PDA

View Full Version : Who gets your losing game ball?

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Anthony Smith....for me.... go fishing in the Ohio,Allegheny... And shut your G--Dam mouth next time your playing a championship team.....

This really is on you....not our defense ( u suk ) and not on Big Ben and the offense...

Can u guys tell how pissed off I am ?

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Anthony Smith....for me.... go fishing in the Ohio,Allegheny... And shut your G--Dam mouth next time your playing a championship team.....

This really is on you....not our defense ( u suk ) and not on Big Ben and the offense...

Can u guys tell how pissed off I am ?

Anthony Smith blew his coverage, not once, but twice that was incredibly visible, but why are you putting the blame solely on him? The entire game was frustrating. We played well in the first half, and things fell apart in the third quarter. Our offense that did nothing in the second half, and it wasn't Smith that blew coverage on Wes Welker over and over. Simply put, out defensive staff wasn't flexible, and when Bellicheat and Fairy Tom (props to HTG :smile:) came out in the second half and, predictably, started to tear about our defense from the first half, we didn't adjust at all.

I don't understand how great defensive masterminds like LeBeau and Tony Dungy simply cannot wrap their head around the fact that Maroney is garbage and sitting in a dime package the entire game isn't losing you any ground, provided you have at least one other db to bring in as a freshener. Stick your fastest corner on Welker, your most physical/tall on Moss with help from an athletic safety, and ignore Stallworth because he's garbage. Frustrating!

Do I "blame" any side of the ball? Offense didn't complete in the second half until under 5 mins and 21 points to go, defense came up short in the second half and let big plays happen for 60 minutes, special teams blew tackles and caused a turnover, and even our coaching remained rigid and seemed to lack any sense of fire. To make matters worse, we looked as undisciplined as the Ravens and got in near-fights twice, and a punch was actually thrown once. The Steelers not only played poorly, they let their emotions run wild and made Tomlin look as inept at controlling his team as Billick.

Now, after dissing the hell out of our lovely Steelers, I'm putting it behind me :coffee: We need to focus on the Jaguars and try for the #2 seed. If we get the #3, then we need to focus on what will probably be a physical game against the Jaguars in round 1, followed by an incredibly technical, discipline-dependent game in round 2, and finally a combination against the Colts in the championship game. We can play physical, we can play technical, and we can sure as hell do both at the same time. We just need Tomlin to lay down the law and the players to have a little more self-control. We're 9-4, but there's no reason we can't finish 12-4. Take it one game at a time (after predicting us in the AFC championship, I know :flap:) and we'll be golden. Our season isn't over, the sky isn't falling, and Pittsburgh wants one for the thumb.

Time to play some Steelers football :helmet:

Steeler in Carolina
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Anthony Smith blew his coverage, not once, but twice that was incredibly visible, but why are you putting the blame solely on him? The entire game was frustrating. We played well in the first half, and things fell apart in the third quarter. Our offense that did nothing in the second half, and it wasn't Smith that blew coverage on Wes Welker over and over. Simply put, out defensive staff wasn't flexible, and when Bellicheat and Fairy Tom (props to HTG :smile:) came out in the second half and, predictably, started to tear about our defense from the first half, we didn't adjust at all.

I don't understand how great defensive masterminds like LeBeau and Tony Dungy simply cannot wrap their head around the fact that Maroney is garbage and sitting in a dime package the entire game isn't losing you any ground, provided you have at least one other db to bring in as a freshener. Stick your fastest corner on Welker, your most physical/tall on Moss with help from an athletic safety, and ignore Stallworth because he's garbage. Frustrating!

Do I "blame" any side of the ball? Offense didn't complete in the second half until under 5 mins and 21 points to go, defense came up short in the second half and let big plays happen for 60 minutes, special teams blew tackles and caused a turnover, and even our coaching remained rigid and seemed to lack any sense of fire. To make matters worse, we looked as undisciplined as the Ravens and got in near-fights twice, and a punch was actually thrown once. The Steelers not only played poorly, they let their emotions run wild and made Tomlin look as inept at controlling his team as Billick.

Now, after dissing the hell out of our lovely Steelers, I'm putting it behind me :coffee: We need to focus on the Jaguars and try for the #2 seed. If we get the #3, then we need to focus on what will probably be a physical game against the Jaguars in round 1, followed by an incredibly technical, discipline-dependent game in round 2, and finally a combination against the Colts in the championship game. We can play physical, we can play technical, and we can sure as hell do both at the same time. We just need Tomlin to lay down the law and the players to have a little more self-control. We're 9-4, but there's no reason we can't finish 12-4. Take it one game at a time (after predicting us in the AFC championship, I know :flap:) and we'll be golden. Our season isn't over, the sky isn't falling, and Pittsburgh wants one for the thumb.

Time to play some Steelers football :helmet:

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
ryan clark gets my gameball. not because i think he was pure value for our team, but because he quickly became the essence of a steeler and we dont know if he will ever be able to play again.

hell, i dont even know if he was able to get on a plane to attend the funeral of his former teammate.

fans were looking to replace him before he even got a chance to prove himself.

on a day where a. smith is the goat, i would hope a gameball goes to clark for a speedy recovery along with some appreciation and long overdue recognition.

