PDA

View Full Version : Good news from the loss!

steelpride12
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok yes we lost and by alot, but we played a very good game on most aspects of the ball.
1.Ben had a great game with 69% of completions with one TD and no INT's!
2.Parker goes over 100 yards on the night looking very strong
3.The o-line has a B+ day only giving up 2 sacks, but making wholes for Parker.
4.The defense causes pressure, but not enough for Brady
5.ST still lacking shortly

If we would have played any other team we would have had an easy victory!
I guess it just shows the pats abilities!?

SteelDogFan
12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Agree

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't like the way the D packed it in after the trick play. We were still in the game at that point.

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, there were a few positives, but the very simple truth is this. . . .

The Pats played 60 minutes of football while the Steelers played 30. Can't do that and expect to win no matter who the opponent is.

therocksteeler
12-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I agree afer trick play we should have gave them more!

The Duke
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Parker now leads the league in rushing yards too I believe

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
One potential mental edge for any potential rematch will be Troy starting in place of you know who at safety and the D drawing strength from that..

It was a butt whipping but ask yourself this - did you think the Steelers would win twice this year in Foxborough?

Remember 2005 and the Colts

Paul Pyrch
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
[B]lYou can try to put a positive spin on the game but in my estimation, we didn't belong on the same field. Some personal observations on the slaughter:
1. We had the momentum right from the beginning, but due to poor play calling, we had to settle for a field goal. NE was charged up and came down the field for an immediate TD. Brady and Moss made us look like patsies!
2. Where were our safties in this game?
3. As usual, Vrabel killed us. He's constantly making us pay for not keeping him and seeing his potential when we had him.
4. I have never seen any QB get rid of the ball as quick as Brady does.
5. They didn't have to run the ball at all. Where was our pass defense?
6. We needed to knock Brady on his a---, but we couldn't do it.

X-Terminator
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
I believe we've also clinched a playoff berth despite the loss, so that is good as well. At least, that's what it said on the ticker after the game.

RunWillieRun
12-09-2007, 07:34 PM
One potential mental edge for any potential rematch will be Troy starting in place of you know who at safety and the D drawing strength from that..

It was a butt whipping but ask yourself this - did you think the Steelers would win twice this year in Foxborough?

Remember 2005 and the Colts

Great point!

We were just scouting today for our trip in January!

PatsRule
I don't like the way the D packed it in after the trick play. We were still in the game at that point.

pathetic you got owned

19ward86
offense had a great game i just wish i would of seen more press coverage instead of being 10 yards off!!! what is that about we do it every game.

aburdell
12-09-2007, 07:36 PM
We looked good and if we can score some touchdowns its even better. I am really getting pissed off with the playcalling by Bruce Arians. Parker and Najeh are running all over the Pats, and several times after a great 20 yard run we would pass it three times in a row then have to punt. That is just stupid. Our goal line play calling is terrible as well. We are not the Patriots, we can't throw for every touchdown. He needs to change his calls or We need to change our coordinater.

steveironcity
12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
[B]lYou can try to put a positive spin on the game but in my estimation, we didn't belong on the same field. Some personal observations on the slaughter:
1. We had the momentum right from the beginning, but due to poor play calling, we had to settle for a field goal. NE was charged up and came down the field for an immediate TD. Brady and Moss made us look like patsies!
3. As usual, Vrabel killed us. He's constantly making us pay for not keeping him and seeing his potential when we had him.

Good Anaylisis. I see you are from Ambrdige, My dads from there , Beaver road.

Edman
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
We learned one thing: The Steelers are not far behind the Patriots. We learned this team can hang with this group. Unfortunately, as HTG said, The Pats played 60 minutes, the Steelers played 30. Ben was great, and Willie Parker FINALLY broke 100.

It took a TRICK PLAY for New England to break away from Pittsburgh for good.

We'll get them again in the playoffs, mark my words.

steveironcity
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
pathetic you got owned

Go to bed so you dont miss the school bus troll

PatsRule
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Ok yes we lost and by alot, but we played a very good game on most aspects of the ball.

Pathetic...you got wont deal

Crushzilla
12-09-2007, 07:40 PM

1. Agreed. Those missed opportunities to punch it in killed us. Settling for field goals has been an issue all season, but you have to take what you can I suppose.
2. Getting destroyed. They were certainly making it a point to make Anthony Smith look like a total jackass. The difference between the Patriots against the Eagles and Ravens and against us is that the two former teams were guarding against the deep ball. We, obviously, were biting on everything. The safeties were missing assignments.
3. I doubt he's that pissed about going to a team where he continues to wrack up Super Bowl rings, he's a great player, he's always solid.
4. He's a hell of a quarterback. We got a lot more pressure on him than I've seen a lot of teams get, but it didn't seem to matter in the end.
5. Our pass defense was overmatched. Period.
6. I saw something quite different. They were getting pressure, hurrying throws, and knocking him down a lot, but not sacking him.

X-Terminator
12-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Can someone please explain to me why this PatsRule retard hasn't been canned yet?

Crushzilla
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM

That makes a lot of sense you illiterate troll.

Edman
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Moral victories set aside, the Steelers got their butts whipped tonight.

The Patriots made plays, they did not.

steveironcity
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Its sad all These Pats trolls come out of nowhere when they win. Sad reflection

Borski
12-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Thats right, we got wont deal. you guys get got deal. now go away

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Have another beer.......with an arsenic chaser, please. :flap::wink02:

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 07:47 PM
I appreciate the bright outlook, but the fact is the Steelers were totally dominated in the 2nd hafl. I thought they played a great first half. Second half, the Steelers were out played in ever facet of the game. I think they can win the second time around, but for now it's just time to swallow the medicine and concentrate on getting better.

