PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Pats, Steelers problems

SteelCity65
12-09-2007, 11:44 PM
You Might as well crown the media loved cheatsies sb XLII because nobody is going to beat them. There is no win situation in defending their O. If you double moss, they are going to get you underneath with walker and predator(stallworth).

Steelers problems:

Offense: Honestly how cant you get a TD on a terrible redzone D, well yeah they got one but that didnt cut it obviously. Bruce Arians has got to go his play calling is atrocious. Run the ball when your on the goal line! Mahan is as good as a high school center IMO.The Nate Washington bargain basement project is done, over with, finished,sealed, SEE YA NATE. We need to get some receivers that actually scare defenses or we are gonna be in trouble for many years to come, and we need to revamp that o-line STAT.

Defense: I have loved the way anthony smith has been playin but boyyy did he crap the bed today. We need some players in the secondary that are immature and don't do stupid stuff. Why didnt they give timmons a chance today to rush marsha? Our D was a bunch of choke artists and i wont be surprised if we lose to Jax.

IslandSteeler
12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
I said it in another thread. If the Steelers Oline can catch fire, we can run the table. If not I'll take the Colts to win it all. The patriots defense is really weak.

As for our problems. I think the o line is the biggest one. The defense is tops, just one off game, with a little bad luck. If Ike intercepts that first ball to Moss, The whole game changes.

jjpro11
12-09-2007, 11:55 PM
I said it in another thread. If the Steelers Oline can catch fire, we can run the table. If not I'll take the Colts to win it all. The patriots defense is really weak.

As for our problems. I think the o line is the biggest one. The defense is tops, just one off game, with a little bad luck. If Ike intercepts that first ball to Moss, The whole game changes.

the oline surprisingly played well today.. they opened up some nice holes for parker and gave ben good time to throw. it sucks that the reason we lost was because of our defense, which is supposed to be our strength and best in the league.

SteelCity65
12-09-2007, 11:57 PM
It still doenst matter we couldnt put the ball in the endzone and i have a feeling the steelers are gonna be one and done in the playoffs:jawdrop:

fansince'76
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
It still doenst matter we couldnt put the ball in the endzone and i have a feeling the steelers are gonna be one and done in the playoffs:jawdrop:

Would still beat the hell out of last year's train wreck, wouldn't it?

SteelCity65
12-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Yea of course, i honestly didnt think they would be 9-4 at the beginning of the season. All i gotta say is, tomlin was right when he said they are not even close to the measuring stick.

eafratitpm3
12-10-2007, 12:57 AM
I agree with all the O-Line talk but if the problem right now is finding a way to stop an offense that throws the majority of their passes with in 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. I understand they had about 3-4 big plays but that is just a discipline problem. I believe even without the big plays they would have nickel and dimed our D to death.

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
I've seen it here many times and I still don't get why better than last year is good enough. Seems we should aspire (and expect) greatness . Not just better than mediocre.

Well, if you expected a SB win this year with a rookie HC, that's your prerogative. Try trading places with a Browns fan, a Lions fan (if there are any), a Saints fan, a Cardinals fan (again, if there are any) for a couple years, and get back to me. Steelers fans are spoiled. Rotten.

eafratitpm3
12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
It is unbelieveable how badly we were beaten in the second half. Bottom line is our coaches didn't/couldn't come up with a second half game plan to beat the Pats. You come into a game with a plan but as the game goes on you are supposed to be able to adjust that plan to give yourself a chance to at least compete.

Edman
12-10-2007, 01:11 AM
What can I say? This game was just sickening.

We were right in it until that ridiculous trick play touchdown. That broke the Steelers' backs big time. It was NE all the way after that. It's like the whole team went to sleep in the second half.

Just another embarrassment handed to the Steelers at the hands of the Patriots.

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 01:22 AM
I suppose since I am a fan of a proven winner, I can now be glad they are losing. Makes great sense. I surely don't expect a SB win this year, but I do expect to be competitive in every game and have a hope that things could go further.

A 9-4 record is losing? The fact that we still are in the driver's seat in the division and for the number 3 seed with 3 games left means we have no shot? OK. Whatever. May I remind you we were picked by most "experts" to finish no higher than 3rd in the AFCN at the beginning of the season (finishing with a 7-9 record, if not worse)? Personally, I am thankful to have 9 wins already this season with the crap OL we have.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-10-2007, 01:26 AM
We could beat the CBS Patriots but we weren't. The CBS Patriots have plenty going for them.

The stats for Ben when he throws while getting clocked or slammed or pounded are freaking off the charts. I heard a stat that his success while having his head handed to him is triple over any other NFL QB. PROBLEM ANSWERED

Funny thing though is that the problems with our offensive line I guess aren't nearly as bad as the problems at CBS. Because when the President of CBS is g**ing h*** from the owner of the Patriots one could say it's going to be a "long pickin' season." OPINION RENDERED

Right now I'll take ANYONE over the Pats. Even the Cowboys.:banging:

fansince'76
12-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Right now I'll take ANYONE over the Pats. Even the Cowboys.:banging:

Neither the Cowboys or the Packers will be able to beat them. If the Pats get to the SB, they win against either of those teams big (or anybody else in the NFC for that matter) - I am thinking 50+ points for the Pats in a blowout.

Blitzburgh_Fever
12-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Neither the Cowboys or the Packers will be able to beat them. If the Pats get to the SB, they win against either of those teams big (or anybody else in the NFC for that matter) - I am thinking 50+ points for the Pats in a blowout.

I like the Cowboys chances. The Packers would get beat down, imo, because of Favre's gunslinger attitude -- the Patriots defense is far from stunning, but they will make you pay if you just throw it up, and Favre has a tendency to do just that. But Romo has that Steve Young / John Elway trickery to him to make something happen any play, a talent Big Ben also possesses. The biggest thing is they have a stud star deep threat in TO. I wouldn't trade Hines or Santonio for anyone, but a TO / Randy Moss guy is frightening.

I hope we keep this in mind when we play the Cowboys in the Super Bowl after handing Tommy boy his ass in January :tt02:

Galax Steeler
12-10-2007, 05:14 AM
We had alot of problems last night the biggest was the protection on ben they got pressure on him all night.
Then instead of trying to pound the ball at the one yard line they try pass and a trick play to ward instead of running davenport.