PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith

R2sojr
12-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I love how he runs his mouth and then gets beat for 3TDs...yeah he makes a couple plays but he needs to sit down and watch some film on how to really play defence...all i have to say is that this game is an embaressment and maybe Anthony needs to be running all week during practice...And why doesnt Tomlin say something to these players, he just stands there doing absolutely nothing.:banging::banging::banging::banging::bangi ng::banging::banging::banging::

meelanova
12-09-2007, 07:01 PM
lol @ the Patriots numbers. They attempted 45 passes and only 7 rushes so far.

R2sojr
12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
ha well would you run if you could pass all day on our defence...i wouldnt

BlastFurnace
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Let's just hope that Anthony learned a valuable lesson or two today.

Edman
12-09-2007, 07:16 PM
A hard lesson learnt for Mr. Smith, hopefully.

meelanova
12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
the Pats would still probably come out passing though, regardless of who was in our secondary.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 07:19 PM
anyone who thinks the bungles wr's are better than the patriots wr's is pretty much dumb as dirt.

the bungles suck

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Amen to that.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:24 PM

If he gets defiant in the post-game questioning I give up - vets and coaches need to cool him off before the grilling starts - I thought the Steelers would lose but i did not imagine Smith would personally be responsible for two long TDs by blatantly blown coverages

Maybe Troy can teach him some tact.

steelpride12
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Well Smith needs to learn to shut his mouth so he is not embarassed at the end of the game when the score is 34-13!
He can't back it up and is not even recongnized as a good safety i don't get it!

SteelersMongol
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
A hard lesson learnt for Mr. Smith, hopefully.

Agreed. I'm sure the kid learned few things. But it's not Smith's fault. We just weren't there yet all the way. But I'm not too worried about this loss. And it's not the playoffs so it's gonna b the season when we lost 2 the Colts & Bungles but beat the shit out of them in the playoffs. LOL. :coffee:

And F*CK the Pats. :tt02:

BTW, my dreaming sucks. I had a dream that we were beating the Cheatiots by 1 point. :computer:

Godfather
12-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Smith also committed a late hit he was lucky to get away with. He does something stupid like that at least once a game.

Sooner or later he's going to cost the Steelers a win.

The Duke
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Really disappointed in Anthony today, but hey, it's one game, just get better at the next game and don't open your mouth

OneForTheToe
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
As tonyhipchest said we really niss Ryan Clark

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
. I'm sure the kid learned few things. But it's not Smith's fault. :

Agreed it is not Smith's fault alone, but 2 blown coverages = 14 points, so he definitely has a big share of the fault.

19ward86
12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
smith has never been good in pass defense he is a checkdown and runstopper which we already have one and his name is troy. watching film wont make him better he plays the role of a LB so yeah... we lost, o well, lets see how amazing Tom is without randy next year, there is no way they can afford to resign him.

louisvillecards
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
He should have been benched in the first quarter.If not the whole game.

aburdell
12-09-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't understand it. You are facing the greatest passing attack in the history of the league and a team that doesn't run the ball at all. Why is he falling for a play fake. Our D-line and linebackers are good enough against the run that safeties shouldn't have to help them out. Just sit back and deflect deep passes and knock out recievers cuz thats all he can do.

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok...I know I'm really pissed off about the way our STEELERS played...I can honeslty say I am not a Anthony Smith fan...I will not be buying his jersey at FANZ... he let his big F uk en mouth do the takin and let his dumb ass do the walkin....I can't stand players like that... I wish this one time I could cut a player from the net..... it would be him... go to the Cowboys w/ TO and talk Anthony ; its not a part of STEELERS smash mouth football until you have proven your reputation and ability...

Anthony Smith really makes me sick right now !!!

GO STEELERS ...I love all you guys...just not #27 !!!!!!!!!

steveironcity
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
smith has never been good in pass defense he is a checkdown and runstopper which we already have one and his name is troy. watching film wont make him better he plays the role of a LB so yeah... we lost, o well, lets see how amazing Tom is without randy next year, there is no way they can afford to resign him.

I like your Sig quote. Should Bellicheats be "I never lost a game, the video camera just ran out of film?"

Steeldude
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
gee, what a surprise. smith burned on long plays again.

have some of you realized that smith is not ready to be a full-time starter yet?

Steeldude
12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't understand it. You are facing the greatest passing attack in the history of the league and a team that doesn't run the ball at all. Why is he falling for a play fake. Our D-line and linebackers are good enough against the run that safeties shouldn't have to help them out. Just sit back and deflect deep passes and knock out recievers cuz thats all he can do.

aburdell, because smith seems to be interested in only two things. he wants to either hit someone or run his mouth. he doesn't want to read plays and remain disciplined. hopefully in time he will learn. as of now he is just an average backup FS. the steelers need clark healthy for next season.

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah, Anthony didn't play his best, but did the offense even score a point in the second half. I don't remember the points, but it's a team game and every one should pick up the slack. To single him out is BS. The whole team can play better than what they showed..

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Except for Ben. I thought he really played a great game, even if we didn't score in the second half. I thought the play calling and the receivers were more off than him.

Mosca
12-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Everyone who has written how much they love this kid because of all the highlight film hits can now shut up until he learns to actually play defense.

justbnsd
12-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Its not smiths fault,there never is any offensive gameplan.:banginArians couldn't run the browns offense and he just lets ben air it out for what?They won't run parker in between the tackles and if he does get a good run they won't run it again! The defense had practiced as if troy were playing,we should've been playing ball control the whole game.Tomlin hasn't learned anything about steeler ball where this team is built to play smashmouth!He thinks he has the Patriots!We don't need to to pass 50 times to win a game!

