PDA

View Full Version : Don't get too upset over this loss

FastWillieParker39
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Does this loss hurt? Yea it does, bad. But don't beat yourself over it. We got beat by possibly the best team ever and they were motivated....by Anthony Smith's mouth.

I think it was maybe a bit much to expect the Steelers to win this game. I know, I know I'll get blasted by that comment but the Patriots are just that good of a team. They have veteran players all around them and a great coach. While the Steelers have sort of a young team with a new coach. Plus the Patriots were sick and tired of hearing how they haven't been playing well the past two weeks. And also having one of our best players on the sidelines hurts as well. Put this loss behind us because we have a chance to get revenge in January.

Look at what this team has accomplished though. The D is great, the offense is pretty good and there's a good chance we'll win our own division. I think EVERYONE would've taken a division championship at the beginning of the year espically with a new coach and staff. This team isn't elite but it's a sure damn good one.

Put this loss behind you and look forward to a huge game next week with the Jags. A game that I think will really show if we'll atleast win one game in the playoffs, or be a one and done deal.

Edman
12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm sorry, I'll have a hard time letting this go.

Why can't the Steelers beat the Patriots? They have beaten us 5 out of 6 times now including playoffs. This game was beyond embarrassing.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Good to see someone is moving on like me. :jammin:

steelpride12
12-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Nice to see a head up in the Steeler crowd and im right there with ya dude next week we come out and fight like there is no tom. and smack those little kitties right in the mouth!

ShutDown24
12-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Of course you are right. Dwelling on it is pointless. It was a regular season loss. We know better than any team out there the difference between the playoffs and regular season. Just get in is what I say. Very rarely are teams remembered for big regular season wins, it is those games versus the Colts (05 playoffs) that are the all time greats. Like I said, just get into the race... It doesn't have to be pretty but once you've made it into the playoffs anything can happen.

Eztarget
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Take away those two bombs and it's a 17-13 game. Yeah I know they were part of the game but if we have our two starting safeties in the game (and not some big mouthed idiot) maybe it's a different result.

We WERE moving the ball on them both through the air and on the ground (Parker 124 yds). BECAUSE of those two bombs the Patriots pretty much KNEW we were going to throw it as well.

All I'm saying is if we get a lead on them with our starting safeties it COULD be different. Imagine a game in January with BAD weather and suddenly Brady and the air game are completely different.

Yes a lot has to fall into place, but SOMEONE can beat the Patriots.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah so next week.

Since when did Jaguars become cars?

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Take away those two bombs and it's a 17-13 game. Yeah I know they were part of the game but if we have our two starting safeties in the game maybe it's a different result.

We WERE moving the ball on them both through the air and on the ground (Parker 124 yds). BECAUSE of those two bombs the Patriots pretty much KNEW we were going to throw it as well.

All I'm saying is if we get a lead on them with our starting safeties it COULD be different. Imagine a game in January with BAD weather and suddenly Brady and the air game are completely different.

Yes a lot has to fall into place, but SOMEONE can beat the Patriots.

AND! If The two FG drives were TD's, they would win.

19ward86
12-09-2007, 09:48 PM
i didnt have a problem with us losing and i dont think the players thought they were even going to win. ill take the division crown and maybe another backdoor soup bowl victory.

Eztarget
12-09-2007, 09:50 PM
AND! If The two FG drives were TD's, they would win.

I'm realistic, the Pats won it's that simple. I'm just saying it could be a different game if we get another shot at them.

Back in 2005 I predicted on this very board after the Indy loss that we would beat them on the way to the Superbowl. People said I was nuts but we it came true.

I'm sick of hearing about how the Jags are going to destroy us ...

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
i didnt have a problem with us losing and i dont think the players thought they were even going to win. ill take the division crown and maybe another backdoor soup bowl victory.

Which game would you rather win anyway. Playoffs or Regular Season?

SmashMouthSteelerFan
12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey in a way I'm glad we lost because look at 2004!! We were 15-1 regular season and beat the Pats only to get beaten at home in the playoffs!!! I say "LET'S RETURN THE FAVOR"!!! We'll give them this game gladly, it gives them confidence, gives us fuel and the rest is history!!

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey in a way I'm glad we lost because look at 2004!! We were 15-1 regular season and beat the Pats only to get beaten at home in the playoffs!!! I say "LET'S RETURN THE FAVOR"!!! We'll give them this game gladly, it gives them confidence, gives us fuel and the rest is history!!

Yeah well, sometimes you have to live by this ditka quote

forget about the past, live in the present, and don't think about the future.

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 09:59 PM
This loss doesn't really bother me. I still think the defense played rather well. I would have liked to see some more pressure on the qb. I would have like to see our line play a little better.

As for the pats being the best team ever, you have to be kidding. Yeah, there good but come on. that's ridiculous. And anthony smiths statement had nothing to do with the loss either. the steelers just need to grow a little more. i like there chances much better next time around.

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
i get upset over every loss. but this one just sucks b/c now we are going to be stuck seeing and hearing the media lick bradys nuts..

i would love it if we could kick their butts in the playoffs. their dmen are old and we needed to keep them on the field longer and get them tired.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM
i get upset over every loss. but this one just sucks b/c now we are going to be stuck seeing and hearing the media lick bradys nuts..

i would love it if we could kick their butts in the playoffs. their dmen are old and we needed to keep them on the field longer and get them tired.

That's the one thing we couldn't keep up in the 2nd half to.

slippy
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM
wasn't it only two years ago in 05 when the undefeated colts were "unstoppable" and "possibly the best team ever". the sense of history among the media is beyond comment.

i expected a loss, but still disappointed with the second half. the broncos and jets losses hurt all week.

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 10:11 PM
That's the one thing we couldn't keep up in the 2nd half to.

yes and it sucked.:banging:

jjpro11
12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
i almost expected a loss.. if not this week then next week or after that to the rams.. we would go into one of those games overconfident after beating the pats and lose.. thats just the way this season has gone. hopefully we will bounce back after getting embarrassed and take it out on the jags. for the record, the jets loss was far worse.. i was still pissed about it the entire week after.

HometownGal
12-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm over this loss and I'm not going to beat the Anthony Smith dead horse. Time to look forward to next week's matchup with the Jags and taking the AFCN.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm over this loss and I'm not going to beat the Anthony Smith dead horse. Time to look forward to next week's matchup with the Jags and taking the AFCN.

Keepin the faith Mar. :jammin:

TackleMeBen
12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
you mean like this??? http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/horse.gif

vegassteeler
12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't think I can get over this loss anytime soon. We have the talent to win every game, so I think we should win every game. I also believe Smith should never be allowed to open his mouth ever again. Why would he give a team like the Patriots bulletin board material. The veterans on the Steelers should have real long talk with him. They will win their division, and probably play the Browns in the first playoff game. And everybody knows we own the Browns.

