PDA

View Full Version : How Can You Possibly Stop the Patriots??

wiz1120
12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
quick question for you guys. people keep talking about halftime adjustments, but what can you do???? here is the scenario.

Welker is about as quick as anyone in the league. They have him in the slot, typically against one of our linebackers or against a zone. He gets open EVERY time, and the route is so quick, it doesn't matter if we blitz.
If we move a cornerback on him, we have Moss and Stallworth open.

If we drop back in coverage and try to stop the short routes, Tom Brady opens up the chest of the defense and performs open heart surgery.

If we blitz, Welker is open every time.

Not only this, our defense is taylored to stop the run first, pass second. The Pats didn't even try to run the ball on us!!!!

Have the Patriots created an unstoppable formula, or is there something I am missing?

p.s. it doesnt help that our special teams get absolutely destroyed everytime we play the pats.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Buy the best players in the league and throw them all on the field at the same time.

Honestly, they remind me of those movies where the machines get smarter as the movie goes along and they adjust to anything and everything that's thrown against them. I was disappointed in our defense. They failed to do the one thing that gets them.......rattle Brady.

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Why not bump Welker off the line and disrupt his route? They made no attempt at that yesterday. The dude is quick but he's not impervious to being blocked.

wiz1120
12-10-2007, 10:06 AM
alright i could see that, but that buys the rush another second maybe, we still cant get to Brady...

any other options?

BallsofSteel
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
The defensive gameplan we used against the Colts in the 2005 playoffs was a masterpiece. Was it even used yesterday?

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
You have to be able to get to Brady and get him out of his comfort zone. But you also have to know that at some point, the Pats will figure out what you're doing and change their scheme. That's the point where you need a coaching staff needs to be able to make up a Plan B right on the spot.

That's where the Pats have the advantage on just about everyone in the NFL right now. Their coaching staff is flexible enough to change their gameplan on the fly whereas everyone else keeps doing the same thing in hopes their talent wins out over the Patriots talent.

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Okay take away the two blown plays they scored on us deep. Then take back the muffed punt that bounced the wrong way, they scored there as well.

Take away those 21 popints and it is a tie game. There is your formula...

4xSBChamps
12-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Okay take away the two blown plays they scored on us deep. Then take back the muffed punt that bounced the wrong way, they scored there as well.

Take away those 21 popints and it is a tie game. There is your formula...

I don't recall the Pats scoring after the muffed-punt..... didn't they miss a FG?

It seemed when the Pats went into the shot-gun, Brady kept a RB on James Harrison's side, offering addition protection:
maybe the Stillers should've done the same to Vrable, who looked-like a Hall-of-Famer yesterday against our Tackles.
:dang:

The 'train-station defensive alignment' (walk-around aimlessly until the last-minute, then RUN into position ) seemed to confuse Brady at-times, but the Pats' big-play abilities sealed-the-deal:
the game reminded me very-much of SB XL, when Seattle played well-enough to THINK they could win, but couldn't make big-plays or turn the tide when it counted.

Instead of being like Weephawk fans, we should man-up, congratulate the Pats, and hope for a re-match with them in January, although I don't know what we could do differently (other-than NOT providing bulletin-board material and have a healthy #43 ready to suit-up )

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Run more. Convert on 4th and goal. Don't bite on play action. Blitz off the corners once in a while.

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Don't leave TDs on the field when you get inside the 25.

Run clock - long possessions while scoring +30

Pressure Brady - no QB likes it and he is no different. If you can hit him before they adjust their blocking it might make him like it even less

Do not have your safeties think run support on every play (sorry Anthony - that one is for you)

Minimize mistakes (penalties & turnovers) - see long possessions above

Ravens & Eagles had the plan, just not the QB

San Diego is out of the question - Steelers & Jax (D + Taylor) have a slim chance and the Colts a better one.

Dallas may have the beef to muscle that D.

Pray

dropKickMurphy
12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
This morning Brady was saying that the defenses that give him the most trouble are the ones that can get pressure on him without blitzing. That being the case, I think the Colts are really going to miss Freeney if/when the meet in the playoffs. Without Freeney, they're going to have a much tougher time getting pressure on him from the linemen.

