PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Tells Belichick To Get Lost

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 06:47 AM
As anyone reading this board knows, I am no Anthony Smith fan

But I am a huge Mike Tomlin fan

Props to Coach Tomlin for these comments yesterday:

Tomlin responded to Patriots coach Bill Belichick's criticism of the Steelers' safeties. Belichick said about Anthony Smith: "We've played against a lot better safeties than him, I'll tell you." And about the team's safeties in particular: "Well, again, the safety play at that position was pretty inviting."

"I don't care what Coach Belichick has to say after the games regarding our performance," Tomlin said. "I compliment them for a great game and we move forward. His opinions are irrelevant to us, because we focus on what it is we do and how we prepare in moving forward. Do we need to get better play? Absolutely, but it won't be because he said it.":thumbsup:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07346/840933-66.stm

Unlike teams like the Falcons, the Steelers know their head coach has their back..

Bill Belichick is a loathsome human being. I am to the point I am hoping something terrible happens to the Pats - if that makes me a bad person so be it. Karma is a b***h

FAB802
12-12-2007, 06:53 AM
The Patriots are a farce. Everyone points to them as the model organization now because of Belichokehischiken and sissy boy Brady. Anthony Smith should have kept his mouth shut. That doesn't change the lack of class shown by the Patsie organization on a weekly basis. They cheated, they were caught. You can say they aren't doing it anymore, but EVERYTHING they have accomplished under that pompous jackass is tainted. I will never give them credit for anything. I won't insult people who want to jump on the slurpfest, I just don't buy into it. I will never wish injury on a player, but I won't fake concern for one who has brought it on themselves either. What comes around goes around.

fansince'76
12-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Bill Belichick is a loathsome human being. I am to the point I am hoping something terrible happens to the Pats - if that makes me a bad person so be it. Karma is a b***h

I agree wholeheartedly. And I'm glad that Tomlin basically told that pr*ck in so many words to go do something anatomically impossible with himself.

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 06:56 AM

No!!!!! Say it ain't so!!! :wink02::wink02:

"I don't care what Coach Belichick has to say after the games regarding our performance," Tomlin said. "I compliment them for a great game and we move forward. His opinions are irrelevant to us, because we focus on what it is we do and how we prepare in moving forward. Do we need to get better play? Absolutely, but it won't be because he said it."[/I]:thumbsup:

In other words, FOOK YOU BELICHICK. Tomlin was being overly polite. :toofunny:

I watched the clip of Tomlin's statements last night on the news. There was a fire in his eyes and I knew he was pissed, but as always, he was the consummate classy professional. Props, Coach Tomlin, for having the backs of your guys and for carrying on the Steelers' classy tradition. :cheers:

I, too, am a huge fan of Mike Tomlin. Beliprick's remarks were unnecessary, classless and unprofessional, but was anyone shocked? I'm with you, Dan - karma is a b**ch and what goes around eventually comes around. :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
maybe bellycheat should take lessons from tomlin on how to be a classy man...oh wait he wouldnt know class if it slapped him upside his hoodie head.

as for pretty boy he was cute in his pc sunday after the game but monday he did a radio show and was a total prick.thanks brady for making u of m look bad....:banging:

i hope that we get to meet them in the playoffs and stick it to them.:tt02:

Jman
12-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Tough words from our tough coach. :helmet: For the record, I too, enjoy everything this man says in public.

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 08:20 AM
If anyone is interested in watching the video of Tomlin's "reply" to Beliprick, I have linked it below. You have to be a little patient with the ad and Shumway's babble before getting to the good stuff. Notice Beliprick's usual arrogance. :jerkit: Well worth watching! :thumbsup:

http://kdka.com/video/?cid=33

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
i hope his arrogance comes back and bites him in the butt!!! i know its not the christian way to hate anyone, but i hate the pats and belichick!

susielr
12-12-2007, 08:25 AM

But I am a huge Mike Tomlin fan

Props to Coach Tomlin for these comments yesterday:

Tomlin responded to Patriots coach Bill Belichick's criticism of the Steelers' safeties. Belichick said about Anthony Smith: "We've played against a lot better safeties than him, I'll tell you." And about the team's safeties in particular: "Well, again, the safety play at that position was pretty inviting."

"I don't care what Coach Belichick has to say after the games regarding our performance," Tomlin said. "I compliment them for a great game and we move forward. His opinions are irrelevant to us, because we focus on what it is we do and how we prepare in moving forward. Do we need to get better play? Absolutely, but it won't be because he said it.":thumbsup:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07346/840933-66.stm

Unlike teams like the Falcons, the Steelers know their head coach has their back..

I can't believe that!! I missed the news conference yesterday but don't put Belichick past be a jerk. But did anyone notice him shake Tomlins hand after the game because I didn't. I think he is clearly unprofessional at the way I have seen him treat other coaches after games. Even other football players. Also when Brady had that chat with Anthony Smith after the first touchdown and James Harrison came and chest bumped him and backed Anthony up(by the way I did not agree with what Smith said) not one single Patriot came over and backed Brady up. They just walked by. Shows what kind of a team they are.:helmet:

Counselor
12-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Found this on a Patriots website of the post game handshake. I guess they have a running thread as to whether there is a handshake each week.

The look on Tomlin's face says a lot.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 08:42 AM
wow coach tomlin looks really pissed.

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2007, 08:58 AM
I don't care what Coach Belichick has to say after the games regarding our performance," Tomlin said. "I compliment them for a great game and we move forward. His opinions are irrelevant to us, because we focus on what it is we do and how we prepare in moving forward. Do we need to get better play? Absolutely, but it won't be because he said it."

*memphissteelergirl cues the applause machine for Coach T*

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

PREACH, MIKE, PREACH!!!

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Found this on a Patriots website of the post game handshake. I guess they have a running thread as to whether there is a handshake each week.

The look on Tomlin's face says a lot.

Tomlin has that "Bite Me Beyotch" look on his face. :thumbsup:

If I were a bettin' gal, I'd say Beliprick has a camera hidden under that headband. :eye:

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Tomlin has that "Bite Me Beyotch" look on his face. :thumbsup:

If I were a bettin' gal, I'd say Beliprick has a camera hidden under that headband. :eye:

or his mistress's well i better not say..lol

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2007, 09:10 AM
or his mistress's well i better not say..lol

Oh, by all means...share! :wink02:

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh, by all means...share! :wink02:
i have to be good:flap: i am expecting santa to bring me something good for christmas this year..lol

BlastFurnace
12-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Basically, what it comes down to is that Bellichek got lucky with a 6th round draft pick. He's a great defensive mind, but Brady is the one that drives that offensive machine. It wasn't Weis and it isn't the new OC...it's all about Brady.

pmanning
12-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Basically, what it comes down to is that Bellichek got lucky with a 6th round draft pick. He's a great defensive mind, but Brady is the one that drives that offensive machine. It wasn't Weis and it isn't the new OC...it's all about Brady.

You've got that right. Quarterbacks can sometimes make their coaches look very good. Part of an article below from the Globe.
================================================== =============

To defensive coordinators, it is part of what makes Brady so difficult to defend. While much attention is paid to the way he throws the ball, perhaps overlooked is how effective he is at deciphering what he sees from the defense before the snap.

"It's ridiculous how good he is, and he's so poised in that situation," said Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan. "You see the whole team believes in him. Right now, he's playing as well as anyone in the league, the history of the league."

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Coach Tomlin...I would love to hear what he says behind the closed doors of the locker room or during film session.

Sometimes the most articulate and humble speaking men in the public eye are volcanic erruptions behind the scenes.

Looking forward to a great game this weekend against the Jags in a Win and IN game.

Steeldude
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
very misleading title. i thought he actually did tell him to get lost.

Tankus_Maximus
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Damn..that look that Tomlin's giving the Bitch is pretty intense.

It's got "I'ma pop a cap in yo' ass!" written all over it.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM

:toofunny::sofunny::toofunny::sofunny:

I really wish he would!

Providence Steel
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Sorry guys...
This is finding something to nitpick about as some sort of moral victory after getting our asses kicked by the Patriots again...

Belichick knows how to beat us. He has always known and that is to pass. Our coverage sucks...it has for a good 10 years to this point. After Brady had his BEST game of the season against us, after a second string corner opened his damn mouth, after an experienced RB named Parker gave weight to the statements and after the Pats kicked our ASSES again, Belichick said what was TRUE and I'm glad he said it....

Our corners suck! He knows, it, Tomlin knows it, and every coach in the league knows it. Saying it doesn't make you an a$$ especially after you took a sh*t for brains guarantee from a 2nd string player and shoved it FAR down the collective throats of the Steelers mouths.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 11:07 AM

i thought that was tom brady's job.. you know to pop a ...well you get where i am going ..lol :flap:

Uncle Ced
12-12-2007, 11:09 AM
wow coach tomlin looks really pissed.

He should, his team did get embarrassed you know. What do you want him to do, where a smiley face shirt with "Have A Nice Day" on it(It comes in Steelers colors,ha)? Funny thing is Bellichick used the same exact game plan against Tomlin last year when he was with the Vikings. Some people never learn.:banging:

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I truly look forward to the press conference after the Pats first loss. And more so, if it comes in the playoffs and they become the biggest choke ever, surpassing the Buffalo 4 times in a row losses. 16-1 as a final season record would be...hilarious.

Effing Hilarious. I'd be on the Pats boards for the next 8 months...laughing.

Kind of like the WVU boards now that they lost 13-9 to Pitt. Laughing.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Karma...is what it is...and when it comes back...it comes back and bites you 3 times over...I can't wait.

fansince'76
12-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Funny thing is Bellichick used the same exact game plan against Tomlin last year when he was with the Vikings. Some people never learn.:banging:

Funny, I figured it was because his run game is complete shit....

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Exactly Fan 76. If all you CAN do is Pass, that's all you're going to do.

So now we have tape on them, not obtained illegally, and we can study their game plan against us, and adjust our defense should we ever play them again this season. On offense, we saw some break downs on their side of the ball as well, so we can work to exploit those, should the opportunity present it self.

One skirmish, in the battle, of the War, called an NFL Season.

BlastFurnace
12-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Funny thing is Bellichick used the same exact game plan against Tomlin last year when he was with the Vikings. Some people never learn.:banging:

That's interesting to know. I forgot how badly the Pats beat the Vikes last season.

I hope Tomlin is mad...I hope the entire Steeler roster is mad....but mad isn't going to make up between the difference between these two teams right now. The Patriots are the windshield...the Steelers are the bug.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
The Steelers are not a bug.

The Dolphins, ok they can be called a bug. The Steelers are a playoff team in the AFC and will be playing past week 17. Bugs don't do that.

The Patriots are a good passing football team. They are also coached very well. They can't stop the run, or run the ball. We'll see what that means come playoffs.

Uncle Ced
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
The truth of the matter is that the Patriots running game is an enigma. We just don't have enough evidence to say that it is awful, great or somewhere in between. If you look at the #'s there not as bad as you might think. With the weapons they have at WR the Patriots simply have not had to com-mitt to the run. I know this is sacrelig down in Steeler land but it is what it is. Maybe this is the future of footballl or maybe we will never see anything like this again. All I know is that it has worked so far and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

jjpro11
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
i hate belichick

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Colts offense of 05 and the Rams offense of 99. Its nothing I haven't already seen before. The Dolphins of the 80s, no running game at all. Hence Marino owned every passing record in the book. The running backs get yards off draws more than lining it up and smashing into the line.

Yep, pretty much have seen this before. We'll see what it is when it matters.

DACEB
12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
That's interesting to know. I forgot how badly the Pats beat the Vikes last season.

I hope Tomlin is mad...I hope the entire Steeler roster is mad....but mad isn't going to make up between the difference between these two teams right now. The Patriots are the windshield...the Steelers are the bug.

In the second half of the game Brady & Welker killed us with the short passes. They were passing short because we were putting the pressure on Brady. Why Tyrone Carter was not pressing Welker at the line is beyond me.

So the Pats took advantage of our 2 backup Safeties, ok.

I still believe we can beat the Pats and hopefully we get that oppurtunity again in January!!

Uncle Ced
12-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Colts offense of 05 and the Rams offense of 99. Its nothing I haven't already seen before. The Dolphins of the 80s, no running game at all. Hence Marino owned every passing record in the book. The running backs get yards off draws more than lining it up and smashing into the line.

Yep, pretty much have seen this before. We'll see what it is when it matters.

True-dat. We have seen forms of this brand of football before but you can argue this is the best version to date. If the Patriots do win the Super Bowl this season coaches next season will fall in line. This is a copycat league. Three yards and a cloud of dust, RIP.

stillers4me
12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm on my lunch break and I'm lovin' this thread....

I hate Belicheater. He's stuck his foot up everyone he can since he got caught cheating. What goes around comes around.............

BlastFurnace
12-12-2007, 12:03 PM
The Steelers are not a bug.

The Dolphins, ok they can be called a bug. The Steelers are a playoff team in the AFC and will be playing past week 17. Bugs don't do that.

The Patriots are a good passing football team. They are also coached very well. They can't stop the run, or run the ball. We'll see what that means come playoffs.

I beg to differ. 3 out of the past 5 times we have played them, they have owned us. It hasn't even been close. They have beaten us 5 out of 6 times as well.

We are not even close to them right now. That doesn't mean that we are not a very good team. They are just that much better than everyone else.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
my glass is half full. I welcome the challenge of seeing them again.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 12:23 PM
very misleading title. i thought he actually did tell him to get lost.

The title is a very accurate summary of what Tomlin said - you want me to just quote Tomlin and make that the subject heading?:smile:

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry guys...
This is finding something to nitpick about as some sort of moral victory after getting our asses kicked by the Patriots again...

Belichick knows how to beat us. He has always known and that is to pass. Our coverage sucks...it has for a good 10 years to this point. After Brady had his BEST game of the season against us, after a second string corner opened his damn mouth, after an experienced RB named Parker gave weight to the statements and after the Pats kicked our ASSES again, Belichick said what was TRUE and I'm glad he said it....

Our corners suck! He knows, it, Tomlin knows it, and every coach in the league knows it. Saying it doesn't make you an a$$ especially after you took a sh*t for brains guarantee from a 2nd string player and shoved it FAR down the collective throats of the Steelers mouths.

Players talk trash about opposing players - class act coaches do not trash opposing players. You will notice Tomlin directed his comments to Belichick for his comments and did not address Brady's post-game sniping.

CanadianSteel
12-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Well at least it looks like our coach could kick Belicheats butt........
Thats something isnt it ? Go get em Mike.....

steelcity58
12-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Props to Coach Tomlin.

I agree as well with most of the rest of you guys.

Before Spygate, I actually had the now erroneous impression that the Pats were a class organization.

But since Bellicheat's actions and words, and the obnoxiously ****y, and over-arrogant sideline displays and demeanor of Tom "tinky winkle" Brady, I now have a new team to hate more than even the once Madden coached Raiders.

The Pats suck, and trust me.

What goes around eventually comes around.

Go STEELERS!!!:tt02:

BAS
12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
As much as I appreciate and applaud Tomlin's comments regarding Belichick's comments - I'm hoping that he had some harsh words for the team... especially to those players who thought that poking the lion with a stick was a good idea.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 12:47 PM
now guys we all know its willie parkers fault that tomlin made those comments about belichick...lol...

4xSBChamps
12-12-2007, 12:56 PM
..... we have seen forms of this brand of football before..... three-yards and a cloud of dust, RIP.

The Cards & Chargers tried it with 'Air Coryell', but the rules of the times wouldn't allow it:
with the advent of 'legalized-holding' (open-hand blocking ) on pass-plays and out-lawing the bump-and-run, times-changed
(who here recalls a time when TV announcers repeated "no team has thrown 40 passes and won a game" during broadcasts? )

Frisco began the trend, and were successful simply because they had 'some' semblence of a running-game, where Miami & Marino failed.....
I believe hearing Dieon Sanders was once named Defensive MVP, yet credited with making just 13 tackles in a season.....

even Denver/Horse-Teef and Green Bay/Favre weren't a threat until they had a good ground-game.

..... but Indianapolis/Manning and New England/Brady are taking this 'pass-and-tab' to another level
:yawn:

the pu$$ification of the NFL has been completed.....
:banging:

The Duke
12-12-2007, 12:57 PM
now guys we all know its willie parkers fault that tomlin made those comments about belichick...lol...

damn him :banging:

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 01:01 PM
damn him :banging:
off with his head...lol

4xSBChamps
12-12-2007, 01:09 PM
As much as I appreciate and applaud Tomlin's comments regarding Belichick's comments - I'm hoping that he had some harsh words for the team... especially to those players who thought that poking the lion with a stick was a good idea.

..... the movie-scene, where Beldar Conehead is sentenced to narfle-the-garthog, comes to mind.....

:buttkick:

Edman
12-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Thank you Coach Tomlin. To hell with Belichick and the Patriots organization, from devil Kraft to their stupid fans. I don't give a damn if they win 24 games in a row, they'll never any repect from me. Props maybe, but no respect.

It also doesn't help that the Steelers can't beat these clowns.

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Sorry guys...

*Whew*. Prov - you scared me for a minute. I thought you were slippin' there when I read the first paragraph and a half and didn't see a smack at Willie.

Uh-huh. That's why our secondary, before last week's debacle, was ranked #1 in the league. Our D overall is still ranked #1 - just saw the rankings this morning.

As far as Beliprick goes- simply put . . . .

You can't put silk socks on a hog.

P@yne
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I knew it was over when Smith ran his mouth. You see the football gods don't like when benchwarmers run off at the mouth. They also don't like cheaters so I have faith that the football gods are setting up the Pats and Bellicheat for a huge letdown.

Typical football god wrath scenario:

Brady throws his 48th TD pass to Moss against Miami and in the process takes a huge hit from Porter and suffers an injury that keeps him out of the playoffs. Moss, running full bore turns and sees his boy take a vicious hit totally forgets about the big goal post in the middle of the end zone. :dang: Concussion....out of the playoffs. Belicheat, seeing both his boys laid out on the field scrambles to get to Brady's side trips on the dildo that just fell out of his sock (he keeps one there because you never know when you'll need a dildo) and slams his huge egotistical head into the middle of Welkers chest. Bruised sternum....out of the playoffs.

Hey! It could happen.

steelpride12
12-12-2007, 03:04 PM
What cay i say our coach knows how to get it done. He is a tough minded guy who don't give a $hit what anyone says or thinks.
Tomlin knows it one game at a time and thats how he approaches each week with a positive mind set because he trusts the Steelers will not let him down.
I didn't like picking Tomlin up in the beg. of the year, but now i think it was the perfect choice and i cant wait to see him around for a long time!

Big D
12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
so far one of my favorite things about tomlin is his outspoken personality. I love his one liners

The_WARDen
12-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Exactly Fan 76. If all you CAN do is Pass, that's all you're going to do.

So now we have tape on them, not obtained illegally, and we can study their game plan against us, and adjust our defense should we ever play them again this season. On offense, we saw some break downs on their side of the ball as well, so we can work to exploit those, should the opportunity present it self.

One skirmish, in the battle, of the War, called an NFL Season.

No offense but the Steelers didn't have tape of them passing before Sunday's game?
The Patsies have been passing all season...and now because they did it to the Steelers, all of a sudden LeBeau will figure it out?

19ward86
12-12-2007, 03:53 PM
he stood up to a very famous coach which shows a lot of balls. that is why he is the steelers head coach.

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
No offense but the Steelers didn't have tape of them passing before Sunday's game?
The Patsies have been passing all season...and now because they did it to the Steelers, all of a sudden LeBeau will figure it out?

I think he meant we have current film to study their latest offensive schemes and line formations. Hey - with a QB like A$$ Chin, you can never study enough film.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
That is what I mean, we have film on their adjustments to our defense and can evaluate what they did differently and prepare, should they make it far enough to face us again.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 05:12 PM
That is what I mean, we have film on their adjustments to our defense and can evaluate what they did differently and prepare, should they make it far enough to face us again.

Unfortunately the Pats make pretty good adjustments to our adjustments

Anyone else remember the "Star Trek Next Generation" android villains "the Borg" (resistance is futile - you will be assimilated)?

That is what playing that Pats offense reminds me off

Rhee Rhee
12-12-2007, 06:17 PM
screw him we're the ones with 5 superbowls. hes a D-head who should have been kicked out of the NFL for cheating and he shoulda been docked his entire pay for the year.. gosh i hope the patriots just die

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 06:23 PM
now now we dont wish death on anyone.lol. that isnt the christian way.. but i hear ya with the pats... i wish they would just go away...

Davison_K
12-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Uncle Ced;338614the Patriots simply have not had to com-mitt to the run

Yeah when they are blowing teams out by 30 points they have no need to just run the clock out. Seriously, who does the classy thing?

stillers4me
12-12-2007, 06:54 PM

Anyone else remember the "Star Trek Next Generation" android villains "the Borg" (resistance is futile - you will be assimilated)?

Exactly.......like in the movies when there's an army of machines that evolve and get smarter as the war goes on. Where's Arnold when you need him???????? :wink02:

We'll be back. :sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
F'n Clem Clediddlehpper MF's. I TOL YOU. You would not heed the writingof the Finger On the Wall. Now look at you. LOOK AT YOU! Babblin about Karma and Dharma and Squarma...and you are loosing @SS MF's now aren't you?

And look at how y'all take comfort "my Coach can beat up your Coach".

And I heard that Pittsburg was ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL...

Y'all are disgustin..and if you want more of the Pats they got plenty left whereb that came from...

And Ward..4th down! Here come Rodney!...DUCK MF!!!!

Thank you for that incisive rebuttal - considered adjusting your meds lately?

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM

are we sure didnt have grimm in the locker room making his great adjustments like last year...????lol:flap:

stillers4me
12-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Finger on The Wall
F'n Clem Clediddlehpper MF's. I TOL YOU. You would not heed the writingof the Finger On the Wall. Now look at you. LOOK AT YOU! Babblin about Karma and Dharma and Squarma...and you are loosing @SS MF's now aren't you?

And look at how y'all take comfort "my Coach can beat up your Coach".

And I heard that Pittsburg was ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL...

Y'all are disgustin..and if you want more of the Pats they got plenty left whereb that came from...

And Ward..4th down! Here come Rodney!...DUCK MF!!!!

And when that kharma hits home, we'll never hear from Clem Clediddlefinger again.

fansince'76
12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Thank you for that incisive rebuttal - considered adjusting your meds lately?

"Finger on The Wall" - funny, I think "Thumb up My Ass" would be more appropriate.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
"Finger on The Wall" - funny, I think "Thumb up My Ass" would be more appropriate.

thank you '76. that is a visual i didnt need.:flap:

susielr
12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Steelers 37, Pats 3

Tom Brady: Broken arm

Instead of a broken arm, they could take him out of the game by messing up his face, you know, teeth, hair, skin. He would have a nervous breakdown.:wink02:

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Instead of a broken arm, they could take him out of the game by messing up his face, you know, teeth, hair, skin. He would have a nervous breakdown.:wink02:

you know that they keep facial cream on the sideline for brady:sofunny:

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 09:22 PM

That's not facial cream (on second thought . . . ). :chuckle:

I think a kick in the noots would have been appropo. It would have saved the world from being exposed to the hundreds of the spawn he spreads around.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM

I think a kick in the noots would have been appropo. It would have saved the world from being exposed to the hundreds of the spawn he spreads around.

you better not go there HTG. maybe he needs to learn the word rubber.. and i dont mean for a football