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Everyone who has written how much they love this kid because of all the highlight film hits can now shut up until he learns to actually play defense.

:thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
12-09-2007, 08:37 PM
gee, what a surprise. smith burned on long plays again.

have some of you realized that smith is not ready to be a full-time starter yet?

Smith is young & is still learning. Yes, maybe he talks too much but if you compare his his first year to even P43, he is doing OK. IMHO despite the oral flatulence, he still has promise.

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
You know the funny thing is I remember everbody getting mad at woodson for blowing coverages, It happens with the best players. the fact is the steelers play aggressive and sometimes will give up the big play.

If I told you that all the Steelers would score is 13 points. How many of you would pick them over the Patriots?

Probably none so forget Anthony Smith.

geo123
12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around. In keeping to the topic Smith ran his mouth and did not back it up!! It wasn't like he had good coverage and a receiver made a great catch. He left receivers WIDE open on two plays. He got burt twice deep for scores.
I wouldn't be surprised if NE intentionaly went after him!

Steeldude
12-09-2007, 08:45 PM

mosca, that's what i have been saying on here. fans are enamored with big hits, but completely ignore basic football. it's like the kordell fans from years ago. they see kordell run for a 1st down and they completely forget that he can't read a defense, understand simple offense or throw accurately.

Steeldude
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around. In keeping to the topic Smith ran his mouth and did not back it up!! It wasn't like he had good coverage and a receiver made a great catch. He left receivers WIDE open on two plays. He got burt twice deep for scores.
I wouldn't be surprised if NE intentionaly went after him!

i am sure they did go after him intentionally. they most likely watched the jets' and bengals' games.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Its not smiths fault,there never is any offensive gameplan.:banginArians couldn't run the browns offense and he just lets ben air it out for what?They won't run parker in between the tackles and if he does get a good run they won't run it again! The defense had practiced as if troy were playing,we should've been playing ball control the whole game.Tomlin hasn't learned anything about steeler ball where this team is built to play smashmouth!He thinks he has the Patriots!We don't need to to pass 50 times to win a game!when youre the deep safety, and the deep part of the field is your responsibility, it is better to cover randy moss as opposed to worrying about a shitty assed running back who will trip over his own feet, on a team that runs 7 times a game.

what, if the play was a rund, did smith think one of the linebackers wouldnt be there to make a tackle.

i understand he was playing on instinct though. thats one of the drawbacks of a defensive secondary that is so ingrained on stopping the run.

the run shouldnt have been a focus after the 1st quarter though. letting maroney beat a 3 man front is probably a best case scenario when dealing with the pats.

The Patriot
12-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Don't be to hard on Smith. He's just a rookie who still believes in mircales. I did like Brady dealing the trash talk to your defense when it was still a close game. That shows balls. I missed this game but from what I hear we may be playing you in another month. :cheers:

revefsreleets
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Actually, it showed how trailer Brady really is. All this smack talk is idiotic...but it was nice to see Brady lower himself right down to Anthony Smith's level.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Don't be to hard on Smith. He's just a rookie who still believes in mircales. I did like Brady dealing the trash talk to your defense when it was still a close game. That shows balls. I missed this game but from what I hear we may be playing you in another month. :cheers:funny that the only "balls" brady shows are those coming out of his mouth.

smith is a 2nd rear player. he cant even draw on being a dumbass rookie excuse. then again troy got beat on the same shit in his 2nd year and is far from the overjubillant smith.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Actually, it showed how trailer Brady really is. All this smack talk is idiotic...but it was nice to see Brady lower himself right down to Anthony Smith's level.

James Harrison raised my opinion of him even higher after he confronted WonderBoy for getting in Smith's grille after the first TD.

There is a reason Peyton gets the big $$ endorsements - Brady is perceived as an arrogant prick by advertisers as well.

Steeler in Carolina
12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
anyone who thinks the bungles wr's are better than the patriots wr's is pretty much dumb as dirt.

the bungles suck

That they do. The Bengals will always suck.

The Patriot
12-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Whatever, Brady is having one of the best seasons a QB has ever had in the NFL and a stupid rookie who shouldn't even start is gonna guarantee a win and discredit the Patriots recievers. I'm glad he got in his face. I bet he learned a very valuable lesson.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Whatever, Brady is having one of the best seasons a QB has ever had in the NFL and a stupid rookie who shouldn't even start is gonna guarantee a win and discredit the Patriots recievers. I'm glad he got in his face. I bet he learned a very valuable lesson.he learned that patfans dont know the difference between a 1st and 2nd year player and that tom brady is as big of a douchebag as advertized. but he tosses a ball well, and knows how to impregnate models. :cookie:

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Brady is a douche. Moss should be the MVP. without him the pats woud probably be 9-4 just like the Steelers. Ike had great coverage today and Moss just makes the play. He's done it all year. All the QB has to do is just toss it up and let him get it. Where is Daunte Culpepper now?

