PDA

View Full Version : Why the JETS Should Forfeit Vs. Patriots

tony hipchest
12-12-2007, 10:32 PM
first off, ive thought about this long and hard (about 10 minutes :jerkit:)

but erin mangina can trully prove to be the mangenius this weekend by forfeiting the game. dont not show up. im saying take the field for the coinflip and say game over.

no "revenge tour" or "Patriots go wilt and hang 100 on the jets". just walk off the field of a stadium packed to the rim of rabid fans desperately seeking their weekly fix of the holy patriots.

millions would be lost on beer revenues alone but imagine the outrage when r. kraft announced to the full stadium they will not be refunded because it was the JETS fault. The whole city would riot if robbed of an afternoon of worship. boston and gillette stadium would be burned down 10X worse than L.A. after the rodney king verdicts.

all the women in the upper state area better have their replica ulf samuelson hockey sticks in hand because it's bound to be the worst case of domestic violence calls in a single day in U.S. history.

and much better than all this (except for the dv ladies) is when it was all said and done... when it read 16-0 next to the patriots name in the record books their would ALWAYS be a big, fat * right next to it that read JETS forfeit.

the boy genius would become a man and a hero, singlehandedly, and permanently seeing that they would be tarnished no matter what.

im not sure if this is possible. it was just a thought.

i wonder if the nfl could force the JETS to play if mangina was actually smart enough to pull this excellent stunt. im not sure id be suprised. this series has gotten this rediculous.

fansince'76
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
You know, somehow I get the feeling that Tony isn't enamored with the wonderfulness of the Patriots. :scratchchin: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-12-2007, 10:53 PM
You know, somehow I get the feeling that Tony isn't enamored with the wonderfulness of the Patriots. :scratchchin: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

What ever gave you that idea? :flap:

MACH1
12-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Lets just end the season today and hand them their crown with that funny looking flower on it.* After all their unbeatable.:rolleyes:
And every football or team site has to make a mandatory forum dedicated to the cheatriots, so as not to flood the rest of the site with their greatness. :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-13-2007, 12:10 AM
You mean the Jets shouldn't forfeit just to avoid getting the worst beating that the Pats are going to hand out this year?

If you think Brady's 4 TD's and 399 yards against us was a good day? I think he's gonna break the TD record against the Jets and might just set the record for passing yards in a single game while he is at it. I think every single pass is going to be deep for a TD on Sunday.

revefsreleets
12-13-2007, 08:42 AM
That would be something. But I hope somehow the Jets are the team to hand them they're loss. I'd say both are about equally as likely to happen, and that's about as likely as a meteor crashing threough the atmosphere and smashing into me where I sit typing in the the next ten seconds...

Nope. Ain't gonna happen!

Counselor
12-13-2007, 08:54 AM

i wonder if the nfl could force the JETS to play if mangina was actually smart enough to pull this excellent stunt. im not sure id be suprised. this series has gotten this rediculous.

If the players refuse to play, I don't see how the NFL could force the game.

I like it.

Also---- I'm by no means a Collinsworth fan, but I was watching "Inside the NFL" last night and he took a crack at doing a Mangini "pep talk" before the game. It was actually really good. The theme was "I don't care what the score ends up being, we're going to hit them so hard and so often, and give them a beating they've never experienced before. . .and we'll keep blitzing 6, 7, 8 9, 11 guys, until we get to Brady and break him"

I like both of these ideas...

duma
12-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Just watch.... the Jets will beat them.

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 09:03 AM
You mean the Jets shouldn't forfeit just to avoid getting the worst beating that the Pats are going to hand out this year?

If you think Brady's 4 TD's and 399 yards against us was a good day? I think he's gonna break the TD record against the Jets and might just set the record for passing yards in a single game while he is at it. I think every single pass is going to be deep for a TD on Sunday.this is where it gets better. by forfeiting not only would mangina singlehandedly burn down the entire town, create a mass exodus by all the women from the area, and permanently stamp an * next to their game in the record books, but bradys statline would read 0 yards/0 td/0 int.

you know how much it would piss off glory boy and wonder moss if they had the opportunity to break j. rices, p. mannings, and d. marinos single season records stolen from them? :banging: the fans would cry and moan for all eternity!

this is the only 1 way for the JETS to end the "perfect" season. they should really do it. if i got time i gotta check the rules and see if theres any guidelines on forfieture.

rbryan
12-13-2007, 09:04 AM
An Ulf Sameulson reference, now thats hard to work into any conversation. Kudos

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 09:08 AM
An Ulf Sameulson reference, now thats hard to work into any conversation. Kudoslol. glad you caught that. since bostonians hate him, it would only be poetic justice if their wives had to defend themselves by slashing with a great piece of memorabilia.

SteelersMongol
12-13-2007, 10:11 AM
i don't know but something is telling me the Jets would take their chances instead of starting a riot.

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 10:16 AM
• Forfeit. The Commissioner, (except in cases of disciplinary action; see last section on "Removing Team from Field"), League President, and their representatives, including referees, are not authorized unilaterally to declare forfeits. A forfeit occurs only when a game is not played because of the failure or refusal of one team to participate. In that event, the other team, if ready and willing to play, is the winner by a score of 2-0.

wow. the JETS could could guarantee the patriots closest margin of victory this season. it would make it a little tougher to come away with that single season scoring record if they were held to only 2 points.

:chuckle:

i really wish mangina had the balls to do this. i would love to see all the lawsuits kraft would try to bring against the jets.

theres talk the giants might rest most of their starters in the final game of the season against the pats. why not use it as a bye-week too?

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 10:24 AM
tony, you come up with some wild ideas... i love it!!!!!!!!!!!! and for good measure when the jets were walking off the field have one of their big dline man go knock the heck out of pretty boy brady..lol...

RoethlisBURGHer
12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Personally, I'd love to see a "goon" in the game. Someone who isn't important to the Jets (hell, it could be anyone, it's not like this team is gonna be doing anything but playing golf after week 17) who can just blast Brady after the whistle. Just completley blast him, hardest hit he's taken in his career type of blast.

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Personally, I'd love to see a "goon" in the game. Someone who isn't important to the Jets (hell, it could be anyone, it's not like this team is gonna be doing anything but playing golf after week 17) who can just blast Brady after the whistle. Just completley blast him, hardest hit he's taken in his career type of blast.

YES! YES! YES!
that would be so awesome. but if that happen then all the pats fan would cry and whine and say whoever won the superbowl stole it from them b/c brady got b-slapped.

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 05:41 PM
o forfeiting the game... real classy... lol

TheWarDen86
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
first off, ive thought about this long and hard (about 10 minutes :jerkit:)

but erin mangina can trully prove to be the mangenius this weekend by forfeiting the game. dont not show up. im saying take the field for the coinflip and say game over.

no "revenge tour" or "Patriots go wilt and hang 100 on the jets". just walk off the field of a stadium packed to the rim of rabid fans desperately seeking their weekly fix of the holy patriots.

millions would be lost on beer revenues alone but imagine the outrage when r. kraft announced to the full stadium they will not be refunded because it was the JETS fault. The whole city would riot if robbed of an afternoon of worship. boston and gillette stadium would be burned down 10X worse than L.A. after the rodney king verdicts.

all the women in the upper state area better have their replica ulf samuelson hockey sticks in hand because it's bound to be the worst case of domestic violence calls in a single day in U.S. history.

and much better than all this (except for the dv ladies) is when it was all said and done... when it read 16-0 next to the patriots name in the record books their would ALWAYS be a big, fat * right next to it that read JETS forfeit.

the boy genius would become a man and a hero, singlehandedly, and permanently seeing that they would be tarnished no matter what.

I like the way you think Tony.

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 06:25 PM
You can't forfeit a game. Who pays the players? Who pays the officials? Who refunds the broadcasting companies? Who refunds all the commercials? Who refunds the season ticket holders? How does Vegas deal with the thousands of bets cast? You're required to play 60 minutes.

HometownGal
12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Excellent concept, Tony! :thumbsup::toofunny:

Imagine the wounded egos of the Sperminator, Moss and Beliprick when they couldn't run up the score on the Jets? :toofunny: The icing on the cake would be A$$ Chin not getting any TD passes. :cheers:

TheWarDen86
12-13-2007, 07:04 PM
You can't forfeit a game. Who pays the players? Who pays the officials? Who refunds the broadcasting companies? Who refunds all the commercials? Who refunds the season ticket holders? How does Vegas deal with the thousands of bets cast? You're required to play 60 minutes.

It's complicated but it can be done. Here is the SUMMARY of the rule:

Removing Team from Field

No player, coach, or other person affiliated with a club may remove that club’s team from the field during the playing of any game, including preseason, except at the direction of the referee. Any club violating this rule will be subject to disciplinary action by the Commissioner, including possible game forfeiture and sole liability for financial losses suffered by the opposing club and any other affected member clubs of the League. [See Section 9.1 (E) of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.]

One thing is for sure. The Jets would pay a hefty price unless Mangenius could convince a ref that the playing surface was unsafe or something. Sabotage?

TheWarDen86
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Excellent concept, Tony! :thumbsup::toofunny:

Imagine the wounded egos of the Sperminator, Moss and Beliprick when they couldn't run up the score on the Jets? :toofunny: The icing on the cake would be A$$ Chin not getting any TD passes. :cheers:

I like that....."Beliprick." Yes. I like that very much. :wink02:

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 07:11 PM

who cares? let robert kraft deal with that in a way he or the NFL didnt with bill belichick. thats their problem.

you might wanna check a little deeper before you say you cant forfeit a game. according to the nfl rulebook (as previously posted)-

? Forfeit. The Commissioner, (except in cases of disciplinary action; see last section on "Removing Team from Field"), League President, and their representatives, including referees, are not authorized unilaterally to declare forfeits. A forfeit occurs only when a game is not played because of the failure or refusal of one team to participate. In that event, the other team, if ready and willing to play, is the winner by a score of 2-0.

see that? it clearly states you CAN forfeit. Mangina should do it and stab the patriots and their fans (who are desperately wanting him to be shamed and humiliated) in the hearts. as a patfan, how would you feel if mangina actually had the cojones to do it?

would you be pouring gasoline and lighting matches?

now im not one to go trolling other boards and pose a question like this, but how do you think patfans would react and feel it this were to happen? would it be the ultimate form of betrayal, or looked at as a clever and manipulative move that belichick would do if in the same position as the HC of the JETS? i think he would be looked at as classless and vendictive and as a coward. i think it would be brilliant (and clearly within the rules).

since it is a viable topic, would you mind bringing up the subject on your homeboard and give us a little feedback of what the reaction would be? id like to know what the fans would think before kickoff (and the end results of the JETS getting smacked around) is seen.

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 07:28 PM
It's complicated but it can be done. Here is the SUMMARY of the rule:

Removing Team from Field

No player, coach, or other person affiliated with a club may remove that club’s team from the field during the playing of any game, including preseason, except at the direction of the referee. Any club violating this rule will be subject to disciplinary action by the Commissioner, including possible game forfeiture and sole liability for financial losses suffered by the opposing club and any other affected member clubs of the League. [See Section 9.1 (E) of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.]

One thing is for sure. The Jets would pay a hefty price unless Mangenius could convince a ref that the playing surface was unsafe or something. Sabotage?

great research.

i think the segment in bold is the loophole. take the coin toss but dont take the field for the start of the game. "during the playing of any game" doesnt start until the ball is kicked off.

id like to see atl. dans opinion, cause i think i could make a good case why the JETS would have every right to forfeit out of fear of retribution and the threat of roid rage induced injury, along with the devaluation of my product through the humiliation and embarrassement of having the score intentionally ran up.

of course this would be total BS, but im talking about making a case.

GBMelBlount
12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
could be anyone...who can just blast Brady after the whistle. Just completley blast him, hardest hit he's taken in his career type of blast.

That would be a major feat! I heard he was rear ended pretty hard once.

TheWarDen86
12-13-2007, 07:44 PM
great research.

i think the segment in bold is the loophole. take the coin toss but dont take the field for the start of the game. "during the playing of any game" doesnt start until the ball is kicked off.

id like to see atl. dans opinion, cause i think i could make a good case why the JETS would have every right to forfeit out of fear of retribution and the threat of roid rage induced injury, along with the devaluation of my product through the humiliation and embarrassement of having the score intentionally ran up.

of course this would be total BS, but im talking about making a case.

Good catch. Lawyer? lol

Then it's back to what you said, "Jets call heads. It's a heads. The Jets have elected to......forfeit....."

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Then it's back to what you said, "Jets call heads. It's a heads. The Jets have elected to......forfeit....."

exactly. i think its possible and theres nothing anybody could do to stop it.

and no, im not a lawyer but i do play one on tv and i stayed at a holiday inn express last night. :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
12-13-2007, 08:46 PM
exactly. i think its possible and theres nothing anybody could do to stop it.

and no, im not a lawyer but i do play one on tv and i stayed at a holiday inn express last night. :chuckle:

I have an Uncle who's a lawyer (property attorney). He has a great sense of humor and on his desk you find a book entitled, "Lawyers and other reptiles." I really get a kick out of that, especially considering that he was judge for a while too.

The Patriot
12-13-2007, 08:57 PM

The refs are Patriots fans.

Crushzilla
12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Also---- I'm by no means a Collinsworth fan, but I was watching "Inside the NFL" last night and he took a crack at doing a Mangini "pep talk" before the game. It was actually really good. The theme was "I don't care what the score ends up being, we're going to hit them so hard and so often, and give them a beating they've never experienced before. . .and we'll keep blitzing 6, 7, 8 9, 11 guys, until we get to Brady and break him"

I like both of these ideas...

WHAT?!? I am in shock that Collinsworth would suggest ANYTHING bad happen to his obsession... If Brady gets hurt I don't know how he would be able to... culminate... Sunday Night...

Maybe he's into Sado-Masochism? :hunch:

Mangini post conference:
"Well. When we game planned we had anticipated to win the coin toss. When it didn't pan out, we were really thrown off our plan. We hadn't prepared for that situation. Sometimes when you fail to execute the gameplan, you have to cut your losses and prepare for the next week. That's all we did.

I'm just glad we got out of this week with no injuries. Except for Kellen, who slipped down the steps going into the tunnel..."

patsdynasty
12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
This might sound strange, but even as a hardcore Pats fan, I would love to see that. The NFL would bury the Jets and Mangini's NFL carreer would be finished. I'm willing to bet the comish would find a way to force them to play.

But there are so many fascinating angles to this. I would love to see this play out. And to all the fanboys getting all hot and bothered over how we would lose out on records and have an asterisk next to our perfect season: You are living in dreamland.

It just doesn't matter to anybody but the Patriot haters. Who cares if Brady throws 30 passes or 100 as long as they win the Superbowl? You guys are talking about meaningless stats. And they can put all the meaningless asterisks next to 16-0 that they want. It's still 16-0. It would be neat to see them go 16-0. But I'd rather go into the playoffs healthy. I would have no problem starting Matt Cassell and some of the backups in that Giants game. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters are the playoffs.

A lot of us have tried to reason with the Patriots haters. The reality is that the Patriots were caught breaking a rule that was in place for all of one game regarding the POSITION of cameras. Yet there are people that want to question all their Superbowls. People want to pretend their team isn't stealing signals or taking steroids. People want to use this as an excuse as to why their team lost to the Pats.

You know what? At the end of the day, we just dont care anymore. Whine all you want. The games will be decided on the field. Do you really think that any Pats fans are going to be upset if Tom Brady "only" throws 48 TDs? Get real.

Preacher
12-14-2007, 12:12 AM
This might sound strange, but even as a hardcore Pats fan, I would love to see that. The NFL would bury the Jets and Mangini's NFL carreer would be finished. I'm willing to bet the comish would find a way to force them to play.

