PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Weather

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Calling for sleet, and freezing rain. Highs in the upper 20's. Damn I'm going to be wet, and cold!

TheManOfSteel
12-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Good should play in our favor!

GBMelBlount
12-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Calling for sleet, and freezing rain. Highs in the upper 20's. Damn I'm going to be wet, and cold!

Enjoy the game! Are you tailgaiting w/ any Steeler fans? :tt02:

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 08:48 PM
A Cape Cod Steeler fan?
You must catch some hell, in your neck of the woods.

I certainly hope for your sake, that Rt. 6 isn't a glazed demo-derby.

revefsreleets
12-07-2007, 08:50 PM
If this is true, we'll win. But that gives the media and the Boston fans their "out". They would never lose to the Steelers but for the weather.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Enjoy the game! Are you tailgaiting w/ any Steeler fans? :tt02:Just my buddy and I, but I'm sure we'll find some fellow Steeler fans there. Had no problem finding them when I was there last time in 97.:tt02:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2007, 08:55 PM
A Cape Cod Steeler fan?
You must catch some hell, in your neck of the woods.

I certainly hope for your sake, that Rt. 6 isn't a glazed demo-derby.Well I'm a teacher,so yeah I catch a lot of 'hell". I hope I don't have to do any push ups, or wear any Patsy's' jerseys come Mon. morning!

ZIGGY0246
12-07-2007, 09:06 PM
greay weather for smash mouth football , which is not the pats style

I will be there with a cousin who is a part's fan poor boy was born in 1980 and only knew them as winners not the 70's loosers i grew up with
been a steeler fan since the early 70's and boy do i take a bunch of crap from my family

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 09:13 PM
If this is true, we'll win. But that gives the media and the Boston fans their "out". They would never lose to the Steelers but for the weather.

I think you must have us confused with the Colts.

Neither the Patriots, nor their fans make excuses for losses.

Steel Warrior
12-07-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure where you got that forecast, but everything I've checked shows partly cloudy and a high of about 35 for Foxboro. I'm in Albany, NY, about 1-1/2 hours due west. There's no precip in the forecast here until Sun night, and MA gets it several hours later after we do.
:smoker:

HometownGal
12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
This is the forecast I got from weather.com for Sunday in Foxboro:

Sunday: Sunshine early then becoming cloudy later in the day. A few flurries possible late. High 33F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday (24 hours): Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Even if the forecast does change to rain and sleet, I'd call it a draw on who has the advantage. It's not like the Cheatriots aren't used to playing in bad elements.

Danny Boy?
12-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Heres a Cape Cod Steeler fan in action..some real gangsta shite:

Damn! I cant post links yet!...someone help me out...go to youtube and type in "tea partay" or "New England Gangsta"....and bingo! You got yourself a Cape Cod Steeler fan!

Steel Warrior
12-07-2007, 09:26 PM

Even if the forecast does change to rain and sleet, I'd call it a draw on who has the advantage. It's not like the Cheatriots aren't used to playing in bad elements.

It won't change to rain or sleet, there's no system coming across to produce that kind of mostiure until Sunday night. Trust me , it's part of what I do.

:smoker:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Heres a Cape Cod Steeler fan in action..some real gangsta shite:

Damn! I cant post links yet!...someone help me out...go to youtube and type in "tea partay" or "New England Gangsta"....and bingo! You got yourself a Cape Cod Steeler fan!That's some funny sh!t :cheers:

Danny Boy?
12-07-2007, 09:36 PM
That's some funny sh!t :cheers:

Isnt it hysterical? Could you post the link for everyone?

revefsreleets
12-07-2007, 10:11 PM
I think you must have us confused with the Colts.

Neither the Patriots, nor their fans make excuses for losses.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

That's the funniest thing ever posted on this board.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2007, 11:27 PM

It sure would be an even match up. The best way probably tell who has any sort of an advantage EARLY in the game, is probably who scores first. But hey, it's not like we haven't been playing in bad weather for last 2 weeks going on 3.

Snerdly
12-07-2007, 11:36 PM
It sure would be an even match up. The best way probably tell who has any sort of an advantage EARLY in the game, is probably who scores first. But hey, it's not like we haven't been playing in bad weather for last 2 weeks going on 3.

As an aside...
Has the NFL demanded that the Steeler organization install field turf, after the embarrassment that was the Phins game?

If not, why not? Maybe the NFL only has ears for Colt whinnies?

Borski
12-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Isnt it hysterical? Could you post the link for everyone?