XxKnightxX
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
As far as i see it your a yongster who really needs to know how to shut his effin mouth. Dont talk the talk when you cant walk the walk everyone says it especially when you are going against a team of this caliber and you are a starter because of injuries. I liked this guy until this hapened and what i predicted happened, he got burnt on 2 plays...one of them which we run which is even worse. I wouldnt be surprised if this guy was out of the organization next year. Not only did you make a fool out of the team, you made a fool of the coaching staff and the organization itself...I dont think the Rooneys appreciate that. Personally congratulations to the patriots, run the table and shut those 72 dolphins up. As for the Steelers minus Anthony Smith...lets just keep playing and win our division.

The Patriot
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Brady is a douche. Moss should be the MVP. without him the pats woud probably be 9-4 just like the Steelers. Ike had great coverage today and Moss just makes the play. He's done it all year. All the QB has to do is just toss it up and let him get it. Where is Daunte Culpepper now?

Moss couldn't even get the Raiders 3 wins last year! All he does is catches perfectly thrown passes. There is a reason Brady Td/Int is 45/5. Brady is the best QB in the league right now. Even Big Ben thinks so.

The Duke
12-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Moss couldn't even get the Raiders 3 wins last year! All he does is catches perfectly thrown passes. There is a reason Brady Td/Int is 45/5. Brady is the best QB in the league right now. Even Big Ben thinks so.

can't argue with that

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Alright, Brady isn't a douche, he is probably one of the top ten qb's in history, but he doesn't even come close to breaking Manning's record without Moss. Have you watched any of the games this year? Doesn't matter whether Moss is doubled or trippled, just toss it up and he will bring it down. That's why I was joking about Culpepper. Moss was just collecting a check in Oakland. I'm not a Moss fan, but you can't deny the impact he has when he puts his mind to playing football.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Alright, Brady isn't a douche, he is probably one of the top ten qb's in history, but he doesn't even come close to breaking Manning's record without Moss. Have you watched any of the games this year? Doesn't matter whether Moss is doubled or trippled, just toss it up and he will bring it down. That's why I was joking about Culpepper. Moss was just collecting a check in Oakland. I'm not a Moss fan, but you can't deny the impact he has when he puts his mind to playing football.

The Philly game and Baltimore Game were evident of that.

NV STEELERS 723
12-10-2007, 12:05 AM
he learned that patfans dont know the difference between a 1st and 2nd year player and that tom brady is as big of a douchebag as advertized. but he tosses a ball well, and knows how to impregnate models. :cookie:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

SteelersMongol
12-10-2007, 12:12 AM
What the heck? All u people 've been only watching Smith? He's just the kid, who's still in his learning process. Like someone said earlier, IT"S THE TEAM GAME (which is why I love this sport more than any in the whole world, & my Steelers cuz I think they're teamplayers), & everyone shares the blame. Take the chill pill. We've lost the battle, not the war! We'll return the favor in 5 or so weeks.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-10-2007, 12:41 AM
I love how he runs his mouth and then gets beat for 3TDs...yeah he makes a couple plays but he needs to sit down and watch some film on how to really play defence...all i have to say is that this game is an embaressment and maybe Anthony needs to be running all week during practice...And why doesnt Tomlin say something to these players, he just stands there doing absolutely nothing.:banging::banging::banging::banging::bangi ng::banging::banging::banging::

ME THINKS everyone should back the hell off Anthony Smith.

ME THINKS Ike Taylor played a worse game than A. Smith.

ME THINKS our O-line couldn't give Ben the kind of time we needed in the FIRST HALF when we left 10 points off the board. ANd then everyone disappeared after halftime.

Look bro Tomlin did something earlier in the season that many coaches can't do. He called a few of his players "young and dumb." While we'll keep the race card in the deck the unspoken truth is that Tomlin can call it like it is a little easier. AND HE DID.

I can see where 27 had good intentions with a bad purpose that THE MEDIA turned into a battle cry. Lesson learned. His intentions were a little reckless but still from the heart.

Steeldude
12-10-2007, 01:01 AM

i am not sure what game you were watching, but taylor did not show ""great"" coverage today. taylor is a good CB, but today he was below average.

Galax Steeler
12-10-2007, 05:23 AM
i am not sure what game you were watching, but taylor did not show ""great"" coverage today. taylor is a good CB, but today he was below average.

Agreed you can't just blame smith they were alot of blown coverages in the ball game.

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 06:18 AM

Well if you're gonna take away Moss, you'd have to take away Marvin Harrison. Look where Manning was for a while without one of his star WR. He had 6 interceptions in one game. That's more than Brady's year total.

geo123
12-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Whatever, Brady is having one of the best seasons a QB has ever had in the NFL and a stupid rookie who shouldn't even start is gonna guarantee a win and discredit the Patriots recievers. I'm glad he got in his face. I bet he learned a very valuable lesson.

I certainly hope so.

Rick5895
12-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Someone should tell that little punk, not to stir up a hornets nest again, lol. It';s ok to run off at the mouth like A.Smith did, but if you do play a good game. Smith played like crap and him not doing his job resulted in 2 long touchdowns. One thing is clear, we really miss Polamalu against the elite teams.

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Someone should tell that little punk, not to stir up a hornets nest again, lol. It';s ok to run off at the mouth like A.Smith did, but if you do play a good game. Smith played like crap and him not doing his job resulted in 2 long touchdowns. One thing is clear, we really miss Polamalu against the elite teams.

What we really miss is having an elite Polamalu against any teams for most of the last 2 years.

I am glad Troy sat yesterday but if Troy does not return in peak form soon this season is not going to get any better.

