PDA

View Full Version : I'm not gonna blow smoke up your butt.

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
But I'm also not gonna gloat.

I was impressed with the Steeler 1st half
You totally dominated time of possession, and that defensive recovery from that fluke punt for a turnover was huge...

I was sure that this game would go down to the wire. (still confident that my Pats would pull it out, mind you ;-)

But WHAT THE FLUCK HAPPENED TO YOUR DEFENSE???!\
I mean... they played a measly 10 freakin minutes in the first half.

Jesus Christ... you broke down more than my teenage jalopy!

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 06:01 PM
The tide turned on the trick play - that was the backbreaker.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for stopping by

Looking forward to playing the Pats again in January

You have no running game - that will be fine as long as it stays above 40 and dry in January in New England

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
[But WHAT THE FLUCK HAPPENED TO YOUR DEFENSE??

all veteran leadership in the secondary being absent didnt help.

*awaits lame "quit making excuses" remark*. :coffee:

Edman
12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
The trick play TD blew this game wide open. Up until that point the Steelers were giving the Pats fits. It would be smart to not gloat.

We'll see you in the playoffs.

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 06:10 PM
You have no running game - that will be fine as long as it stays above 40 and dry in January in New England

We'll see...

Maroney looked pretty good on some, and Kevin Faulk is always a journeyman when the shyt hits the fan.

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 06:14 PM
*awaits lame "quit making excuses" remark*. :coffee:

Not gonna happen.
I told ya.. I am not gonna gloat in this thread.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 06:17 PM
We'll see...

Maroney looked pretty good on some, and Kevin Faulk is always a journeyman when the shyt hits the fan.

You will admit with this offense you would prefer to play your home games in a dome in January?:smile:

Infamix
12-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Honestly, it was Lebeus inability or stuborness. He refused to adjust to the Patriots' spread offense. It's good to have your best athletes on the field, but Farrior isn't going to cover Welker. Hopefully next game is better

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Nothing really to say except that the Pats totally dominated us in the second half and were clearly the better team on the field for the last 30 minutes. Congats Pats fans (as hard as it is for me to post that). :cheers:

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Nothing really to say except that the Pats totally dominated us in the second half and were clearly the better team on the field for the last 30 minutes. Congats Pats fans (as hard as it is for me to post that). :cheers:

Thank you...
And I appreciate how hard it is to type those words.

Honestly, I was completely surprised by the second half.
When I saw the time of possession of the first half, I was thinking:
"Ohh crap... the Steelers get the ball first, and their defense has barely broke a sweat"

I wonder... was it a matter of too much pre-game adrenaline? Did they stoke the fire too early, and ran outta fuel?

steelpride12
12-09-2007, 06:28 PM
No excuses hear our defense gave up after the trick play and after that the game was yours! You were the better team and got the W!

PantsB
12-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for stopping by

Looking forward to playing the Pats again in January

As opposed to the 30 degrees it was tonight?

Stillers33
12-09-2007, 06:31 PM
man do i fn hate the pats......can't wait to whoop them in the playoffs we r gonna learn from our mistakes and comeback

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 06:31 PM
You will admit with this offense you would prefer to play your home games in a dome in January?:smile:

Ehhh... no.
:wave:

I trust the Pats short passing style to shore up the running game.

Let's leave the dome play for the meat-cutter.

Hines0wnz
12-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Please keep merging these Mods.

19ward86
12-09-2007, 06:40 PM
honk honk the leader of the wagoneers is passing by. c ya in the playoffs.

SteelCurtain
12-09-2007, 06:45 PM
the defense didn't show up in the second half, enough said....

Mosca
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
As much as pros downplay the bulletin board talk, I think it did fire up the Pats. Emotion is an extra edge. Your guys got inside our guys' heads, and we lost our cool; it showed in the last 8 minutes or so, when our guys got out of hand. Our D let your guys get in a rhythm that couldn't be broken. There was never any question that your team is stacked and ours is just good; there's no reason to give up the emotional edge that our guys could have claimed as disrespected underdogs. The Pats are proud and have played most of the year with a serious emotional burn that had flagged lately; the burn was back today.

We were still in it until we failed on 4th and goal. That was a screwy play call, but it would have worked if they'd run it properly. We would have still had a long way to go, but it would have been a more exciting ending!

See you in January!

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 07:50 PM
See you in January!

I certainly hope so.

I'd love to spend the late game of the divisional round watching the Steelers gelding the Colts.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Ehhh... no.
:wave:

I trust the Pats short passing style to shore up the running game.

Let's leave the dome play for the meat-cutter.

Interesting comment for a fan of a team that has become the 2003 Colts on offense

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
As opposed to the 30 degrees it was tonight?

I said cold and wet

At least some trolls can read.

I will put you on my ignore list but it appears your ignorance already got you whacked.

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I will put you on my ignore list but it appears your ignorance already got you whacked.