He did say that Pittsburgh's blitzes are harder to read than most. He said the Pats take their best guess at which guys are coming (he said sometimes the body language gives it away) and block them. If they guess right, he knows where the open guy will be. If they guess wrong, he just tries to immediately get rid of the ball.

His ability to instantly recognize the situation is what allows him to burn teams when they do blitz.

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 02:30 PM
They failed to do the one thing that gets them.......rattle Brady.

The D rattled him pretty good in the first half but for whatever reason, stopped pressuring him in the second. If they had been consistent with getting in A$$ Chin's face, we may have seen a different outcome.

coachspeak33
12-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I found myself saying throughout last week..."I cant remember the last time we were double digit dogs"

After yesterday I find myself saying...."I cant remember the last time our coaching staff got so absolutely abused in the "adjustment game" at the half.

Bubble screen, bubble screen, bomb.
Bubble screen , bubble screen, WR drag.
Bubble screen, bomb bubble screen.

And every single one was defended by eight in the box....I know, I know, they were doing the cool standing around stuff....and the DBs were standing somewhere near the first down marker.

Memo to Defensive play caller.....You cant blitz a guy who is standing in the shotgun and then immediately throwing.

When the other team runs 57 plays....only 9 of which are running plays.....wouldnt it make sense to remove some of those defenders from the box????

The NFL is a copycat league....and if more teams become commited to throwing it 45 some odd times throughout the game.....My favorite D coordinator might finally be put out to pasture.

When he does go, however, they need to have a pressed and fitted gold jacket waiting for him in Canton. this guy has been cashing NFL issued checks for 5 decades.....WOW:jammin:

grahamburgher
12-10-2007, 02:42 PM
alright i could see that, but that buys the rush another second maybe, we still cant get to Brady...

any other options?

Seems like we should've adjusted and thrown in some man-up, bump coverage. He didn't have to make any decisions because the first read was there every time. I think that the disruption of taking away the primary would buy you more than a second, and even if it didn't, that might be all you need with a little 2-step drop. If we would've done that, they would probably counter with deeper drops, running plays, etc. And so goes the D vs. O chess match. The problem is that we never adjusted.. and so, neither did they... and the result is almost an entire half of (successful) passing offense with 2 token running plays.

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 04:49 PM
we got so damn worried about getting burnt long again, that we just gave them the short routes.. that kind of thing worked vs the seahawks, browns and bengals.. but it doesnt and never has worked against brady.

Stillers33
12-10-2007, 05:05 PM
knock out brady. its that easy who cares if you get a 15 yard penatly atleast hes out

PalmerSteel
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
knock out brady. its that easy who cares if you get a 15 yard penatly atleast hes out

lol thats great. can you imagine if we play them and we knock out brady the uproar that would bring if we would win. :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2007, 10:50 PM
lol thats great. can you imagine if we play them and we knock out brady the uproar that would bring if we would win. :tt02:

Whoever did it would get flagged and ejected under the new policy of immediate ejection for flagrant hits.

stillers4me
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Aren't we playing the Jag-offs this weekend? I believe our teams focus on next Sunday.

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 11:53 PM

we already had that happen vs the bengals.. and that was an accident. people still cant get over that. let some other team take out brady. if mangini really hates belichick enough, he would be the one to do it.

eafratitpm3
12-11-2007, 12:23 AM
DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
12-11-2007, 01:06 AM
:hunch:

set up a drug treatment rehab center in the endzone? sprinkle the field with oxycontins and extasy pills?

