PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Petrino just resigned

tony hipchest
12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
and is gonna take the college job at arkansas.

never, ever trust a college coach. im so glad the steelers didnt go after ferentz.

-ESPN (the greatest network ever)

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Damn it TH, ya beat me to it.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow......thats shocking but at the same time its not......Yea its wrong that he pulled a Nick Saban on the Falcons...But with the whole Vick Dog Fighting Saga that set the franchise back....I must say I can't blame him.....The Falcons are a mess and he would have been fired in his 3rd year anyway......

fansince'76
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I can't blame him - if he ever wants a shot at a NFL HC job again down the road, he was wise to jump off that sinking ship before it completely went under.

rbryan
12-11-2007, 06:33 PM
He caught a lot of flack for bailing on Louisville right after he signed a ten year deal. Many people called out his character then. This only proves it further, he has no character. I don't know why Arkansas would even want him.

He was dealt a crappy hand with the whole "Michael Vick Experience" but he could have done the right thing and stuck it out for at least another year. Is Arkansas really that great of a place to go??? It's not like he wouldn't have had the opportunity to go back to a dozen other schools in a year or so.

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I can't blame him - if he ever wants a shot at a NFL HC job again down the road, he was wise to jump off that sinking ship before it completely went under.

Neither can I. Thumbs up to him.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Wow......thats shocking but at the same time its not......Yea its wrong that he pulled a Nick Saban on the Falcons...But with the whole Vick Dog Fighting Saga that set the franchise back....I must say I can't blame him.....The Falcons are a mess and he would have been fired in his 3rd year anyway......

At least Saban stayed for two full seasons at Miami. However, I don't blame Petrino. The Falcons' franchise is in a mess with the Vick situation. I saw it all last night when that thug of a wide receiver for the Falcons lifted his jersey and exposed the "Free Mick Vick" t-shirt that he had on underneath.

Good for Petrino. The SEC is a much better gig than the sorry NFC South.

The Bobby Petrino v. Tommy Tuberville saga is now reborn and for someone who loves SEC football like I do, this is some good stuff.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 06:59 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

All the Atlanta sportswriters drank the Petrino Kool-Aid when he said in the last several weeks he was in ATL to stay. The writers also claimed that he had won a power struggle with McKay.

Petrino apparently is a total jerk who is not only disliked by his players but treats the office personnel like trash - being king of the hill in Arkansas is what he needs.

If any NFL franchise in the last 25 years has gone through more turmoil than the 2007 Falcons I would like to hear who it is.

Thank God Whiz stayed away from the ATL job hoping the Steelers would hire him.

Owner Arthur Blank said he spoke to Petrino on Monday, and that Petrino assured him that he would be back for his second season with the team.

"I feel real fortunate that we have a terrific guy leading our football team," Blank said on Monday. "Our CEO, our coach Bobby Petrino has done a terrific job dealing with adversity this year. He's proven to me that he's a better head coach than I ever thought he was going to be, dealing with the set of cards that unfolded this year."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/12/11/falcons_1212.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Arthur Blank must find owning this mess as much fun as chewing glass.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2007, 07:03 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

All the Atlanta sportswriters drank the Petrino Kool-Aid when he said in the last several weeks he was in ATL to stay. The writers also claimed that he had won a power struggle with McKay.

Petrino apparently is a total jerk who is not only disliked by his players but treats the office personnel like trash - being king of the hill in Arkansas is what he needs.

If any NFL franchise in the last 25 years has gone through more turmoil than the 2007 Falcons I would like to hear who it is.

Thanks God Whiz stayed away from the ATL job hoping the Steelers would hire him. Arthur Blank must find owning this mess as much fun as chewing glass.

I'm sure D'Angelo Hall is dancing the Irish Jig right about now...lol

Crushzilla
12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Well that just about kills the only lock in this year's upcoming draft...

Brohm to Atlanta.

OneForTheToe
12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow ... I wonder if Kiffen(sp) from the Raiders will be next?