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 09:40 PM
The entire team for only playing one half of a football game.

therocksteeler
12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah I agree HTG.....very true! Was almost like someone turn a switch to "off" concerning our second half play. Hmmmm, interesting....

PalmerSteel
12-09-2007, 09:56 PM
it has to be without out a doubt anthony smith. ran his mouth and got juked several times by the run on a team that doesnt run the ball. thats high school crap. i hope his teammates kick his ass in to gear this week so he plays grown up ball and keeps his mouth shut. embaressing the way he played and acted.

slippy
12-09-2007, 10:01 PM
i've been an anthony smith fan from day one, but he got smoked this week. he got what he deserved.

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2007, 10:08 PM
it has to be without out a doubt anthony smith. ran his mouth and got juked several times by the run on a team that doesnt run the ball. thats high school crap. i hope his teammates kick his ass in to gear this week so he plays grown up ball and keeps his mouth shut. embaressing the way he played and acted.

NICE!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:08 PM
i've been an anthony smith fan from day one, but he got smoked this week. he got what he deserved.

You got that right.

It's just RIDICULOUS!

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
NICE!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Again thank you so much!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Edman
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
The whole team gets a lame ball for giving up in the second half.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
They get no ball from me.

steelpride12
12-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Ha Willie Parker gets my game balls for taking them stupid sleeves off and not fumbling!
No honestly the o-line only gave up 2 sacks and gave Parker holes!

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Ha Willie Parker gets my game balls for taking them stupid sleeves off and not fumbling!
No honestly the o-line only gave up 2 sacks and gave Parker holes!

On a lot of plays, they just didn't give Ben enough time to make key passes.

19ward86
12-09-2007, 10:44 PM
he will be gone after this season, i liked him at first but that game exploited his coverage weakness.

jjpro11
12-09-2007, 11:20 PM
he will be gone after this season, i liked him at first but that game exploited his coverage weakness.

be realistic... he's a second year player who has had a pretty good start to his career. you dont cut a guy for one game. thats just stupid.

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 11:25 PM
They get no ball from me.
good to see that you are keeping your ball steelman :wink02:

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2007, 11:41 PM
be realistic... he's a second year player who has had a pretty good start to his career. you dont cut a guy for one game. thats just stupid.

Anthony Smith is stupid for running his mouth and giving Brady a reason to play with a vengence....I would not shed any tears if #27 was cut and yacking w/ TO next summer

Dynasty
12-10-2007, 12:00 AM

It seemed like we cut Ricardo Coke-head for one bad game. I admit he isn't as talented or as good of a player as Smith is, but you can't say that one game won't get a player cut

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 12:04 AM
It seemed like we cut Ricardo Coke-head for one bad game. I admit he isn't as talented or as good of a player as Smith is, but you can't say that one game won't get a player cut

ricardo colclough never even came close to being a starter in his 3 full seasons here. it wasnt until his 4th season that we finally gave up on him. the cincy game was bad, but he never did anything to even warrant being on an nfl roster.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-10-2007, 12:53 AM
The entire team for only playing one half of a football game.

EXACTLY. EXACTLY.EXACTLY.EXACTLY.EXACTLY.EXACTLY.EXACTLY.EX ACTLY.

Simmons and Ike Taylor really looked hopeless.

Steeldude
12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
well anthony smith of course.

other mentionables are taylor, colon, carter, mahan, foote and farrior.

Crushzilla
12-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Anthony Smith won't be cut next season. He does have a tendency to be a bull in a china closet back there, but he's young.

If he is cut, it will be because he absolutely blew every game for us going down the stretch.

Young players need to learn lessons. If this had been a nine year vet who ran his mouth and then, appropriate, was destroyed on the field, that might be a different story.

True, Smith bit on the play action on the Moss TD and if the flea flicker had gone more smoothly it wouldn't have been nearly as close in the endzone.

The fact is, if Brady takes even a little mustard off that pass to Gaffney its an Anthony Smith INT, then this is a whole different conversation.

It didn't pan out that way. It is what is, but my point is he's going to be villianized this week. What have you done for me lately, Anthony Smith.

If the score is 17-16 Steelers next week going into a final Jacksonville drive and Anthony Smith intercepts a pass at the 50 yard line everyone who is hating today is going to be glad that Anthony Smith was on the field.

One bad game, and an even worse decision, isn't going to end this guy's career here.

I'm sure everyone was probably clamoring for his resignation when he knocked the face off of Houshmandzadeh... :coffee:

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

My gameball goes to Willie Parker. I still can't believe that they won't just give him the rock on the goal line. It blows my mind (and my fantasy team's productivity...)

eafratitpm3
12-10-2007, 03:19 AM
I give my lame ball to not being in press coverage so let's give it to Lebeau. The whole second half besides the trick play I can't remember any pass that went more than five yds and the Patriot receivers were running all over the secondary gaining huge chunks of yardage.