NV STEELERS 723
12-09-2007, 10:56 PM

weLL...i'M NOT OVER THE LOSS AND i CAN'T SLEEP RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF IT....AND I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP BEATING ANTHONY SMITH WITH A DEAD HORSE!!!! HE SUCKS!!! WHO IS HIS BACK-UP??????? I BET HE WON'T RUN HIS MOUTH, AND JUKE INT'S OUT OF BOUNDS....HE'S A POS !!!!!!!!
:poop::poop::poop:

getyourhustleon14
12-10-2007, 12:14 AM
this loss sucked...

but im not totally bummed out like when they lost to the Jets, Broncos, or Cards...

i dont get to see many Steelers games since im located here in Texas...

but, i know the Steelers will win the AFC North

and make a Super Bowl Run

Galax Steeler
12-10-2007, 03:54 AM
No need to sit and worry about this lose the patriots is a great football team.

eafratitpm3
12-10-2007, 04:50 AM
The loss was embarassing because Marsha basically picked our D apart like it was 32nd in the league. That's the frustrating part!

shevdog
12-10-2007, 07:58 AM
This loss does hurt, yet the game that really counts is in the post season. Let the hype continue with the Patsies. You'll have enough pissed off teams in the post season that the Patriots will be marked.

I wasn't too impressed by the Patriots yesterday. Steelers didn't have their "A" game. Still it disturbs me how many yards in the air they had against us. That is the big thing we need to tighten up for next time. Other than that, they sucked on the run game. And if we were clicking on offense a bit better, as in execution, we'd had them.

Anyhow, 3 more games until the post season. Let's get 2 more wins next week and wrap up the division.

X-Terminator
12-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Some of you guys really need to get a grip on reality, and understand that FOOTBALL IS NOT REAL LIFE. It should have absolutely NO effect on your day-to-day life. PERIOD. The sooner you all realize that, the better off you will be. Not being able to get over losses? Give me a break!

Jman
12-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm really shocked at some of the comments being posted in response to this game. If you expected the Steelers to win, then you have expected the Steelers to play all of their cards.

Do you really think the Steelers lost because they weren't good enough? Turn off your Belicheat press conference and come back to reality!!

The Patriots pulled out everything (including trick plays) in order to come up with the win. Tell me what the Steelers did different in this game? Besides the Hines Ward attempted sneak to the end zone...and you think that isn't strategic? I think the Steelers played smart, keeping everything they have tucked away for the post-season...

I shrug it off and simply reflect back on the Colts game in 05. We got beat there when it didn't count (oh, and they were undefeated too by the way), and then when it did, we were the ones with the W.

I don't know... For me... I think the Steelers got a lot of great TAPE to use for the next match-up. :)

PatsFan2003
12-10-2007, 08:28 AM
I guess it's good to look fo rthe silver lining but people have to remember that the Patriots can adjust too. So while you'll be looking for the flea flicker again, maybe they'll try something else in the playoffs. The best news overall is that this didn't happen in the playoffs. The playoffs is a new deck of cards...

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 08:30 AM
one thing is forsure they definately can watch the film and learn alot.

geo123
12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
We got spanked. We were outplayed at every part of the game including coaching.

If they plan on winning a rematch EVERYONE has to improve their play!!

Jman
12-10-2007, 08:37 AM
The playoffs is a new deck of cards...

You said it, not me. Perhaps you are correct that the Pats have different things, but you also cannot deny that the Steelers didn't do anything special to try and win. They were aggressive, but that doesn't constitute as "special."

Remember Pats fans, in the playoffs, its 60 minutes to keep your season alive. If Steelers kept it quiet today, I'm good with it...The silence will be broken in the playoffs.

Jman
12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
We got spanked. We were outplayed at every part of the game including coaching. If they plan on winning a rematch EVERYONE has to improve their play!!

:coffee:

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
We got spanked. We were outplayed at every part of the game including coaching.

That's an understatement. Belichick and his staff demolished us in the coaching department. Total dominance.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Since I spent the day on the couch trying to keep my stomach where it's supposed to be, I wasn't real vocal or as animated as I usually am for a game. That being said, I was very pleased at how well we played the first half of the game how focused Ben stayed. It seems they were told at halftime, that if it wasn't broke, don't fix it and the Pats adjusted to our game and proceeded to beat the snot out of us. I'd like to know what Marsha said to Anthony Smith.....and don't ya just love how James Harrison stood up for him!

Game over, movin' on to the fairweather Jags in nasty muddy Heinz Field........gotta love that, too! Here's to winning the division and getting a chance to pay back the Nasty Patsys!

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Since I spent the day on the couch trying to keep my stomach where it's supposed to be, I wasn't real coval or as animated as I usually am for a game. That being sais, I was very pleased at how well we played the first half of the game how focused Ben stayed. It seems they were told that if it wasn't broke, don't fix it and the Pats adjusted to our game and proceeded to beat the snot out of us. I'd like to know what Marsha said to Anthony Smith.....and don't ya just love how Harrison stood up for him!

Game over, movin' on to the fairweather Jags in nasty muddy Heinz Field........gotta love that, too! Here's to winning the division and getting a chance to pay back the Nasty Patsys!

Only if you're an ignorant yinzer.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 08:42 AM

Yep.....and proud of it, too.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Yep.....and proud of it, too.

I hope that all works out for you someday.

Counselor
12-10-2007, 08:56 AM

What's your problem? That was a rude and ignorant thing to say.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Jeremy - please knock off the shiznit, k? No one is happy about the Steelers loss yesterday, but that was YESTERDAY and it's in the past. We have a huge game against Jax to get ready for this week!

revefsreleets
12-10-2007, 08:59 AM

You haven't mey Jeremy yet? He's a lot of fun, in the same way a plague of ebola is a laugh riot. He makes Debbie Downer look like Happy the Clown. And if you disagree with him, he'll inform you that you have no class and put you on ignore.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Since I spent the day on the couch trying to keep my stomach where it's supposed to be, I wasn't real vocal or as animated as I usually am for a game. That being said, I was very pleased at how well we played the first half of the game how focused Ben stayed. It seems they were told at halftime, that if it wasn't broke, don't fix it and the Pats adjusted to our game and proceeded to beat the snot out of us. I'd like to know what Marsha said to Anthony Smith.....and don't ya just love how James Harrison stood up for him!

AMEN Stillers. Best post in this thread thus far. :cheers:

P.S. I'm an ignorant yinzer, too. :thumbsup:

P.S.S. Hope you're feeling better.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:02 AM

Ignorant? Ignorant is being proud of that crap the Steelers call a field these days.

Counselor
12-10-2007, 09:02 AM
You haven't mey Jeremy yet? He's a lot of fun, in the same way a plague of ebola is a laugh riot. He makes Debbie Downer look like Happy the Clown. And if you disagree with him, he'll inform you that you have no class and put you on ignore.

Got it! thanks for the heads up!

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:06 AM
weLL...i'M NOT OVER THE LOSS AND i CAN'T SLEEP RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF IT....AND I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP BEATING ANTHONY SMITH WITH A DEAD HORSE!!!! HE SUCKS!!! WHO IS HIS BACK-UP??????? I BET HE WON'T RUN HIS MOUTH, AND JUKE INT'S OUT OF BOUNDS....HE'S A POS !!!!!!!!
:poop::poop::poop:

WOW NV - calm down will ya? It's the Steelers 4th loss out of 13 games and a game I believe most Steelers fans hoped we would win, but had strong doubts about. Time to move ahead and put that game where it belongs - in the past.

Jman
12-10-2007, 09:09 AM
:coffee:

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:10 AM
So now I can't even defend myself on the boards huh?

