PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss the X-Factor

warddj86
12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I was watching ESPN and i think it was michael smith said that randy moss was the x-factor on sunday. He said that if the steelers shut him down and limit his receptions steelers win, if randy moss explodes pats win, any1 agree with mr. smith?

jjpro11
12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
the thing im worried about is us playing way too far off of the receivers. when you get physical with the pats receivers, they become very average, which has become apparent the past 2 weeks. i trust lebeau to know what the best possible way is to stop them.. but im just not so sure we can run the same defense we do against other teams, against the pats.

stlrtruck
12-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I was watching ESPN and i think it was michael smith said that randy moss was the x-factor on sunday. He said that if the steelers shut him down and limit his receptions steelers win, if randy moss explodes pats win, any1 agree with mr. smith?

Let me add to this one - if Randy Moss gets hit hard early in the game, he won't want to catch anything the rest of the game!! He showed that during the eagles game and I think if Mr. Anthony Smith could introduce himself ala the TJ hit last year we could leave Randy unattended the rest of the game and he'd still be scared of the ball.

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Though Moss is far more talented overall than either CJ or TJ, we all saw what happened a few weeks ago when they were smacked around by our secondary - they were both as useless as tits on a bull. We need to give all 3 Patsies receiving threats, but especially Moss, a huge helping of brute force.

tony hipchest
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
no, ty law was the x-factor. moss is the weed factor.

revefsreleets
12-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Just to offer the contrary view into the record, LeBeau may have a scheme where the DB's lay off the WR's. If that happens, there is a reason.

If you jam the receivers at the line, you have to have the personnel to do so, and you risk giving up the big play if the WR gets separation. The "cushion" means the D wants the passing game to be forced into small ball, essentially conceding short passes to protect against the long-ball.

This is where it sucks to be a coordinator. If the scheme works, he's brilliant, if it doesn't, he's an idiot. The most important part, as always, is execution.

I do expect the Steelers to jam the WR's at the line, though. The Steelers DB's are physical enough to do so, and the pass rush can be strong enough to take advantage of the slight delay at the line. But if it doesn't happen, that means better football minds than ours have found an alternative gameplan they think can work.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2007, 07:03 PM
As long as we shut down the receivers. Meaning if they get catches, we knock them down quickly after gains of maybe 1 or 2 yards at most, we've done well.

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Welker is more an X-factor than Moss IMHO. The Eagles limited Moss' receptions and Welker killed them between the 20s. The Ravens hit everything that moved and none of the WRs had a big game. The DBs just need to play solid as they have been, hit any open receiver and be waiting for the 2 or 3 bombs Brady is going to launch to loosen them up.

warddj86
12-11-2007, 03:39 PM
i cant believe it, he was the x-factor, think about it, w/o him there, two recieving touchdowns are gone and that lateral play we ran against the bengals is gone

The Patriot
12-11-2007, 06:01 PM
i cant believe it, he was the x-factor, think about it, w/o him there, two recieving touchdowns are gone and that lateral play we ran against the bengals is gone

Well for one, the lateral play wasn't an outstanding performance by Moss. I think I could have done a better job catching it and tossing it back to Brady.