PDA

View Full Version : If the Patriots lose...

Stu Pidasso
12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
How do you think the media will cover it? Will it be "How the Steelers are so good" or "What happened to the Patriots? How did they lose?"

What I'm saying is, the Pats lose, will they give the Steelers props, or make excuses for the Pats? They are already spouting off on "how tired they are..." BS.

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-07-2007, 03:09 PM
No question, it'll be what happened to the Patriots? They lost to a team that got whipped by the Jets, Broncos, and Cardinals! Clearly they were just tired after an unfair schedule where they only had six days between games. The NFL NEEDS to do a better job scheduling the Patriots so they only play every other week. Otherwise Peeping Tom and his peeping team might feel some kind of fatigue towards the end of the season!

STEELtownHAVOX
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Like I said in another post, "Pursuit to be The Greatest One-Loss Team Ever"

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 03:17 PM
They'll blame it on the sore shoulder Brady has had for the past 2 seasons. :busted:

jjpro11
12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
they were tired.. they played in 2 tough games prior.. the steelers didnt beat them, the eagles and ravens did.. the weather was bad.. tom brady forgot to use a condom again.. the list goes on.

ZIGGY0246
12-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Here in the land of the patsy's the media will slant it towards the pats having a bad game or being beat up from the pervious 2 games . the sports radio all day long has been so anti steelrs more so than any other game.

as a side note if the pats lose my cousin whom i going with tells me i need to find a ride

why? beacuse he knows the crap he's been giving me all season will come back 10 fold to him

so i say GO STEELERS AND TAKE NO PRISONERS

The_WARDen
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
they'll blame it on the camcorder not working.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2007, 05:19 PM
They'll blame it on the sore shoulder Brady has had for the past 2 seasons. :busted:

Seems logical.

FastWillieParker39
12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
They'll make soooo many excuses and give the Steelers no credit whatsoever

revefsreleets
12-07-2007, 06:11 PM
This would have been a great poll. Tony should be the one to dream up the possible answers. Something like:

Why did the Patriots lose to the Steelers?

A) Global Warming
B) President Bush
C) The Illuminati
D) The Steelers cheated

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 06:38 PM
If the Patriots lose, it won't be because of them playing three night games in a row.
It won't be because the Refs or the NFL want the Patriots to lose.
It will simply be that the Steelers made more plays than the Patriots on that day.

The Patriots will still be in the driver's seat in regards to the playoffs, and then we can dispel with all this undefeated season nonsense (and let Shula abuse his septuagenarian liver, for all I care).

I want another ring. Not a 16-0 season.

PatsFan2003
12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
It depends on how they lose. If they get blown out, it will definitely be a story on the collapse of the Patriots. If they lose to the Steelers in a well played and competitive game, the Steelers will get their due.

Hines0wnz
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
It depends on how they lose. If they get blown out, it will definitely be a story on the collapse of the Patriots. If they lose to the Steelers in a well played and competitive game, the Steelers will get their due.

We all know how the media works. It will be more about how the Patsies lost instead of how the Steelers won. :blah:

PatsFan2003
12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
We all know how the media works. It will be more about how the Patsies lost instead of how the Steelers won. :blah:

Probably but if it's an epic battle, the Steelers will more likely be recognized then if the Pats are blown out.

The Duke
12-07-2007, 09:44 PM
willie parker's fault :hunch:

Big D
12-08-2007, 06:56 AM

I think they will blame it on the menstral cramps brady has been having all week

steelersalaska
12-08-2007, 07:48 AM
When the pats lose it will be because the aura of Lambert is still in them. Knock'm down football. AND..... Ben will be Ben....

just a fan...

steelpride12
12-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Ok if the Pats lose:
1.Party all over Pittsburgh!
2.Media will still consider Pats the best and still give them the edge for superbowl.
3.Ill be the happiest man alive
4.We still will be overlooked and considered underdogs like always!

PatsFan2003
12-08-2007, 04:21 PM
PatsFan2003..

Nice to have a patriot fan in here that has more then two brain cells to rub together and can communicate with the rest of us.

"hehehe" Well I hope to sound a lot smarter After A Patriot Win!!! :cheers:

I honestly don't know what to expect. The Steelers look good but then how do they lose to the Jets?? Was it the streak, the weather or the opposition that made the Pats suddenly look mortal? I do think it should be a very good game. I don't think a B+ effort is going to win it by either side.

(And I glad this is in the regular season and not the playoffs)

crew1954
12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm sorry.... but isn't that an oxymoron? :hunch:

No chemically it would be an OXY2MORON

crew1954
12-08-2007, 07:21 PM
No question, it'll be what happened to the Patriots? They lost to a team that got whipped by the Jets, Broncos, and Cardinals! Clearly they were just tired after an unfair schedule where they only had six days between games. The NFL NEEDS to do a better job scheduling the Patriots so they only play every other week. Otherwise Peeping Tom and his peeping team might feel some kind of fatigue towards the end of the season!

As a fan of a historically winning team, you should hope the NFL stops this 'showcase' nonsense . Next year it could be the Steelers and THEIR fans ( that would be you) being put out so the NFL can make a few more $$$.

No team should have to play 6 night games, 3 of which are rescheduled during the season. If the Pats win this week, expect the NFl to break their own 6 games max rule and put the Pats on at night every week.

Don't kid yourself that the Rooney's wouldn't do that. The whole league is milking this thing.

My wife is a school teacher and we had to miss a long planned for Pats game because it got flexed from 1 pm until 8 pm. With the late start, the traffic and the drive home, we would not have been back home until 4-5 am.

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Don't kid yourself that the Rooney's wouldn't do that. The whole league is milking this thing.

They'll never admit that.
They - like the rest of the leagues fans - are on a self-righteous kick.