HometownGal
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
you better not go there HTG. maybe he needs to learn the word rubber.. and i dont mean for a football

Twinkle Toes doesn't need to learn the meaning of that word - he needs to learn how to use them. :wink02:

tony hipchest
12-12-2007, 11:14 PM
what? tom brady had a kid? was it anal birth or b-section (bowel)?

i was really glad to see tomlin come out and pretty much tell belichick to go f**k himself. you dont see that too often, especially from a rookie coach.

i bet the rooneys made it a point to get him his christmas bonus check before he left the building on tuesday.

however im sure the scum will spin this as the steelers disrespecting them. they (and especially the pundits) always say they dont need this stuff. dont believe it. they thrive off it. always have, always will. the patriots have NEVER had success without that external scource of motivation.

and dont buy into the fabricated hype that they have so much class and would never talk bad about an upcoming opponent and that they let their play on the field do the talking.

that team mocks and disrespects their opponents more than any championship team i can ever remember.

and who the hell are they?

they are the anthony smiths of superbowl lore. i mean, what have they really done? win 3 superbowls by a combined 9 pts + HGH + stealing signals? not to mention they shit one of the worst games ever in 85.

they are just the young punks who wanna step on the scene and flap their arms in the face of their opponents, like they invented the game.

SteelersMongol
12-12-2007, 11:52 PM
:toofunny: Ha ha ha. Nice comeback Tony. :hug: I actually wish it was you who were talking trash with Brady the Goatboy, instead of our rookie kid Smith. :wink02:

F*ck the Pats!!! I think I hate those bastards more than I hate the crybaby Seahacks now.

http://kdka.com/video/?cid=33 When you actually look at the clip you can see Brady the Goatlove is walking away. Scared little punk.

stillers4me
12-13-2007, 05:30 AM
:toofunny: Ha ha ha. Nice comeback Tony. :hug: I actually wish it was you who were talking trash with Brady the Goatboy, instead of our rookie kid Smith. :wink02:

F*ck the Pats!!! I think I hate those bastards more than I hate the crybaby Seahacks now.

http://kdka.com/video/?cid=33 When you actually look at the clip you can see Brady the Goatlove is walking away. Scared little punk.

Like I said in a previous post, Anthony Smith is a punk. So is Brady......he's just the punk that won.

Mike Tomlin is keeping mental score...............and you know what they say about paybacks. He may not spit and yell, but there's fire in his eyes and he's every bit as passionate as Cowher was. He wants his chance at the Pats. Tomlin won't be forgetting Dec. 9, 2007.

noto45
12-13-2007, 06:59 AM
tomlin is the man!

PatsFan2003
12-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Tomlin did the right thing even if the Patriots did take advantage of Smith.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Tomlin did the right thing even if the Patriots did take advantage of Smith.

Thanks - believe it or not, it is my opinion most of us on this board do not hate the Pats for their success but for crap like that which Belichick was dealing after the game on Sunday.

“For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?
Mark 8:36

SteelersJW
12-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Mike Tomlin's such a bad ass

Providence Steel
12-13-2007, 10:04 AM
*Whew*. Prov - you scared me for a minute. I thought you were slippin' there when I read the first paragraph and a half and didn't see a smack at Willie.

Uh-huh. That's why our secondary, before last week's debacle, was ranked #1 in the league. Our D overall is still ranked #1 - just saw the rankings this morning.

As far as Beliprick goes- simply put . . . .

You can't put silk socks on a hog.

Agreed Belichick is not a favotite of anyone except for a New England fan. If he was our coach and put 3 more SB rings on the Steelers fingers, we'd love him too. But saying what he said doesn't make him ass. He spoke truthfully.

Willie Parker went on Rome, said he wasnt mad about what Smith said and said that the Steelers have to go out and back him up...essentially repeating and giving weight to the guarantee. A veteran should be a leader in the club house and should have politely gone over and kicked Smiths teeth down the back of his throat and told him to shut the hell up.

Second. Our defense is one of the best in the league after playing creampuffs the whole season. Guess it wasn't so great against the Cardinals, Jets, Broncos or the Patriots. It's difficult to judge your defense against the rest of the league when you haven't even played half of the other teams. Thats why I hate stats. Being the "best" didnt do jack crap for us against the better teams in the league and I predict that the Jags and Rams (should Bulger play) are going to eat us up for lots of pass yardage too. Steelers pass coverage leaves a lot to be desired...just ask Belichick...what he said was absolutely correct and he made us look like paper champions AGAIN.

P@yne
12-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks - believe it or not, it is my opinion most of us on this board do not hate the Pats for their success but for crap like that which Belichick was dealing after the game on Sunday.