:sofunny:

in all seriousness the patriots were built through free agency to be able to out gun the colts with their newfound weapons at wr.

a team can do this. it is very easy to use free agency and the draft to try and get over the hump or obstacle a specific opponent presents. and its not just limited to offense.

just like the pats were built this year to contend with, and defeat, the offensive firepower of the colts, the steelers were defensively built to handle the offensive firepower of the colts, bengals, chargers, AND patriots.

the key to beating the patriots is really good talent, a good gameplan, and a healthy (experienced) roster.

does anyone think the patriots would have beat us with the 3 backups to moss, stallworth, and welker in the game if we had carter, polamalu, and townsend? of course not.

ive been excited about the "big quarter" package all year and all the wrinkles that could be thrown in.

i would take ike, deshea, mcfadden, smith, polamalu, and clark over any receiving unit in the nfl. this steelers defense was built to stop the best, run or pass.

since our "big quarter' package was nullified by injuries we were defending tom brady and the spread offense with the best talent we had left (our base 3-4 "okie" defense).

same old story we have always seen and one that tom bradys offense was designed to defeat.

bill belichick was a brown and obviously smart enough to realize that if you ever want to win a superbowl, you must always be prepared to defeat the steelers.

now the tides are turned. if you wanna win a sb, you must be prepared to beat the patriots.

i believe tomlin and the steelers had the pieces in place. they just so happend to not be available for this game. welker was shut out until townsend left the game. after that, welker went off. the patriots scouted, and try to hire townsend after the sb. they appreciate him (never made any guarantees to my knowledge) and knew where to attack once he was out. they arent dumb. they saw how he singled up tj douch... the week before.

tomlin and lebeau have got the blueprint to beat the pats. it just hasnt been seen. we may not see them in the playoffs, but by winning the division we guarantee ourselves a rematch (most likely on the road) next season.

atleast we dont have to face the jets again. :dang: (much worse loss)

stlrtruck
12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
To answer the initial question...

It's simple really. Look at the eagles and the ratbird games against the patriacheats. What did they do, that we didn't? They hit Moss, they hit everyone, and then they went after Brady and hit him too! It seems that every time we play the patriacheats they move into this max protect or semi-max protect formation that prevents our inside blitzes from ever sniffing brady. And yet, there seems to be no adjustment to this formation.

So IMHO, I would say mirror brady so he can't elude the pocket oh so well, hit the WRs early, often, and, as coach put it, violently - then unload on brady.

susielr
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I would have love to see Tom Brady play here with that muddy field we had on that Monday night game....he would have been crying because his hair and face would get dirty. PRETTY BOY!

4xSBChamps
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
To answer the initial question...

It's simple really. Look at the eagles and the ratbird games...... they hit Moss, they hit everyone..... hit the WRs early, often, and, as coach put it, violently.....
:cheers:

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Whoever did it would get flagged and ejected under the new policy of immediate ejection for flagrant hits.

i thought it was only for helmet to helmet hits? if not then put in some scrub to knock the hell out of brady and let him be the one ejected..lol..:flap:

pmanning
12-11-2007, 12:47 PM
in all seriousness the patriots were built through free agency to be able to out gun the colts with their newfound weapons at wr.

You do realize don't you that Wes Welker and Randy Moss were acquired through trades and were not free agents.

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
nick saban told bellycheat to go after welker before he ran to alabama

Petesburgh66
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Why not bump Welker off the line and disrupt his route? They made no attempt at that yesterday. The dude is quick but he's not impervious to being blocked.

Bingo. This what the Eagles and Ravens did to the NE wrs. The Steelers didn't.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Patriots will get beat by the Colts in the playoffs. Manning can go throw for throw with Brady...and the Colts RB and is light years better than the Pats. The Pats LT has some problems with speed rushers and Freeney will have a Pro-Bowl day getting in Tom's face.

The Pats end their season with an *asterick....just like they started.

tony hipchest
12-11-2007, 01:52 PM
You do realize don't you that Wes Welker and Randy Moss were acquired through trades and were not free agents.yes. a 2nd and 7th for welker and a 4th for moss.

doesnt change the point though...

pmanning
12-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Patriots will get beat by the Colts in the playoffs. Manning can go throw for throw with Brady...and the Colts RB and is light years better than the Pats. The Pats LT has some problems with speed rushers and Freeney will have a Pro-Bowl day getting in Tom's face.

The Pats end their season with an *asterick....just like they started.

