PDA

View Full Version : Jag injuries

Illinois Steel
12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
This may help things a little bit Sunday.

Stroud sprain ?pretty good?
Everything else positive

By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor
12/10/07

Jack Del Rio termed defensive tackle Marcus Stroud?s injury a ?pretty good sprain,? and that could be pretty bad news for a team that continues to battle injuries on its defensive line.

?At this point, there?s nothing more to add,? Del Rio said of Stroud?s injury, which occurred on the first play of the second half of Sunday?s 37-6 win over the Carolina Panthers. The injury is to Stroud?s right ankle, on which he had a microfracture surgical procedure last offseason.

Making matters worse for the Jaguars is the groin strain defensive end Reggie Hayward sustained a week earlier in Indianapolis. Del Rio confirmed that Hayward is likely to miss his second consecutive game this Sunday when the Jaguars play in Pittsburgh.
I will take all the help we can get even at the expense of the Jaguars health beings as neither injury is life threatening.

jjpro11
12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
normally i like for the opposition to be at full strength when we play them.. but at this point, i just dont care.. i want us to win the next 2 so we can seal up the afc north, stop having to hear about the browns hanging around and be able to rest our guys vs baltimore.

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Every team is banged up this time of year

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
The Jags always give the Steelers a hard time I don't have a good feeling about this game at all. Looks like it may snow on Sunday and the temperature will be 20 degrees. Hopefully the Jags will freeze their asses off and go home due to the weather.

touchdownward
12-11-2007, 09:43 PM
The Jag player I worry about the most is Fred Taylor. He seems to always have good games against us. His been very healthy this season so that doesn't bode well for us.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
The Jag player I worry about the most is Fred Taylor. He seems to always have good games against us. His been very healthy this season so that doesn't bode well for us.

Fred Taylor AND Drew-Jones and with Aaron Smith out for the rest of the year this is not good.

jjpro11
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Fred Taylor AND Drew-Jones and with Aaron Smith out for the rest of the year this is not good.

dont forget about MJD on special teams as well. the last thing we need is go give him a return touchdown or some big plays returning.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-11-2007, 09:56 PM
dont forget about MJD on special teams as well. the last thing we need is go give him a return touchdown or some big plays returning.

MJD :jawdrop: Please just put a knife in my heart now.

Yeah and add Dennis Northcut to the mix on special teams.

touchdownward
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
In the spirit of us scaring the hell out of each other :smile:, I was going to mention WR Matt Jones, but his stats are way down this season. He's missed 4 games, that might have something to do with it.

He's another one I've worried about in the past.

slippy
12-11-2007, 11:01 PM
thank god this is a home game.

if we can't beat the jags at home and st louis on the road, then we really have no business thinking beyond the first round of the playoffs.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-12-2007, 12:25 AM

if we can't beat the jags at home and st louis on the road, then we really have no business thinking beyond the first round of the playoffs.

The Jags always play us tough and I don't see that changing on Sunday. We couldn't beat the Jags last year at home. We all could really use a :hug:

sherlock
12-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Fellas,I`m new to the NFL and watch games and read you comments in a state of utter confusion due to my ignorance...this is why I love this forum so much,it`s a real learning experience for me.
However, i`m quite taken aback by the tide of pessimism here....is this a trait of Steelers fans? :smile:
Before the Pats game it seemed that most people here were confident of getting a result and now it`s all doom and gloom.
I understand these yo-yo emmotions as I`m just the same with my soccer team here in England!...so please don`t bite my head of!!
I only hope the team have more confidence than the fans going into the Jags game !!
Thanks for putting up with my newbie thoughts and finally,thanks for this fantastic forum...it seems to me that it`s the fans that make the Steelers so special.
:cheers:

Galax Steeler
12-12-2007, 05:03 AM
Welcome to the board we are some hardcore steeler fans and we bleed black and gold.

geo123
12-12-2007, 06:22 AM

Your probablly right, but once your in everyone's 0-0. Then we do the best we can and maybe get a break.

geo123
12-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Fellas,I`m new to the NFL and watch games and read you comments in a state of utter confusion due to my ignorance...this is why I love this forum so much,it`s a real learning experience for me.
However, i`m quite taken aback by the tide of pessimism here....is this a trait of Steelers fans? :smile:
Before the Pats game it seemed that most people here were confident of getting a result and now it`s all doom and gloom.
I understand these yo-yo emmotions as I`m just the same with my soccer team here in England!...so please don`t bite my head of!!
I only hope the team have more confidence than the fans going into the Jags game !!
Thanks for putting up with my newbie thoughts and finally,thanks for this fantastic forum...it seems to me that it`s the fans that make the Steelers so special.

It's not pessimism; it's a combination of fustration and realism.
It's a trait of all fans. We critique the game the players and anything else related. Thats what this chat room is about. Everyone posts his/her opinion.
It's not all gloom and doom but Sundays performance left a lot to be desired for us fans.
Most here are confident; I myself still have some doubts. That doen't mean I don't like them or won't root for them. We all want them to win every game, especially in the post season.

As far as us fans go I think we are special. The thing is I began watching them in the 70's(I'm sure others did as well) when they had a great team. A team that dominated games both on offense and defense. I guess I'm spoiled in that respect, and want to see the same from this group of players. Hope this explination helps, even though it's just my opinion.

sherlock
12-12-2007, 07:24 AM
It's not pessimism; it's a combination of fustration and realism.
It's a trait of all fans. We critique the game the players and anything else related. Thats what this chat room is about. Everyone posts his/her opinion.
It's not all gloom and doom but Sundays performance left a lot to be desired for us fans.
Most here are confident; I myself still have some doubts. That doen't mean I don't like them or won't root for them. We all want them to win every game, especially in the post season.