But there are so many fascinating angles to this. I would love to see this play out. And to all the fanboys getting all hot and bothered over how we would lose out on records and have an asterisk next to our perfect season: You are living in dreamland.

It just doesn't matter to anybody but the Patriot haters. Who cares if Brady throws 30 passes or 100 as long as they win the Superbowl? You guys are talking about meaningless stats. And they can put all the meaningless asterisks next to 16-0 that they want. It's still 16-0. It would be neat to see them go 16-0. But I'd rather go into the playoffs healthy. I would have no problem starting Matt Cassell and some of the backups in that Giants game. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters are the playoffs.

A lot of us have tried to reason with the Patriots haters. The reality is that the Patriots were caught breaking a rule that was in place for all of one game regarding the POSITION of cameras. Yet there are people that want to question all their Superbowls. People want to pretend their team isn't stealing signals or taking steroids. People want to use this as an excuse as to why their team lost to the Pats.

You know what? At the end of the day, we just dont care anymore. Whine all you want. The games will be decided on the field. Do you really think that any Pats fans are going to be upset if Tom Brady "only" throws 48 TDs? Get real.

One place you are wrong.

16-0 is ONLY 16-0 when the 16 come from not cheating. Sorry. And the better they play, the better they gameplan, the more it makes me suspicious that they are cheating again.

patsdynasty
12-14-2007, 01:49 AM
One place you are wrong.

16-0 is ONLY 16-0 when the 16 come from not cheating. Sorry. And the better they play, the better they gameplan, the more it makes me suspicious that they are cheating again.

That's exactly the type of logic I'm talking about. Other than the videotaping this year against the pitiful Jets in the first half, show me any proof that they have "cheated" this year. You cant! Even with the team being under the microscope all year.

Yet you want to put an asterisk next to their record this year? That's completely irrational.

This argument is pointless because neither of us is going to change the other's mind. And most Pats fans have stopped trying. You can't reason with a mob. We just don't care what the rest of the league thinks of us anymore. You have your version of reality and we have ours.

If the Pats get knocked out of the playoffs this year, that would hurt like hell. It does every time. If I honestly thought the Patriots were cheating, doing something that the other teams aren't doing to gain an unfair advantage, I would be upset and embarssed. But Spygate? League respect? Pointless records? I just don't care anymore. And I am guessing most Pats don't. You don't want to give us our repect? Fine. Hopefully we will take in Arizona. And all the ensuing asterisk hysteria and delusion will be that much more amusing as the anti Pats mob works itself into a frenzy.

Preacher
12-14-2007, 02:28 AM
That's exactly the type of logic I'm talking about. Other than the videotaping this year against the pitiful Jets in the first half, show me any proof that they have "cheated" this year. You cant! Even with the team being under the microscope all year.

Yet you want to put an asterisk next to their record this year? That's completely irrational.

This argument is pointless because neither of us is going to change the other's mind. And most Pats fans have stopped trying. You can't reason with a mob. We just don't care what the rest of the league thinks of us anymore. You have your version of reality and we have ours.

If the Pats get knocked out of the playoffs this year, that would hurt like hell. It does every time. If I honestly thought the Patriots were cheating, doing something that the other teams aren't doing to gain an unfair advantage, I would be upset and embarssed. But Spygate? League respect? Pointless records? I just don't care anymore. And I am guessing most Pats don't. You don't want to give us our repect? Fine. Hopefully we will take in Arizona. And all the ensuing asterisk hysteria and delusion will be that much more amusing as the anti Pats mob works itself into a frenzy.

Sadly, you don't get it.

The very fact that it happened once, means that it very possibly can happen again. That is the what Bellicheats screwup did. It brought doubt on EVERYTHING he does from this point on. Until the Patriots fire him, every win, every championship, will be questioned, and appropriately so.

Once you destroy trust... it is gone.

Aussie_steeler
12-14-2007, 02:49 AM

I agree totally with these words if you honestly meant them. Seriously, here are a couple of questions for you to consider.

Why the hell do you as a PATS fan have to come to a steelers board to preach to us.
If you cant reason with the MOB why the hell are you playing in the MOBS backyard.If you have,as a PATS fan, stopped trying to change the minds of others what the hell are you doing here???