FAB802
12-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Well if you're gonna take away Moss, you'd have to take away Marvin Harrison. Look where Manning was for a while without one of his star WR. He had 6 interceptions in one game. That's more than Brady's year total.

Don't get carried away Pee Wee. Your team scored on two long plays because our second year back up safety bit on two runs when your team can't run the football. Stupid mistake by the 11th best player on the field. Your team took advantage of it. You are fortunate our OC doesn't know how to do the same. We gashed you running the ball the whole game and he killed multiple drives for us by getting cute on offense.

I congratulate your pompous arrogant team for winning this particular game. But if you think for a minute that you can't be beaten come playoff time you haven't been watching the same team everyone else has the last few weeks. You won't ever hear me make excuses when we lose. You have to play with the guys who are on the field. It's going to be pretty funny to see your team go undefeated in the regular season only to lose in the playoff's.

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Don't get carried away Pee Wee. Your team scored on two long plays because our second year back up safety bit on two runs when your team can't run the football. Stupid mistake by the 11th best player on the field. Your team took advantage of it. You are fortunate our OC doesn't know how to do the same. We gashed you running the ball the whole game and he killed multiple drives for us by getting cute on offense.

I congratulate your pompous arrogant team for winning this particular game. But if you think for a minute that you can't be beaten come playoff time you haven't been watching the same team everyone else has the last few weeks. You won't ever hear me make excuses when we lose. You have to play with the guys who are on the field. It's going to be pretty funny to see your team go undefeated in the regular season only to lose in the playoff's.

Thank you. And I agree. Polamalu wouldn't have bitten on those two long passes. If we play you again in the playoffs we might need a different strategy.

memphissteelergirl
12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Bottom line...Smith wrote a check his mouth could not cash. I hope he learned a lesson about being careful what he says to the press, and let his play speak for him.

I am sure Tomlin took him to task about this, and I am willing to chalk it up to a young guy gettin a little full of himself. Smith is a very good player, IMO, but he just needs to be a little smarter about how he conducts himself on and off the field.

hellbread
12-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't be to hard on Smith. He's just a rookie who still believes in mircales. I did like Brady dealing the trash talk to your defense when it was still a close game. That shows balls. I missed this game but from what I hear we may be playing you in another month. :cheers:

yep i saw how much "balls" brady had once he got a look at the silverback right behind him. brady's "balls" shrivled up and he ran with his tail between his legs.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Cover 2 defense, the weakness is between the safeties. It was exploited.

When Troy P is in, we don't play "safe" and tend to have more man coverage with single safety help over the top. Different strategy next time. We'll see what happens.

Up next, a very good running game and an efficient passing game with the Jags coming to town. that's all that matters.

7/39/43
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Can't stand Taylor always thought he was worthless, Smith I thought was alright until he opened his mouth and then got burnt. I thought we got rid of our loud mouth fool?
I think if I would of saw either of them on the street last night I would of hit as hard as I could still thinking about those clowns. GET WELL SOON TROY!!!

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
yep i saw how much "balls" brady had once he got a look at the silverback right behind him. brady's "balls" shrivled up and he ran with his tail between his legs.

I didn't see Bridget on the field.

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Look, it was only freindly banter. Here's how I think the conversation probably went down.

Brady: Hello, my name is Tom Brady and I can have sex with any woman I'd like.

Smith: Hello, I'm Anthony Smith. Nobody knows who I am but I guarenteed a win against an undefeated team yesterday because I thought it would make me look cool.

Harrison: Hello, my name is James Harrison. I apologize for bumping in to you. I'm just another Steelers linebacker who has no idea where he is on the field.

Brady: No problem. I'm just going to back away now and go hide behind Matt Light and my offensive line. Nice meeting you both.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey check it out Roeth.....that preemptive ignoring thing worked wonders! I managed to ignore a troll before I saw a single thing he wrote on this board!

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Look, it was only freindly banter. Here's how I think the conversation probably went down.

Smith: Hello, I'm Anthony Smith. Nobody knows who I am but I guarenteed a win against an undefeated team yesterday because I thought it would make me look cool.

Harrison: Hello, my name is James Harrison. I apologize for bumping in to you. I'm just another Steelers linebacker who has no idea where he is on the field.

Brady: No problem. I'm just going to back away now and go hide behind Matt Light and my offensive line. Nice meeting you both.

and your welcome has worn out........................now.

hellbread
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM

yep. harrison gets afc defensive player of the month by not knowing where he is.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 07:35 PM
What's sad is this loser actually took the time to come to one of the more obscure Steelers fan sites, register a user name, think up this crap, and then post it. Boston must be one boring ass town.

hellbread
12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
i find it funny that w/e brady said to smith he didnt want to repeat b/c he didnt want his mommy seeing it...i bet mommy is proud that her son likes to impregnate his girlfriends and dump them for their friends. congrats new england u have a winner. go have your man crush else.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 07:44 PM
i find it funny that w/e brady said to smith he didnt want to repeat b/c he didnt want his mommy seeing it...i bet mommy is proud that her son likes to impregnate his girlfriends and dump them for their friends. congrats new england u have a winner. go have your man crush else.

Brady lives in a total fantasy world. I have a hard time wishing injury on anyone, but he comes damn close.

hellbread
12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
you could always say ' i wish he is on the cover of the next madden' then u wouldnt really be saying ' i wish injury' just that u wish to see his face on the cover...:cheers:

steel striker
12-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Well it's too late to cry about spilled milk here. The bottom line is we lost and, lost big. It is just one game and, sure Smith is just plain stupid for saying what he said then not owning up to what he said. Now we have to move and get ready for the jags which will be a tough test for us. I'm sure the media has stuck a fork in us as well but. i don't care we need to win the rest of the way out and get ready for the playoffs. Look at it this way we did not play well yesterday and, still I have faith we can make a run here. I look for us to bounce back and play steeler football.

steelcity58
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Smith's comments during game week are just a part of a bigger problem.

I've noticed a lot of the Steeler's players mouthing off during the game, getting in stupid fights during the game.

The problem and solution, and this is a fixable flaw, is what I have said for months.

The Steelers need more discipline and that begins with the head coach on down.

Tomilin needs to put his foot down, hard, and make sure the Steelers who have always been a class organization get back to Steeler football.

That, and we need all our players healthy.

And in 2008, Bruce Arians needs to be some place else. Any place else except acting as "OC" for the Steelers.

What kind of crap call was that shallow backfield semi-reverse with Hines at the 1?

I think we have a player named Najeh Davenport who is #1 in the league at picking up 2-3 yards.

Power football is what has always made the Steelers.

Let's recap.

Discipline, meaning a more firm approach from the Head Coach on down.

Willie Parker, (the only guy who showed up yesterday to play imo) and Davenport for power and speed running the ball.

What we have seen this year is not STEELER football.

hellbread
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
dont know why but im not worried about the next game. the steelers got embarrassed and they are playing at home. they will be playing for pride. :tt02:

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 08:31 PM
What's sad is this loser actually took the time to come to one of the more obscure Steelers fan sites, register a user name, think up this crap, and then post it. Boston must be one boring ass town.

I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings? It was a harmless joke. I should of known somebody would actually take offense. Go cry in a corner somewhere.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Guys, c'mon - The Patriot is one of the few Pats fans who hasn't gone overboard to rub the doo doo in our faces. I don't consider him a troll - actually, he has contributed some good insight and has been respectful. Please show him the same degree of respect - what d'ya say?

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Guys, c'mon - The Patriot is one of the few Pats fans who hasn't gone overboard to rub the doo doo in our faces. I don't consider him a troll - actually, he has contributed some good insight and has been respectful. Please show him the same degree of respect - what d'ya say?

his stupid little skit on the previous page is what probably did him in on here.

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
his stupid little skit on the previous page is what probably did him in on here.

Did me in with what? A couple of whiney insults? You guys obviously aren't over this yet so I'll come back when you're a bit more emotionally stable. See you in the playoffs.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Oh come on - most of us are adults here. A little banter shouldn't curl anyone's toes around here. :cheers:

delhess
12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings? It was a harmless joke. I should of known somebody would actually take offense. Go cry in a corner somewhere.

there is a time and a place for that humor to be taken well. this is neither the time or the place. so sorry if you don't see it that way.

i was NOT offended by your comments my friend, but you are walking a fine line, and remember that this is not you home, even though you are welcome anytime.

i have often been the only person in many recent conversations(with my friends), that appears to admire what the pats are doing. i must add however, i was surprised to see brady go out of his way to address anthony smith, and i think i lost just a little respect for him.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
What kind of loser actually trolls on another team's message boards? A Patriots fans, that's who.

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
there is a time and a place for that humor to be taken well. this is neither the time or the place. so sorry if you don't see it that way.

i was NOT offended by your comments my friend, but you are walking a fine line, and remember that this is not you home, even though you are welcome anytime.

i have often been the only person in many recent conversations(with my friends), that appears to admire what the pats are doing. i must add however, i was surprised to see brady go out of his way to address anthony smith, and i think i lost just a little respect for him.

Well, I guess I didn't know you guys were upset about that confrontation. I thought it was funny. I'll try to see your side next time.

The Patriot
12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
What kind of loser actually trolls on another team's message boards? A Patriots fans, that's who.

For your information I wasn't trolling I was trying to make a joke to break the ice.

So up yours, you little douchebag. Now I'm trolling.
Run along and report me.:coffee:

SteelersMongol
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Guys, I thought I was gonna be reading about Anthony Smith in here. What's with all yelling & screaming back & forth with this Pats fan? Let's get back to the original thread line.

stlrtruck
12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
I wonder if any of his teammates brought him some crow and humble pie after the game. I can only hope that he keeps his mouth shut for the rest of his career in Pittsburgh!

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I wonder if any of his teammates brought him some crow and humble pie after the game. I can only hope that he keeps his mouth shut for the rest of his career in Pittsburgh!

If Smith does not shut up during the week after Sunday's embarassment his career as a Steeler will be NFL (not for long)

tony hipchest
12-11-2007, 12:12 PM
If Smith does not shut up during the week after Sunday's embarassment his career as a Steeler will be NFL (not for long)i wonder if he comes out of this deal demoralized, or with the resolve to get better and stop acting tha fool.

i think he has the confidence and will to rebound and grow from his stupid mistake off the field, and irresponsible mistakes on it.

im very curious about his agent and if perhaps he let anthony know that barking up the patriots tree and being able to deliver would secure him a huge payday at the end of 08. did some bad advice push him into putting himself front and center?

Burgher9
12-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Smith needs to come out against the Jaguars with his head up and mouth shut...they can make him look just a stupid as the Pats did...

Mosca
12-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Well, I guess I didn't know you guys were upset about that confrontation. I thought it was funny. I'll try to see your side next time.