I see how it is HTG.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:13 AM
So now I can't even defend myself on the boards huh?

I see how it is HTG.

You threw the first dart, Jeremy. I politely asked you to knock it off with the callous remarks.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:14 AM
You threw the first dart, Jeremy. I politely asked you to knock it off with the callous remarks.

And revs gets away with more of his bullshit. Typical for this board.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:17 AM
And revs gets away with more of his bullshit. Typical for this board.

Jeremy - you are usually a good poster until you start with all of the negative bullshiznit after a loss. So what - we lost to a team that played 60 minutes of football as opposed to our 30? Look ahead, not behind. Your blood pressure will thank you for it. :wink02::wink02:

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Jeremy - you are usually a good poster until you start with all of the negative bullshiznit after a loss. So what - we lost to a team that played 60 minutes of football as opposed to our 30? Look ahead, not behind. Your blood pressure will thank you for it. :wink02::wink02:

Ok......looking ahead.

Jacksonville.......loss. (The Jags have the Steelers number even when they're bad and they're not bad this year)

Rams......win.

Ravens......win.

Playoffs.......maybe a Wild Card Weekend win and then it's back to waiting for March Madness to start.

Crushzilla
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Ok......looking ahead.

Jacksonville.......loss. (The Jags have the Steelers number even when they're bad and they're not bad this year)

Rams......win.

Ravens......win.

Playoffs.......maybe a Wild Card Weekend win and then it's back to waiting for March Madness to start.

Thanks.

Now I don't need to burden myself with watching the rest of the season.

Can you get me any predictions on the lottery, tonight?

Ya. Its frustrating that a team with this much potential just shuts it off sometimes, but the record is what the record is, and that's a winning one.

Teams lose games.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks.

Now I don't need to burden myself with watching the rest of the season.

Can you get me any predictions on the lottery, tonight?

Ya. Its frustrating that a team with this much potential just shuts it off sometimes, but the record is what the record is, and that's a winning one.

Teams lose games.

They didn't shut anything off. The only guy I saw out there last night mailing it in during the second half was Saint Ben, but I'm used to him half-assing it by now. Everyone outside of the QB gave every last bit of what they had right up until the final gun. The coaching staff shut it off at halftime and that's why I'm so damn angry this morning. If the coaching staff can't get it together soon, we might not even get to see a playoff win.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:33 AM
They didn't shut anything off. The only guy I saw out there last night mailing it in during the second half was Saint Ben, but I'm used to him half-assing it by now. Everyone outside of the QB gave every last bit of what they had right up until the final gun. The coaching staff shut it off at halftime and that's why I'm so damn angry this morning. If the coaching staff can't get it together soon, we might not even get to see a playoff win.

I totally disagree with your assessment of Ben's performance yesterday and I'm going to leave it at that. Believe me - I don't have black and gold colored glasses on, but I think the guy didn't play all that badly.

If we don't see a playoff win - so what? It's not the end of the world. A coaching staff can lead the horses to water but can't make 'em drink, Jeremy. Simply put, the Steelers O just didn't execute when they had opportunities in the first half to do so and the Steelers D laid down after the Brady/Moss flea flicker. Granted - I wasn't thrilled with some of the playcalling, but I considered this loss a team loss all the way around.

I love our Steelers as much as anyone, but we were dominated in the second half by the best team in the NFL right now (that was very hard for me to type that). Anyone who thought the Pats were going to lay down and die in the second half of that game yesterday needs a huge reality check.

PatsFan2003
12-10-2007, 09:34 AM
You said it, not me. Perhaps you are correct that the Pats have different things, but you also cannot deny that the Steelers didn't do anything special to try and win. They were aggressive, but that doesn't constitute as "special."

Remember Pats fans, in the playoffs, its 60 minutes to keep your season alive. If Steelers kept it quiet today, I'm good with it...The silence will be broken in the playoffs.

I think they gave them what they had. If you think the Steelers pulled back after the first half when the score was 17-14, then you're fooling yourself. They wanted this win bad enough.

I'm sure having Polomalu in the secondary would help a lot but the Pats still moved the ball very well in the second half and nullfied the blitz packages...

Can the Steelers win in Foxboro in the playoffs? Of course they can, so can the Colts but it nice to see the Patriots team we have been used to.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I totally disagree with your assessment of Ben's performance yesterday and I'm going to leave it at that. Believe me - I don't have black and gold colored glasses on, but I think the guy didn't play all that badly.

If we don't see a playoff win - so what? It's not the end of the world. A coaching staff can lead the horses to water but can't make 'em drink, Jeremy. Simply put, the Steelers O just didn't execute when they had opportunities in the first half to do so and the Steelers D laid down after the Brady/Moss flea flicker. Granted - I wasn't thrilled with some of the playcalling, but I considered this loss a team loss all the way around.

I love our Steelers as much as anyone, but we were dominated in the second half by the best team in the NFL right now (that was very hard for me to type that). Anyone who thought the Pats were going to lay down and die in the second half of that game yesterday needs a huge reality check.

That's right, it's all the players fault. :blah:

HometownGal
I think they gave them what they had. If you think the Steelers pulled back after the first half when the score was 17-14, then you're fooling yourself. They wanted this win bad enough.

Sure they wanted this win badly, 2003, but that one play - the flea flicker - was like a huge kick in the nads to the Steelers D. After that one play, they lost their fire, imho.

Believe me - this isn't the Steelers D we are used to seeing at all.

TackleMeBen
last time i checked ben wasnt the only player on this team. so you cant blame the loss totally on him. the defense wasnt there and the oline has had problems all year. why all this negativity??? yes i hated that we lost.. but at least we lost to the best team in the nfl... the other 3 losses we have we shouldnt have.

ben cant win the game by himself. although some people think he probably can b/c he is god, but it takes a team that means defense and offense.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Sure they wanted this win badly, 2003, but that one play - the flea flicker - was like a huge kick in the nads to the Steelers D. After that one play, they lost their fire, imho.

Is that a veiled Polomalu excuse?

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:42 AM
last time i checked ben wasnt the only player on this team. so you cant blame the loss totally on him. the defense wasnt there and the oline has had problems all year. why all this negativity??? yes i hated that we lost.. but at least we lost to the best team in the nfl... the other 3 losses we have we shouldnt have.

ben cant win the game by himself. although some people think he probably can b/c he is god, but it takes a team that means defense and offense.

Because nobody here wants to blame anyone for the loss. All I see is excuse after excuse for what was an all around pathetic performance by the Steelers.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 09:45 AM
why does there have to be blame??? we lost. get over it and move on to the next game. if you want blame then blame the whole team not just one or two players, and the coaching staff, hell blame the front office if you must.. but you need to chill with all the negativity.

i dont think i was making excuses.. the defense was very sub-par and even ben said it himself that they have to score tds instead of fgs in the red zone. i think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed....

dont worry be happy man:tt02:

Crushzilla
12-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Because nobody here wants to blame anyone for the loss. All I see is excuse after excuse for what was an all around pathetic performance by the Steelers.

I see people blaming. They are blaming the entire team, Jeremy.

It isn't one person's fault, its not Tomlin, Arians, Smith, Ben, Willie's fault.

They lost because the team couldn't step it up.

Its probably easier to swallow when there is a scapegoat, but I don't see just one here.

PatsFan2003
12-10-2007, 09:46 AM

There was plenty of game left. The Pittsburgh offense was certainly moving the ball. Was the stop at the goal line after the flea-flicker? I think that's when the Steelers shut it down. I guess the Steelers saw the hand writing on the wall and said "no mas".

I was surprised that the Steelers didn't try to barrel it in on the 4th and goal. The first run by Ward was great but going to the well again wasn't the best play imo. Of course a TD there would have just made it a 2 score game. The Patriot D was playing much better too. Not like their championship years but good enough to win against the better teams.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:46 AM
*NM*

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I see people blaming. They are blaming the entire team, Jeremy.

It isn't one person's fault, its not Tomlin, Arians, Smith, Ben, Willie's fault.

They lost because the team couldn't step it up.

Its probably easier to swallow when there is a scapegoat, but I don't see just one here.

It's hard for a team to step up when the coaching staff stayed in the locker room after half time.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 09:50 AM
yes its a serious question. you have done nothing but complained about how ben gave up and he isnt this or that.. as i stated before. he cant do it by himself. i agree the team sucked. i stated that many times in other post about this game. and no one is saying that it didnt happen, but dude chill out.. you are going to have a heart attack over a football game.. i was so pissed that i threw my remote. but i am not going to put the blame all on ben. last time i checked he didnt play defense and the defense was the one that gave up the big long plays..

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Is that a veiled Polomalu excuse?

No, not at all. It's just how I see it. :flap:

I look at this loss as a team loss. No one person or unit responsible. We played and lost to the best in the business right now, as hard as it is for some of us to swallow. We could analyze and Monday morning QB until the cows come home (or the Bungles see the playoffs again, but I'd bank on the cows coming home first - LOL!) but in the end, the truth hurts. The Steelers played a 30 minute game and lost to the better team on that field yesterday. Period.

Jeremy
yes its a serious question. you have done nothing but complained about how ben gave up and he isnt this or that.. as i stated before. he cant do it by himself. i agree the team sucked. i stated that many times in other post about this game. and no one is saying that it didnt happen, but dude chill out.. you are going to have a heart attack over a football game.. i was so pissed that i threw my remote. but i am not going to put the blame all on ben. last time i checked he didnt play defense and the defense was the one that gave up the big long plays..

Fair enough. But we all know that the next time the Steelers win, this board will say Saint Ben had a great game even if he didn't because for whatever reason, this board loves Saint Ben and Fall Down Willie.

Crushzilla
It's hard for a team to step up when the coaching staff stayed in the locker room after half time.

That is resoundingly untrue, sir. I saw them standing there. :chuckle:

So is the life of a coach. When the team loses they get blasted. Team wins it was because the players executed, not the coaching.

I can deal with losing a regular season game. I'm going to save my misdirected hostility for something a little bit more... permanent.

Its lunch time :yummy:

verks36
12-10-2007, 09:53 AM
its not about the loss but more about the way we lossed

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:53 AM
I refuse to blame the team (outside of Smith and Saint Ben) when the coaching staff was totally outclassed over the last 30 minutes of that game. Give the team a better gameplan and I know the Steelers at least make a game of it, if not win it.

Cordlisberger
12-10-2007, 09:54 AM
The fact is we lost to the Patriots and I hate the Patriots, but so did 12 other teams we had the game in our grasp and got good footage for the playoffs keep your head Pitts fans its a loss its the NFL we will have a 2nd chance in the playoffs and thats the one I want to win anyway.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 09:57 AM

Fair enough. But we all know that the next time the Steelers win, this board will say Saint Ben had a great game even if he didn't because for whatever reason, this board loves Saint Ben and Fall Down Willie.

not i. if we win sunday against jax and ben plays bad i will say so. i am huge ben fan, but i will say when he sucks. i have always been that way with my teams.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 09:59 AM
And just where would this team be today without "Saint Ben"?

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 10:01 AM

If Batch were starting, and with this OL, probably about 6-7, if they're lucky.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 10:01 AM
still looking at maddox??? :thumbsup:

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:02 AM

You forgot "Fall Down Willie".

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
You forgot "Fall Down Willie".
maybe we can get tiki out of retirement to come and take willie's place??? lol:flap:

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
maybe we can get tiki out of retirement to come and take willie's place??? lol:flap:

Tiki in that backfield would be pretty awesome.

LadyVader
12-10-2007, 10:06 AM
The Steelers IMO wouldn't have this good a record this season if it wasn't for Ben he's having an oustanding year and he has brought the team back on several occasions. It was the big play that killed them yesterday and typical Patriots they resorted to a trick play w/moss to really rub it in, if they are SO fantastic they should leave the trickery alone and just line up and smash the ball but that's right they have NO running game.

Take Brady off that team and they are average at best.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
The Steelers IMO wouldn't have this good a record this season if it wasn't for Ben he's having an oustanding year and he has brought the team back on several occasions. It was the big play that killed them yesterday and typical Patriots they resorted to a trick play w/moss to really rub it in, if they are SO fantastic they should leave the trickery alone and just line up and smash the ball but that's right they have NO running game.

Take Brady off that team and they are average at best.

And where would the Steelers be without Saint Ben?

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 10:10 AM
they could have drafted alex smith in 05.....lol

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 10:11 AM
And where would the Steelers be without Saint Ben?

Like I said, 6-7 right now, if they're lucky.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Like I said, 6-7 right now, if they're lucky.

Exactly, so the take away Brady argument is just as bunk as you all say my arguments are.

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Exactly, so the take away Brady argument is just as bunk as you all say my arguments are.

Ummm, that means we'd be at LEAST 3 games worse in the standings, IMO (with Maddox or Korkie we'd be lucky to be 4-9 right now). You think they'd be 13-0 right now with Cassel under center, then, especially with no running game? I highly doubt it.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 10:15 AM
you seen what happen when bellycheat took brady out and put cassel in... the other team started to come back and he pulled cassel and put brady back in.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 10:15 AM

ummmmm......that was the point about your "Saint Ben " comment. :dang:

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Ummm, that means we'd be at LEAST 3 games worse in the standings, IMO (with Maddox or Korkie we'd be lucky to be 4-9 right now). You think they'd be 13-0 right now with Cassel under center, then, especially with no running game? I highly doubt it.

Nevermind. I was trying to say that you shouldn't rip Brady and the Pats when the Steelers would be just as bad off without Saint Ben.

FAB802
12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Fair enough. But we all know that the next time the Steelers win, this board will say Saint Ben had a great game even if he didn't because for whatever reason, this board loves Saint Ben and Fall Down Willie.[/QUOTE]

I don't come around here often, and I know EVERY board has a guy like you. Saint Ben is having a great season. The only quarterback playing better is Brady. Fall Down Willie is leading the conference in rushing and had over a hundred yards yesterday when he wasn't playing in a swamp. It isn't his fault our OC is remedial and gets cute when they can't stop the run. He had a couple bad fumbles last week in a game we won. I don't get people who claim to be fans calling out the best players on their team every time the team loses. It is possible for the other team to be better on a given day.