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
pathetic you got owned

Doesn't change the fact that you're a trolling little prick. :coffee:

steveironcity
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM

You have to be 21 to have a beer

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 07:50 PM
By the way, I thought it was interesting that Cowher said at half time the first two drives would decide the game. If I remember right, the steeler got 1 first and punted and the patriots drove the field and scored.

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I appreciate the bright outlook, but the fact is the Steelers were totally dominated in the 2nd hafl. I thought they played a great first half. Second half, the Steelers were out played in ever facet of the game. I think they can win the second time around, but for now it's just time to swallow the medicine and concentrate on getting better.

i am sure tomlin will fix the mistakes that were made in the second half. but this stills sucks as i hate the pats. and i would pay anyone's fine for taking brady out..

the defense didnt play to their potential and that trick played killed them.

so now we can sit back and watch the 24 hour long brady press conference and here how wonderful they are :banging:

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Ban Nigel again!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I agree afer trick play we should have gave them more!

Could someone please explain to me why that wasn't an incomplete pass?

Steeldude
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM

BR did not have a "great" game. how can you say he had a great game when he missed open WRs constantly? this is not to say BR had a bad game by any means.

parker going over a hundred yards is meaningless. sure it's nice, but not a factor at all. the pats were content with the steelers running the ball.

the O-line gets a D. did you watch the game? how many hurries and knockdowns allowed? parker was getting hit on plays right after he received the handoff.

the defense was complacent. the only player i saw running around all game was harrison. the steelers add pressure but give the WRs 5 to 8 yards cushions. let's see, brady does a 3 step drop for a quick pass and the steelers DBs lineup deep to help him out.

what was with the steelers' defenders laughing it up with the pats in the 2nd half? it was like they didn't care at all.

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
You have to be 21 to have a beer

Were you 21 when you had your first beer? I sure wasn't - LOL! :cheers:

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 08:25 PM

they said it was a lateral i believe b/c i was screaming the darn thing.... in fact i got so peed that i threw my remote control at the tv. and you know its the pats... everything is legal for them :wink02:

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Doesn't change the fact that you're a trolling little prick. :coffee:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/Troll-XING.jpg

GBMelBlount
12-09-2007, 08:27 PM
If we are going to beat these guys in the playoffs we need more pressure.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2007, 08:27 PM

A pass thrown behind the LOS is a lateral. It was a perfectly legal play.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-09-2007, 08:28 PM
they said it was a lateral i believe b/c i was screaming the darn thing.... in fact i got so peed that i threw my remote control at the tv. and you know its the pats... everything is legal for them :wink02:

I too thought about chucking my remote at the TV but I couldn't see ruining a perfectly good 50 inch Panaisonic Plasma for the bargain basement price of $1399 after only having it for a week :wink02:

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I too thought about chucking my remote at the TV but I couldn't see ruining a perfectly good 50 inch Panaisonic Plasma for the bargain basement price of $1399 after only having it for a week :wink02:

well yeah i cant blame you there.... at least my aim is so bad i missed the tv and hit the wall..:flap:. now if my son had thrown it.. it would have been a strike right down the middle and i would be on my way to buy a new one..lol..

revefsreleets
12-09-2007, 08:33 PM
This is pretty funny. I think I actually read someone saying that Arians is an idiot because he threw 3 times in a row instead of running?!?!

This wasn't a bad loss to take. The team learned some things from it.

Denver? No. We are the better team. Arizona? No. We should have beat them by 10 points. The Jets? We should have crushed them. The Pats? They're pretty good. They aren't nearly as great are they are being hyped, and this game really showed that. They were fired up for this one, and they played their best game of the year. We played better on the road then we did against all the other aforementioned shitty teams, but we lost to them, too.

The Pats are not invincible. I PRAY we get them again in January in Foxboro.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2007, 08:35 PM
The Pats are not invincible. I PRAY we get them again in January in Foxboro.

Agreed - the Pats are today's greatest show on turf but if they get a playoff game with "tuck rule" weather let's see how that goes.

That defense can be had.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-09-2007, 08:38 PM
At least the running game seemed to get back on track against the Patsies although the real test will probably be next week against the Jags.

ShutDown24
12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
pathetic you got owned

Danny Boy?
12-09-2007, 08:43 PM

So ya got that goin' for ya!

ShutDown24
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
So ya got that goin' for ya!

revefsreleets
12-09-2007, 08:52 PM
It goes around, pats fans....but it also comes back around. It's one thing to disrespect the Dolphins who haven't done anything in 30 years, or the Bills, who, at best, are good at losing Super Bowls. Or the Jets who are the biggest underachievers of all.

But when BB ran up the score today by going for it on 4th down up by double digits when a FG would have sealed it, he disrespected the one franchise in the NFL who can consistently hold a grudge and pay it back. The fact that you band***** fans don't get it is indicative of your inexperience and lack of sense of history.

The Steelers will pay the Pats back. It may not be this year. It may not be next year. In fact, the Pats may not even be winning games and most of you will have moved on to cheer for other frontrunning teams. But it will happen. I hope it happens while this current batch of bandwagoners is still on board the Patriots.

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Even though he is a Troll, and we don't like hearing it from someone outside of our own little family, I do have to agree with him. We were owned in this game (at least in the second half)...

I will say that I am happy about only one thing after this game... we are officially "under the radar" again!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI