PDA

View Full Version : I've given up, Pats are going 16-0

warddj86
12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
They've got the Jets and Dolphins at Home and the Giants, it's over as for the regular season

jjpro11
12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
yes they will.. but how sweet would it be if they also became the biggest postseason flop is sports history when they lose in the playoffs?

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 08:36 PM
yes they will.. but how sweet would it be if they also became the biggest postseason flop is sports history when they lose in the playoffs?

Yeah especially against us.

Again as I have said, FOCUS ON THE JAGS!

rbryan
12-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Don't give up hope yet, one of the NY teams will " Shock the world" lol

memphissteelergirl
12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
how sweet would it be if they also became the biggest postseason flop is sports history when they lose in the playoffs?

I am still holding out hope on this scenario....:wink02:

BlastFurnace
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I hate to say it, but I would rather them win it all than Dallas...who I think will win the NFC.

I can't beat the thought of living around Cowboy fans for a complete year if they win it all.

HometownGal
12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I hate to say it, but I would rather them win it all than Dallas...who I think will win the NFC.

I can't beat the thought of living around Cowboy fans for a complete year if they win it all.

I'm not ready to pencil in the Cryboys just yet. Green Bay (and Favre) have been playing some kick ass football this season. Sure, they lost to the Cryboys a few weeks back, but it's a whole new season once the playoffs begin. I don't really believe the Pats will be the AFC champ this season, but if they are, I think the Pack can beat them. :thumbsup:

Counselor
12-11-2007, 12:27 PM

Dallas vs the Pats in the Super Bowl would be an issue. Who wants Dallas to be the first to get #6? but I think I'd rather have that, than the Patriots getting #4----with two more years to be the first team to have 5 in a single decade.

If the Steelers aren't there I'll be rooting for a Colts/Packers matchup.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
They've got the Jets and Dolphins at Home and the Giants, it's over as for the regular season

WARDDJ86!!!! NOOOOO!!!! Never give in to evil...

c'mon say it with me...

:crazy02:"pello hic daemoni de hic forum, pello hic daemoni de hic compleo" ......"pello hic daemoni de hic forum, pello hic daemoni de hic compleo"...."pello hic daemoni de hic forum, pello hic daemoni de hic compleo"....:crazy02:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-11-2007, 12:51 PM
If the Super Bowl ends up Dallas vs. New England, I won't watch it.

I don't want Dallas to be the first two 6 Super Bowls...but I don't want the Patriots to get their 4th either.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Anything would be better than "The Greatest Team in History" winning this years Superbowl....
IF/When the Pats lose to the Colts in the playoffs...I will still be grinning and making fun of all the bandwagon jumpers when the Superbowl is over.

warddj86
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
the thing is, unless our special teams defense has a miraculous improvement, i dont see us as favorties in the super bowl against dallas if we get there

SteelersGirlTN7
12-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Don't give up hope yet, one of the NY teams will " Shock the world" lol

Don't forget 3 years ago when the Pats were neck and neck with the Steelers. We ended at 15-1, they ended at 14-2. Why? Because the **2-12** Dolphins shocked the world and beat them in the last 4 minutes.

Never count out an upset!!

Dynasty
12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, there was also the fact that we beat them that year!

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm not ready to pencil in the Cryboys just yet. Green Bay (and Favre) have been playing some kick ass football this season. Sure, they lost to the Cryboys a few weeks back, but it's a whole new season once the playoffs begin. I don't really believe the Pats will be the AFC champ this season, but if they are, I think the Pack can beat them. :thumbsup:

:iagree:

But should the worst happen and it ends up a Cryboys-Patsyboys SB, I will not watch it...will probably hit the mall and/or movies that day.

rbryan
12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Everybody is writing off the Colts. It's a sad day when I have to pull for Manning. Anyone but the Patsies or Cowboys.

BlastFurnace
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Everybody is writing off the Colts. It's a sad day when I have to pull for Manning. Anyone but the Patsies or Cowboys.

I could not agree with you more. Anyone...but those two teams.

Godfather
12-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Anyone, anyone, ANYONE but the Cheatriots*.

I think Indy has a chance in the playoffs. The Cheatriots* have been extremely lucky in terms of injuries this year. They played the Colts without Marvin Harrison (and Anthony McFarland). They played us without Polamalu and Clark. They played the Eagles and Ratbirds with backup quarterbacks.

Indy, with a healthy Marvin Harrison, can do it. If not, and it's a Cowboys-Cheatriots* |Super Bowl, I'll have to be a Romosexual for one day :yuck:

The Patriot
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Colts won't beat the Patriots. You're just reaching. They're not a great playoff team as you might have noticed. They won't beat us unless they get two more 35+ yard pass interference penalties into the redzone, a 75 yard screen TD pass to Addai before the half, and 2 Brady interceptions. Even then, we're at home. Somebody has yet to beat Brady at home.

For those of you who doubt our ability to play in the cold months, we're expecting a Nor'easter snowstorm this sunday against the Jets so be sure to tune in!

fansince'76
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Colts won't beat the Patriots. You're just reaching. They're not a great playoff team as you might have noticed.