Our coordinators got schooled yesterday. Defensively all they had to do was make the corners play closer to the line and at least try and jam them to disrupt the patterns. We never even tried it. The touchdown to Welker was a joke. Offensively it's the same thing every game so it's a waste to comment on how inferior he is calling plays. The Jaguars aren't coming to our house and beating us with pretty much the entire season on the line. If they do we have no business representing our division in the playoffs anyways. I don't believe in making excuses, you play with the eleven guys you put on the field. Nothing I saw yesterday changes my opinion that we can beat them. We didn't execute, and left points on the board early. I wouldn't worry too much about a rematch as we'll have to beat Indy to get one.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM

I was joking. I think I'll keep Willie, thank you.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM

I don't come around here often, and I know EVERY board has a guy like you. Saint Ben is having a great season. The only quarterback playing better is Brady. Fall Down Willie is leading the conference in rushing and had over a hundred yards yesterday when he wasn't playing in a swamp. It isn't his fault our OC is remedial and gets cute when they can't stop the run. He had a couple bad fumbles last week in a game we won. I don't get people who claim to be fans calling out the best players on their team every time the team loses. It is possible for the other team to be better on a given day.

Our coordinators got schooled yesterday. Defensively all they had to do was make the corners play closer to the line and at least try and jam them to disrupt the patterns. We never even tried it. The touchdown to Welker was a joke. Offensively it's the same thing every game so it's a waste to comment on how inferior he is calling plays. The Jaguars aren't coming to our house and beating us with pretty much the entire season on the line. If they do we have no business representing our division in the playoffs anyways. I don't believe in making excuses, you play with the eleven guys you put on the field. Nothing I saw yesterday changes my opinion that we can beat them. We didn't execute, and left points on the board early. I wouldn't worry too much about a rematch as we'll have to beat Indy to get one.[/QUOTE]

And I guess every board has a guy who doesn't bother to read everything written huh. I have been calling out the coaches. I said that they didn't bother coaching after half time. And while I lay quite a bit of the blame on their shoulders, some of the blame also goes to the star players. The blame goes to them because to be star, you have to be able to step up when things aren't going your way. Saint Ben did not step up yesterday. One more time he showed that he doesn't belong in the same consersation as Manning, Brady, Romo, and Farve.

Oh, and if you think Saint Ben is playing better than Romo or Manning, you don't know what you're talking about.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I was joking. I think I'll keep Willie, thank you.

Whatever.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:34 AM

Our coordinators got schooled yesterday. Defensively all they had to do was make the corners play closer to the line and at least try and jam them to disrupt the patterns. We never even tried it. The touchdown to Welker was a joke. Offensively it's the same thing every game so it's a waste to comment on how inferior he is calling plays. The Jaguars aren't coming to our house and beating us with pretty much the entire season on the line. If they do we have no business representing our division in the playoffs anyways. I don't believe in making excuses, you play with the eleven guys you put on the field. Nothing I saw yesterday changes my opinion that we can beat them. We didn't execute, and left points on the board early. I wouldn't worry too much about a rematch as we'll have to beat Indy to get one.

http://windsormedia.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/applause.jpg

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:36 AM
http://windsormedia.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/applause.jpg

OK.......it's on now.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Nevermind. I was trying to say that you shouldn't rip Brady and the Pats when the Steelers would be just as bad off without Saint Ben.

Wow, Jeremy - you're on a roll today, aren't ya?

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if "Saint Ben" throws the winning TD pass against the Jags, you won't be able to climb back on that Roethlis-wagon fast enough.

P.S. Watch those steps - don't want you getting a boo boo. :wink02:

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
OK.......it's on now.

What's on? I thought the guy made a good post, that's all.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, Jeremy - you're on a roll today, aren't ya?

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if "Saint Ben" throws the winning TD pass against the Jags, you won't be able to climb back on that Roethlis-wagon fast enough.

:toofunny:

Hell will freeze over before I root for Saint Ben.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:44 AM

Let's lay it on the table here, Jeremy. What do you have against Ben? Inquiring minds want to know.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 10:45 AM

Maybe you'd better get that Colts jersey out of the closet now.

FAB802
12-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Jeremy I read the thread. Yes you question the coordinators and coaches. I am trying to figure out how Willie has anything to do with losing that game yesterday. Ben has had better games, but it isn't tough to defend us when we're down that far and you know what's coming. Manning threw six picks in a game this year, do you think the Colts fans wanted him replaced or started calling him Saint Peyton?

Brady's a stud yesterday because he got to throw three touchdown passes to guys who had nobody covering them, and because he could complete five yard passes to guys getting ten yard cushions. Sorry to tell you this, but Andre Ware could have completed both of those long touchdowns. On the Welker pass our DB was six yards deep in the end zone when there were only three yards to go for a touchdown. I'm sure Ben couldn't turn and throw to a receiver with no coverage. I'm not saying that Ben is better than Brady, all I'm saying is our defense made him look awful good yesterday with minimal effort. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That game yesterday was more about the way we attacked in the red zone and how our inexperienced safety bit on run fakes when those clowns can't run on a flag football team. If you think we lost that game because of Ben and Willie you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Let's lay it on the table here, Jeremy. What do you have against Ben? Inquiring minds want to know.

He's a prick.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:50 AM
He's a prick.

And why is he a prick? C'mon - you can do better that that.

P.S. I'm sure he'd say the same about you after reading this thread.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
He's a prick.

So is Manning and Brady. What does that have to do with playing football?

And I really fail to see where you get that impression. Ben NEVER EVER blames anybody but himself in a loss. He has never thrown his own teammates under the bus and always gives the credit to them when HE does great.

He also worked his tail off in the offseason to become a better QB, teammate, and leader. And it shows.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:53 AM
And why is he a prick? C'mon - you can do better that that.

My cousin and his 11 year old son went to training camp last year. Now my cousin's son had a serious case of hero worship with Saint Ben. The player were doing autographs when Saint Ben came along the line. My cousin's son asked the sainted one for an autograph. Instead of saying something semi-polite like "not now kid" or even "I'm busy" he looks this 11 year right in the eyes and says to him....

....."**** off kid, you don't have tits."

So yeah, he's a prick.

BS: I hope he does think I'm a prick because it takes one to know one.

And stillers.....he throws Cowher under the bus every chance he gets.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:55 AM
My cousin and his 11 year old son went to training camp last year. Now my cousin's son had a serious case of hero worship with Saint Ben. The player were doing autographs when Saint Ben came along the line. My cousin's son asked the sainted one for an autograph. Instead of saying something semi-polite like "not now kid" or even "I'm busy" he looks this 11 year right in the eyes and says to him....

So yeah, he's a prick.

I'm sorry - I call bullshit on this one, Jeremy. I've been to every TC since Ben has been with the team and he's never been anything but totally polite and a gentleman to every fan who has approached him.

PatsFan2003
12-10-2007, 10:55 AM

So yeah, he's a prick.

LOL. He didn't really say that did he?? Football players are so spoiled.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 10:56 AM

So yeah, he's a prick.

And you really expect anyone to believe that???

Nearly everything Ben does in his offtime charity work involves kids. If you want an autograph from Ben, put the and paper in a kids hands to get it.

