PDA

View Full Version : Parker was much faster the super bowl year

jsteelers51191
12-08-2007, 10:20 PM
On the NFL Network, they are showing the patriots game during the super bowl year where we lost by that FG wit a sec left. But what i was observing was the fact that parker was just twice as fast and not just to the outside, but inside the tackles and it just seemed like he blazed through between the tackles. I don't know if this has to do with the o-line or his added weight, but he needs that pop back. He looked like LT bursting in between the tackles. He just seemed to explode through the hole. He doesn't have that anymore.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Added weight?........I don't think Willie has added much weight from the Super Bowl season....I think Willie has had a lingering knee injury all year that could be effecting his speed and ability....He had fluid on the knee back in training camp and that still could be nagging him....Plus it doesn't help he has the most carries in the NFL...He might be wearing down some at this point in the season...But the guy is a gamer and gives it his all and I love watching the dude play.....

FastWillieParker39
12-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Added weight?........I don't think Willie has added much weight from the Super Bowl season....I think Willie has had a lingering knee injury all year that could be effecting his speed and ability....He had fluid on the knee back in training camp and that still could be nagging him....Plus it doesn't help he has the most carries in the NFL...He might be wearing down some at this point in the season...But the guy is a gamer and gives it his all and I love watching the dude play.....

Agreed 100%

geo123
12-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes in that game he was hitting the hole and getting good yardage. He hasn't done that in the last couple of games. If he can't break the line they should hit himm with some screens.

19ward86
12-08-2007, 10:58 PM
O line, we need to make holes before he can run through them. last season willie ran for 1500 yds and now at the pace he is going at he will be at about 1300 unless sean mahan turns into demetri dawson(im young i dont know his name 100%) any time soon. our running game has been going downgill from about 170/game to about 130/game which is why we lost to the jets, and why we didnt kill the dolphins. he is just as fast he just doesnt have a supporting O line.

Infamix
12-09-2007, 03:33 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21173&highlight=willie

Haiku_Dirtt
12-09-2007, 04:14 AM

Ahhhh the Super Bowl season....

Who was blocking again? One could argue he is playing better in spite of the blocking this season. He's had a few moves this year that were absolutely mind-blowing.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Ahhhh the Super Bowl season....

Who was blocking again? One could argue he is playing better in spite of the blocking this season. He's had a few moves this year that were absolutely mind-blowing.

Never said Willie hasn't played well this year and the Oline has effected his production but the last few weeks he has looked if he doesn't have the same burst he use to have to me.....Thats why I mentioned if his knee is still bothering him and if he is starting to wear down some due to the amount of carries....I have no problems with Willie and he is a great back to me...