PDA

View Full Version : If we lose tommorrow....

FastWillieParker39
12-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Never want to go into the game with that mindset and trust me, you have no idea how badly I want us to beat the living snot out of the Patriots.

But if we do lose, even badly, please don't come on here and say "OMG WE SUCK SO FREAKIN BADLY" and on and on and on. For one it's annoying and two we don't suck. It just means we just got beat by a better team (might be the best team ever).

Remember we're still a pretty damn good football team that will win the division which is something that no one outside the Steeler nation expected (even most Steeler fans didn't expect it).

Just wanting to get this out there so if we lose tommorrow, that we don't freak out like always.

With that said, LETS KICK SOME PATRIOT ASS!!!!:tt02:

Preacher
12-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Never want to go into the game with that mindset and trust me, you have no idea how badly I want us to beat the living snot out of the Patriots.

But if we do lose, even badly, please don't come on here and say "OMG WE SUCK SO FREAKIN BADLY" and on and on and on. For one it's annoying and two we don't suck. It just means we just got beat by a better team (might be the best team ever).

Remember we're still a pretty damn good football team that will win the division which is something that no one outside the Steeler nation expected (even most Steeler fans didn't expect it).

Just wanting to get this out there so if we lose tommorrow, that we don't freak out like always.

With that said, LETS KICK SOME PATRIOT ASS!!!!:tt02:

Um... as much as I agree.... You do realize you're trying to stop a tidal wave with a napkin right?

FastWillieParker39
12-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Um... as much as I agree.... You do realize you're trying to stop a tidal wave with a napkin right?

Yea I know. I understand criticism of the team and being pissed at the team but some people get annoying by spouting off "we suck" and "Tomlin's a loser!". It's just annoying and not neccesary.

stillers4me
12-08-2007, 08:53 PM

Truer words were never spoken...... :sofunny:

And remember........it's not a playoff game, the season isn't over, we'll still win the division and have a playoff spot. It's merely a practice game before the Pats/Steelers game that really counts. If I recall correctly, the Colts beat us up in the regular season, and we went on to beat the snot out of them in the playoffs. And then you know the rest of the story. :cheers:

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
What's this?
A chink in the Steeler bravado?

PantsB
12-08-2007, 09:02 PM
I think my fellow Patriots fans would appreciate focusing on the possible playoff match up instead of going off on secondary issues. Remember it doesn't matter if BB gives a short handshake, whether or not the margin of victory is large or whatever the new complaint will be.
we went on to beat the snot out of them in the playoffs. And then you know the rest of the story. :cheers:
Thats one way to describe it.

The Duke
12-08-2007, 09:03 PM
If we lose you'll probably see all those bad and stupid comments we saw after the cards broncos and jets losses, that sadly is the nature of some fans

ZIGGY0246
12-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree that some folks on this forum go from one extreme to another and think that the world is going to end when we lose a single game. there is a reason that they play 16 regular season games in the NFL.

We ran the table the end of the 2005 season to get the last wilcard spot and the rest is history.though I would love nothing better than to beat the patsy's in foxboro tommorow,mainly beacuse my family will be unmercifull , we most likely will have a rematch withthem in the playoff's and that game is the one that really counts. that win would most likely mean a tripto the super bowl for a shot at the other thumb's ring

As to stopping the tidal wave it's more like a tsunami with a beverage napkin

19ward86
12-08-2007, 09:54 PM
instead of saying we suck say what went wrong and how you think we can fix it, sound good?

Snerdly
12-08-2007, 09:58 PM
If the Steelers lose tomorrow by less than a touchdown, I don't want to hear you squealers squawking about 'moral victories'.

If my Pats lose, I'll be here to congratulate you... no strings attached.
You won't hear me whining about ref calls, or short weeks or diddly-squat.

I wonder... if the Steelers lose, can I expect the same?
Or will it be Raven Redux?

geo123
12-08-2007, 10:00 PM
We're all fans, and we love and support our team. If they play a good game and come up short thats one thing; if they play like they played against the Jets or get blown out then we're going to break them down.
It doesn't mean they suck or we hate them. We'll all be fustrated and disappointed, but after a day or two we'll be back getting ready for the next match-up.

