PDA

View Full Version : Carter flapping his gums now...

The_WARDen
12-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Article is on the Tribune Review site but I can't post the link yet.

Basically, he's calling Moss soft. Can't these run of the mill guys shut the h*ll up???
Idiots!

You don't hear the stars of the team saying anything but these backups can't get out of the way of their own tongues.

:dang:

Edman
12-07-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_541558.html

More like accessing Moss as a player, not calling him soft. They're basically saying they have to contain him. And by doing that, they have to do what every other Steeler fan is saying: They have to hit and jam his behind as well as the rest of the Patriot recievers.

4xSBChamps
12-07-2007, 08:57 AM
..... can't these run of the mill guys shut the h*ll up???
Idiots!

Q-F-T

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I really don't see anything Carter said as "flapping his gums". He's only reiterating a well-known fact that Moss doesn't like to get hit. Most receivers don't. Carter knows what he has to do to contain Moss and from watching Tyrone's play the last several weeks, Moss had better wear his armor. :thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Carter is not only a fool, he is a hypocrite:

Smith's Wednesday comments, which included his saying the Bengals have better wide receivers than the Patriots, were not welcome by all of the Steelers.

"I told him, 'You can't really do stuff like that. You gotta really think about the stuff you say,' " veteran strong safety Tyrone Carter said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_541561.html

Do what I say, not what I do?:dang:

Carter is another obscure player who is basking in his 15 minutes of fame in the run up to the game of the week. He is another bench player who is only starting due to injuries.

The comments of Smith and Carter this week at least confirm why they woof & preen every time they make a play - it is all about them, not about the team or the game.

Edman
12-07-2007, 09:12 AM
15 minutes of fame? Can someone point out what Carter said that was bad? I think Randy Moss don't like contact, but he's still a hell of a WR that we must look out for?

Mountain out of anthill.:dang:

tony hipchest
12-07-2007, 09:16 AM
ryan clark said moss has no guts and he still has his old spleen in a jar that he could have.

troy called brady a pu$$y.

it seems something is in the mix for the safeties this week and they feel pretty confident they are gonna play a large roll in the gameplan. or maybe they have just been given the green light to go head hunting.

either way it seems like tomlin isnt gonna restrict what the players are saying and roll with the punches.

on the flipside is belichick constantly in moss' face, testing his manhood and letting him know EVERYBODY (including his own mom and tomlin) thinks hes a fag and a pu$$.

hearing footsteps will not cause moss to drop the ball. the only way that will happen is to jar it loose with a crushing blow. and if moss was hot dogging it and loafing in the last 2 weeks, he certainly isnt gonna do it in this game.

4xSBChamps
12-07-2007, 09:25 AM
..... hearing footsteps will not cause moss to drop the ball. the only way that will happen is to jar it loose with a crushing blow......

in the immortal words of Steven Tyler

"talk-is-cheap.....

SHUT-UP & DANCE!!!!!"

if you hit 'em hard-enough, you ain't GOTTA do any-talkin'!!!!!

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
15 minutes of fame? Can someone point out what Carter said that was bad? I think Randy Moss don't like contact, but he's still a hell of a WR that we must look out for?

I have to ask the same question here, as I am at a loss as to what Carter said that really is so terrible. :confused:

TackleMeBen
12-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I have to ask the same question here, as I am at a loss as to what Carter said that really is so terrible. :confused:
:iagree: i think people are just looking to make something out of nothing. especially the media who cant stop licking the pats rearend.

Atlanta Dan
12-07-2007, 09:36 AM

He is bragging about a play he allegedly made in frigging practice on the same day he allegedly instructed Smith to watch what he says about opposing teams' receivers.

Of course with as little game time as Carter has played in his career I guess his greatest career memories occur when he plays on the scout team.

I hope all this talk from our second team safeties is not false bravado because they are scared = Silverback certainly has felt no need to say what a tough guy he is this week.

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
"I know he doesn't like to get hit, man," Carter said. "Randy Moss doesn't like to get hit. I played with him in Minnesota (2000-02). The main thing he had problems with was when guys got in his face, jamming him at the line, hitting him when they got a chance and getting him off his normal pace.

"I think that rattles him a little bit."

