PDA

View Full Version : Our Season Isnt Over Folks...

Elvis
12-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Our Steelers are still a 9-4 team arent we? By the way it sounds we just as well turn in our cleets and helmets Right?
If you want to give up on this team at this point in the season then your NOT or NEVER WILL BE at True Steelers fan!! PERIOD!! I knew that our team was in trouble last week when our Big Mouth FS ran his mouth. Someone that hasnt ever accomplished anything in this league and he wants to go and run his mouth... I thought we got the big mouth out of here when Joey Porter left..
This team just needs to get back to playing STEELERS Football folks... Dont run on 1st and 2nd down all the time and end up with 3rd down and 5 or 6 everytime.
Dont lose faith Steelers Fans... This Season Is NOT Over Yet!!
:tt02:

HometownGal
12-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Don't believe I've read a single post from anyone saying they believe the season is over, Elvis. There have been a lot of frustrations shown (and some needless anger, too), but I think most people are putting that loss behind them and are moving forward to the all important matchup on Sunday against Jax. It's all good. :thumbsup:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Who said its over?.......My thoughts are on the Jags and getting that 10th win to basically seal the AFC North for the Steelers.....Plus the play-offs are a whole different animal....The Pats should be the favorite no doubt...But I still think the Steelers are better then what they showed yesterday....They hung with the Pats in the first half....The 2nd half just went to the Johnny Flusher...Oh well it happens....

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
What's with all the pessimism these days?

BE A BELIEVER!

FastWillieParker39
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM

BE A BELIEVER!

Espically when this team has overachieved this year with a first year coach is something NOT to be pessimistic about.

Elvis
12-11-2007, 05:15 AM
I came into our Steelers/Patriots gameday thread sunday for about 3 minutes and all I heard was some Patriots fan here saying that we were being too down on our team.. and one of our best posters on our site said "its this way every weekend".. And it is... that is the reason I cant hardly stand to come in there anymore. It just seems like everyone is so down on our defense one week and the first thread on that subject or thread they say... ohhhh... Our Defense Sucks Today!!! What happened to 3 days earlier that you were proclaiming them the best between the Steel Curtain and our defense today? This defense isnt even close to that defense in the 70's and may never be again. Just suck up this loss and move on.. I think that we will be fine, but we still have 3 tough games to get through before the play-offs even get started.
Jacksonville Jaguars 9-4
-VS-
Pittsburgh Steelers 9-4 :tt02:

The_WARDen
12-11-2007, 10:37 AM

BE A BELIEVER!

Here is what I believe. The Steelers need to win Sunday to get to 10 wins. After that they go on the road in a short week (stupid Thursday night games) which isn't a gimme given their lack of road wins. After that, they travel again to Baltimore which isn't a gimme either.

Get the 10th win this Sunday and make it easier on yourselves...by the way, go Bills!

SteelerFanInCA
12-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Go Steeltown. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Petesburgh66
12-11-2007, 02:27 PM
There is no way I am prepared to gift wrap the Superbowl to NE. Anything can happen from now to the Superbowl.

steelpride12
12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't think anyone from this boards gave up haha, but i agree were nowhere close to being out and were going to fly into the playoffs with a bang and hope for a steelers/patriots part 2!
They may have won the battle, but not the war!

steel striker
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Well I still believe in our steelers and, we will bounce back. I see it like this we lost and, did not play our best. I'd rather lose a game like that than play perfect and still lose. I know when our defense plays shut down and our offense is rolling we can beat any team. Remember people counted us out in 2005 and we all know how that turned out 5th super bowl. Now we just have to take care of business this Sunday vs the jags. Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No! And it ain't over now!! Let's have some faith I know our guys can pull it together. Here we go steelers here we go!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Rhee Rhee
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
[COLOR=darkgreen]Our Steelers are still a 9-4 team arent we?
[B][I][SIZE=3]Dont lose faith Steelers Fans... This Season Is NOT Over Yet!!
:tt02:

well we may be 9-4 but we are in the super-ultra-amazing-hard-tough-competetive-crazy-lose one game and your not elite- AFC

idk im scared for our season.. i really dont want us to end up like the mets... remember? they were like 14 games ahead and blew it in the final month... not good although we could get a high draft pick :) or we get in as a wildcard and we beat up everyone as a 6th seed :))))

Polamalu Princess
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I am one that will never give up - ever!!!!! Amen Elvis. Do I have to remind ANYONE about 2005-2006??????? Hello????

Go Steelers!:tt02::cheer:

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 06:48 PM
nothing wrong with being a 6 seed :wink02: isnt that what we were when we won the superbowl...:bouncy:

thebus36idf
12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I think we'll be fine even with another loss. We always play better with our backs against the wall remember superbowl 40. We weren't even expected to get there, let alone come from a 6th seed to win it all. We never give up, lose heart or class. Also
I have an important question.I know this shoud be on the tailgate portion of this forum, but it doesn't get much of a response all the time. I am tailgating this week, and I'll be in the Gold lot. Can I bring one of those small patio fire pits, and throw a duralog or two in it for warmth, or are these types of things not allowed. I can't wait My bro is a Jags fan. First time in the Gold lot see you all there.Peace & Grace Doug

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
this year i dont think we have the same sense of urgency.... as evidenced by the 4th quarter in the NE game... if the game is lost then you have nothing to lose...