With all due respect you must not have been paying close attention. Dwight Freeney was placed on the IR a few weeks ago. He won't be near Tom Brady's face.

I do like our chances but the Pats will be very tough to beat up in Foxboro. At least Pittsburgh is used to playing outdoors. That's why the loss to N.E. at home for Indy was a crucial loss.

The_WARDen
12-11-2007, 02:52 PM
IMO, the Colts are better suited right now for a bad weather January game in Foxboro than the Patsies. They can run the ball effectively with Addai and Keith whereas the Patsies have turned themselves into a finesse team. They've basically switched roles this season.

So, in windy snowy conditions, Brady and Co. won't be able to throw deep (see the Ravens game) and I doubt their running game is up to par since they never run the ball.

I like the Colts in that game as weird as it sounds.

pmanning
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
IMO, the Colts are better suited right now for a bad weather January game in Foxboro than the Patsies. They can run the ball effectively with Addai and Keith whereas the Patsies have turned themselves into a finesse team. They've basically switched roles this season.

So, in windy snowy conditions, Brady and Co. won't be able to throw deep (see the Ravens game) and I doubt their running game is up to par since they never run the ball.

I can only hope that you're right. And that's if we get past Pitt in the dome which most likely will be a playoff game on our schedules. I'm quite sure Indy and Pitt will meet for the right to go to New England.

pmanning
12-11-2007, 03:02 PM
yes. a 2nd and 7th for welker and a 4th for moss.

doesnt change the point though...

Good trades, huh? Welker is only 26 years old I think.

HometownGal
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Unfortunately, I couldn't disagree with you more. Peytoon historically does not fare well in the elements - they play in a 72 degree dome. Peytoon had one of his worst games ever in frigid Foxboro a few years back. The Cheatsies, on the other hand, are used to playing in the winter elements and have been pretty successful over the years in doing so. The Cheats basically have no running game and the Colts do, so the balance might be the key factor in the Colts being successful in a head to head playoff matchup when the pressure is on.

I don't think the wind and snow flurries in Baltimore really had anything to do with Brady not throwing deep too often. I think it had more to do with Baltimore's D relentlessly pressuring A$$ Chin causing him to get the passes off quickly and limiting him to a shortened field.

fansince'76
12-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, I couldn't disagree with you more. Peytoon historically does not fare well in the elements - they play in a 72 degree dome.

Agreed - not to mention his 6-INT outing on a rainy night in San Diego earlier this season. However, I think the Pats' explosiveness on offense will be curtailed at least somewhat if it snows as well, even though Brady does play well in the elements. If it is Indy that goes to Foxboro, I hope Addai has a HUGE day.

unicorns
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I would have love to see Tom Brady play here with that muddy field we had on that Monday night game....he would have been crying because his hair and face would get dirty. PRETTY BOY!

Didn't they replace their grass last year too? So he used to play in the mud. I think the NFl forced the Patriots to get rid of the horrible surface they had?

There was one game where it was almost comical there. I think the Patriots even lost to a bad team because of the poor conditions( like the steelers almost lost to Miami)

unicorns
12-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately, I couldn't disagree with you more. Peytoon historically does not fare well in the elements - they play in a 72 degree dome. Peytoon had one of his worst games ever in frigid Foxboro a few years back. The Cheatsies, on the other hand, are used to playing in the winter elements and have been pretty successful over the years in doing so. The Cheats basically have no running game and the Colts do, so the balance might be the key factor in the Colts being successful in a head to head playoff matchup when the pressure is on.

I don't think the wind and snow flurries in Baltimore really had anything to do with Brady not throwing deep too often. I think it had more to do with Baltimore's D relentlessly pressuring A$$ Chin causing him to get the passes off quickly and limiting him to a shortened field.

Patriots had no running game in 2003 either. Bad boy Dillion was still with the Bungles.

They also did not have that Welker ( Troy Brown had his job- isn't he still on the team?)

If he is then they have 2 of those little squirts!