HometownGal
12-08-2007, 07:37 PM
PatsFan2003..

Nice to have a patriot fan in here that has more then two brain cells to rub together and can communicate with the rest of us.

Agreed. :thumbsup: He also is pretty respectful in his posts. :cheers:

They'll never admit that.
They - like the rest of the leagues fans - are on a self-righteous kick.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mfl/lowres/mfln130l.jpg

SteelDogFan
12-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Steelers got lucky in the end or that Pats did not play up to their potential. There will be no The Steelers took it to the Pats at home.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Ok if the Pats lose:
1.Party all over Pittsburgh!
2.Media will still consider Pats the best and still give them the edge for superbowl.
3.Ill be the happiest man alive
4.We still will be overlooked and considered underdogs like always!

Hmmmmmmm, yep sounds good!

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
if they lose they will break out the duckboats and ride on the river of tears flowing through boston.

the players will shake it off and say thats not the main goal anyways. the fans will contend they were still the greatest team of all professional sports. :rolleyes:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Hmmmmmmm, yep sounds good!

How about: No excuses from either team or fan base.

How refreshing would that be? Both are good teams, let them play and the best team (today) will win. Not the luckiest or the one that the refs 'favored, or...

How about we enjoy the game for what it is, entertainment, and what the players, coaches, refs, et al are, entertainers.

Let the the other teams and their fans, the Ravens, Colts, San Diego and whichever team can't get over their loses to the Steelers complain.

we have to put up with the media making stories where there are none ( running up the score, trapping some kid into a 'guarantee').

How about we rise above that!

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
How about: No excuses from either team or fan base.

How refreshing would that be? Both are good teams, let them play and the best team (today) will win. Not the luckiest or the one that ther refs 'favored, or...

How about we enjoy the game for what it is, entertainment, and what the players, coaches, refs, et al are, entertainers.

Let the the other teams and their fans, the Ravens, Colts, San Diego and whichever team can't get over their loses to the Steelers complain.

we have to put up with the media making stories where there are none ( running up the score, trapping some kid into a 'guarantee').

How about we rise above that!sounds nice but its easier said than done. it gets to the point where 1 teams fanbase cant even talk about a loss or discuss what went wrong without being accused of being whiners or sore losers.

if the pats lose i will discuss what went wrong and the same with the steelers. luck will always come in a big win. but like the case of troy brown or keving faulk causing potentially game saving turnovers, most of the time luck is a residue of preparation.

and we already know the patriots will get the advantageous calls from the refs. the 1 thing they have been instructed to do is not cheat, but make sure they err on the side of caution and give the patriots the benefit of the doubt on all calls. they dont wanna be the cause of ending the street on bad calls and the refs can always reveiw under the hood.

like our las matchup vs. the colts, i think this is just some more adversity the steelers will have to overcome to win. typical day. :cheers:

crew1954
12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
sounds nice but its easier said than done. it gets to the point where 1 teams fanbase cant even talk about a loss or discuss what went wrong without being accused of being whiners or sore losers.

if the pats lose i will discuss what went wrong and the same with the steelers. luck will always come in a big win. but like the case of troy brown or keving faulk causing potentially game saving turnovers, most of the time luck is a residue of preparation.

and we already know the patriots will get the advantageous calls from the refs. the 1 thing they have been instructed to do is not cheat, but make sure they err on the side of caution and give the patriots the benefit of the doubt on all calls. they dont wanna be the cause of ending the street on bad calls and the refs can always reveiw under the hood.

like our las matchup vs. the colts, i think this is just some more adversity the steelers will have to overcome to win. typical day. :cheers:

I have seen some bad calls on the Steelers, but don't recall any in game vs. the Pats ( and I mean either way-certainly not of the game changing variety).

Maybe this year is different, but recently it always appeared that the Colts got the calls vs. everyone. Polumalo's interception, the bogus PI calls against the Pats in last years AFCCG ( and those were bogus, the NFL sent Hobbs a letter apologizing).

I can see why marketing wise, the NFL doesn't want to have the Pats lose on a bad or questionable call.

Hard to emphasize something like that to the refs and not put them in a funny situation.

Still the Pats used to create their own luck. Having the Colts down by 20+ in the 4th, as they did in the playoffs a few times over the years, negates the phantom calls and the need for the calls.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I have seen some bad calls on the Steelers, but don't recall any in game vs. the Pats ( and I mean either way-certainly not of the game changing variety).

Maybe this year is different, but recently it always appeared that the Colts got the calls vs. everyone. Polumalo's interception, the bogus PI calls against the Pats in last years AFCCG ( and those were bogus, the NFL sent Hobbs a letter apologizing).

I can see why marketing wise, the NFL doesn't want to have the Pats lose on a bad or questionable call.

Hard to emphasize something like that to the refs and not put them in a funny situation.

Still the Pats used to create their own luck. Having the Colts down by 20+ in the 4th, as they did in the playoffs a few times over the years, negates the phantom calls and the need for the calls.specifically i can remember 2 bad calls vs steelers in 01 and 1 against the pats. in all i thought that game was poorly officiated but ultimately had no affect on the outcome.

but what im really talking about is the potential for judgement calls favoring a certain team.

for instance, marion barber just spiked the ball out of bounds and it bounced up in a lions face. it was the last minute in the half and dallas was driving to cut down a 20-7 deficit. no flag though, even though that specifically has been ordered to be called a penalty.

i guarantee you if a steeler spikes a ball on the sideline in under the same circumstances and it bounces up into a patriot players face, they will get a delay of game penalty at minimum, and most likely a personal foul for taunting.

i would prefer some consistancy and not giving "americas teams" the benefit of the doubt 100% of the time.