PDA

View Full Version : 2:00 To Go

Steel Warrior
12-06-2007, 08:11 PM
OK, with only 2:00 to go and the score is 24-20 this Sunday. Which would you rather see, we have the ball and have to score the TD, or they have the ball and have to score the TD? I'm going with we have the ball and have to score the TD.
:smoker:

HometownGal
12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
OK, with only 2:00 to go and the score is 24-20 this Sunday. Which would you rather see, we have the ball and have to score the TD, or they have the ball and have to score the TD? I'm going with we have the ball and have to score the TD.

That's easy. I'm with you on this one, Warrior. There is no QB in the league more lethal in the 2:00 drill than Fairy Tom, as both the Eagles and Ravens know all too well. I'd like our chances against the Pats less than stellar D.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2007, 08:14 PM

Seeing as the Steelers could not stop the Broncos or Jets with 2:00 to go and that the strength of the Pats is not their D I would much rather have the ball down 4..

iloveben7
12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
we have the ball and have to score. We have Ben who has lead us from behind in the 4th quarter so many times and the defense is the weakest thing on the Patriots.

jjpro11
12-06-2007, 08:26 PM
i love our defense this year.. but our 2:00 minute defense, if thats what you call it, has been our achilles heel. the jets and broncos marched right down the field to tie and win. the browns were a couple yards short of doing the same.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, I'd rather have us up 34-0...but for arguments sake I'd take us needing to score.

If they send a few people to rush, Ben can dump it off to Willie or Miller.

If they cover everyone Ben can run for the first down and/or score.

Not to mention Fast Willie can break a long one for a score any time.

klick81
12-06-2007, 10:49 PM
That's easy. I'm with you on this one, Warrior. There is no QB in the league more lethal in the 2:00 drill than Fairy Tom, as both the Eagles and Ravens know all too well. I'd like our chances against the Pats less than stellar D.

Makes sense. I'll take that answer as well.

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-07-2007, 12:31 AM
i love our defense this year.. but our 2:00 minute defense, if thats what you call it, has been our achilles heel. the jets and broncos marched right down the field to tie and win. the browns were a couple yards short of doing the same.

I love when we run the prevent and we're only up by 3 :dang:. LeBeau is a genius, but sometimes it's frustrating being a Steelers fan in the 4th quarter :helmet:

Haiku_Dirtt
12-07-2007, 02:26 AM

Sorry I disagree with everyone who is sane.

With 2:00 minutes left in the game you put the ball in Tom Brady's hands. And then let's go Bastille Day and decapitate him. WIN or LOSE.

Real men cheat ON THE FIELD. Little girls hide behind the curtains with their little cameras. I'll trade a stretcher for the yellow flag now that Cleveland lost to Arizona.

:karate:

Buzz05
12-07-2007, 07:19 AM
I want out Defense out on that field with 2:00 to go. Tom Brady may be the best in the game at it. But in order to be the best you gotta beat the best. The No.1 O vs the No.1 D with the game and history on the line. Lets see who walks out of the alley. Lets see how Baby Brady does against a Defense that will still be bring the heat with .01 to go and not tiring out and making mental mistakes like the Eagles and Ravens. I want people to say, Brady ran into a better team. Not...well he ran out of time. No forgiveness, No excusses, No Mercy.

LambertLunatic
12-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Either way we're screwed. If we're up by 4, with 2:00 left, Brady (praise be unto his name) will lead them to a TD with no time remaining. If we're down by 4, the genius Belichick will put Brady Christ into the game as a D lineman. The most exalted Brady will then put pressure on Ben, causing Ben to throw 1/16 of an inch too far to the left. This is all that the glorious Brady will need to rush into the secondary, intercept the pass, and run through all 11 Steelers on the field for the touchdown. The savior of all humankind Tom Brady will then make the 2 point conversion by throwing himself a pass. The all knowing Brady will then make an onside kickoff, recovered by the omnipotent Brady, who returns it for yet another TD.

The_WARDen
12-07-2007, 08:38 AM

depends...are the refs involved? If so, it doesn't really matter...

SteelDogFan
12-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Brady has not only proved in regular season games that he is unstoppable when the game is on the line. He has also done it in the play-offs and Superbowl. Your telling me you WANT to give him the opportunity to win the game in the last seconds. Thats crazy. I would rather he been on the pine and the Steelers have to drive down and win the game. The better chance to win would be if the ball is in Ben's hands and not Tom's.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Here is what would make me happiest. 2 mins to go, down by 4. We have the ball, drive down field in under a minute and score 7, then kick off and give them the ball on their own 35 with 1min left and they can have all 3 time outs.

Then our D shuts them down, they get 12 yards total on the drive, use up all 3 time outs and we get the ball back when they miss going for it on 4th and inches.

Then they shut up and are "relieved" of the burden of being undefeated.

Then we prepare for the next game.

Til January.

19ward86
12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
i would take our #1 defense against their #1 offense. i dont believe we will be in a four point sitiation(not mispelled) unless our O doesnt show up.