PDA

View Full Version : I just dont understand these so called experts!

Rotorhead
10-19-2005, 09:07 AM
I keep reading how all the experts :rolleyes: keep saying how Jacksonville wupped up on us, and everyone lowers our team in their standing under teams that we are better than. If you sat players like Manning and Harrison, or McNabb and TO, Carr and Johnson, etc those teams would lose (badly I might add) and it would be said it was because they lost those key players. The Steelers lose their starting QB and starting receiver and it is said we lose because we are an inferior team. Jacksonville is a good team, and we still almost beat them, but it is obviously because we are an inferior team :blah: Sorry I guess it is just a rant because I was annoyed about all the BS with us losing a nail biter to a good team missing 2 key players after we had just beat one of the supposed AFC elite teams a week earlier.

tony hipchest
10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
those power rankings are about as informative as looking at a list of the standings. i dont think much though other than looking at pure numbers goes into it. ben being hurt hat people eager to drop the steelers on their rankings anyways. if ben were out for any lengthy period of time you would see the steelers around 15th.

soniczilla
10-19-2005, 09:34 AM
The experts are just reacting to the games of that week. Indy's undefeated, sure, but they've only played scrubs. Still, would you rank the only undefeated team below a team with a loss? No, that'd be public suicide. They're there just to keep you entertained and returning each week to look at the new rankings. Just ignore 'em and wait for the playoffs.

Grey
10-19-2005, 10:39 AM
I like it when the analysts begin to underestimate us. What can it hurt? It's not the BCS (thank God), so the decision on who is top dog is ultimately made on the field. I imagine that the players and coaches would rather be under the radar as well, just for the simple fact that they are bothered less for interviews and other such crap.

Here we go.

Enjoy the day.
Grey

bengalsfan21
10-19-2005, 11:05 AM
How far do you guys think you will fall after Sunday?

Koopa
10-19-2005, 12:35 PM
not that far since we gonna be getting the W

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey bengalsfan21
How about once the steelers make a mockery out of your Kitty Cats........You take that stupid picture of C.J. Dancing a replace it with a Hail To The Steelers picture..
Im sure someone on this board can make you a nice one. all you have to do is ask.

Steel - X
10-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Dude that CJ dance is classic!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Dude that CJ dance is classic!!
yes, i love it
but, im hoping that Ward or another player will do something to mock Johnson and that could be the new sig.
I dont know it was just a friendly bet since he is so sure the steelers are going to lose

bengalsfan21
10-19-2005, 05:06 PM
I will make a sig bet with you, if the bengals lose I wear a sig of your choice...........But if the Steelers lose you wear one of my choosing...........The bet will be for one month from the day the new sig is brought out (meaning if it takes the winner until Oct 26th to get the sig the loser wears it until Nov 26th).
:deal:

geran42o
10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
I will make a sig bet with you, if the bengals lose I wear a sig of your choice...........But if the Steelers lose you wear one of my choosing...........The bet will be for one month from the day the new sig is brought out (meaning if it takes the winner until Oct 26th to get the sig the loser wears it until Nov 26th).
:deal:
HAHAHAHA it will be fun to watch you with a Steeler sig. Can't wait to see this one

SteelProven
10-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey bengalsfan21
How about once the steelers make a mockery out of your Kitty Cats........You take that stupid picture of C.J. Dancing a replace it with a Hail To The Steelers picture..
Im sure someone on this board can make you a nice one. all you have to do is ask.

I'll ask if some one can make me one, if BF21 doesn't want his :wink02: "hint hint".