LOL, I thought it was a riot! "I can have sex with any woman I want..." "I'll just go back and hide behind my offensive line now..." Both sides adequately skewered, as I see it.

Smith's hyperaggressive style is covering up a lack of instinct and experience. That is part of being young and in the NFL sometimes. I hope it doesn't affect his confidence, but rather gives him direction on how to get better.

HometownGal
12-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Smith needs to come out against the Jaguars with his head up and mouth shut...they can make him look just a stupid as the Pats did...

If Polamalu is on that field on Sunday, look out. He can make a QB and his wideouts look pretty stupid, as well.

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
If Polamalu is on that field on Sunday, look out. He can make a QB and his wideouts look pretty stupid, as well.
:iagree: i hope polamalu is well enough to go sunday. we need to get a win sunday. i hope smith learned his lesson.

sherlock
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
This is an interesting and informative thread for an NFL rookie like myself.
The only thing to do regarding Smith is to give him the support his probably shattered confidence now needs.I mean we all say and do things we regret and the best way Anthony can make amends is to perform on the pitch.
Do you guys think he has the potential to perhaps backup his bravado?
Finally, The Patriot...the Steelers might not be the best team around at the moment but they are the COOLEST!!..no argument.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
i wonder if he comes out of this deal demoralized, or with the resolve to get better and stop acting tha fool.

i think he has the confidence and will to rebound and grow from his stupid mistake off the field, and irresponsible mistakes on it.

im very curious about his agent and if perhaps he let anthony know that barking up the patriots tree and being able to deliver would secure him a huge payday at the end of 08. did some bad advice push him into putting himself front and center?

I do not blame the agent - I think Smith is simply not the sharpest knife in the drawer and enjoys attention.

He is a young guy who got caught up in big game coverage for the first time in his life (not a lot of that at Syracuse), made the ridiculous comparison of the Bengals & Pats receivers, at that point targeted himself as a quote machine who got drawn into making a "guarantee" by the media, and then testosterone (or fear?) took over with the pre-game on field woofing on Sunday (which, if true, some vet definitely should have muzzled).

He may not back down - you know somebody had to tell him to cool it before the post-game media grilling Sunday, but he then gets quoted as saying after that pasting that the Pats and Steelers will meet again in January. Maybe he is just too dumb to know what to say.

As for the on the field trash, that will not stop unless Troy recovers and Smith gets a seat on the bench, assuming Tomlin risks pairing Troy & Carter. IMO Smith lost accountability once he knew Clark was gone as a threat to replace him this season.

Somebody needs to tell Smith you do not have to explain what you meant if you do not say it in the first place. Better to be considered an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Counselor
12-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Smith's comments during game week are just a part of a bigger problem.

I've noticed a lot of the Steeler's players mouthing off during the game, getting in stupid fights during the game.

The problem and solution, and this is a fixable flaw, is what I have said for months.

The Steelers need more discipline and that begins with the head coach on down.

Tomilin needs to put his foot down, hard, and make sure the Steelers who have always been a class organization get back to Steeler football.

That, and we need all our players healthy.

And in 2008, Bruce Arians needs to be some place else. Any place else except acting as "OC" for the Steelers.

What kind of crap call was that shallow backfield semi-reverse with Hines at the 1?

I think we have a player named Najeh Davenport who is #1 in the league at picking up 2-3 yards.

Power football is what has always made the Steelers.

Let's recap.

Discipline, meaning a more firm approach from the Head Coach on down.

Willie Parker, (the only guy who showed up yesterday to play imo) and Davenport for power and speed running the ball.

What we have seen this year is not STEELER football.

I respectfully and completely disagree with you. First of all, if you are suggesting that Smith wouldn't have made that gaurantee under Cowher (you don't say it but its implied)---you're wrong. How many times did JPeezy (who I love) run his mouth when he shouldn't have? Cowher enabled it, if not encouraged it.

If you are suggesting Cowher had more "discipline" you need only go back to the multiple "excessive celebration" penalties last year (the ones he said would never happen again---but they did), or review the well-documented differences between "camp cowher" and "camp tomlin". Or perhaps go back and watch old games---Cowher loved Colon & Harrison & Porter for their "fire"----our guys got into plenty of fights in the past . . .

As for Bruce Arians---lets give him a break. Sure the Hines Ward play was questionable, but a few weeks ago our running backs couldn't get that "one yard" if a defense spotted them 2 feet. Last week all I heard was moaning about how "Willie isn't that good" and "Davenport sucks" and "bring back Verron Haynes"----now they're the only ones that perform?

From what you wrote it sounds to me like you want "Steeler Football" to be Cowher's "run run pass punt" and I'm sorry, but thats not going to win in today's NFL. The only reason we won the Super Bowl was because Whiz was able to get Cowher to let him "mix it up" in the playoffs.

OneForTheToe
12-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I hope Smith can recover because we are thin a saftey, but if he is going into the tank for the season, then I'll befine with Carter and Troy at the safety. Also, I believe Deshea workd out at safety this season. I would be ok with Deshea (who is a smart player) at saftey and Mcfadden at the other corner postion. Get our best guys on the field somehow.

HometownGal
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I can only imagine what some of you post 70's era fans would have thought about Mean Joe getting tossed out of games in the early 70's for his aggressive "behaviors" (and taunting). :dang: Wow has the NFL (and the mindset of fans) changed.