You'll have to make up something better than that. You have lost what little credibility you had with me.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm sorry - I call bullshit on this one, Jeremy. I've been to every TC since Ben has been with the team and he's never been anything but totally polite and a gentleman to every fan who has approached him.

I figured as much. I didn't really expect any of the kool aid drinkers to believe me anyway.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:58 AM
And you really expect anyone to believe that???

Nearly everything Ben does in his offtime charity work involves kids. If you want an autograph from Ben, put the and paper in a kids hands to get it.

You'll have to make up something better than that. You have lost what little credibility you had with me.

I don't expect either you or HTG to believe it. You'be bought into the myth of this great guy when there are people out there who know the truth.

sherlock
12-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I`m a new NFL and Steeler fan,in fact yesterdays game was the first live game I`ve ever seen.
It`s a real education reading what all you guys and gals have to say about this game because at this moment in time I`m so naive about most things NFL.
Could it be that yesterday was just a bad day at the office for the Steelers?
Also Brady looks one hell of a player(credit where it`s due) and that he was the main difference between the two teams.
To my unknowledgeable eyes the Steelers looked awesome in the first quarter and took the game to the Pats on their own turf but seemed to loose the game in the third quarter.
Heads up:tt02:

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't expect either you or HTG to believe it. You'be bought into the myth of this great guy when there are people out there who know the truth.

Yeah - we do know the truth and that is there is no way - NONE - that Big Ben would EVER talk to a youngster like that. You were snow-jobbed, pal.

I also know the truth that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a much better football team with Ben behind center. That is a fact I think most Steelers fans out there and on this board would agree with.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
And stillers.....he throws Cowher under the bus every chance he gets.

And maybe it was Cowher that was the prick.

Ben has never been anything but gracious to his teammates. Cowher is gone. His choice. Get over it.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah - we do know the truth and that is there is no way - NONE - that Big Ben would EVER talk to a youngster like that. You were snow-jobbed, pal.

I also know the truth that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a much better football team with Ben behind center. That is a fact I think most Steelers fans out there and on this board would agree with.

So you're calling me a liar? And by extension you're calling my cousin, my aunt, and my uncle who all heard this exchange liars too?

Fine by me. He said it and it was heard by other people. You can choose to believe what you want, but the guy is a prick and hell will freeze over before I root for someone who talks to someone else's kids that way.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I`m a new NFL and Steeler fan,in fact yesterdays game was the first live game I`ve ever seen.
It`s a real education reading what all you guys and gals have to say about this game because at this moment in time I`m so naive about most things NFL.
Could it be that yesterday was just a bad day at the office for the Steelers?
Also Brady looks one hell of a player(credit where it`s due) and that he was the main difference between the two teams.
To my unknowledgeable eyes the Steelers looked awesome in the first quarter and took the game to the Pats on their own turf but seemed to loose the game in the third quarter.
Heads up:tt02:

Welcome to the Steelers Nation! And your observations are right on the money.

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
So you're calling me a liar? And by extension you're calling my cousin, my aunt, and my uncle who all heard this exchange liars too?

Fine by me. He said it and it was heard by other people. You can choose to believe what you want, but the guy is a prick and hell will freeze over before I root for someone who talks to someone else's kids that way.

Are you miserable like this every ****ing day?

Steeldude
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM

i don't care what BR says to any kid. he is here to play football and win games. he isn't playing QB for the steelers to sign autographs or take care of kids. it's not like he is taking drugs, beating his wife, raping women etc...

now of course i would prefer him to be polite to fans, but if he isn't, who really cares?

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM

I can't call you a liar because you were jobbed, bud. I've personally seen Ben with children of all ages and he has been nothing but gracious, polite and accommodating, even when besieged by fans shoving hundreds of things in his face to sign.

If this is true, which I will never believe it to be, why didn't your relatives call the Steelers and complain? Seems to be the right thing to do, I would think, if you are a good parent. I hardly think the Rooneys would put up with a player talking to anyone like that, much less a kid.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I can't call you a liar because you were jobbed, bud. I've personally seen Ben with children of all ages and he has been nothing but gracious, polite and accommodating, even when besieged by fans shoving hundreds of things in his face to sign.

If this is true, which I will never believe it to be, why didn't your relatives call the Steeles and complain? I hardly think the Rooneys would put up with a player talking to anyone like that, much less a kid.

They did. And they were offered a Saint Ben autograph which they laughingly turned down.

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I think Jeremy is making this crap up and using the infamous "relatives" excuse as the source. I don't think the biggest ass in the world would make a comment like that to a kid, let alone around tons of people at Steeler training camp. You would think those comments would have surfaced elsewhere, if true.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 11:16 AM
i don't care what BR says to any kid. he is here to play football and win games. he isn't playing QB for the steelers to sign autographs or take care of kids. it's not like he is taking drugs, beating his wife, raping women etc...

now of course i would prefer him to be polite to fans, but if he isn't, who really cares?

If I believed for even one second that one of our players would do something like that to a child, then yeah.........I'd care.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:16 AM
I think Jeremy is making this crap up and using the infamous "relatives" excuse as the source. I don't think the biggest ass in the world would make a comment like that to a kid, let alone around tons of people at Steeler training camp. You would think those comments would have surfaced elsewhere, if true.

And I think you're another one of the kool aid drinkers who will never believe anything negative about your "beloved" Steelers, so welcome to the ignore list. I have a feeling it isn't your first experience with it.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM

you know the media would have gotten a hold of something like that and had it all over the front page of the papers.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
you know the media would have gotten a hold of something like that and had it all over the front page of the papers.

Yeah I expect someone crushing on Saint Ben to believe me.

Do yourself a favor and go talk to a beat writer sometime. It can be for the Penguins, Pirates, or whoever you want. There are a lot of things that happen on a daily basis that never make it to the papers.

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
And I think you're another one of the kool aid drinkers who will never believe anything negative about your "beloved" Steelers, so welcome to the ignore list. I have a feeling it isn't your first experience with it.

This is my first day posting here because another board I use is currently down for maintenance....but you are without a doubt the biggest crybaby ***** I have ever seen. You make me laugh. Your miserable attitude has been pathetic to read this whole morning. Grow a spine you friggen' whiney miserable *****.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM

Nor yours.

This is the scenario.......it was 98? in the shade at training camp and Ben wasn't in the mood to stop and sign autographs. It does say on the website that the players are at no given time obligated to stop and do signings and that it's at their discretion. Ben headed straight to the locker room and and one of the bystanders made a smart remark like "sorry kid, you don't have tits" and the relative s thought they'd spin a good tale. Sorry.......try again. You've been had. :coffee:

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
They did. And they were offered a Saint Ben autograph which they laughingly turned down.

C'mon, Jeremy- you're a smart young man. You honestly don't believe that do you? :toofunny: Sounds to me like Junior didn't get an autograph because of the huge crowd around Ben at camp (which is the norm at every TC) and Ma and Pa were pissed off because they had to listen to him yammer all the way home. That is one of the most far-fetched stories I think I've ever read.

P.S. Earplugs or cranking up the car radio usually does the trick. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
This is my first day posting here because another board I use is currently down for maintenance....but you are without a doubt the biggest crybaby ***** I have ever seen. You make me laugh. Your miserable attitude has been pathetic to read this whole morning. Grow a spine you friggen' whiney miserable *****.