Carter is only speaking the truth here, imho. Who didn't know Moss doesn't like to get hit? It isn't like he called him out for being a pu$$y or a whiner (both of which he is).

Carter said the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens played physically against Moss each of the past two weeks and that the Steelers plan to do the same. Moss had his two lowest yardage totals (43, 34 yards) of the season in those games.

"I saw Randy get hit a couple of times by (Ravens safety Ed) Reed, and one time, he was kind of looking to see if the safety was going to be in there," Carter said. "But that's every receiver. You only have a few receivers who (make the catch) and take the big hits, and Randy is not one of 'em."

Again - Carter is stating the truth. Anyone who watched the Pats/Rats game could clearly see what Carter is referring to. No big deal.

Moss likely remembers one of his ventures into Carter country. It happened during a Vikings practice, when the two collided so violently -- albeit inadvertently -- that then-Vikings coach Mike Tice ordered Carter off the field.

"(Moss) ran a seam route, and I read it," Carter said. "I made a break on the ball and leveled him. I tried to avoid him, but my 'avoid' was going one way, and he ran into me. He knew I didn't try to knock him out."

Though this could be viewed as a little bragging on Carter's part, I don't think it's a huge deal. I'm sure there were times in practice where Moss beat Carter like a rented mule - shit happens.

I think this is just another media attempt to create headlines, nothing more.

Whether Carter is a scrub or a starter - I don't think many of us can deny that he has played well in Troy's absence. If he continues along those lines against the Cheatriots if Troy isn't in there, I say more power to him.

SteelerFanInCA
12-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Agreed. :dang:

ExtonSteelFan
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
He is bragging about a play he allegedly made in frigging practice on the same day he allegedly instructed Smith to watch what he says about opposing teams' receivers.

Of course with as little game time as Carter has played in his career I guess his greatest career memories occur when he plays on the scout team.

I hope all this talk from our second team safeties is not false bravado because they are scared = Silverback certainly has felt no need to say what a tough guy he is this week.

Besides his game against the ravens, have you ever heard harrison speak to the media period? He's shy and it's not what he likes to do.

Bottom line is that In the NFL ego's run wild because they are the best in the business. I think all of this trash talk is funny. It brings anticipation to the game because you want to see what these guys are going to do out there.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
The thing is, I am starting to like it more and more.

Lets be the Bad Guys, lets be the Intimidators, not the Intimidated.

Lets bring the BIG STICK and instead of being sneaky, flat out tell them, "Hey Fools, we are coming with a BIG STICK."

When the head coach says "We aren't appalachian state" he is basically saying, it won't be an upset if we win. We Expect to win, this is the kind of fire we could have used before some of our losses this year. We talk smack against the Browns and Bengals and OWN both of them. Lets bring it. You know we talked some smack to the Ravens, and CRUSHED them. Lets talk it, walk it, bring it and DELIVER it in a devistatingly VIOLENT Way!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS

HERE WE GO!

jjpro11
12-07-2007, 11:51 AM
i think we all pretty much knew that moss hates playing physical football anyhow. i'd rather carter have kept it to himself.. but whatever.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2007, 12:00 PM
maybe this will actually get into the Pats heads too, especially if we do take an early lead and get a turnover or two early on. They'll press, and start taking cheap shots (harrison) and the flags will start flying and Ward will be Smiling and they'll only get more frustrated as the game wears on. And the Doubt will come, and then the Fear, and then the reality, they aren't as good as they pretend to be.

19ward86
12-07-2007, 12:05 PM
that is what you get when you sign someone from minnesota, jk i love tavaris jackson and adrian peterson.

geo123
12-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't question any players courage out on the field. I did notice that Balt. played the receivers tight off the line; probablly to get a good bump

Atlanta Dan
12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Besides his game against the ravens, have you ever heard harrison speak to the media period? He's shy and it's not what he likes to do.

That is one more reason I like Silverback (and Aaron Smith and Big Snack and Keisel and Farrior and Troy and i could go on and on) - the talent on this team knows it is good and does not need to pound the drums to the media about how good they are

As Chuck Noll said about Hollywood Henderson, "empty drums make tehe most noise."