Yep, as I said in another thread, this board needed an enema.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I said cold and wet

At least some trolls can read.

I will put you on my ignore list but it appears your ignorance already got you whacked.:sofunny:Yep, as I said in another thread, this board needed an enema.:sofunny:

these trolls will try to convince anybody that it is always 70 degrees in boston in january.

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey, BTW, this was Bill Belichick's 100th regular season victory.

X-Terminator
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Yep, as I said in another thread, this board needed an enema.

Thanks for that. :cheers: My ignore list had already gotten to be rather crowded with those idiots leaving their crap all over this forum.

Snerdly
12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Interesting comment for a fan of a team that has become the 2003 Colts on offense

Umm actually, we are what the 2003 Colts wished they could be.
And the stats back me up.

And there is an underlying reason that the Patriots have morphed into a 'Colts Style' offense... because Bill Polian bytched and moaned like my ex-wife and changed the very nature of the game...

Pv$$yfing it, AFAIC.

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
And the stats back me up.

And there is an underlying reason that the Patriots have morphed into a 'Colts Style' offense... because Bill Polian bytched and moaned like my ex-wife and changed the very nature of the game...

Pv$$yfing it, AFAIC.

We've heard enough of your chest-thumping as well.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM

I'm sorry - has the Super Bowl been played already?

Sorry i missed it this year

Steel Pit
12-09-2007, 10:27 PM

You totally dominated time of possession, and that defensive recovery from that fluke punt for a turnover was huge...

I was sure that this game would go down to the wire. (still confident that my Pats would pull it out, mind you ;-)

What happenned you ask? What about the Patriots weak a$$ defense? The Steelers lined up and played a traditional style of offense. They put a hat on a hat and pushed the Patriots up and down the field. Although they didn't cash it in as often as they should have, they still dominated the physical part of the game.

Here's my take on what happened to the Steelers defense. The Steelers prepared for a physical style of game. They were caught off guard when the Patsies decided to change their game plan to a Coward-A$$, trick play using, spread your defense style of offense.

The Patriots knew that they would lose a physical style of game against the Steelers so they decided to play the brand of football that only a coward would choose to play. Gimmick plays, 4 and 5 WR sets, WR's running out of bounds prior to being hit. what a bunch of Pansies.

Hey punk, when these 2 teams meet in January, it will be a different game.

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey, BTW, this was Bill Belichick's 100th regular season victory.just 100? :toofunny: he'll be 100 years old before he gets to 200.

4xSBChamps
12-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Honestly, I was completely surprised by the second half.
When I saw the time of possession of the first half, I was thinking:
"Ohh crap... the Steelers get the ball first, and their defense has barely broke a sweat"
I watchd the 1st half at a sports-bar, and I believe it was Cowher, who during half-time said:

"the 1st possession's of this half will be critical, will set the tone of the 2nd half, and Pittsburgh receives the ball....."

when the Stillers went 'ballet' to start the half, and the Pats threw the flea-flicker, the Stillers went flat, and Cowher's words proved prophetic.

Although I'd like to see the Stillers get another crack at the Patriots with #43 physically able to play, I don't see how we could beat them, 'specially at Foxboro, with it all on the line for the Patriots and their attempt at immortality.....

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-10-2007, 06:07 AM
I'm not going to blow smoke up your butt either, Steelers fans, you're simply a very overrated football team.

Your pathetic..you actually act like your overweight ass was in the field....

The truth is ...the Steelers were not picked to go anywhere this year..so making the playoffs is all good.
BUT...the Pats are called the "Best Team Ever" from ESPN sound-byte football illiterates like you..and anything SHORT of a Superbowl victory will be a dissapointment.
So keep talking your "bandwagon junping" rhetoric and be ready to pull out the Colts Jacket you bought LAST year.

FAB802
12-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Most Patsie fans don't even realize they had a team before the tuck rule. Some of them will go back to the Celtics and Sawx after they lose in the playoffs.

susielr
12-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey, BTW, this was Bill Belichick's 100th regular season victory.

With or without a camera?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-11-2007, 08:07 AM
With or without a camera?

:toofunny:

SuzyPeppercorn
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
:toofunny:

lol

Rhee Rhee
12-12-2007, 06:41 PM

who do u think u are? 5 superbowls.... 20+ Hall of Famers.... a team thats respected.... and a fanbase that actually cares about the team instead of drowning themselves in clamchowder... ya a-hole

SteelersJW
12-12-2007, 07:03 PM
F|_|Ck the Patriots

therocksteeler
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Attention Steeler fans:
Remember the hype and how everyone thought 2005 was the Colts year? Not taking anything away from the Pats win. But there was a game in 2005 were we were beaten pretty bad by the Colts. We went to 8-8 and everyone doubted our team would make it to the playoffs. So, no more smoke blowing in undesireable places, .......patience..........

"Revenge is a dish best served cold!"
William Shakespear

:tt03: