PDA

View Full Version : There is a rumor about Les Miles

revefsreleets
12-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Circulating that he will announce by the middle of January that he is accepting the head coaching job at Michigan.

Here is the evidence:
A) Miles has made it completely clear that his dream job is to coach at Michigan
B) The Michigan job only opens up once in a great while. There have only been 3 coaches there in the last 30 years. Why would he wait?
C) Michigan asked for and received permission to talk with Miles after the SEC Championship game. They did so. Miles statement said that he was "helping his alma mater in it's quest for new leadership". Uh huh.
D) Miles spoke with both the President AND the AD at Michigan. Why? Wouldn't the AD suffice if he was only imparting abit of knowledge?
E) Miles new contract that he signed last week contains a buyout clause, but ONLY FOR MICHIGAN.

He's going to jump, and it will be as classless a move as Saban's, maybe more so. Still, from the Buckeyes perspective, better to do it after the Tigers loss and not before. It would just be an excuse for the loss.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Circulating that he will announce by the middle of January that he is accepting the head coaching job at Michigan.

Here is the evidence:
A) Miles has made it completely clear that his dream job is to coach at Michigan
B) The Michigan job only opens up once in a great while. There have only been 3 coaches there in the last 30 years. Why would he wait?
C) Michigan asked for and received permission to talk with Miles after the SEC Championship game. They did so. Miles statement said that he was "helping his alma mater in it's quest for new leadership". Uh huh.
D) Miles spoke with both the President AND the AD at Michigan. Why? Wouldn't the AD suffice if he was only imparting abit of knowledge?
E) Miles new contract that he signed last week contains a buyout clause, but ONLY FOR MICHIGAN.

He's going to jump, and it will be as classless a move as Saban's, maybe more so. Still, from the Buckeyes perspective, better to do it after the Tigers loss and not before. It would just be an excuse for the loss.

Definitely worse and more classless than Saban's move! :wink02:

However, not as classless as Petrino's move. :toofunny:

Steeler in Carolina
12-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I say let him go to Michigan. I don't think he can bring the recruits from Louisiana to Michigan and what has he really proven? Right now, LSU is the best of the 2 loss teams. Under normal years, he wouldn't even get into a BCS bowl with 2 defeats.

lilyoder6
12-12-2007, 06:17 PM
i think that if he wins the bcs he will stay.. but if he losses the game i think it's a 50-50 chance he'll jump ship.. like saban and petrino

TackleMeBen
12-12-2007, 06:32 PM
all the michigan alumni and boosters want miles.. but i dont think he will come up here after he has denied he is coming. michigan doesnt want a coach that will lie. but they need to get someone quickly. maybe they should have done what FSU did. if they had a feeling carr was going to retire already get a replacement in place so that the guys coming in would have known.

SteelCityMan786
12-12-2007, 10:25 PM
all the michigan alumni and boosters want miles.. but i dont think he will come up here after he has denied he is coming. michigan doesnt want a coach that will lie. but they need to get someone quickly. maybe they should have done what FSU did. if they had a feeling carr was going to retire already get a replacement in place so that the guys coming in would have known.

I'd hire Ron English if I were them. They might have the Tomlin luck the Steelers have had.

touchdownward
12-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Is it really a lie if the one you are lying to knows the truth?
My guess is Les Miles has already agreed to become the HC and is waiting until after the BCS game to announce.
Nobody wants a lame duck coach, reference Steelers circa 2006.

revefsreleets
12-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Further evidence that Miles is "waiting in the wings". Michigan hasn't played a football game in a month, they have no coach, and they have a bowl game against Florida in a little under 3 weeks, and so far they have asked exactly one other guy about the job- Greg Schiano. And I think that was smoke. They knew he wasn't leaving Rutgers, because if he was gonna jump he'd have headed south to Miami last year when they asked.

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd hire Ron English if I were them. They might have the Tomlin luck the Steelers have had.
maybe... i would much rather have tomlin though?? think we can talk the steelers out of tomlin???lol :flap:...

revefsreleets
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I guess it was reported in Baltimore that Les Miles wife was spotted shopping for homes in Ann Arbor. Of course there's no way to back up some of the allegations, but where there's smoke (and there's an awful lot of smoke here)

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
I guess it was reported in Baltimore that Les Miles wife was spotted shopping for homes in Ann Arbor. Of course there's no way to back up some of the allegations, but where there's smoke (and there's an awful lot of smoke here)

very interesting... we know that it isnt for a summer home :wink02:

lilyoder6
12-13-2007, 07:27 PM
i bet someone just annouced that so they could get some fave time...and i think that michigan knew that they would have to get a new coach after this season... either carr resigning or getting fired....

Steeler in Carolina
12-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I feel Miles will end up in Michigan. You don't even hear about Michigan talking to anyone right now.