Get back to me about how much you enjoy Smith and Carter's attitudes when they get flagged for taunting or a late hit on Sunday.

tony hipchest
12-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Get back to me about how much you enjoy Smith and Carter's attitudes when they get flagged for taunting or a late hit on Sunday.they were talking about l. landry's late hit on muhammed last night. blasted him anthony smith style (after taking 1 /12 steps which was clearly flagrant. anyone remember the new rule?

then t. newman had a little message for j. kitna this weekend to watch for him coming on a cb blitz, cause he has 15, 20, 30, whatever thousand dollars just sitting around to pay for the fine. he was sent a nice little memo from the nfl.

i look for the refs to test one of this years new "patriotrules" where they can immediately eject and suspend a player for a subjective "late" hit. if troy is out and with our back up safeties perking the ears of the officials and putting targets on their backs, the yellow flags may be the equalizer.

this is unfortunate if they been given the green light to push the limits of their physicallity because if they do as much as sneeze inproperly they will be the 1st players to be tossed. belichick will see to that.

stlrtruck
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
All this wouldn't even raise an eyebrow if it wasn't the poster child for GQ we were playing this week!!!

X-Terminator
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Some of you guys really need to pull the underwear out of your asses. Carter didn't say ONE THING in that interview that could be construed as "dissing" Randy Moss. He was being honest in his assessment since, after all, he and Moss were teammates in Minnesota. But I guess NFL players aren't allowed to be honest anymore.

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Some of you guys really need to pull the underwear out of your asses. Carter didn't say ONE THING in that interview that could be construed as "dissing" Randy Moss. He was being honest in his assessment since, after all, he and Moss were teammates in Minnesota. But I guess NFL players aren't allowed to be honest anymore.

I agree. If a team that is undefeated needs motivation to play well this late in the season then they are not as good as their record. And Carter's comments were not inflammatory in the least. Geez.

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Tyrone Carter:
The Patriots suck. Seriously. Just garbage. They all suck and I'm a better player than anyone. I love attention.

He said that. Then he followed up with:

Tyrone Carter:
I guarantee we will win. I mean really all I'm saying is we're going to win and the media is putting words in my mouth because I'm not used to being interviewed 24/7. But please, continue with the hyperbole.

I think some of you need to take a chill pill :yawn:

Two emotional backup safeties that otherwise wouldn't get play time come in, play so good we barely notice the absence of our starters, and you guys get upset when they...get emotional? :smile:

Anthony Smith clearly got played by the media, and for those in the "He should know better!"...this is probably his second interview in the NFL where anyone was paying attention, the first being his draft interview :smile: Not to mention it's against the Patriots, whose very name makes the media's pants tighter. He got outwitted by guys who get money to outwit emotional players and get 10 second soundbits, whatever, not a big deal and it can be coached/matured out of him

Tyrone Carter said, paraphrased, that if the Steelers want to stop Moss they need to play physical and hit him hard, because, like most receivers, Moss doesn't like contact. He even pays the guy a compliment:

Tyrone Carter:
"He kills you at the job he does," said Carter, who will start Sunday if Troy Polamalu (knee) is unable to play. "They pay him to catch touchdowns and catch deep balls. We just have to do a good job stopping him."

He backs up his reasoning by explaining he played with Moss in Minnesota and further offers first hand anecdotal evidence...but apparently he's dissing Moss and just bragging about a hit...some of you guys :flap:

Lord forbid Haggans gets hurts and Woodley plays well and talks to the media. I'm guessing some people would mail him death threats :toofunny:

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 02:53 PM
He said that. Then he followed up with:

I think some of you need to take a chill pill :yawn:

Two emotional backup safeties that otherwise wouldn't get play time come in, play so good we barely notice the absence of our starters, and you guys get upset when they...get emotional? :smile:

Anthony Smith clearly got played by the media, and for those in the "He should know better!"...this is probably his second interview in the NFL where anyone was paying attention, the first being his draft interview :smile: Not to mention it's against the Patriots, whose very name makes the media's pants tighter. He got outwitted by guys who get money to outwit emotional players and get 10 second soundbits, whatever, not a big deal and it can be coached/matured out of him

Tyrone Carter said, paraphrased, that if the Steelers want to stop Moss they need to play physical and hit him hard, because, like most receivers, Moss doesn't like contact. He even pays the guy a compliment:

He backs up his reasoning by explaining he played with Moss in Minnesota and further offers first hand anecdotal evidence...but apparently he's dissing Moss and just bragging about a hit...some of you guys :flap:

Lord forbid Haggans gets hurts and Woodley plays well and talks to the media. I'm guessing some people would mail him death threats :toofunny:

Link please?