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
i just walked in and seen it on tv.. i am shocked that he resigned with only a few weeks left in the season. man up and at least stick out until the end of the season. i can understand him resigning, i am sure when he took the job he didnt know the franchise qb was going to indicted and go to prison and that the other players were not going to take to him.

i am thrilled that we didnt hire him and that he definately wont be coaching at michigan.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Well ... If Kiffen is assembling a collection of awful jobs for his resume, Duke needs a head coach:smile:

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Well ... If Kiffen is assembling a collection of awful jobs for his resume, Duke needs a head coach:smile:

you leave my blue devils alone..lol :flap:. Duke hasnt had a decent football coach since the ol' ball coach left.. but duke isnt known for its football its known for its outstanding basketball program:cheer::cheer::cheer:

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2007, 08:03 PM
you leave my blue devils alone..lol :flap:. Duke hasnt had a decent football coach since the ol' ball coach left.. but duke isnt known for its football its known for its outstanding basketball program:cheer::cheer::cheer:

You a Duke Blue Devils Basketball Fan to TMB?

We'll take down them bastard tar heels so hard that Ramses loses his horns. :toofunny:

OneForTheToe
12-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Actually, ESPN just said that the fired coach from UCLa is the front runner for the Duke job. I guess what is good for the players is good for coaches.

It's like the (Cartman's) Wild Wild West ... hire your own hired gun coach.

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 08:11 PM
You a Duke Blue Devils Basketball Fan to TMB?

We'll take down them bastard tar heels so hard that Ramses loses his horns. :toofunny:
i love my blue devils, in fact i have picture of my daughter in a blue devil cheerleading outfit... and i am ABC fan.. Anybody But Carolina :wink02:. i have an autograph from coach K. my dad got it for me when i graduated high school b/c the company he worked for had the security system account for the university and the head of the public safety would always request my dad to come and install and work on the equipment.

just another reason that you love me steelman:hug:

revefsreleets
12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
I shed no tears for Bobby Petrino. He's being paid quite handsomely to move from job to job.

The Falcons? What a mess. But you reap what you sow.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Yep - Petrino is a snake oil salesman

Jeff Schulz of the Atlanta paper has this to say

Michael Vick lied to Arthur Blank. Bobby Petrino lied to Arthur Blank. The second guy didn’t break any laws, but the two are closer than we could have imagined in the character department.:jawdrop:

Petrino is a quitter. Thirteen games and he is checking out for a job back in the college ranks, where he can mold young men by stepping on them first, which is something you can’t do in the NFL.

Petrino took exception last week when I asked him about the possibility of leaving the Falcons for a college job (I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, and figured he would wait until after the season).

And while Blank rushed to hire Petrino after Whiz said no thanks the Rooneys were checking out a young assistant coach with the Vikings.

“My plans are to be here, there’s no question about that,” he said. “I get asked the same question every day, and that’s my plan.”

And now his plan is taking him to Arkansas. At least 13 games covers a full college season.

The Falcons now have one less quitter to worry about.

Good riddance.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/12/11/petrino_was_nev.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

And while Blank rushed to hire Petrino after Whiz said no thanks the Rooneys were checking out a young assistant coach with the Vikings.

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
seems like arthur blank is missing a little upstairs.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
seems like arthur blank is missing a little upstairs.

Oh he has it upstairs - you do not make billions from co-founding Home Depot without some smarts

He oversees the Falcons as a fan, not as a football guy.

He did a good job of marketing the team after he bought it, but he has no clue when it comes to hiring coaches (Jim Mora Jr. & Petrino) or front office personnel.

And Vick simply burned him.

TackleMeBen
12-11-2007, 09:15 PM
i meant in football skills. i should have clarified that.

Dynasty
12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
I think it's more that he's too much of a nice guy. He trusts people too much. Same problem with Vick as with Petrino.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Well Cowher's name did not take long to pop up

Blank should go get Cowher
Mark Bradley
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

They could hire Bill Cowher.

Question is, would Cowher, having worked for one of the best organizations in Pittsburgh, want anything to do with the franchise now seen as the absolute worst? That?s where Blank would have to be brave. He?d have to spend big, sure, but he?d also have to be willing to let his coach become the focal point.

The next coach needs to be made of stronger stuff. The next coach needs to be tough enough to ride out the losses and bend the organization to his will. The next coach needs to come equipped with an ego and a persona as outsized as the owner?s

Having hit what surely must be bottom, there?s no cause to get timid now. Go bigger. Get bolder. Get Bill Cowher.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/12/11/blank_should_go.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

IMO no way - if Cowher returns in 2008 it is to the Redskins

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sure D'Angelo Hall is dancing the Irish Jig right about now...lol

Bingo!

