PDA

View Full Version : SI: All-Disappointment Team

STEELtownHAVOX
12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/12/12/all.disappointments/index.html

1.) Lot's of Saints players are on this team
2.) Troy made it

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Troy deserves to be on the list.....

stillers4me
12-12-2007, 07:01 PM
That sucks.

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Troy deserves to be on the list.....

Hate to say I agree - what is it about DBs getting big Steelers contracts and then falling apart (Chad Scott, Dewayne Washington, 2006 version of Ike, 2007 version of Troy)?:dang:

Let's just hope it is one of those years for Troy.

klick81
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, can't really defend Troy on that one.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Hate to say I agree - what is it about DBs getting big Steelers contracts and then falling apart (Chad Scott, Dewayne Washington, 2006 version of Ike, 2007 version of Troy)?:dang:

Let's just hope it is one of those years for Troy.

I hope its just a fluke also with Troy this year.....But hate to say it but Troy didn't have a such a good season last year also...lol If the Steelers want to win another Super Bowl in the near future then Troy has to be the player he was in 04 and 05.....

I wonder if this spiritual zen master that Troy has become who also refuses to really lift weights is to blame for Troy not being the player he once was?......He seems not to have the strength he once had and his tackling hasn't been the greatest this season.....

The Steelers brass need to have a sit down with Troy and get him back on track.....

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 12:57 AM
lee evans is unfairly on that list... everyone knows lee evans doesn't blow up until the last 2-3 weeks of the season... he usually gets 10 catches 200 yards and 2 tds during that end of the season stretch... who should be on the list is marques colston... i hate that guy... so overrated and stupid... another mark clayton... or whoever... that guy on the bucs that clayton...

JPPT1974
12-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Guess it just wasn't Troy's year but
He will come back big...you'll see!

revefsreleets
12-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Troy shouldn't be on that list. He's had two nagging injuries (the article failed to mention his abdominal injury) and that will slow any player.

Alex Smith? Who had the bar raised for that bust?
Warren Sapp? It's a successful year for that grandpa if doesn't have a heart attack from all that dope he's smoked over the years.

Mosca
12-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm worried that he's lost a split second of his insane acceleration. It's not his tackling strength that is his edge, it's his speed and anticipation. Without that almost superhuman ability to disrupt plays, he's not the best.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm worried that he's lost a split second of his insane acceleration.

Agreed - I also believe he may still have issues with his shoulder that is impairing his tackling ability and that the league has caught up to dealing with his Taz role that worked in 2004-05.

NastyLloyd95
12-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Troy has to learn to come under control coming into his tackles...his angles have been suspect as well.

With that said I can't wait till he comes back...lol

Mosca
12-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Troy has to learn to come under control coming into his tackles...his angles have been suspect as well.

With that said I can't wait till he comes back...lol

And maybe that's because he might have lost a step; the angle that would have made the tackle two years ago misses by a step now.

Like I said, I hope not, and that it's just because of injuries; he's a great asset and a great person.

The Duke
12-13-2007, 12:26 PM
maybe troy will come back better in the playoffs. wouldn't that be awesome, kinda sucky in the regular season and a beast i the playoffs. like the game against the colts, he was just all over the place