PDA

View Full Version : An Apology

Desmonthesis@gmail.com
12-10-2007, 02:12 AM
This will probably be my only post on the forum, seeing as how Patriots fans are hated universally around the internet, and I don't want to draw the continued ire of the fans of a very good football team. So here goes.

I want to apologize on behalf of all the idiot Patriot fans that came to this board and trolled following our victory today. REAL fans of a team have respect for their opponents, and such childish behavior is (or should be) beneath them. The Steelers are a good, solid, well-respected football team, and judging by the first half of today's game, I'd rather not have to face them again in January (although I think we eventually will have a rematch).

Big Ben is one hell of a quarterback, and Hines Ward is one of my favorite players (how I would love to see him in a Patriots uniform - but that's another story). I have a feeling that it wouldn't have been such a large margin of victory if Troy was in the game today. It was a good game, I was impressed by both teams, and I look forward to watching the rematch in January.

All the best
-A Patriots Fan that's sick of the bullshit.

Crushzilla
12-10-2007, 02:17 AM
I actually had you ready to ban when I saw where you were from and that you were creating a thread, I was waiting to see what gem the next Pats fan had coming. Sorry to jump to conclusions, but as you can see, my suspicious have been reinforced again and again.

Thank you for the respectable post. The first half of this game was very good. Unfortunately, the onslaught that ensued demoralized our defense.

This game certainly was the tale of two halves.

Its unfortunate that you are left to apologize for other members of your fanbase. Steelersfever certainly has room on its pages for fans like you, however.

:cheers:

The Duke
12-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks dude :cheers:

yeah, definitely some fans went over the top with their trolling. but I'm glad to see not all are like that.

like Crush said, you should stay in SF, good members are always welcome

ShutDown24
12-10-2007, 08:56 AM
That single pharagraph has more class in it than the rest of the Patriots fan base combined.

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2007, 09:02 AM
No need to apologize but thanks for the classy statement:cheers:

Every team has frontrunner fans who will chirp when times are good and then disappear once the winning stops.

revefsreleets
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM
The thing is, if they would have come over before the game, talked a little smack in the blast furnace, then come back after the game, it would have been at least acceptable. But they didn't.

Cheers to you, though. Here is my list of classy pats fans.
1. Desmonthesis

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Thank you for the classy post. It's refreshing to come across a Pats fan who isn't a pompous, arrogant turd. No need to apologize for the others - they've only reinforced why Pats fans are so universally hated and not respected.

Thanks again. :cheers:

Jman
12-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Class indeed.

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:26 AM
No apology needed. Steelers fans don't exactly lead the league in class these days.

Mosca
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks, but it's also part of the territory. There's no need to be ashamed of anyone. Poking at each other on the internet is a time honored football tradition, going back to the days of Pop Warner and the Gallopin' Ghost. Some day it will be our turn, and we'll act like idiots too.

X-Terminator
12-10-2007, 10:11 AM
It isn't going to change my opinion of the Pats and their fans one iota, but thanks for the apology anyway.