PDA

View Full Version : Hero....

PisnNapalm
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
A woman acting as a security guard at the New Life Church in Colorado Springs took out a gunman. He killed 2 girls and could have potentially killed many many more. He was armed with a rifle and handgun.

She pulled out her own concealed carry weapon and shot him.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14817480/detail.html

Legally armed law abiding citizens are more effective against crazed murderous/suicidal wackjobs than the police.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow, this woman has some nerve of bravery in her.

Borski
12-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Good for her. the news I heard said she was a security guard for the Church...did the Church really think they needed armed security guards? well it turned out for the best in this case.

Preacher
12-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Good for her. the news I heard said she was a security guard for the Church...did the Church really think they needed armed security guards? well it turned out for the best in this case.

She was a security guard. Many of the larger churches actually use off-duty police officers, because they are also in charge of crowd-control, traffic control etc.

Traffic control is done on the local roads in the big churches, and as such, real police officers are needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was an off-duty cop that doesn't want it known she is a cop.

Borski
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
She was a security guard. Many of the larger churches actually use off-duty police officers, because they are also in charge of crowd-control, traffic control etc.

Traffic control is done on the local roads in the big churches, and as such, real police officers are needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was an off-duty cop that doesn't want it known she is a cop.

Dont get me wrong, I'm glad she was there in this case....but it kinda shows where this world is comeing to if we are starting to see armed guards at Churchs of all places. :shake01:

CB1977
12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Dont get me wrong, I'm glad she was there in this case....but it kinda shows where this world is comeing to if we are starting to see armed guards at Churchs of all places. :shake01:

I couldn't agree with you more. Isn't a Church suppose to be a safe place where one can get away from things like this?

Makes you wonder.....

Polamalu Princess
12-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I give her a lot of credit. It is a shame that this is what our world is coming to, but it is what it is and she did the right thing. She saved lives. God Bless her.

klick81
12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
From what I understand, this church got news of the first shooting at another church. Because of this, they hired armed security. Good thing they did.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Wow, this woman has some nerve of bravery in her.

Ex-cop from Minnesota.

PisnNapalm
12-11-2007, 04:12 PM
7,000 people attending this mega church. That slaughter could have been so much worse than Virgina Tech.

GBMelBlount
12-11-2007, 07:58 PM
A friend of ours taught one of those that was killed at the missionary training center in Colorado as well. He was from Washington. We donated part of our office space to her recently when they started their Christian school. She e-mailed my wife and asked for prayers for his family. Your prayers would be appreciated for this young man who had so much promise and all of those who died as a result of these tradgedies in Colorado.

PisnNapalm
12-13-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.pisnnapalm.com/Gun_Free_Zones.gif

Preacher
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Our church has a member that was in the missionary training center. She is ok. What we know now is that the guy was trying to get in to spend the night, and had over 1000 rounds of ammunition that he was going to use to kill everyone while they were sleeping.

The lady didn't allow him in (at the missionary training center), and he freaked out and shot her. Then he went to the church to try and do something there, because there was a extension center (or something like that) at the church.

And Borski... I undestand what you're saying. It is sad when churches are targeted like this.

However, historically, this is the norm, not the exception.

Preacher
12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
A friend of ours taught one of those that was killed at the missionary training center in Colorado as well. He was from Washington. We donated part of our office space to her recently when they started their Christian school. She e-mailed my wife and asked for prayers for his family. Your prayers would be appreciated for this young man who had so much promise and all of those who died as a result of these tradgedies in Colorado.

Amazing how it touches people.

We have a person out of our church that was actually in the training center. Luckily she was ok.