I agree, I would love to see Belicheats smug face smacked to the other side of his head.

cubanstogie
12-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Agreed Belichick is not a favotite of anyone except for a New England fan. If he was our coach and put 3 more SB rings on the Steelers fingers, we'd love him too. But saying what he said doesn't make him ass. He spoke truthfully.

Willie Parker went on Rome, said he wasnt mad about what Smith said and said that the Steelers have to go out and back him up...essentially repeating and giving weight to the guarantee. A veteran should be a leader in the club house and should have politely gone over and kicked Smiths teeth down the back of his throat and told him to shut the hell up.

Second. Our defense is one of the best in the league after playing creampuffs the whole season. Guess it wasn't so great against the Cardinals, Jets, Broncos or the Patriots. It's difficult to judge your defense against the rest of the league when you haven't even played half of the other teams. Thats why I hate stats. Being the "best" didnt do jack crap for us against the better teams in the league and I predict that the Jags and Rams (should Bulger play) are going to eat us up for lots of pass yardage too. Steelers pass coverage leaves a lot to be desired...just ask Belichick...what he said was absolutely correct and he made us look like paper champions AGAIN.

Browns and Bengals and Seahags cream puff offenses. I don't agreee. Our D has saved our ass multiple games this year. No Doubt the secondary got burned last week but lets not judge the D in one game with one of the best QB's ever and great receivers after a DB lit a fire under their ass. I actually defended Smith initially,I look back and I was naive. Why would anyone want to give the Pats extra motivation after the 2 lackluster wins they had previously. Hopefully he grew up a little and was humbled. This secondary is still better than we have had since Shell, Blount days. I know FWP is leeding the league in rushing but I don't like our running game anymore. Something is lacking but its not our Defense thats for sure. The Jags scare me because they remind me of the Steelers in 2005, Bulger won't do squat against us. He will throw for 40 times and probably rack in a few yards but its because they will be well behind.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2007, 10:38 AM

Speaking truthfully is not the sole measure of whether a statement is proper. Small children are taught it is not always proper to blurt out what they believe ("Mommy that woman is really fat").

If you expect such restraint out of children you expect a successful adult in his fifties to avoid the sort of gloating and petty behvior one might see out of a 15 year old boy.

This certainly is not an isolated incident with Belichick and yeah, it does make him an ass.

As for your claim we would all love this sort of conduct if he was our coach, speak for yourself.

susielr
12-13-2007, 10:47 AM

and a mirror...:toofunny:

susielr
12-13-2007, 10:48 AM

Now that 's a good quote....:toofunny:

Providence Steel
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Speaking truthfully is not the sole measure of whether a statement is proper. Small children are taught it is not always proper to blurt out what they believe ("Mommy that woman is really fat").

If you expect such restraint out of children you expect a successful adult in his fifties to avoid the sort of gloating and petty behvior one might see out of a 15 year old boy.

This certainly is not an isolated incident with Belichick and yeah, it does make him an ass.

As for your claim we would all love this sort of conduct if he was our coach, speak for yourself.

Come on...
Lets not hold football coaches or players to the standard of Jesus. What Billycheat said was reserved compared to what I would have said. Football is not a game of niceties and manners. You think people are out on the field apologizing for what they said about someones mother? Maybe they are saying sorry after laying someone out flat? You think Tomlin is apologizing for anything?

Belichick is an ass but his statements about our lousy play at corners adds nothing to that legacy. What makes him an ass is his process of winning including cheating and his manners toward the media. Stating that our corner play was some of the most lack luster he has seen AFTER stomping all over a guarantee and having Brady post nearly 100 yards a quarter (!!!!!!!!!) on us is nothing short of the hurtful truth.

Maybe you'd teach your children to lie too.
I dont look at football players and coaches as role models for my children. I look to them to put up or shut up and kick butt on the field. Bill Belichick, puts up every time he plays us.

Lets face it. We are the doormats for the Patriots Super bowl victories just as the Oilers were to us in the 70s and until that changes, Bill has ever right and opening in my book to shove some stupid guarantee made by a piss ant second stringer on the Steelers right down our collective throats with...

THE TRUTH.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Come on...
Lets not hold football coaches or players to the standard of Jesus. What Billycheat said was reserved compared to what I would have said. Football is not a game of niceties and manners. You think people are out on the field apologizing for what they said about someones mother? Maybe they are saying sorry after laying someone out flat? You think Tomlin is apologizing for anything?

Belichick is an ass but his statements about our lousy play at corners adds nothing to that legacy. What makes him an ass is his process of winning including cheating and his manners toward the media. Stating that our corner play was some of the most lack luster he has seen AFTER stomping all over a guarantee and having Brady post nearly 100 yards a quarter (!!!!!!!!!) on us is nothing short of the hurtful truth.

Maybe you'd teach your children to lie too.
I dont look at football players and coaches as role models for my children. I look to them to put up or shut up and kick butt on the field. Bill Belichick, puts up every time he plays us.

