PDA

View Full Version : Mike Singletary (Atlanta Falcons)

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Singletary should be the next head coach for the Falcons. He's the type of guy who could go in and instill discipline and positive energy to that franchise. Perfect fit as far as I'm concerned.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 09:43 AM
no he should be the next head coach of the 49ers. i loved singletary when he played with da' bears..lol

Mikee
12-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I went over to the falcons forums just for a sec to see their response on Petrino ... There are posts there about them wanting Cowher or Schottenheimer as well...

tony hipchest
12-12-2007, 09:45 AM
thats who arthur blank wanted in the 1st place. rich mckay talked him into petrino.

i heard on sirius that half of the season ticket holders are african american (more than double any other fanbase).

the fans are torn. the players are torn. singletary can bring some "steet cred" so to speak, to the team, and his hard lined approach is probably the best thing for them.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 09:51 AM
i heard on sirius that half of the season ticket holders are african american (more than double any other fanbase).

i said that when the whole vick thing came out and was told i was nuts. that half of the falcons season ticket holders werent african american. glad to see that someone else heard that too..lol. thanks tony.. and by the way i am still waiting on my cheese..lol :flap:

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 09:55 AM
i said that when the whole vick thing came out and was told i was nuts. that half of the falcons season ticket holders werent african american. glad to see that someone else heard that too..lol. thanks tony.. and by the way i am still waiting on my cheese..lol :flap:

That's a great point and would be a more than valid reason to strongly consider hiring Singletary.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 09:59 AM
i love singletary and think he would be a great HC.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Another African-American candidate who I think would be a good choice is Sylvester Croom. Sly has turned a terrible Mississippi State squad into a program that is on the verge of possibly challenging for 1st in the SEC West next season. He also has NFL experience and he's one of the last of the Paul "Bear" Bryant coaching disciples.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
i dont know anything about him. i am a big 10 and acc girl in football... the only thing i know about the sec is i hate it..lol...

Godfather
12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Another African-American candidate who I think would be a good choice is Sylvester Croom. Sly has turned a terrible Mississippi State squad into a program that is on the verge of possibly challenging for 1st in the SEC West next season. He also has NFL experience and he's one of the last of the Paul "Bear" Bryant coaching disciples.

Yep...he inherited a bare cupboard AND sanctions. And being coach at State means you have to try to recruit to Starkville, Mississippi. As an added bonus, you have LSU to the west, Tennessee to the north, and Bama and Auburn to the East as competition.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Mckay wants someone he can control, now it's time for him to earn his keep with the upcoming draft considering ATLs roster sucks top to bottom.

I recently lived in Ga and the area needs a black coach to be happy or at least a black star player(no one on O or D has stepped up to fill the Vick role). Without knowing the numbers I would guess it is the highest percentage of black fans.

The Saints can probably match Atlanta's black fanbase pretty easily.

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Mckay wants someone he can control, now it's time for him to earn his keep with the upcoming draft considering ATLs roster sucks top to bottom.

I recently lived in Ga and the area needs a black coach to be happy or at least a black star player(no one on O or D has stepped up to fill the Vick role). Without knowing the numbers I would guess it is the highest percentage of black fans.
half of the season ticket holders for the falcons are african american.