PDA

View Full Version : William Jefferson Belichick

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-08-2007, 06:49 AM
The relevancy of Bill Belichick took an awkward turn at the beginning fo this season with "spygate". A sidenote coach who was at least partially admired, and somewhat relevant for his ability to put a game into the hands of Adam Vinitari, his legacy has became one of powderpuff news stories in which the media would convince us that he is both a "genious" and a "cheater"...."misunderstood" and "found out". The depth in which we are buried under the avalanche of news stories about the Patriots and Belichick are usually reserved for such hard hitting stories as Paris Hiltons jail term.

Compare Belichick, if you would, to Bill Clinton. When Former president Bill Clinton was president, like him or not, he was occasionally relevant (not due to anything he actually did, but his title). He is now a private citizen. Given his need to publicly express his opinion on everything, he became relevant about nothing. Bill Clinton was a master political strategist, but that is tactics. That is not policy. I personally dont wont to hear his opinion on policy.

Bill Belichick is the head coach and master strategist of the New England Patriots, but he is relevant during the sports section of the news, not the entire broadcast.

Just as we had to listen to the endless debates and excuses about monica-gate, we now have to listen to apologists in regards to spygate...with the same old tired line of ..."everyone does it, He just got caught."

Just as Bill Clintons legacy will always have the asterick "*impeached" attached to it, the legacy of Belichick will always be one of "*cheated"

Come to think of it, the down fall of both men was an arrogance...a egotistical pride in assuming that they were "above it all". Two Colonel Jessups (from A Few Good Men)..who couldnt believe that any one had the audacity to guestion anything they did.

Both are cheaters. One failed to follow the law of the land when he lied during a grand jury testimony, the other failed to follow the rules of the league and even more importantly ... the basic precepts of good sportmanship.

Both were found out and dealt with by the one authority that they couldnt manipulate or overrule. The first by the House of Representatives , the second by the Commisioner of the NFL. By these Authorities being the ones who stamped their dissaproval on their actions, it took away the wiggle room, the damage control, that had always been theirs to use and to control.

Just as Bill Clinton tried desperataly after his impeachment to find some issue that he could hang his legacy and reputation on, We now see Belichick desperataly needing this Superbowl to add to his legacy and diminish "the asterick".

The retreading of stories about "The greatest team in History" and "The Patriots Dynasty", makes Belichick no more relevant than that of Clinton.

The asterick is permanant.

GBMelBlount
12-08-2007, 09:31 PM
The retreading of stories about "The greatest team in History" and "The Patriots Dynasty", makes Belichick

....It makes him an arrogant ass. They go 16-0 & win the superbowl, then we'll talk.

Godfather
12-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Is his middle name really Jefferson??

A better analogy would be Bill Jefferson, the congressman who got caught on tape taking a bribe and then the FBI found the cash in his freezer.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Is his middle name really Jefferson??

A better analogy would be Bill Jefferson, the congressman who got caught on tape taking a bribe and then the FBI found the cash in his freezer.

:sofunny:NO..just making the comparison to Bill Clinton.

...and GBMelBlount, you are right on the money....they have been put into the situation in which anything short of a Superbowl victory makes them a dissapointment and another asterick on the season.

LambertIsGod58
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I was a Belichick fan before the spygate deal....now he's nothing but a cheat in my mind. And his lack of personality doesn't help.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I was a Belichick fan before the spygate deal....now he's nothing but a cheat in my mind. And his lack of personality doesn't help.

You and are on the same boat. I've lost all respect for him.

steelerbackr4life
12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
You and are on the same boat. I've lost all respect for him.

I echo those same thoughts. I was impressed but after they got caught cheating there is forever going to be that question hanging over everything they do or have done.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
You respected a guy who resigned after one day as head coach of the Jets?

Wow.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-11-2007, 09:06 AM
I never had any respect for him.
I didn't like the p*ssy when he was coach of the Brownies.
I can't stand even the sight of him now.
Someone should swerve off the field and take him out at the knees!
(am I allowed to say that in the locker room?? Oh well.)

I agree Lloyd....What do you say you and I take Belichick and Collinsworth on in a back alley Deathmatch!!!! Anyone know how to get splatters of "arrogance" out of your clothes?

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/banner1209.jpg