Seriously people - what's done is done. Smith made a buffoon out of himself and he can't take back what he said, whether the media twisted his words or not. He wore the bullseye on his back (of his own choosing) and the Pats hit the bullseye more than once. We've got a huge game against the Jags in 5 days and the biggest discussion around here is still about Anthony Smith? :jawdrop:

http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I can only imagine what some of you post 70's era fans would have thought about Mean Joe getting tossed out of games in the early 70's for his aggressive "behaviors" (and taunting). :dang: Wow has the NFL (and the mindset of fans) changed.

Seriously people - what's done is done. Smith made a buffoon out of himself and he can't take back what he said, whether the media twisted his words or not. He wore the bullseye on his back (of his own choosing) and the Pats hit the bullseye more than once. We've got a huge game against the Jags in 5 days and the biggest discussion around here is still about Anthony Smith? :jawdrop:

http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Smith wanted to be the center of attention - be careful what you wish for:smile:

Joe Greene admits he was a punk whe he entered the league and that stunts like throwing the ball into the stands in Philly his rookie year were wrong.

By the time we had such classic moments as Joe dropping Denver guard Paul Howard with a punch to the gut in a 1977 playoff game, Joe was a 2 time NFL defensive player of the year and had 2 rings.

It is my understanding,Anthony Smith has not acknowledged anything he did through kickoff might not have been a good idea. I did not hear about the pregame woofing until today, which just confirmd my view Smith is a moron.

It is a fact that Smith has not accomplished anything that entitles him to pop off.

Maybe Smith shoud admit he f***ed up.

I will leave it to Ed.B. in his chat today to sum up my view:

Ed ... As the most respected news reporter of the Steelers, what would the profit consist of to "edge" Anthony Smith into his "guarantee" talk against NE. We all saw the tape, and he definitely was prodded. Again, the profit from this for a reporter?

Ed Bouchette: The fact that Anthony Smith repeated his guarantee many times, starting with radio and moving onto print and television on separate occasions means that Anthony wanted the word out and he sure got it. But thanks for asking.

Reports out of NE claim Anthony Smith was "cussing" at Brady before the game. Do you have any proof of this report?

Ed Bouchette: Yes, Anthony Smith said after the game that's what he was doing, but perhaps he will change his mind later and say that was taken out of context:sofunny:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07345/840822-66.stm

steelcity58
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I respectfully and completely disagree with you. First of all, if you are suggesting that Smith wouldn't have made that gaurantee under Cowher (you don't say it but its implied)---you're wrong. How many times did JPeezy (who I love) run his mouth when he shouldn't have? Cowher enabled it, if not encouraged it.

If you are suggesting Cowher had more "discipline" you need only go back to the multiple "excessive celebration" penalties last year (the ones he said would never happen again---but they did), or review the well-documented differences between "camp cowher" and "camp tomlin". Or perhaps go back and watch old games---Cowher loved Colon & Harrison & Porter for their "fire"----our guys got into plenty of fights in the past . . .

As for Bruce Arians---lets give him a break. Sure the Hines Ward play was questionable, but a few weeks ago our running backs couldn't get that "one yard" if a defense spotted them 2 feet. Last week all I heard was moaning about how "Willie isn't that good" and "Davenport sucks" and "bring back Verron Haynes"----now they're the only ones that perform?

From what you wrote it sounds to me like you want "Steeler Football" to be Cowher's "run run pass punt" and I'm sorry, but thats not going to win in today's NFL. The only reason we won the Super Bowl was because Whiz was able to get Cowher to let him "mix it up" in the playoffs.
I'll just respectfully disagree with most if not all of what you just said, or consider it really a moot point, except for what I highlighted in your quote .

Let me just ask...

When did "today's" NFL begin?

Must have been after the Steelers won SBXL (40)...all those long 2 years ago.:yawn:

I don't think you're taking in the bigger picture here.

HometownGal
12-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Smith wanted to be the center of attention - be careful what you wish for:smile:

Joe Greene admits he was a punk whe he entered the league and that stunts like throwing the ball into the stands in Philly his rookie year were wrong.

By the time we had such classic moments as Joe dropping Denver guard Paul Howard with a punch to the gut in a 1977 playoff game, Joe was a 2 time NFL defensive player of the year and had 2 rings.

It is my understanding,Anthony Smith has not acknowledged anything he did through kickoff might not have been a good idea. I did not hear about the pregame woofing until today, which just confirmd my view Smith is a moron.

It is a fact that Smith has not accomplished anything that entitles him to pop off.

Maybe Smith shoud admit he f***ed up.

I will leave it to Ed.B. in his chat today to sum up my view:

Ed ... As the most respected news reporter of the Steelers, what would the profit consist of to "edge" Anthony Smith into his "guarantee" talk against NE. We all saw the tape, and he definitely was prodded. Again, the profit from this for a reporter?

Ed Bouchette: The fact that Anthony Smith repeated his guarantee many times, starting with radio and moving onto print and television on separate occasions means that Anthony wanted the word out and he sure got it. But thanks for asking.

Reports out of NE claim Anthony Smith was "cussing" at Brady before the game. Do you have any proof of this report?

Ed Bouchette: Yes, Anthony Smith said after the game that's what he was doing, but perhaps he will change his mind later and say that was taken out of context:sofunny:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07345/840822-66.stm

Dan - I love your viewpoints - that goes without saying. My entire point with my post above is that (a) we all know what Smith said and how he acted was wrong; (b) his pre-game remarks came back to bite him in the rear, which I'm sure he is well aware of and I'm sure he is still wiping the egg off of his face; (c) none of this will change the outcome of the game and he can't take back his stupid (and irresponsible) remarks; and (d) this subject has been beaten into the ground and then some.

