PDA

View Full Version : Time to think about Jacksonville

BlastFurnace
12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
All is not lost guys....

The Jets aren't helping us out this week, so we wake up tomorrow still up by 1 game with the tie breaker.

Tennessee lost today as well, so we are up on them....if the WC comes into play by 2 games with 3 left to go.

As long as we get into the playoffs, everyone starts off at 0-0 and anything can happen then. It just takes one bad game to end their fairytale and ruin the plans of the NFL.

New England was going to win Home Field advantage whether we won today or not. Today's game, although would have been nice to win, didn't change the fact that anyone wanting to win the AFC would have had to go though NE.

Next week's game is much bigger than this weeks game...whether we see it today or not. A loss next week means that we could open the playoffs on the road vs at home.

Edman
12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
This game wasn't over, until the Defense decided to break down in the 2nd half. Props to the Steeler Offense. They kept fighting.

We got beat today, but we'll see them again.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Agreed we need to move on to Jax - IMO Tomlin can get the team to get focused

Coach K at Duke has a saying after a setback - "next play"

Maybe the field will be playable next week

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2007, 06:32 PM
This one hurts but its not the end of the world...it can't be if they hope to do anything more this season. The media will tear us a new one this week, but let em...we deserve it after Smith's idiotic comments this week. Maybe it'll finally wake this team up.

I still don't believe the PATs are this great all mighty team, that will never be defeated, and had it not been for ST's blunders and retarded safety play by a hot headed young kid...we would have been right in that game.

Yes they whipped us today, but we punished them on the ground and its a posiitve we can take from this clusterF***.

It won't do us any good really to dwell on this game...the Jags game is and always has been more important in the broader scope of things.

Let's just hope Tomlin can get this team focused and more worried about the Jags

steelpride12
12-09-2007, 06:32 PM
I agree and if we play a solid game like tonight we can stop there tough run game and get a very important win!
Go Steelers!

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Minus the 3rd quarter, we're in that game

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Minus the 3rd quarter, we're in that game

And other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?:smile:

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
lol, we did get our ass beat in the second half. we match up so much better against jax than ne, im not worried as long as the real steelers show up. if the other guys show up who knows we could lose just like the jets.

revefsreleets
12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Next weeks game is a lot more important than todays. We MUST win AT HOME against the Jaguars next week. It wouldn't hurt to beat the Rams and Ravens over the following 2 weeks as well.

12-4 is in our sights, and 12-4 is a damn good season. We can seek revenge in the playoffs.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Next weeks game is a lot more important than todays. We MUST win AT HOME against the Jaguars next week. It wouldn't hurt to beat the Rams and Ravens over the following 2 weeks as well.

12-4 is in our sights, and 12-4 is a damn good season. We can seek revenge in the playoffs.

A voice of reason

justbnsd
12-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Still won't be any game plan!

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 07:52 PM
And other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?:smile:

Calm down slick willie clinton. :flap:

revefsreleets
12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Still won't be any game plan!

If only the Steelers front office had the benefit of your perfect 20/20 hindsight, they could have reached back into the past and called the perfect game plan.

Please.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Calm down slick willie clinton. :flap:

I thought Atlanta Dan's comment was pretty funny!

Steeler in Carolina
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Put this game behind us and focus on Jacksonville.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I thought Atlanta Dan's comment was pretty funny!

What? Making Abe Lincoln references about me?:sofunny:

steelpride12
12-09-2007, 09:34 PM
People are so confident about the rest of the season, but if you look at the stretch we better play our hearts out like we did tonight in the first half.
Next week is so so important we win against a tough physical running team(alot like us) with a suprising good QB
Plus Ravens who if healthy will want revenge!
But i say 11-5 or 12-4 at best is what were looking at!

jjpro11
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
People are so confident about the rest of the season, but if you look at the stretch we better play our hearts out like we did tonight in the first half.
Next week is so so important we win against a tough physical running team(alot like us) with a suprising good QB
Plus Ravens who if healthy will want revenge!
But i say 11-5 or 12-4 at best is what were looking at!

the chargers and browns are only a game back in the win column. i want to hold onto the 3rd seed.. i want to win these next 2 games so we can possibly rest our starters for the baltimore game.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-09-2007, 11:26 PM
We essentially have a two game lead over Cleveland since we are up by a game and hold the tiebreaker.

