PDA

View Full Version : Most important weekend of the year

Ricco Suavez
12-10-2007, 04:48 PM
This weekend in my opinion has two huge games that concern where we go come playoff time. First and foremost is our game with the Jags and the Browns game with Buffalo. Any combination of a Steeler's win and a Brown loss locks up the division title for us. Cleveland has no gimme with Buffalo, but if they should win this w/e they have a very favorable schedule remaining, While we have a very tough foe in the Jags. A loss by the Steelers and a win by Cleveland puts us in a must win out situation against the Rams and the Ravens. If we can win at home this weekend we will be in position to win the division against the Rams regardless what Cleveland does. This would be good in that we can rest some people against the Ravens. On the other hand a loss to the Jags then we are looking at possibly having to win out, and oh would the Ravens love to have that chance to spoil our post season. If you thought they were up for the Patriots imagine what it will be like against us.

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 04:52 PM
i want us to lock up the 3rd seed by week 17 so that we can rest our starters in the baltimore game. we'd basically get a bye week, but just have to play an extra playoff game. the chargers are getting hot too and challenging us for the 3rd seed (only one game behind).

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree, huge game, must win against the Jags to "lock up" a playoff spot.

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
i want us to lock up the 3rd seed by week 17 so that we can rest our starters in the baltimore game. we'd basically get a bye week, but just have to play an extra playoff game. the chargers are getting hot too and challenging us for the 3rd seed (only one game behind).

IMO the Chargers will win out (Detroit & Denver at home/finish at the Raiders).

In the context of other events this is not a front burrner issue, but if the Steelers and Chargers both finish 11-5 any idea who the #3 seed is (the difference between playing Jax or the #6 seed)?

If the Steelers already have clinched the division I would rest players at Baltimore no matter what the impact of a loss on seeding.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 06:29 PM
This does mark a crucial weekend. The easiest way to actually lock down the division is with the Steelers winning and the Browns Losing this weekend. BUT the Steelers can STILL win the division with 2 victories in general.

GBMelBlount
12-10-2007, 06:39 PM
If the Steelers already have clinched the division I would rest players at Baltimore no matter what the impact of a loss on seeding.

Some think seeding paramount. Are you saying the difference in seeding minimal at that point? Obviously it's not the difference between 1 & 6.

19ward86
12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
browns have been on an offensive downfall for a while, they are playing great offense but they arent scoring 30 a game anymore. im not confident that they beat the bills mostly because the bills are playing great, i still think browns will make the playoffs but i figure we win the north this weekend.

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
browns have been on an offensive downfall for a while, they are playing great offense but they arent scoring 30 a game anymore. im not confident that they beat the bills mostly because the bills are playing great, i still think browns will make the playoffs but i figure we win the north this weekend.

they're a weird team.. their defense has picked it up a bit lately... but anderson's play has faltered a bit in return.

i didnt pay much attention to their game yesterday, but the jets were down 5 points with 1:43 left to go and had 4th and 10 on cleveland's 20 and they kicked a field goal thinking they could recover two consecutive onside kicks. it was one of the most stupid play calls i have ever seen, but the browns have been getting a lot of those kinds of breaks this year.. other than the cardinals game, despite getting gifts throughout that entire game.