NIce 13th post. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Balls - please watch the language outside of the BF, k? Thanks.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
C'mon, Jeremy- you're a smart young man. You honestly don't believe that do you? :toofunny: Sounds to me like Junior didn't get an autograph because of the huge crowd around Ben at camp (which is the norm at every TC) and Ma and Pa were pissed off because they had to listen to him yammer all the way home. That is one of the most far-fetched stories I think I've ever read.

P.S. Earplugs or cranking up the car radio usually does the trick. :thumbsup:

Yeah I do, because to this day they still root for the guy. They wouldn't make shit up just to make shit up.

Like I said, believe what you want. But I know that people like you will never choose to believe anything negative about certain players. It doesn't bother me, just makes me glad I was able to get out of Western Pa before it happened to me.

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 11:26 AM
NIce 13th post. :thumbsup:

Watch it now....you might find yourself on Lord Jeremy's infamous "ignore list". Lord Jeremy the Miserable will have no one make rationale thoughts in his direction. You will be cast into the dungeon of the other ignorees on his list. Apparently he's a communist hidden in an air force uniform. Right Jeremy?

Jeremy
Balls - please watch the language outside of the BF, k? Thanks.

Oh no, let him go. I love it when a yinzer puts his ignorance on display.

stillers4me
Yeah I do, because to this day they still root for the guy. They wouldn't make shit up just to make shit up.

Like I said, believe what you want. But I know that people like you will never choose to believe anything negative about certain players. It doesn't bother me, just makes me glad I was able to get out of Western Pa before it happened to me.

Yeah.....those western Pa. values can be a real killer. :wink02:

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh no, let him go. I love it when a yinzer puts his ignorance on display.

Are you kidding me? Pot...meet kettle.

Holy cow...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Warrior
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
That's a pretty amazing story but I believe you because he said something similar to me, he said "sorry dude but you don't have tits".
:smoker:

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah.....those western Pa. values can be a real killer. :wink02:

It has nothing to do with values stillers. Those values I learned growing up still serve me well today. What I always had issue with is when athletes got special treatment. It happens in high school, college, and in the pros. If you're a good athlete there, you can get away with murder. I'll admit it's like that most places, but it's especially bad in Western Pa.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM

I think they did, but that's my opinion. Hey - you have to deal with them, not me.

I believe it is well documented around here for as long as I've been a member that while I am very much an optimist (and proud of it), I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I don't wear black and gold colored glasses, but I'm also not easily fooled. I've changed a lot of diapers in my day and when something smells like poo, it usually is poo.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:32 AM
That's good because I'm not trying to fool anyone. I've worked with some guys who come from his hometown and they've told me stories that I flat out don't believe. But this one rings true because my family made excuses for what he did and they still root hard for him to be successfull.

But I'm going to drop it now.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 11:34 AM
It has nothing to do with values stillers. Those values I learned growing up still serve me well today. What I always had issue with is when athletes got special treatment. It happens in high school, college, and in the pros. If you're a good athlete there, you can get away with murder. I'll admit it's like that most places, but it's especially bad in Western Pa.

Sorry.......I live in Cincinnati. When a Steeler gets caught buying alcohol for underage girls and the fanbase and the Rooneys gives him a complete pass, I'll buy into it.

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
:offtopic: :chuckle:

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
:offtopic: :chuckle:

just a little................. :sofunny:

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Jeremy is just mad because he didn't make the football team in high school. Apparently that swirly they gave him left a lasting scar.

"They get away with eveything, mommy!!!'

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Jeremy is just mad because he didn't make the football team in high school. Apparently that swirly they gave him left a lasting scar.

"They get away with eveything, mommy!!!'

Balls - c'mon - that's enough. Let's get this thread back on topic, please.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Balls - c'mon - that's enough. Let's get this thread back on topic, please.

I'd have been banned by now. :flap:

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM

You're still here, aren't you?

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
You're still here, aren't you?

I'm not acting like ballless over there.

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm not acting like ballless over there.

Yeah, sure you haven't been. You've called more than one poster here "ignorant" and "Kool-Aid drinker" in more than one thread this morning.

sherlock
12-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the Steelers Nation! And your observations are right on the money.

Hello stillers4me,
Just a quick message to thank you for your kind words regarding my erm observations on the Pats game!
I`m sooooooo new to the NFL and was somewhat daunted to add my little bit to the thread and I`m flattered that you don`t think I made a complete fool of myself:smile:

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah, sure you haven't been. You've called more than one poster here "ignorant" and "Kool-Aid drinker" in more than one thread this morning.

Kool ade drinker and ignorant are tame compared to vomit he's spewing at me. But like I said, it's cool. He can show his ass all he wants. I'm free and clear of that kind is simple minded garbage.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2007, 12:19 PM
05, very much the same feeling losing to the Colts.

Means nothing to me. It was a single skirmish in the battle that is the war called a Full Season.

Adjust, fix problems, move on, and conquer.

coachspeak33
12-10-2007, 01:16 PM
05, very much the same feeling losing to the Colts.

Means nothing to me. It was a single skirmish in the battle that is the war called a Full Season.

Adjust, fix problems, move on, and conquer.

Totally agree

coachspeak33
12-10-2007, 01:24 PM
The coaching staff might take some lemons (this loss) and make some lemonade (in the playoffs)

If we play them again in the postseason and Lebeau has DBs playing 10ds off WRs....i think i might go play in trafffic.....Why ??? cuz its just as fun & I probably would have more success dodgin moving vehicles than any teams set of DB's would have facing such a talented offensive bunch

Lebeau made great tactical adjustments when we got a 2nd chance at the NFLs last "unbeatable" team....maybe it will happen again

Also....if the patsies do go undefeated in the reg season and they ever find themselves in a dogfight come playoff time....they will feel a world of pressure on their shoulders (especially if the elements ever become a factor in Foxboro this winter.

In the span of one week in this league you can go from "the greatest team of all time" to goat-o-the-decade!!!!

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Can't deny it - you were awfully close a few hours ago. :flap:

theropodx
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
deleted by me.

SteelerFanInCA
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
No loss is easy to take. Take away those two big plays yesterday and we are still in it. Jacksonville's coming to town and we need to start worrying about them.

I still like our chances!!!

Cordlisberger
12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Jeremy,
Ok as far as Saint Ben goes, I have met the guy 3 times all all 3 times he stopped to take a picture one with myself once with my nephew and once with my girl 2 of those times in an airport. He has been nothing but kind to me and my friends. he signed autographs the whole deal I am proud to say we have him as a QB here and I will have to say you story is complete BS... but your a good story teller.

SocraticTruth
12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
:blah: You're a punk just like almost every other Pats fan I've encountered.

I'm a Pats fan. And MAYBE a punk...

But the reason I registered as a user on this forum was to congratulate Steelers fans on this site - as compared to other fans sites I've seen.

1) There's a pretty mature attitude by the posters - give credit where it's due, suck it up and look forward to playing and winning in the playoffs.
2) Not getting up in the tit-for-tat with Pats or other team's fans. It is hard when dealing with people talking cr@p.

Pats are fortunate to have a pretty good team, pretty good coaching, and things are going their way for now... That's football. But the real season starts in four weeks, with everybody equal.

