PDA

View Full Version : Pitt Panthers get a flood of verbals!

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Pitt verbals (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_542106.html)

A wave of commitments came following Gateway running back Cameron Saddler's press conference last Wednesday when he announced he would play at Pitt next year. Sunseri became the Panthers' sixth recruit in five days following Aliquippa receiver Jonathan Baldwin's and Norwin receiver Mike Shanahan's announcements today.

Michael Keller
12-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I am impressed with Pitt's recruiting but can this current coaching staff COACH the TALENT to it's highest level? .

ShutDown24
12-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Pitt has done an incredible job recruiting last year and this. What a nice core of players now. I expect a lot of winning from this program over the next few years.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 08:49 PM
See what a win over No. 2 Ranked team can do to ya?

iloveben7
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Go Norwin!! Shanahan is such a great player!!

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I am impressed with Pitt's recruiting but can this current coaching staff COACH the TALENT to it's highest level? .

They managed to coach a win over the #2 team in the country in their stadium.

Michael Keller
12-11-2007, 05:10 AM
They managed to coach a win over the #2 team in the country in their stadium.

Yes and i am very impressed. Believe me I want to believe Wanstadt can coach Pitt to great heights. My original post remains a question not a statement of fact or even 100 percent conviction on my part. It is still a question unanswered in my mind.

Reason why :

Neither Wanstadt as a head coach or Cavenaugh asn an offensive coordinator have had great track records in previous jobs.

I am uncertain that outstanding recruits such as Nate Byhanm or Dorin Dickerson have been used as their highest and best capacity. Another question I have is where was Scott Mckillop when he was a sophomore . This kid is incredible and I wonder why he did not play more as a sophomore. Surely he could have been used on the outside when Blades was here. Tommy Campbell wasn"t a line backer.

Clearly Pitt is on the right track and the next recruiting class looks powerful but Ithink Pitt should be at least a top 20 team and Whether this coaching staff can get them there remains a question in my mind. Again in no way am i suggesting firing any coach because they deserve a chance to coach their team and next year is their team .

My impression is that Wanstadt is a great guy and I am pulling for him because I want to see Pitt in the BCS bowl games and as you pointed out the West Virginia win offers hope.

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, Wanny may keep up his ol habbits next year in missing bowl games since he got that extension. But don't cash your check on that one yet.