PDA

View Full Version : Consider This?

therocksteeler
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok we got beat tonight and the better team tonight won. However, is it just me or did you guys feel our Steeler's defense and offense lacked a sense of "need to score" tonight? Seemed like we were on automatic...ehh we win we win, ehh we lose we lose kinda attitude. If this be true was this a feeling out time for us you think concerning the Pats? I mean hey remember 2005 and INDY.

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't know if I totally agree with that, rock. I believe we got outplayed, outmaneuvered and outwitted by Beliprick, Brady and the Pats receivers. The Pats came out rarin' to go in the second half and one razzle-dazzle play and poof - the motivational tide shifted heavily in the Pats favor. That play was a total ball-buster for our D.

PisnNapalm
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
That play was identical to what we burned the Bungles with in the playoffs. Anthony Smith bit hard on it too. To his credit he almost got back in time to deny the play. About 1 foot short of knock it away.

I think AS's ego won't ever be a problem again.

Ahh well... 9 and 4 is ok I suppose. nah who am I kidding? I wanted to see us pound the Patsies into the turf. Guess we'll have to do it in the playoffs.

slippy
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
we got smoked by indy in 05; only in hindsight was it a scout mission. the way the postseason played out changed the perception of that game.

i do agree with you that, unlike the eagles and ravens, this was not our superbowl.; we were not able to sustain the hunger beyond the first half.

we are the third best team in the afc and are probably the third seed. the only hope is to TURN IT ON in the playoffs.

Michael Keller
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Honestly , the only consistency i see in this team is that they are consistently inconsistent. The defensive backs last week were terrific . This week we gave up too many big plays.

I think the difference is that Tom Brady is just that much better than any other QB. he has a terrific release and a great sense of timing. There is a part of me that thinks we can beat the Patriots in the play offs and there is a part of me that thinks we will lose 2 more games.

Are the Patriots that good that they collaborated and determined that they would make an ass of A Smith . They sure did make him look like a Feshman in college . I like the kid but he better humble himself and get his head in the film room.

Sharkissle29
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
this team has been lacking emotion lately which i believe has led to a lack of effort. i dont know what it is, but many of the players dont seem as fired up as they have been in the past. hopefully things will turn around, but we better be playing better football by playoff time or we are one and done.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Someone needs to step up. It will be a long finish at this rate

Let's look at the bright side guys the games that follow losses traditionally are followed by victories. Hopefully they keep up the history.

noto45
12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
this team is not the colts for godsake!!! no sense of urgency in the fourth quater at all???? I dont get that??? I am dissapointed in our performance tonight. I dont mind getting beat soundly but it looked like we had are head up are you know what in the second half. oh by the way the colts handed it to us from the get go in that game...and these are not the 05 colts

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:28 PM
this team is not the colts for godsake!!! no sense of urgency in the fourth quater at all???? I dont get that??? I am dissapointed in our performance tonight. I dont mind getting beat soundly but it looked like we had are head up are you know what in the second half. oh by the way the colts handed it to us from the get go in that game...and these are not the 05 colts

That's for sure.

19ward86
12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
i think you are right, there were moments where i thought we could of took some shots downfield and yet we didnt.

Eztarget
12-09-2007, 09:57 PM
After the second bomb you could clearly see the wind was gone in our sails. At some point in any game you play when you're getting spanked it's hard to keep that intesity up.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:57 PM
After the second bomb you could clearly see the wind was gone in our sails. At some point in any game you play when you're getting spanked it's hard to keep that intesity up.

Yeah and to get momentum back on your side.

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't think we're the best team now, but I still think we can grow to be the best team. We have the talent of the 2005 team, we just need the desire at the right time. I have no doubt we can beat the pats and colts, but we need the urgency and hunger. I don't feel that from this team yet.

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 10:11 PM
i agrre noto, no sense of urgency yet. I hope tomlin can bring that to the table. I love the level headed motivation, but when the time comes I hope he can bring this team to the next lever because the talent is there.

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 10:13 PM
i am sure that coach tomlin will get them there. i just feel like they had already had it in their minds that they really wasnt going to win this game in the first place especially after the long play to moss..

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
i am sure that coach tomlin will get them there. i just feel like they had already had it in their minds that they really wasnt going to win this game in the first place especially after the long play to moss..

We're in the same boat TMB.

Honestly Coach Tomlin should look to just find ways to convince them to have a short memory. Games like these happen. If you put games behind you and come out with an attitude to improve,(And do so) you'll win in this sport.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-09-2007, 11:00 PM
I didn't see the game at all. I worked tonight, plus I live in Cleveland so the Browns game woulda been on anyways.

From the sounds of it, we got lit up and the offense had no real urgency in them.

If we come away from this game wanting to improve, and if we come away with an idea of how to stop the Patriots in the playoffs...then we come away from this game with something very positive.

If we come away from this game feeling down and out, then we mise well not show up in the playoffs, because we won't make it past the divisional round (if we get through the wild card).

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 05:38 AM
We're in the same boat TMB.

Honestly Coach Tomlin should look to just find ways to convince them to have a short memory. Games like these happen. If you put games behind you and come out with an attitude to improve,(And do so) you'll win in this sport.

Oh No, steelman. we are thinking alike.... (is that good or bad:wink02:)

i am sure coach tomlin will have alot to say in his news on monday. i am sure they will put this game behind them and think about the jax game. i hope our dmen can figure out a way to stop jones-drew.that dude is a fast little ..... (insert word here..lol).

FAB802
12-10-2007, 06:52 AM
1. Tom Brady, as good as he is gets too much credit for this game. The two long touchdown passes could have been completed by Andre Ware. Our safety bit on runs when they weren't trying to run the ball. The rest of the game he dumped the ball short because our DC didn't adjust and make the corners press. On Welker's touchdown they needed two yards and our corner was nearly five yards deep in the end zone?

2. Our OC is the worst in football bar none. What do you do when you're pounding the ball at will? Get cute on the first drive of the second half and stall the biggest drive of the game. When we need a yard and a half in the forth quarter what do you do? A pass to an injured receiver and a reverse to a receiver when they can't stop the run? Until he's gone this team will go nowhere.

3. IF we get the opportunity to play them again we can beat them. Nothing I saw today, regardless of the score leads me to believe otherwise. Although the two big plays obviously count, those won't happen come January. We control our own destiny as far as getting in the playoff's. Because of the tiebreaker we really have a two game lead on the Browns. If we can't finish with a record equal to theirs we don't deserve to be in the playoff's. Once you're in anything can happen.