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Link please?

Was kidding. Just crafting some of my own hyperbole so I don't feel left out :wink02:

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Was kidding. Just crafting some of my own hyperbole so I don't feel left out :wink02:

Got it. Nicely done. :cheers:

The_WARDen
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
My belief is that if you're good, you don't have to run your mouth. Just shut up and go prove it. Talk is for punks like Chad Johnson. The Marvin Harrisons of the world don't need to talk.

NJarhead
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Article is on the Tribune Review site but I can't post the link yet.

Basically, he's calling Moss soft. Can't these run of the mill guys shut the h*ll up???
Idiots!

You don't hear the stars of the team saying anything but these backups can't get out of the way of their own tongues.

NIce username

The_WARDen
12-07-2007, 03:56 PM
NIce username

great minds think alike.

NJarhead
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
great minds think alike.

Okay. I'll buy that.

alittlejazzbird
12-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I've watched Randy Moss play since his Marshall days, and while his talent has grown considerably, some things haven't changed at all. Chad Pennington can attest to his loafing on plays that weren't all about him, and he whined to the officials every time he was hit. Just like Terrell Owens, he's all sunshine and smiles when things are going perfectly, but let a few cracks show up in the veneer, and you'll see the real Randy Moss. IMO Carter said nothing that wasn't common knowledge, and the media pounced because, well, that's what they do.

You know what I look forward to the most? Watching Hines lay someone out with a ferocious block. Win or lose, it'll be a highlight to see the look on that defender's face.

steelpride12
12-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Sorry, but i love all the smack talking by the Steelers its really showing our never give up menatallity and proves we never back down from a fight.
I like Carter and Smith trash talking over Ward or Ben because it shows the WHOLE team back up or not are ready to come and play their hearts out and it only pumps me up more!

4xSBChamps
12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
..... all the smack talking by the Steelers..... proves we never back down from a fight.....

..... with all due-respect, running your mouth, before a game, never proved anything to anybody about 'backing-down from a fight' :
pre-game ttrash-talk is more-reminiscent of Cliff Harris baiting Roy Gerela after a botched field-goal attempt than it is of Jack Lambert spreading Harris' remains on the Orange Bowl turf and screaming

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/images/lambert_yeah.jpg
"WE ARE THE INTIMIDATORS!!!!!"

Harrison repeatedly fighting-through blockers to get to Brady, Ward dishing-out more punishment than he takes, and over-coming a seemingly superior opponent, proves you won't back-down from a fight, and none of that can happen until 4:15 tomorrow, on the field, at Foxboro.

NateC
12-08-2007, 02:40 PM
..... with all due-respect, running your mouth, before a game, never proved anything to anybody about 'backing-down from a fight' :
pre-game ttrash-talk is more-reminiscent of Cliff Harris baiting Roy Gerela after a botched field-goal attempt than it is of Jack Lambert spreading Harris' remains on the Orange Bowl turf and screaming

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/images/lambert_yeah.jpg
"WE ARE THE INTIMIDATORS!!!!!"

Harrison repeatedly fighting-through blockers to get to Brady, Ward dishing-out more punishment than he takes, and over-coming a seemingly superior opponent, proves you won't back-down from a fight, and none of that can happen until 4:15 tomorrow, on the field, at Foxboro.

YES SIR,

Point is We Said It... Now We go Back it up...

We have nothing to Lose, Win or lose we gonna go to the dance in january, then it really means something...
We go and try to ruin undefeated for NE, One game, Tomorrow it is...

LETS ROLL ON EM STEELERS>:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Steelers43fan
12-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Carter is right! Moss needs to find out what it's like to get punished and once he's get's leveled he'll think twice...and have that vision and feel for the rest of the game.

The_WARDen
12-10-2007, 08:45 AM
What we need is more trash talking...good job guys, you ran your mouth and got embarassed.