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah, right. Seems you couldn't get the job done at Mile High whereas we did. :yawn:

You guys are funny. Anyone I knew wanted the Steelers to win after the Pats lost, no one likes Denver here. And the AFCCG, Steelers vs. the Indy Mannings? What do you think?

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=crew1954;335949]

"...NFL would not release highlights of the game to the television stations until Wednesday after the game...."

iIn Re: The Patriots/Oakland 1976 playoff game;

Find that on wikipedea. I never can ever find any info on that game other than the company line. There is not mention that I can find, of the news blackout.

NFL HQ in NYC would not answer the phone that whole week. I was in college and we were trying to call and get an answer/ give them a hard time.

Anyone out there know anything other than unfounded rumor. will even listen to informed speculation.[/B]

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
No the biggest choke jobs last season were: 2. you throttling your capon while the Pats played for the title.

And what was the outcome of that game again? :whistle:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 03:03 PM
And what was the outcome of that game again? :whistle:

The Pats choked. Had to sit though it all. Not fun, that game. but it was a great season, a surprising season, as I did not have much expectation with no wide receivers, etc..

Actually more fun than this year in ways.

Kind of like you in 2005.

2004, disappointment. 2005 pleasant surprise!