As far as us fans go I think we are special. The thing is I began watching them in the 70's(I'm sure others did as well) when they had a great team. A team that dominated games both on offense and defense. I guess I'm spoiled in that respect, and want to see the same from this group of players. Hope this explination helps, even though it's just my opinion.

Thank you for your answer geo123,everything you said I do understand..I`m just the same.
My trouble at the moment, because of my new found Steelers and NFL obsession I`m seeing everything through rose-tinted(should that be black and gold) glasses!
I hope my rookie based enthusiasm isn`t too annoying for everyone.My previous ramble was by no means a criticism...I`m like a kid in a candyshop at the moment .

:tt02:

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Sherlock,

Welcome to the best darned Steelers forum on the whole WWW! Great folks here who BLEED black and gold and have for many many years. The pessimism is more from the stinging spanking we took on Sunday, but rest assured by the time the game is on this Sunday, we will be screaming and hollering at our TV sets for our men in black (and gold) to cheer them on to victory.

I think that many of us had fairly low expectations when this season started because of the change in coach and our lacklustre (British Spelling!:jawdrop:) performance last year. When we came out of the blocks strongly, most of us were very pleasantly surprised and were hoping for great things from the Steelers. We had a couple of STUPID losses that make us cringe, but we are still four-square in support of our team.

We also love to arm-chair quarterback our team and have lots of great ideas about how we would make our team even better (don't we, guys????) :toofunny:

Sit a spell, grab a coffee :coffee: or a beer :cheers: and have a read through all of the forums... You will be a "black and gold bleeder " before you know it!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Mike in La Crosse, WI

revefsreleets
12-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm not that worried about the Jags, honestly, injuries or not. I'd be surprised if they were effective running on us, and that's the key to their offense. We'll return to form on defense this week and the offfense should get back on track.

RP_McMurphy
12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Is official now...

Stroud on injured reserve

By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor
12/12/07

The Jaguars have placed defensive tackle Marcus Stroud on the injured reserve list, which effectively ends his season. Stroud sustained a significant ankle sprain in the Jaguars? win over the Carolina Panthers this past Sunday.

Jaguars.com will provide additional information following coach Jack Del Rio?s press conference today.

Well that hurts for him as he has battled his sore ankle all year long. Well that leaves the Jaguars with a rotation of John Henderson, Rob Meir, Grady Jackson and Derek Landri at the DT spots. No doubt it will hurt but the Jaguars had gotten used to life without Marcus while he was out with a drug suspension (went 3-1).

rbryan
12-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Its being reported on Yahoo that Stroud is out for the year.

The Duke
12-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Its being reported on Yahoo that Stroud is out for the year.

that sucks for them. he's actually one of my favorite players

good for our steelers, but still.....get well soon stroud

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
The Aaron Smith & Stroud injuries are key losses to 2 defenses that might hassle the Colts & Pats in the playoffs.

Tough breaks for Jags & Steelers

CBS has to be feeling pretty good right now about the prospects for a Pats-Colts AFC championship.

FAB802
12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Jaguars placed DT Marcus Stroud on injured reserve with a "significant" right ankle sprain, ending his season.

Stroud, who just returned from a four-game suspension, had microfracture surgery on his ankle in the offseason, so this is becoming a lasting concern. The Jags could turn to either Rob Meier or Grady Jackson as a starter inside now, but are thinning on the defensive line with Reggie Hayward also hurt. This deeply hurts Jacksonville's rush defense.

sherlock
12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Sherlock,

Welcome to the best darned Steelers forum on the whole WWW! Great folks here who BLEED black and gold and have for many many years. The pessimism is more from the stinging spanking we took on Sunday, but rest assured by the time the game is on this Sunday, we will be screaming and hollering at our TV sets for our men in black (and gold) to cheer them on to victory.

I think that many of us had fairly low expectations when this season started because of the change in coach and our lacklustre (British Spelling!:jawdrop:) performance last year. When we came out of the blocks strongly, most of us were very pleasantly surprised and were hoping for great things from the Steelers. We had a couple of STUPID losses that make us cringe, but we are still four-square in support of our team.

We also love to arm-chair quarterback our team and have lots of great ideas about how we would make our team even better (don't we, guys????) :toofunny:

Sit a spell, grab a coffee :coffee: or a beer :cheers: and have a read through all of the forums... You will be a "black and gold bleeder " before you know it!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Thanks for your words Mike!...I had to laugh with your British spelling tag....I try to become an American when I write to this forum :smile:
cheers... er buddy:wave:

steelpride12
12-12-2007, 04:14 PM
No matter what the jags always give us hell and its always an amazing defensive battle in the trenches which i expect them to run the ball with two excellent backs.
There defense still Henderson and the rest of the D is strong and has a mentallity like the Steelers so him out or not its gonna be a good game!

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Jags are playing a "must win" game this weekend so we need to bring our A game and get up on them early and punch them in the neck for 60 mins.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Jags are playing a "must win" game this weekend so we need to bring our A game and get up on them early and punch them in the neck for 60 mins.

Why is it "must win"

lilyoder6
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
they said that smith was alrdy a partial tear in his bicep and playing in the game made it worse... well he is out for the season.. so mcbean and travis will get a lot of playing time... maybe i would look at maybe trying to put woodly at the position for some reps...

Rhee Rhee
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
we NEVER EVER EVER run the ball against Jax mainly because we cant... im sorry stroud is one of the best 4-3 DT's but we still will not be able to run at ALL the jags Defense comes to play when they plat PIttsburgh and we will get manhandled on the O-line...

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=lilyoder6;338771maybe i would look at maybe trying to put woodly at the position for some reps...[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken this question was asked of Tomlin in his press conference yesterday. Someone asked if he would consider Woodly in Smiths place.

Tomlin's answer "no he's a linebacker"