"We felt like Petrino was going to be around for the long haul, like he had as much invested in this as we did," Hall said. "For him to jump ship is disheartening. Arthur Blank and the city of Atlanta, they deserve to win and we thought Petrino was going to be the guy to help us get there. He was a winner and wasn't used to losing.

"Maybe he didn't feel he could win at this level. I disagree with that. If he doesn't want to be a part of it, fine. We'll move on and get better and we will games without him."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/12/11/falcons_1212.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

fansince'76
12-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Cowher and DeAngelo Hall coexisting within the confines of the same team? ROFLMAO! :toofunny:

tony hipchest
12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
And while Blank rushed to hire Petrino after Whiz said no thanks the Rooneys were checking out a young assistant coach with the Vikings.i still shudder everytime i hear the name kirk ferentz. im amazed the failed spurrier experience didnt prevent snake saban from getting hired.

what is wacky is al davis finally gets a chance to breath a sigh of relief that this isnt his problem (he tried hard for petrino-passed on wiz-settled for art shell) while he has a youngster on his hands that very well could be using the raiders job as a stepping stone and a bigger paycheck.

even though cowher will definitely not be a candidate for the cowboys job, it is amazing how his stock keeps rising. carolina, washington, atlanta, miami, giants are still high rollers.

what is even more amazing is how good he is in his new job. he proved that last weekend with his insider knowledge of the pats-steelers match up. he works saturday and all day sunday with pat kirwan in the studio, and it definitely shows. not only does he give a great coaches perspective but he delivers stats and analysis like a pro. and unlike emmitt smith, he can deliver for 3 minutes without even looking at a teleprompter.

whoever cowhers boss is next year should consider themselves as the 2nd luckiest man in the world. (to dan rooney of course) :wink02:

fansince'76
12-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Are the Falcons getting any cap relief for Vick's enormous contract? If not, that might have been a big part of it too. Kinda hard to rebuild a team when it's in salary cap hell - just ask San Fran about that one.

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Blank should go get Cowher
Mark Bradley
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

They could hire Bill Cowher.

Question is, would Cowher, having worked for one of the best organizations in Pittsburgh, want anything to do with the franchise now seen as the absolute worst? That?s where Blank would have to be brave. He?d have to spend big, sure, but he?d also have to be willing to let his coach become the focal point.

The next coach needs to be made of stronger stuff. The next coach needs to be tough enough to ride out the losses and bend the organization to his will. The next coach needs to come equipped with an ego and a persona as outsized as the owner?s

Having hit what surely must be bottom, there?s no cause to get timid now. Go bigger. Get bolder. Get Bill Cowher.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/12/11/blank_should_go.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

You can bet to hear cowher say this

I AM NOT LEAVING, I like what I have going on here.

I don't think he even goes to Atlanta. He's enjoying retirement.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 10:59 PM
He's enjoying retirement.

No kidding - as T.H. says, he actually appears to have a talent for the TV studio (as big a surprise to me as when Bradshaw turned out to be good on TV) and it is an easy payday.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 11:03 PM
i still shudder everytime i hear the name kirk ferentz.:

Have to stand up for Kirk (class of 1973) as a fellow alum of Upper St. Clair High School.:smile:

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 11:09 PM
The ATL is a short hop from here in Cowher land, I wouldn't be suprised. He is actuallt he perfect person for the job. They need a hard nosed unquestionable experienced leader that the children they call players will respect and listen too.

But the Falcons will always be #2 to UGA football in Georgia - after Pittsburgh Cowher needs the big stage of another marquee franchise (Giants or Redskins) to come back..

tony hipchest
12-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Have to stand up for Kirk (class of 1973) as a fellow alum of Upper St. Clair High School.:smile:
lol. fair enough. nothing against him or his credentials per se (better than chan gailey), im just weary about any college coach whose name is tossed around and is considered a hot candidate for 3-4 years, yet never accepts (or is offered) a job. bob stoops for instance. all his hype had rightfully died down.

if you have to think twice about accepting a hc job in the nfl, then you shouldnt be a head coach in the nfl.

this is where i think someone like kiffen may have more staying power than a spurrier, erickson, saban, etc.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-12-2007, 01:44 AM
I was and wasn't expecting this.

I kind of expected Petrino to stay in Atlanta. They are in a prime position to draft Brian Brohm, the QB he coached for three years prior in Loisville. He would have come in and already knew the system, probally would have known most of the termology, and would have known the things Petrino wanted him to do from the QB position.

However, I also kind of expected him to leave Atlanta. The team is a mess. Mike Vick screwed them royally, and there is no gaurantee the NFL will give them any cap releif when they cut him from the roster. The team has no defense...and their best defensive player, DeAngelo Hall, is overrated as it can get. Maybe there were some private grumblings that if the ship was righted in 2008, he'd be fired...and he knew that they wouldn't do much next year either so he decided to jump now. I am just happy he's at Arkansas and not Michigan.

However, the way he went about it was totally classless. He didn't tell his players. He basicly told his coaches, "I'm out, see ya," and then bolted out of headquarters. He gave nobody any indication that he would be leaving, and he didn't even finish out the season.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Petrino is making Nick Saban look classy..and that is hard to do.

I dont want Petrino at U of M. he might change his mind and leave for some other team. lol

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Petrino is making Nick Saban look classy..and that is hard to do.

I dont want Petrino at U of M. he might change his mind and leave for some other team. lol

Why are so many folks still so obsessed with Saban? Heck, Saban stayed for two full seasons at Miami. Saban hasn't done anything that I know of professionally that has been unclassy.

Petrino, on the other hand, is deserving of the criticism because he quit with three games left in the Falcons' season. On top of that, in 2003, he was involved in the 'Jetgate' scandal with Auburn University when he was conspiring to take Tommy Tuberville's job. Tuberville is now going to eat Petrino's lunch come next fall when Auburn and Arkansas square off at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

STEELERSTADIUMS
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
You cant blame the guy. I live in Atlanta and am ashamed of having the Falcons as my home team. They're a joke. There best bet now is to keep losing and draft a good QB.

rbryan
12-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Atlanta needs to clean house. First one to go is D Hall. I don't know why so many of the "experts" keep insisting he's so good. His agent must be blowing everyone to keep his hype going. I watch him get beat 3 or 4 times for every play he makes. Not to mention his piss poor attitude.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
CrimsonTideSteelersFan, it's the way he goes about leaving a team.

When he left Michigan State for LSU, he was telling everyone that he was happy in East Lansing and that he wasn't interested in the LSU job. Next thing you know, it's in the paper that he is leaving for LSU.

He told everyone at LSU that he had no interest in being an NFL head coach. He told his players and staff that he was not leaving for the Dolphins job. Next thing everyone know, he's being introduced as the Dolphins head coach.

Now he's on to your Alabama Crimson Tide. He told everyone that he was not a canidate, then he bolted on the Dolphins.

Just wait, he'll burn your Crimson Tide too. If Pete Carrol leaves USC and they offer him the job, he'll burn you. Do you actually think that Alabama is where he wants to be? It's not, he wants to be at wherever the next biggest paycheck it....his athletes, coaching staff, school be damned.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
note to self.. dont send son to play football for any college that nick saban is the coach..lol

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 03:07 PM
And the Petrino plot thickens as Arthur Blank shares his thoughts.

Blank clearly expressed his disappointment with Petrino, repeatedly saying the coach "was wrong" in leaving the team before the 2007 season ended.

"I feel abused at the moment," Blank said. "I'm very disappointed in the way this happened... In my opinion he didn't give us a fair opportunity based on our commitments to him."

At a press conference at the Falcons headquarters, the Falcons' owner discussed his surprise at the sudden turn of events. "I had no indication at all" of Petrino's dissatisfaction, Blank said.

"I know he was unhappy about losing."

Blank said the University of Arkansas never formally contacted the Falcons about Petrino. Blank said he learned of Arkansas' interest in Petrino through Dallas Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones, who called him on behalf of the school. Jones is an alumnus of Arkansas.

Blank said he discussed the situation with the coach on Monday. Blank said Petrino promised he would remain with the team just six hours before the Falcons played the Saints on Monday Night Football.

