PDA

View Full Version : Changes to OL ?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2005, 12:44 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_385538.html

Coach Bill Cowher did not rule out making personnel changes on an offensive line that has struggled the past three games, including last Sunday in a 23-17 overtime home loss to the Jaguars. The Steelers managed just 73 rushing yards on 30 attempts, while allowing two sacks. First-year starter Max Starks is adjusting to the speed and power of the NFL game at right tackle. The top backup to Starks is 11-year vet Barrett Brooks.

Asked if he was disappointed in QB Tommy Maddox's post-game comments Sunday, Cowher answered quickly.
"I'm not involved with that," he said. "I addressed the team about the game on Monday. We have a 24-hour rule. I can tell you that I used all 24 hours. ... We have to move on."

Maddox voiced his displeasure with the crowd for booing and hinted that he didn't believe he had a bad game after Sunday's loss.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis forbade his team to do one-on-one interviews with out-of-town media this week, unless it is in person. WR Chad Johnson is scheduled to speak on a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters today.

Cowher said WR Hines Ward, who missed the Jags game with a hamstring injury, is improving.
"He's coming along fine. We'll monitor him this week and hopefully he'll be ready to go."

Sunday's game at Cincinnati features the NFL's highest-rated passers in the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger (123.8) and the Bengals' Carson Palmer (113.6).

The Steelers haven't lost consecutive games since Nov. 2, 2003, a span of 29 games. They'll attempt to win a club-record 10th consecutive road game Sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Im not quite sure I'd mess w/ it really.. I mean u cant really bench Smith, Faneca, or Hartings and gain anything..... and Starks seems to be coming along well.. I didnt really see Simmons as being anything that bad.. i think it just needs some tweaking and ironing out more than changes..

Koopa
10-19-2005, 12:58 AM
OMF'NG, did i just read that tommy maddox doesn't think he had a bad game? damn it i'm driving the 30 some hours to pittsburgh and kicking him in his nuts. anyway i don't know if i'd change the oline either, you gotta let them work it out and get used to playing with each other. hopfully they'll gel real soon

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2005, 01:24 AM
damn it i'm driving the 30 some hours to pittsburgh and kicking him in his nuts.

:rofl: :rofl:

rep points to you,that was hysterical !!

Prosdo
10-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Tommy Stats in the Jags Game
Passing: 11/28 for 154 yards
Sacks: 2
Interceptions: 3
Fumbles: 1
Touchdowns: 1

If this isn't playing a bad game. What does he consider a bad game???

Ambridge
10-19-2005, 09:27 AM
vFirst-year starter Max Starks is adjusting to the speed and power of the NFL game at right tackle. The top backup to Starks is 11-year vet Barrett Brooks.

I can't believe the Steelers waisted a roster spot by keeping Barrett Brooks around. He's the same joker who's false start penalty cost us a FG against the Pats.

Starks will be fine........he just going through the growing pains of being a starter and should improve as the season wears on.

Grey
10-19-2005, 11:53 AM
I don't see the right side as the major problem. I've watched the last few games a couple of times, and have been suprised to see Smith and Faneca being stood up a lot in their run blocking. Hartings hasn't been as dominant as he was last year either. Against the Jags, our most successful runs came to the right side, while many of the plays to the left went no where or for a loss.

But I do think that Starks is the week link in the pass protection.

Anyway, I think we all know that the ability of the O line is there, they just need a monster game to get it together.

NO MORE PENALTIES --- Mr. Smith.

Here we go.
Grey

TasmanianTroy271
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Aaron's penalty was crap, he didnt hit Leftwich on purpose, he was blocking the pass, and it wasnt even like Byron's head moved. Faneca will be fine, but I dunno about Hartings. He seems to be showing his age. Like someone said, he seems to get at least one holding call per game. I think we'll be taking a Center somewhere next draft. And we kept Barret Brooks because we needed a back-up lineman in case someone went down, and the Steelers are notoriously cheap.

And I'm still rooting for someone to give Kemoeatu a chance.

And Tommy Maddox will not be a Steeler in 2007 :blurp:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-19-2005, 03:47 PM
unfortuently tommys peformance rulled out any type of trade...