I think Tomlin & Co. can get focused on the Jaguars. We can beat them.

It looks to me like we will begin the playoffs hosting Cleveland in the Wild Card round.

All we need to do is win two games or win and have Cleveland lose to clinch the division.

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I'll be at the game, flying out from San Diego later this week.

geo123
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
The team better get serious quick or it's going to get ugly. Sure we match up better against Jacksonville than NE; don't most teams. Jacksonville is playing good ball They are 9-4 as well, and 2 losses come against IND. In there last 3 games they scored 36-25(in a loss to IND.)and -37 . They always play us tough.
If the team is serious about winning they are going to have to put points on the board. I don't care who you are or who you play, if your offense can't score more than17 pt. your going to have a hard time winning!

chrismartin99
12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Jacksonville is always a rough game for us, don't look for it to be pretty, even if we do win.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Stuff the run first. Play sound offense, with an efficient passing game and control the ball and keep the ball out of jacksonville's time killing offense.

Coverage on all Kicks!

Play hard, get the win, get into the 2nd season. This is a must win for the Steelers. If they take that approach, they should respond nicely.

Steeldude
12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
first thing that tomlin needs to do is "play to win instead of playing not to lose". no more of the "setting up the punt" on 3rd and long. go for the 1st down.

revefsreleets
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I'll say this about the Jacksonville game: The Steelers will not be complacent. Had they beaten the Pats yesterday, there might have been a bit of head ballooning, but that surely won't be the case. We got our asses whooped in the second half, and that will leave a bad taste in their mouths. I think they'll play with a chip on their shoulder and take all their frustrations out on the Jags next week.

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Steelers open as 4 & 1/2 point favorites, which sounds about right.

The Duke
12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Willie is a bust against good defenses and Jags got a good one. We will have to win this one in the air. Thier runnign game will be tough, but we shoudl stop taht just enough and while they are putting up numbers I don't think the likes of Dennis Northcutt or Reggie Williams scare Ike or anyone else much.

3 career games Att Yds Game Avg Att Avg
vs Jacksonville 33 87 29 2.6

Their running game is not that scary unless the run D breaks down like against the jets. but their running backs, especially maurice jones drew, is a threat on the passing game and I think that's where he'll be more used. our secondary should be able to stop their receivers, but jones drew can't be left unnoticed at any time

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Their running game is not that scary unless the run D breaks down like against the jets. but their running backs, especially maurice jones drew, is a threat on the passing game and I think that's where he'll be more used. our secondary should be able to stop their receivers, but jones drew can't be left unnoticed at any time

BIG TIME! Jones drew led all rookies with 16 TD's last year. He's a heck of an offensive weapon. infact, i think he scored over 70 TDS in one season with UCLA.

Borski
12-10-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm sorry... I usually feel pretty confident about upcoming games, but I have a real bad feeling about this one... It could be that I have a few Jags friends and I am worried about them winning this game... I don't know. I also know that we just lost to a very good team, regardless if they are cheaters or not. Can somebody please just make be feel better about this game? sorry for being a pessimist...I'm not usually...

Galax Steeler
12-11-2007, 04:03 AM
The jags is not a bad football team we just need to play hard steeler football and we should come out with a victory.

Steel Pit
12-11-2007, 05:46 AM
This will most-likely be a typical Steelers Jaguars game, DRAMA to the last second of the game. I hope that the ball bounces our way in the end.

geo123
12-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Sorry, can't help you. Until the offense commits to scoring some real points it's giong to be rough.

SteelersJW
12-11-2007, 08:03 AM
SHUT DOWN RUNNING GAME

RP_McMurphy
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Injury update from Jacksonville- Mike Peterson (Broken Hand) and Reggie Hayward (Groin Injury) are already listed as out against Pittsburgh. Marcus Stroud (ankle) and Rashean Matthias (hamstring) if they play are a bit banged right now.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Ed.B. of the P-G said in his online chat today (no link yet) that Jax will be the second toughest game of the year (and we know how the toughest game went 2 days ago).