PTU2He2BIc0

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Borski
12-07-2007, 11:57 PM
As an aside...
Has the NFL demanded that the Steeler organization install field turf, after the embarrassment that was the Phins game?

If not, why not? Maybe the NFL only has ears for Colt whinnies?

it was a freak of nature, if it didn't rain it would have been fine.

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 12:03 AM
it was a freak of nature, if it didn't rain it would have been fine.

Winter in Foxborough is Nature getting her freak on too...
I don't see the difference really.

Except of course, you were playing an 0-10 team, and not the whinnying Colts.

Borski
12-08-2007, 12:07 AM

Except of course, you were playing an 0-10 team, and not the whinnying Colts.

I'd like to see the Pats score 3 points on a JV highschool team in that weather. besides, a win is a win.

and it wasnt just the weather, it was the fact it rained on newly laid sod that wasnt able to drain.

tony hipchest
12-08-2007, 12:13 AM
.so how do you feel about randy "hamstring" moss playing in his 1st cold weather game?

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 12:18 AM
so how do you feel about randy "hamstring" moss playing in his 1st cold weather game?

Well he had a drop in the endzone, but he also had a TD.

Being a well informed Steeler fan, you are obviously aware that it was snowing, and windy as hell in Baltimore, so of course I assume you meant how DID I feel about randy moss playing in his 1st cold weather game.

Aussie_steeler
12-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Employees Suck Patriot Nob ran a story that Brady is 30+ wins and 2 losses when the weather drops below 40 so they were instantly handing the game to them. Then one of the newer readers( who mustnt be as proficient at gobbling patriot nob as some of the others) said " I would like to see big bens record for games below 40, I think it would be pretty good" There was no reply.

His future is seems limited if he is going to not follow the company policy. It was good to see an honest opinion for once.

(Mark Sclereth as picked the steelers to win 31-24. These two acts alone could constitute a mutiny)

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Employees Suck Patriot Nob

Wait... that can't be right.
According to the Steeler-cult, the Patriots are universally loathed and abhorred.

risnuff
12-08-2007, 12:51 AM
According to the Steeler-cult, the Patriots are universally loathed and abhorred.

Not by the media.

tony hipchest
12-08-2007, 12:59 AM
According to the Steeler-cult, the Patriots are universally loathed and abhorred. you do know where espn is hq'd right?

new england is off on their own planet, with their low top black nikes, waiting for father belichick to lead them to the comet hale-bop.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Doesn't ESPN know that Big Ben has only lost 2 December Starts?

Galax Steeler
12-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Doesn't ESPN know that Big Ben has only lost 2 December Starts?

:thumbsup:

chris66
12-08-2007, 11:58 AM
forecast has changed . now they are saying game time cloudy with a 3mph wind its not suppose to rain/snow till after the game

Infamix
12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
what a big weather thread...it is important though

HometownGal
12-08-2007, 01:27 PM
forecast has changed . now they are saying game time cloudy with a 3mph wind its not suppose to rain/snow till after the game

Thanks for the update Chris.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I really don't care if the weather is bad.....The Steelers have shown they can play in the worst of conditions this year and the Pats will be able to also....But I really hope the weather is decent......Would be nice for Ben to throw a non wet football for a change even though he is a efficient bad weather QB......

steelpride12
12-08-2007, 01:38 PM
i don't want bad weather so if we win they make excuses i just wanna go in kick some ass prove were a high powered team and get for the Jags!

wadester47
12-08-2007, 03:08 PM
oh well,
i tailgatedin pittsburgh last weekend and I loved it!!!!!!!!! kidding- those sissy's can't deal.

go stillers

SteelersFever
12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Considering two of the last three games were in bad conditions I am hoping to see a clear sky for the sake of the Steelers.

PantsB
12-08-2007, 09:58 PM
The weather report now calls for wintry mix around 6pm, with a temperature right around freezing. Pretty standard December weather around here. I don't think you can count on it stopping Brady considering he is 14-2 career at home in December/January (plus 7-0 in home playoff games in Jan).

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 12:26 AM
The weather report now calls for wintry mix around 6pm, with a temperature right around freezing. Pretty standard December weather around here. I don't think you can count on it stopping Brady considering he is 14-2 career at home in December/January (plus 7-0 in home playoff games in Jan).

Yeah well, all trends sometimes have to come to an end.

PatsFan2003
12-09-2007, 12:53 AM
The weather won't stop the Patriots but it does help the defense.

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 08:35 AM
The weather won't stop the Patriots but it does help the defense.

The weather won't stop the Steelers O either. Our boys are used to playing in winter elements. Pittsburgh in December is much like Foxboro in December only you guys get more snow up there.