Kinda like last year's AFCCG was a reach? :yawn:

The Patriot
12-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Kinda like last year's AFCCG was a reach? :yawn:

Yeah, maybe but take that same Patriots team, and add Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Harrison, and Adalius, and put them at home.

tony hipchest
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, maybe but take that same Patriots team, and add Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Harrison, and Adalius, and put them at home.well you already had harrison, he just had a boo-boo. alot of playoff wins with them other guys.

anyways jets patriots will be a bore. will they even play a game or just line up at the 50 yd line and cry and whine about who cheats more? :sissies:

"you stole my signals"

"you stole my coach"

"you tampered with my player"

:blah:

browns have a better chance to win the next 10 against pittsburgh than the jets have to win.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

fansince'76
12-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, maybe but take that same Patriots team, and add Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Harrison, and Adalius, and put them at home.

What if there's a snowstorm in Foxboro that day (like the divisional game against the Raiders in '01)? You don't think that'll slow that high-octane offense down just a little? Not to mention the fact that Addai gouged them pretty good the last time the two teams played, so I don't think Manning will be pressured to throw 40-50 times in such a scenario either.

tony hipchest
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
What if there's a snowstorm in Foxboro that day (like the divisional game against the Raiders in '01)? You don't think that'll slow that high-octane offense down just a little? Not to mention the fact that Addai gouged them pretty good the last time the two teams played, so I don't think Manning will be pressured to throw 40-50 times in such a scenario either.they forget the colts are now like the old patriots (only better, assuming harrison is healthy) and the patriots are now like the old colts.

how many balls have moss, welker, and stallworth caught in a snow flurry? probably not too many. moss better make sure to take his glaucoma medicine if snow is in the forecast.

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 05:18 AM
What if there's a snowstorm in Foxboro that day (like the divisional game against the Raiders in '01)? You don't think that'll slow that high-octane offense down just a little? Not to mention the fact that Addai gouged them pretty good the last time the two teams played, so I don't think Manning will be pressured to throw 40-50 times in such a scenario either.

It would slow down the offense and eliminate the deep ball depending on the conditions but screen passes to welker, stallworth, and maroney. Manning is the one who usually gets raddled in the snow. Besides, the chances of a snowstorm are the same chances of a rainstorm anywhere else. Likely 1-10 playoff games we'll have snow. I still don't think the Colts will beat us. Maybe another team but not the Colts.

Aussie_steeler
12-13-2007, 05:23 AM
I still don't think the Colts will beat us. Maybe another team but not the Colts.

IF you dont respect the colts then who in the AFC has your attention as a MAYBE candidate?

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 05:24 AM
they forget the colts are now like the old patriots (only better, assuming harrison is healthy) and the patriots are now like the old colts.

how many balls have moss, welker, and stallworth caught in a snow flurry? probably not too many. moss better make sure to take his glaucoma medicine if snow is in the forecast.

So the Colts, an away team, who spend more than half the year inside a cozy little 72 degree dome, will somehow handle an unlikey snowstorm in Foxborro better than the Patriots? Well, I think Roethlisburger can't grip the football when it's wet so if a rainstorm comes during your playoff game, you're in trouble.

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 05:27 AM
IF you dont respect the colts then who in the AFC has your attention as a MAYBE candidate?

I do respect the Colts. Alot! I just can't see them beating us in Foxborro.

Aussie_steeler
12-13-2007, 05:40 AM
Who are the potential maybe's? Dont be frightened to give us a gut feeling. I always have a bad feeling when we have to face the jags because they match up very well to the steelers.

Who is the dark horse out of the Jags, Chargers, Steelers, Browns or Titans?

X-Terminator
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
So the Colts, an away team, who spend more than half the year inside a cozy little 72 degree dome, will somehow handle an unlikey snowstorm in Foxborro better than the Patriots? Well, I think Roethlisburger can't grip the football when it's wet so if a rainstorm comes during your playoff game, you're in trouble.

Since you're about the only Pats fan I haven't put on ignore, it should be noted that Roethlisberger set a Steelers pass efficiency rating record during the "Bog Bowl" vs. Miami when he completed over 80% of his passes, including a team-record 15 straight completions. He threw 5 TD passes in the rain against the Rats, threw 2 TD passes and ran for another on a wet field against the Browns and played OK in the win over the Bungles, again in the rain. So I think he can handle the ball just fine in a rainstorm.

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 05:37 PM

u mean when they lose to us in the playoffs

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Since you're about the only Pats fan I haven't put on ignore, it should be noted that Roethlisberger set a Steelers pass efficiency rating record during the "Bog Bowl" vs. Miami when he completed over 80% of his passes, including a team-record 15 straight completions. He threw 5 TD passes in the rain against the Rats, threw 2 TD passes and ran for another on a wet field against the Browns and played OK in the win over the Bungles, again in the rain. So I think he can handle the ball just fine in a rainstorm.

I wasn't being serious. I was just using that as an example. My point is this. It snows in New England but not all the time. The Patriots will play a total of six hours in foxborro for the whole month of January. What are the chances that there is a giant snowstorm in that time span that makes it impossible to throw downfield? The more likely situation is we play the Dome team Colts in 8 degree weather again.

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
u mean when they lose to us in the playoffs

Wouldn't you guys have to play the Colts first because your the 3rd seat?

Crushzilla
12-13-2007, 09:08 PM

As it stands currently

TheWarDen86
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM

Don't take this the wrong way but it's "seed."

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 09:12 PM

is "3rd seat" a typo or just an emmitt smithism?

stillers4me
12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
is "3rd seat" a typo or just an emmitt smithism?

Or did you just become a football fan this year?

HometownGal
12-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but it's "seed."

Cheats fans can only affiliate the word "seed" with Tom Brady, if ya know what I mean jelly bean. :chicken: Tis' a sacred word in Boston.

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Or did you just become a football fan this year?

Oh look, you found me out.