"I was looking for a commitment from Bobby and having some expoure on behalf of the franchise Monday night," Blank said of the face-to-face meeting. "I wanted to know, 'Are you with us or not?' I did press the question with him... Bobby extended his hand and said, 'You can tell them you have a head coach."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/12/12/blank_1212.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Nice to read Jerry Jones was involved in screwing a fellow owner. I guess rats like Petrino and Jones travel in packs.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 03:11 PM
note to self.. dont send son to play football for any college that nick saban is the coach..lol

That's not working too good right now. :wink02:

Bama is listed 3rd in the nation in recruiting right now. :cheers:

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 03:15 PM
CrimsonTideSteelersFan, it's the way he goes about leaving a team.

When he left Michigan State for LSU, he was telling everyone that he was happy in East Lansing and that he wasn't interested in the LSU job. Next thing you know, it's in the paper that he is leaving for LSU.

He told everyone at LSU that he had no interest in being an NFL head coach. He told his players and staff that he was not leaving for the Dolphins job. Next thing everyone know, he's being introduced as the Dolphins head coach.

Now he's on to your Alabama Crimson Tide. He told everyone that he was not a canidate, then he bolted on the Dolphins.

Just wait, he'll burn your Crimson Tide too. If Pete Carrol leaves USC and they offer him the job, he'll burn you. Do you actually think that Alabama is where he wants to be? It's not, he wants to be at wherever the next biggest paycheck it....his athletes, coaching staff, school be damned.

In his heart, I'm not sure that I can guess where Saban would prefer to be. He's in a position where he has it made if he can start winning. Facilities-wise, fanbase-wise, tradition, resources, etc., there is no place that is any better (there are some places that can rival Alabama, but none surpass it).

Because of the fanaticism of the Alabama fans (93,000 in attendance for a spring game) and the pressure that comes with being the head coach in Tuscaloosa, he might rather be somewhere else indeed. We shall see.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
That's not working too good right now. :wink02:

Bama is listed 3rd in the nation in recruiting right now. :cheers:

You certainly can take that to the bank:sofunny:

If recruiting class rankings of 18 year old kids who have not matured physically and played wildly disparate levels of competition counted, Notre Dame would play for the BCS championship every other year.

At least six teams in the SEC have a "top five" recruiting class every year.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 03:28 PM
You certainly can take that to the bank:sofunny:

If recruiting class rankings of 18 year old kids who have not matured physically and played wildly disparate levels of competition counted, Notre Dame would play for the BCS championship every other year.

At least six teams in the SEC have a "top five" recruiting class every year.

I'd rather my team have a top 5 class than not have a top 5 class. Alabama's never had a top 5 class since the rankings have been kept, so it'll be interesting to see what this coaching staff can do with these guys over the next few years.

A lot of it has to do with coaching. Notre Dame's problem, for example, seems to be coaching more than lack of talent.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
I'd rather my team have a top 5 class than not have a top 5 class. .

I agree it is better to have talent than not to have talent, but my point is you will not know if it is really "a top 5" class until around the junior year for that team (see, e.g., Ron Paulus will win 2 Heismans for Notre Dame)

Ranking recruiting classes is as worthless as ranking the quality of a NFL draft the Monday after the draft is held.

rbryan
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
As stated earlier Petrino makes Saban look a lot better. I can understand why coaches are in it for the money. Theres a whole lot of coaches that haven't been shown much loyalty when they fail to live up to unrealistic expectations. Petrino just comes across like a real weasel. I don't understand why Arkansas would want him under these circumstances. I would think this hurts his credibility when recruiting.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Petrino left a form typed note saying goodbye in each players locker.

The signature was stamped

As seen in the attached link, Lawyer Milloy scratched out Petrino's name and wrote "Coward":sofunny:

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/09/90/04/image_6304909.jpg

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 06:09 PM
As stated earlier Petrino makes Saban look a lot better. I can understand why coaches are in it for the money. Theres a whole lot of coaches that haven't been shown much loyalty when they fail to live up to unrealistic expectations. Petrino just comes across like a real weasel. I don't understand why Arkansas would want him under these circumstances. I would think this hurts his credibility when recruiting.

He was around the #5 choice by Arkansas, which has a toxic segment of its fan base that ran Houston Nutt out.