Preacher
12-11-2007, 03:34 PM
:hunch:

set up a drug treatment rehab center in the endzone? sprinkle the field with oxycontins and extasy pills?

:sofunny:

a team can do this. it is very easy to use free agency and the draft to try and get over the hump or obstacle a specific opponent presents. and its not just limited to offense.

just like the pats were built this year to contend with, and defeat, the offensive firepower of the colts, the steelers were defensively built to handle the offensive firepower of the colts, bengals, chargers, AND patriots.

the key to beating the patriots is really good talent, a good gameplan, and a healthy (experienced) roster.

does anyone think the patriots would have beat us with the 3 backups to moss, stallworth, and welker in the game if we had carter, polamalu, and townsend? of course not.

ive been excited about the "big quarter" package all year and all the wrinkles that could be thrown in.

i would take ike, deshea, mcfadden, smith, polamalu, and clark over any receiving unit in the nfl. this steelers defense was built to stop the best, run or pass.

since our "big quarter' package was nullified by injuries we were defending tom brady and the spread offense with the best talent we had left (our base 3-4 "okie" defense).

same old story we have always seen and one that tom bradys offense was designed to defeat.

bill belichick was a brown and obviously smart enough to realize that if you ever want to win a superbowl, you must always be prepared to defeat the steelers.

now the tides are turned. if you wanna win a sb, you must be prepared to beat the patriots.

i believe tomlin and the steelers had the pieces in place. they just so happend to not be available for this game. welker was shut out until townsend left the game. after that, welker went off. the patriots scouted, and try to hire townsend after the sb. they appreciate him (never made any guarantees to my knowledge) and knew where to attack once he was out. they arent dumb. they saw how he singled up tj douch... the week before.

tomlin and lebeau have got the blueprint to beat the pats. it just hasnt been seen. we may not see them in the playoffs, but by winning the division we guarantee ourselves a rematch (most likely on the road) next season.

atleast we dont have to face the jets again. :dang: (much worse loss)

That is an EXCELLENT post...

The_WARDen
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM

I remember a play where Moss got behind Reed and the corner but Brady's pass got hung up and died allowing Reed to catch up and knock it down...Patsies didn't go deep again. The wind forced NE out of their big play offense.

susielr
12-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Didn't they replace their grass last year too? So he used to play in the mud. I think the NFl forced the Patriots to get rid of the horrible surface they had?

There was one game where it was almost comical there. I think the Patriots even lost to a bad team because of the poor conditions( like the steelers almost lost to Miami)

I don't remember that Patriot game but I do not think they would be able to handle what we had here a couple of weeks ago..Brady probably would refuse to play.

stillers4me
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Brady probably would refuse to play

I would have given anything to have seen Brady wade around in that muck!

chris66
12-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Unfortunately, I couldn't disagree with you more. Peytoon historically does not fare well in the elements - they play in a 72 degree dome. Peytoon had one of his worst games ever in frigid Foxboro a few years back. The Cheatsies, on the other hand, are used to playing in the winter elements and have been pretty successful over the years in doing so. The Cheats basically have no running ]game and the Colts do, so the balance might be the key factor in the Colts being successful in a head to head playoff matchup when the pressure is on.

actually trhere isnt much difference between the 2 teams as far as a running game goes. I think the colts average about 4 yards better per game.

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 01:53 AM
The defensive gameplan we used against the Colts in the 2005 playoffs was a masterpiece. Was it even used yesterday?

no way were the recievers for them colts as good as them pats.... and tom brady is practically playing on pluto compared to peyton that year...

here's the plan we havta change to a 4-3 just for this one game.... ALL great defenses's adjust the patriots did it against peyton manning many times.... well anyway we need to shift to a 4-3... spell one the outside linebackers with a DB... man that person up against wes welker.... double randy with our safety and CB.... single outside on donte.... we can contain him we just need to limit his YAC... tom doesn't find donte downfield rather gives him a short ball and he jukes everyone.... and next man the MLB on their TE... and after blitz tom brady with the rest of the 5 guys.... O and for the last Safety... use him as deep centerfield or wherever the first down marker is to cover the back coming outside or the over the middle route...