Lets face it. We are the doormats for the Patriots Super bowl victories just as the Oilers were to us in the 70s and until that changes, Bill has ever right and opening in my book to shove some stupid guarantee made by a piss ant second stringer on the Steelers right down our collective throats with...

THE TRUTH.

Where to start:

1. Expecting a football coach to act in a civil manner off the field is not holding them to what most people regard as the standards of Jesus, although you apparently regard such behavior as unattainable - you and I disagree on that. Just because someone insults you but could have said something worse is hardly the metric for socially appropriate behavior - you and I disagree on that too.

2. "Maybe you would teach your children to lie too" - I cannot fathom where in the mirrored hallways of your thought processes you came up with that one, so all I can say is that I guess your idea of proper child raising is to tell children to say whatever is on their mind at all times in all social settings - I guess we will disagree on that too.

3. I do not look at athletes as my role models either and did not say i did - we agree on that. I do expect coaches to show some minor degree of dignity and maturity off the field no matter how often they win (in fact since the most successful coaches are role models for other coaches they actually do have greater responsibility not to dishonor their profession- we disagree on that).

4. Winning does not justify arrogance - we disagree on that.

Which leads to my final point. Anyone who asserts a series of opinions as THE TRUTH apparently does not have much familiarity with the definition of the term.

:cheers:

steel striker
12-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Don't worry guys payback is coming and, in the playoffs we will make the right adjustments and put pretty boy in his place. God i hate the cheaters more than i hate the ratbirds,browns and the bungals that is sad. Just wait and see once we beat them you will see that smirk disappear from billicheat/brady.

noto45
12-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Tomlin is SUPERFLY!

LVSteelersfan
12-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Anyone who says they want to meet the Pats again in the playoffs needs their head examined. There is no way in hell we could ever beat that team playing the way we have been playing. We have lost two very key defensive players for the rest of the season. The Oline can't block for crap. Ben telegraphs when the ball is going to be snapped and whether it is a passing or running play. You better pray that we beat San Diego out for the 3rd seed and the Chargers knock those ****y bastards out of there in their first game. If they get past the first game, they will not be beat. If you are basing your thoughts on reality and not on being a total homer, you have to realize the Steelers may win the wild card game, but that is all the farther they are going this year barring a MIRACLE. And don't tell me about '05. We had an Oline that blocked that year.

Elvis
12-15-2007, 06:11 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_12_168.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_72.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_103.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7924)

iupdauber
12-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Bump and run coverage. Thats something I havent seen a ton of against the patties. The only reciever on that NE team that can take a hit is welker. If you smack Moss across the face a few times, knock him around, with his big mouth, he'll do something stupid and get a 15 yard present from the refs, courtesy of the Steeldogs.

4xSBChamps
12-15-2007, 09:47 AM
..... If you smack Moss across the face a few times, knock him around, with his big mouth, he'll do something stupid and get a 15 yard present from the refs.....
I agree..... it didn't look like he enjoyed even 'lady-like' tackles last-week.

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Anyone who says they want to meet the Pats again in the playoffs needs their head examined. There is no way in hell we could ever beat that team playing the way we have been playing. We have lost two very key defensive players for the rest of the season. The Oline can't block for crap. Ben telegraphs when the ball is going to be snapped and whether it is a passing or running play. You better pray that we beat San Diego out for the 3rd seed and the Chargers knock those ****y bastards out of there in their first game. If they get past the first game, they will not be beat. If you are basing your thoughts on reality and not on being a total homer, you have to realize the Steelers may win the wild card game, but that is all the farther they are going this year barring a MIRACLE. And don't tell me about '05. We had an Oline that blocked that year.

So I guess you have quit watching this year since the Steelers are doomed?:smile:

Chargers have the 4th best record in the AFC and this currrent Chargers squad has never done squat in the playoffs (and had a rockier trip to Foxboro this year than the Steelers did)- I agree New England will be very difficult to beat, but your contention that the Chargers are more likely to do something about that than the Steelers, Colts or (probably) Dallas is nonsensical.

As for dodging New England, the Steelers will need to play them at some point if they want to make any noise in the playoffs, so I do not care if it is (hopefully) the second or third weekend of the playoffs. I want the Steelers to play as long as possible, but losing one week earlier will not define whether this season is a sucess for me.

Going to Indy will be no day at the beach either and just getting to an AFC Championship game may be a big deal for the Chargers or Jax but frankly should not be that huge to the Steelers or their fans given the history of this team. The Steelers presumably aim a little higher than that.

stlrtruck
12-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I'd prefer to play the Patria-cheats again then I would play the clowns for a third time. I've never been a fan of a playing a team for the third time. The clowns have improved dramatically in the late part of the season and definitely have proven to be a challenge this year.

The patria-cheats are vulnerable and I believe we can be more formidable against them and their pansy offense!