AFC
12-08-2007, 10:01 PM
It's passion. :tt02:

But I agree, though. We would be losing to a fantastic team. We'll live, even if we get the L... (yeah, I'm preparing myself, since I'm Swedish and naturally pessimistic). :thumbsup:

But, damn, I'm really looking forward to this one!

ohiosteelerfan20
12-09-2007, 03:28 AM
Also, if things go bad today, how about no 'Arians doesnt know what he is doing' posts. But I know some of you just cant help yourselves. Maybe the Mods can put all those posts together so it will we be easier for me to laugh at them.

Galax Steeler
12-09-2007, 06:20 AM
I just want a good physical game and may the best team win.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:26 AM
If we lose you'll probably see all those bad and stupid comments we saw after the cards broncos and jets losses, that sadly is the nature of some fans

I hope not - I expected the Steelers to win the Broncos and Jets games & was upset about the focus in both games. I also thought that Whiz was in Ben's head going into the Arizona game & fired shots at Ben not staying focused all week.

OTOH I expect a double digit loss today and will not be flaming away when it happens - I know it has become fashionable for some to claim Carter is an upgrade over Troy, but Troy's absence today is huge (I watched the end of the September 2005 Steelers-Pats game on NFL Network last night & was reminded what a force Troy is when healthy).. In addition, if Mangini could scheme the offense into knots I assume Belichick will do the same. We do not suck, but this team is not at full strength - hopefully that will change if these teams meet again in 5 or 6 weeks.

.In the spirit of holiday cheer, I also promise to make no post-game observations about whether Smith and Carter would prefer their cups of STFU hot or over ice.

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 07:42 AM

Don't you worry - I'll be here with my :mallet:, my :m16:, my :rocket:, my :ak47: and my :pin: in the unlikely event that the Steelers lose today. I will show FWF's and boo-birds NO mercy.

Snerdly - if the Pats win, I will be here to congratulate you and your team. Probably won't be until after the game, though, as I'm not watching the game at home.

SteelDogFan
12-09-2007, 08:42 AM
This where the forms letter response comes in for those type of posters. Me thinks they hang out and text message each other while the game is on, so that (even if we win) their complaints are all in order. Then when they complain they are all in line with each other.

Big D
12-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't be heart broken if we lose todays game. This is a young team that has really overachieved this year. But I do know fan is short for fanatic.

MasterOfPuppets
12-09-2007, 10:31 AM
there's a HUGE difference between losing to teams when your the heavy favorite, than losing to a team thats the heavy favorite. last i heard the pats were - 11.

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 10:38 AM
maybe someone should go ahead and say tomlin should be fired and ben should be benched before the game just in case we lose...lol....

i am preparing myself that we will lose, so if we win i will overjoyed and not too disappointed. if we do lose at least this would be a lost to a great team unlike the other 3 losses we have occured this season to sub par teams. i dont mind losing to better teams.

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Quite honestly the Jags game is more important to us then this one. Thats the one we should really be worrying about

But with that said this is a barometer game for the Steelers. And of Course I want to see them kick some ass..but I'll be satisfied with a hard fought "violent" game from them, even if it results in a L. I just want to get some hope that we might be able to go back up there and win come playoff time. Win Lose or Draw....I want to see the Steelers sticking them hard for the entire 60 minutes...leaving them the impression of pain.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!! HERE WE GO!!!

crew1954
12-09-2007, 11:07 AM
If the Steelers lose tomorrow by less than a touchdown, I don't want to hear you squealers squawking about 'moral victories'.

If my Pats lose, I'll be here to congratulate you... no strings attached.
You won't hear me whining about ref calls, or short weeks or diddly-squat.

I wonder... if the Steelers lose, can I expect the same?
Or will it be Raven Redux?

The Steelers players used to be worse than the fans when it came to failing to admit defeat, making excuses, asking for rematches, etc.

Joey Porter, Buress, and most of the biggest whiners are gone, although not the 3x Whiner MVP, Hines Ward.

He has lost his title to LT though and after this season of some great performances by the Ravens, Redskins, Cowboys and others, he may not even finish in the top 10.

Today is his chance to reclaim his title. here's for hoping he does not. He is a player you have to admire, ( and I am a GA. Bulldog)but he has made it difficult in the past to do so!