FAB802
12-13-2007, 09:45 PM
God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?" Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I always try to do right by my fans." God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to Ben Roethlisberger and says, "What do you believe?" Ben says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing field." God is greatly moved by Ben's sincere eloquence, and offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?"
Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

stillers4me
12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?" Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I always try to do right by my fans." God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to Ben Roethlisberger and says, "What do you believe?" Ben says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing field." God is greatly moved by Ben's sincere eloquence, and offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?"
Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

:toofunny:

HometownGal
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
actually trhere isnt much difference between the 2 teams as far as a running game goes. I think the colts average about 4 yards better per game.

Let's compare the teams' two #1 RB's, shall we?

Joseph Addai
Games played: 12
Rushing attempts: 236 - Yards gained: 975 (81.3 YPG)
TD's: 11

Lawrence Maroney
Games played: 10
Rushing attempts: 126 - Yards gained: 529
TD's: 3

**Since he's played in 2 games less than Addai, I'll add in his game rushing average of 52.9 x 2:

Rushing yards gained: 635 (56.0 YPG)

Let's add in the rushing totals for the teams' #2 RBs:

Kenton Keith - Rushing yards: 450 (34.6 YPG)

Kevin Faulk - Rushing yards: 218 (16.8 YPG)

COLTS TOTAL YPG: 115.9
PATS TOTAL YPG: 72.8

A difference of: (rounding off) - 43.1 YPG.

Quite a difference, imho. :wink02:

Preacher
12-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Let's compare the teams' two #1 RB's, shall we?

Joseph Addai
Games played: 12
Rushing attempts: 236 - Yards gained: 975 (81.3 YPG)
TD's: 11

Lawrence Maroney
Games played: 10
Rushing attempts: 126 - Yards gained: 529
TD's: 3

**Since he's played in 2 games less than Addai, I'll add in his game rushing average of 52.9 x 2:

Rushing yards gained: 635 (56.0 YPG)

Let's add in the rushing totals for the teams' #2 RBs:

Kenton Keith - Rushing yards: 450 (34.6 YPG)

Kevin Faulk - Rushing yards: 218 (16.8 YPG)

COLTS TOTAL YPG: 115.9
PATS TOTAL YPG: 72.8

A difference of: (rounding off) - 43.1 YPG.

Quite a difference, imho. :wink02:

Dang it HTG...

If you're going to pull out that math stuff... you might as well pull these out as well.

5 SB > 3 SB

Not Cheating > Cheating

3 decades of excellent football > 7 years of excellent (cheating) football.

Stlr4ever
12-13-2007, 11:12 PM
quick question for you guys. people keep talking about halftime adjustments, but what can you do???? here is the scenario.

Welker is about as quick as anyone in the league. They have him in the slot, typically against one of our linebackers or against a zone. He gets open EVERY time, and the route is so quick, it doesn't matter if we blitz.
If we move a cornerback on him, we have Moss and Stallworth open.

If we drop back in coverage and try to stop the short routes, Tom Brady opens up the chest of the defense and performs open heart surgery.

If we blitz, Welker is open every time.

Not only this, our defense is taylored to stop the run first, pass second. The Pats didn't even try to run the ball on us!!!!

Have the Patriots created an unstoppable formula, or is there something I am missing?

p.s. it doesnt help that our special teams get absolutely destroyed everytime we play the pats.

Well...almost unstoppable formula. The Colts beat them twice last year. They almost beat them this season--couldn't finish the game. They were simply exhausted. The Eagles and Ravens showed us that there is a way to beat the Pats. Too bad they didn't have a good QB. If it wasn't for the illadvised timeout by the Ravens DC, they could have beaten them. Our team did one good thing; they ran the ball well. Our defense could not get to Brady. They were just a yard away from breaking up the trick play. On that long pass to Moss, our DB was almost there. I know 'almost', 'could have' 'should have' do not count at the end of the game--only W. I still think Colts had a great game plan and may be able to beat them in the POs. Without Freeney, their chances are pretty slim though.