There is an enormous game coming up this weekend against a conference rival which could very well play a huge part in determining playoff position, but yet this thread and this redundant subject goes on and on like a broken record. The media won't let it go and as is evidenced by this thread, neither will some of the fans.

LET IT GO and MOVE FORWARD! I'm sure Tomlin, Smith and Smith's teammates have done so - why can't we? :dang:

tony hipchest
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM
LET IT GO and MOVE FORWARD! I'm sure Tomlin, Smith and Smith's teammates have done so - why can't we? :dang:

nope, not gonna do it. we talked about this game since week 4, so im gonna talk about it for the next 9 weeks. infact i hope we win the division so all offseason we can talk about when we face the patriots next season (...in addition to the colts, and the chargers...)

i think anthony smith guaranteed an interception against matt jones this week...

:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Dan - I love your viewpoints - that goes without saying. My entire point with my post above is that (a) we all know what Smith said and how he acted was wrong; (b) his pre-game remarks came back to bite him in the rear, which I'm sure he is well aware of and I'm sure he is still wiping the egg off of his face; (c) none of this will change the outcome of the game and he can't take back his stupid (and irresponsible) remarks; and (d) this subject has been beaten into the ground and then some.

There is an enormous game coming up this weekend against a conference rival which could very well play a huge part in determining playoff position, but yet this thread and this redundant subject goes on and on like a broken record. The media won't let it go and as is evidenced by this thread, neither will some of the fans.

HTG - As usual you are right

It would be nice if a punk athlete would say at some time other than the sentencing hearing that he is sorry, but it is time to move on:cheers:

Huge game Sunday - lose to Jax and the Steelers will be 2-3 since the Ravens game with no more home games - not exactly the way to build momentum

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2007, 08:09 PM

AMEN TO THAT! Quit thinking about Smith's Guarantee and starting talking about the Jacksonville Kittys.

delhess
12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
nope, not gonna do it. we talked about this game since week 4, so im gonna talk about it for the next 9 weeks. infact i hope we win the division so all offseason we can talk about when we face the patriots next season (...in addition to the colts, and the chargers...)

i think anthony smith guaranteed an interception against matt jones this week...

this stuff is great for the fans, we actually have something to talk about, why let it go.

i actually feel a little sorry for anthony, because i thought it was an honest mistake in handling the media, but if he does it again, well.....

Counselor
12-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll just respectfully disagree with most if not all of what you just said, or consider it really a moot point, except for what I highlighted in your quote .

Let me just ask...

When did "today's" NFL begin?

Must have been after the Steelers won SBXL (40)...all those long 2 years ago.:yawn:

I don't think you're taking in the bigger picture here.

Did you actually read my post before declaring it "moot"? I said, that the only reason we were able to win SBXL was because we got away from "run run pass punt" . . .so no "today's NFL" did not start within the last two years.

May I ask what exactly this "bigger picture" is that I am missing? Seems to me that you aren't willing to give anyone a chance. Tomlin/Arians/LeBeau have gotten us to 9-4, on the verge of the playoffs after an 8-8 season. I think they deserve a little patience. Hell, it took Cowher 15 years to "win the big one". Lets give the current staff at least a year or two. K?

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 02:40 PM
this stuff is great for the fans, we actually have something to talk about, why let it go.

Our 9-4 Steelers playing a conference opponent with the same record and the Steelers being able to clinch a playoff spot with a win this weekend, but belaboring the Anthony Smith soap opera and beating it into the ground is all you have to talk about? :jawdrop: WOW.

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Shaddup hipcheese before I tell Ben to take away your cheese. :wink02:

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

revefsreleets
12-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I got a fever.......................................and the only prescription is more threads about the Patriots and Anthony Smith!

http://www.sickjokes.net/media/Cowbell.gif

Counselor
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I got a fever.......................................and the only prescription is more threads about the Patriots and Anthony Smith!

Dang, I was hoping for more cow bell :wink02:

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM

I've got a fever too......along with a Size 8-1/2 to attach to your hiney. :buttkick::wink02:

Rhee Rhee
12-12-2007, 07:28 PM
i would love for anthony to guarantee another one against jacksonville... it would show his perserverance and his confidence LOL

One4TheOtherThumb
12-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Smith ran his mouth, and hopefully learned a valuable lesson from it...but lets not be too quick to throw him under the bus...he has a ton of ability...did anyone else notice that on the double pass despite the fact that he was torched, he almost caught up to the pass...yeah hes a second year player thats been stupid at times, but he has a big upside IMO...

OneForTheToe
12-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Smith ran his mouth, and hopefully learned a valuable lesson from it...but lets not be too quick to throw him under the bus...he has a ton of ability...did anyone else notice that on the double pass despite the fact that he was torched, he almost caught up to the pass...yeah hes a second year player thats been stupid at times, but he has a big upside IMO...

Well yes, he almost caught up to the play, but did you notice how slow and poorly executed the Pats ran the play. I mean if they don't fumble the first throwback ,Smith isn'teven in the frame when the TD pass is caught. Sorry, I am more than willing to give Smith opportunities to redeem himself, but there is no silver lining in his play, or anything else he did, last week.