After Nutt ran Arkansas found out it is not exactly regarded as being comparable to the Florida or Texas job. Arkansas needed a name and hired a social misfit.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
In his heart, I'm not sure that I can guess where Saban would prefer to be. He's in a position where he has it made if he can start winning. Facilities-wise, fanbase-wise, tradition, resources, etc., there is no place that is any better (there are some places that can rival Alabama, but none surpass it).

Because of the fanaticism of the Alabama fans (93,000 in attendance for a spring game) and the pressure that comes with being the head coach in Tuscaloosa, he might rather be somewhere else indeed. We shall see.

ever heard of the University of Michigan????

lilyoder6
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
idt that michigan wanted him... i didn't think he was going to leave after just 13 games... if anyone was going to resign this yr i thought it was going to be cameron..

silver & black
12-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Spelling is ...Kiffin.

Lets just say that Raider Nation is not real happy right now. I can't, and won't say any more right now.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Spelling is ...Kiffin.

Lets just say that Raider Nation is not real happy right now. I can't, and won't say any more right now.

But if Al runs another hire after 1 year who in their right mind takes that HC job before Al finally dies?

silver & black
12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
But if Al runs another hire after 1 year who in their right mind takes that HC job before Al finally dies?

I really can't say anything about anything at this time.

I am obligated to keep my mouth shut... for now.

I will let you know what I know when I can... if there is even any truth to it.

I am doing a bit of drinking right now... as I'm sure a lot of other Raider fans are too that have the info I have. :banging:

tony hipchest
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Spelling is ...Kiffin.

Lets just say that Raider Nation is not real happy right now. I can't, and won't say any more right now.it could be worse. it coulda been petrino quitting on you, yesterday.

i have no problem siding with all the falcon players who have spoken out and arthur blank. you see warrick dunn speak and his eyes show the great feeling of betrayal, hurt, and anger. like they say, this goes beyond the team and sundays. petrino is screwing with families, lives, and jobs. some of these guys maybe passed on other jobs and could be fired by the next regime, all for hitching their waggon to bobby "dont kill your" petrino.

the captain jumped ship and looked back smiling as it goes down.

i agree with some talking heads that say the commish needs to immediately step in and do something to see these college coaches arent using the nfl as a stepping stone to advance their college career.

silver & black
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
it could be worse. it coulda been petrino quitting on you, yesterday.

i have no problem siding with all the falcon players who have spoken out and arthur blank. you see warrick dunn speak and his eyes show the great feeling of betrayal, hurt, and anger. like they say, this goes beyond the team and sundays. petrino is screwing with families, lives, and jobs. some of these guys maybe passed on other jobs and could be fired by the next regime, all for hitching their waggon to bobby "dont kill your" petrino.

the captain jumped ship and looked back smiling as it goes down.

i agree with some talking heads that say the commish needs to immediately step in and do something to see these college coaches arent using the nfl as a stepping stone to advance their college career.

Trust me Tony, I don't give a rat's ass about Petrino quitting the Falcons, and I am not the least bit worried that it could have been us that he quit on. I have much bigger worries right now about my own team... to the point that I don't even know how to respond to what I have learned today.

I wish I could tell you what I know, or at least what the speculation is, at this time... but I just can't right now. It would be wrong for me to do so, and I could get banned from my own forum.

I will tell what I know when I can.

tony hipchest
12-12-2007, 11:07 PM

:thumbsup:

i thought maybe al davis has fallen in love with jason garrett and punched rob ryan. it cant be worse than that, can it?

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 01:44 AM
it would suck to be a falcons fan right now... all i can say is u guys have mean talent with deangelo hall (who should come to the steelers to reach his full potential) and john abraham... who could be great as a 3-4 pass rusher

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Trust me Tony, I don't give a rat's ass about Petrino quitting the Falcons, and I am not the least bit worried that it could have been us that he quit on. I have much bigger worries right now about my own team... to the point that I don't even know how to respond to what I have learned today.

I wish I could tell you what I know, or at least what the speculation is, at this time... but I just can't right now. It would be wrong for me to do so, and I could get banned from my own forum.

There is another thread that Kiffin allegedly pitched a fit when he did not get the Arkansas job - is is that or did Kiffin get busted for driving after hours because he is only old enough to have a learner's permit?