PDA

View Full Version : Need help with planning a surprise trip

Jenny
12-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Hi guys....

I'm planning on surprising my husband (who bleeds Steeler blood!) with a trip to see a game at Heinz Field sometime during the '08 season. We're in California and have never been back there. He will probably squeal like a girl when he sees it!

What hotels do you all recommend that are near the stadium? I'm assuming there are some nice ones within walking distance. Any other suggestions on places to go before the game like a good Steelers fan bar etc.

Thanks for your help!
Jenny

PisnNapalm
12-09-2007, 10:54 AM
+1 on Lloyd's post. I stayed there before too.

Make sure you hit the Strip and buy lots of Steelers/Pittsburgh gear. :) You can hit Primanti's for some sammitches while you're there too.

MasterOfPuppets
12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
if you really wanna suprise him....tell him your taking ME , to a game !!!...:thumbsup:

:toofunny:...joking

COSteelerfan
12-09-2007, 12:34 PM
me and my wife went to pittsburgh in 2005 and stayed at the same hotel(Renaissance Hotel). very very nice place. have extra $ for parking though. i wasnt used to that.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-09-2007, 12:56 PM
The Hilton is also within walking distance.

Jenny
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys!!

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Jenny!

What a wonderful surprise for your hubby! :cheers:

You could also stay at the Sheraton in Station Square. Very classy hotel and there are some Steelers bars right there in Station Square Shops, as well as Hooters and Filthy McNasty's across the street. The Duquesne Incline is across from the Station Square complex and it will take you up to Mt. Washington where you will see the most beautiful view of the city! Downtown Pittsburgh is right across the Smithfield Street Bridge - a 10 minute walk from the hotel. There is also a Steelers game shuttle which you board right there and the boat will take you across the river and over to Heinz Field and back for a nominal fee. Very enjoyable! :thumbsup:

I've linked info on the Sheraton below. Hope it helps and have a safe trip in!

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=693

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 04:15 PM
listen to htg. she is good with all the spots in the area. she helped me out not to long ago when i went to a game.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Also checkout Jerome's restaraunt. It's not too far from Heinz Field. It's in the Del Monte Building (I believe it's on Art Rooney Ave, it might be on Tony Dorset Drive)

GBMelBlount
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
You can also go up the incline (by station square) and eat dinner up on Mt. Washington at night. Stunning view overlooking Pittsburgh. Also, didn't Preacher & his wife stay just a few blocks from the stadium? I think they had a Jacuzzi suite.