Good job to the Steelers. Class team. And again, this forum is really refreshing - most threads and postings show great football fans. Good luck. Beat the Colts!

BTW, I'm one Pats fan that sees Smith's guarantee as just a young guy being sincere about what he believed. I think he really did think they'd get it done. Nothing wrong with that. It's the media that wants to build up the hype, and turn it into some big throw-down-the-gauntlet thing.

TackleMeBen
12-10-2007, 03:32 PM
BTW, I'm one Pats fan that sees Smith's guarantee as just a young guy being sincere about what he believed. I think he really did think they'd get it done. Nothing wrong with that. It's the media that wants to build up the hype, and turn it into some big throw-down-the-gauntlet thing.

exactly. the media just wanted something to talk about and get the pats fired up.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm a Pats fan. And MAYBE a punk...

But the reason I registered as a user on this forum was to congratulate Steelers fans on this site - as compared to other fans sites I've seen.

1) There's a pretty mature attitude by the posters - give credit where it's due, suck it up and look forward to playing and winning in the playoffs.
2) Not getting up in the tit-for-tat with Pats or other team's fans. It is hard when dealing with people talking cr@p.

Pats are fortunate to have a pretty good team, pretty good coaching, and things are going their way for now... That's football. But the real season starts in four weeks, with everybody equal.

Good job to the Steelers. Class team. And again, this forum is really refreshing - most threads and postings show great football fans. Good luck. Beat the Colts!

Kudos to you Socratic for the classy post - thank you. :cheers: There are a couple of Pats fans around here who are just like you and we appreciate the manner in which you have conducted yourselves both pre and post-game.

We aren't happy about yesterday's outcome, but it's time to put that game behind us and move forward! :thumbsup: Thanks again!

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
It was just one loss, of the 4 losses we have had to endure. the only positive is if we perform up to our best ability, we will see this team again and get a chance to do better.

Play the jags, stop their run toward the wild card, win the AFC north and get things fixed.

I heard today that teams that lose to the Pats, come back and lose the next week, 4-8 so far on the season after losing to the Pats. So don't think about it, don't dwell, don't care, all that matters is the Jags. That's it.

Stillers33
12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Which game would you rather win anyway. Playoffs or Regular Season?

playsoffs it counts alot more in the playoffs its do or die

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Jeremy,
Ok as far as Saint Ben goes, I have met the guy 3 times all all 3 times he stopped to take a picture one with myself once with my nephew and once with my girl 2 of those times in an airport. He has been nothing but kind to me and my friends. he signed autographs the whole deal I am proud to say we have him as a QB here and I will have to say you story is complete BS... but your a good story teller.

So because he was nice to you he can't possibly have been mean to anyone else? Nice logic there buddy. :wink02:

TheManOfSteel
12-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm sick of hearing about how the Jags are going to destroy us ...

Agree with that! Lets crush them kittens! :tt02:

Here kitty kitty kitty....

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Agree with that! Lets crush them kittens! :tt02:

Here kitty kitty kitty....

I just want a win against Jax. They're a damn good football team and even when they were bad, they had Pittsburgh's number. This game is going to be a fight. I hope the team is up for what's coming.

hellbread
12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
im just glad we are playing at home.

LVSteelersfan
12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Look, I am a diehard Steelers fan and always root for them to win. But you are all just blind if you think they are a Super Bowl caliber team this year. There are too many weaknesses that show up over and over and over. The O-line is not Super Bowl caliber period. Our damn special teams give up way too many yards. I watched Faneca just standing there looking back as Ben is getting sacked doing nothing more than once. And he is supposedly the best lineman the Steelers have. Have a reality check. Enjoy the fact that we are having had a fairly good season considering everything and enjoy watching maybe one win in the playoffs. The Steelers just are not good enough to go all the way this year.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Look, I am a diehard Steelers fan and always root for them to win. But you are all just blind if you think they are a Super Bowl caliber team this year. There are too many weaknesses that show up over and over and over. The O-line is not Super Bowl caliber period. Our damn special teams give up way too many yards. I watched Faneca just standing there looking back as Ben is getting sacked doing nothing more than once. And he is supposedly the best lineman the Steelers have. Have a reality check. Enjoy the fact that we are having had a fairly good season considering everything and enjoy watching maybe one win in the playoffs. The Steelers just are not good enough to go all the way this year.

I can't say that I disagree with you here, LV. I am happy where the Steelers are right now in Tomlin's first season as a HC, and though I am the eternal optimist, I'm also a realist. I don't expect them to get to the big game this season. They need some fresh blood in a couple of vital areas and hopefully they'll address this in the draft and FA.

P.S. I don't think the Pats are going to win the SB either. Just a gut feeling.

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM

our biggest problem is we cannot play a complete game on both sides of the ball and are way too inconsistent. the oline surprisingly played well yesterday... it was the defense that played like crap. previous weeks it has been the defense that has won us games to make up for a terrible oline. it sucks too because they played so well in the first half minus one big play.

the oline and special teams (minus one good return yesterday) have definitely improved over the past couple weeks.. i just hope that continues and we can get better consistency from this team.

LVSteelersfan
12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
P.S. I don't think the Pats are going to win the SB either. Just a gut feeling.

I have to agree with you on that one. They are not as almighty as the press is making them out to be. The Pats are suspect to a good running team and I think their linebackers are a little too slow to handle a good middle range passing attack. I personally think San Diego or Jacksonville could ambush them in their first game in the playoffs. Only time will tell what happens to the HATED ONES this year. I can't believe I was actually rooting for the Ravens to beat them. I HATE the Ravens. I guess that means I hate the Pats WORSE. :tt02:

Steeldude
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM
i am interested in seeing what tomlin does in the off-season and draft. he has his work cutout for him with the O-line situation.

he certainly needs to get a new ST coach.

is he all talk or can he actually coach and build a championship team?

Steel Pit
12-11-2007, 02:17 AM
I see that some of us continue to address the problems with the offensive line.

I'm trying to be a good fan here so I'll just say that all season long the Steelers have had offensive line protection issues. So with that in mind, here's my question.

Why in the flip do the Steelers keep sending in "play-action pass" plays? It's obvious to all that the o-line is only going to give Ben a very-limited amount of time to release the ball.

Here's my point. The Steelers first possession of the 2nd half. Willie breaks off a big run so it's now 1st and 10. The very next play Arians sends in a play-action pass that entailed Ben to #1 Fake a quick pass, #2 Fake a handoff to Wille, #3 Stand in the pocket and find an open receiver, the result, SACK! It's now 2nd and 18. In my opinion that play was the beginning of the end.

At times I like Arians play calling but it seems as if he has to get cute at least once every other series. These play action pass calls and WR reverses are consistently putting the Steelers behind the sticks. Man it seems as if he has taken the TOUGHNESS out of the Steelers offense.

The way things are going I'm waiting on Ben to take the snap from center, pull a 2nd football from underneath his jersey, begin juggling the 2 footballs, hand one football off to Willie, and then proclaim that Willie is carrying the fake ball while throwing deep to a wide open Holmes.

The Steelers offensive cuteness just isn't working. I would like to see a conventional type of offense ran about 98% of the game.