If you dont care what the rest of the league thinks why do you come in droves to other teams boards to tell us what you think? Honestly most of us dont care. We get engrossed in each weeks game and when its over we move on to the next opponent.

Stick to your version and toss it around with the rest of your mates at a PATS board and have fun. Make fun of us and laugh yourself stupid. You'll be happy and we'll be happy.

Crushzilla
12-14-2007, 03:03 AM
I agree totally with these words if you honestly meant them. Seriously, here are a couple of questions for you to consider.

Why the hell do you as a PATS fan have to come to a steelers board to preach to us.
If you cant reason with the MOB why the hell are you playing in the MOBS backyard.If you have,as a PATS fan, stopped trying to change the minds of others what the hell are you doing here???

If you dont care what the rest of the league thinks why do you come in droves to other teams boards to tell us what you think? Honestly most of us dont care. We get engrossed in each weeks game and when its over we move on to the next opponent.

Stick to your version and toss it around with the rest of your mates at a PATS board and have fun. Make fun of us and laugh yourself stupid. You'll be happy and we'll be happy.

Get out of my brain, Aussie!

fansince'76
12-14-2007, 05:07 AM
We just don't care what the rest of the league thinks of us anymore. You have your version of reality and we have ours.

Obviously you do care, otherwise why do you keep coming here to argue about it? Especially when pretty much nobody here is buying what you're selling?

patsdynasty
12-14-2007, 05:11 AM
I started coming here during the 2005 playoff run beacuse I had a lot of respect for the Steelers and I was puling for them after the Pats got knocked out.

I have never trolled here. I have never made disparaging remarks about the Steelers or even gloated after either of the Pats two wins over the Steelers since then.

I have simply tried to offer a different perspective on NFL football and bring some diversity to this board. And by mob I was talking about the entire country. I didn't intend to insult Steeler fans

I'm blown away by the lack of tolerance here. If you want to have a board where everybody thinks exactly alike, I guess that's up to you. But in my defense, I have never (as far as I can remember ) posted anywhere other than the NFL section of the forum. I have been as respectful as possible of all members. And gone out of my way not to respond to personal attacks or call members names.

I'm not just a Patriots fan, I'm a football fan and have been since I was old enough to play organized ball. If other team's fans aren't welcome in the NFL section of this forum, I think that's sad.

As for me preaching, lots of times I Iurk and simply read the posts. More often than not I bite my tounge because I'm not looking to troll or stir the pot. But I'm only human. Sometimes I find people's position outlandish and I can't resist pointing that out.

I just don't see what's so bad about a little civil debate.

A lot of people seem to think it's going to be some devastating blow to Pats fans if we don't get the records or the undefeated season. If you really hate the Pats that much, and want their fans to suffer, root for us to get knocked out of the playoffs. We don't care about the records. That's all I was trying to say.

fansince'76
12-14-2007, 06:16 AM
I started coming here during the 2005 playoff run beacuse I had a lot of respect for the Steelers and I was puling for them after the Pats got knocked out.

I have never trolled here. I have never made disparaging remarks about the Steelers or even gloated after either of the Pats two wins over the Steelers since then.

I have simply tried to offer a different perspective on NFL football and bring some diversity to this board. And by mob I was talking about the entire country. I didn't intend to insult Steeler fans

I'm blown away by the lack of tolerance here. If you want to have a board where everybody thinks exactly alike, I guess that's up to you. But in my defense, I have never (as far as I can remember ) posted anywhere other than the NFL section of the forum. I have been as respectful as possible of all members. And gone out of my way not to respond to personal attacks or call members names.

I'm not just a Patriots fan, I'm a football fan and have been since I was old enough to play organized ball. If other team's fans aren't welcome in the NFL section of this forum, I think that's sad.

As for me preaching, lots of times I Iurk and simply read the posts. More often than not I bite my tounge because I'm not looking to troll or stir the pot. But I'm only human. Sometimes I find people's position outlandish and I can't resist pointing that out.

I just don't see what's so bad about a little civil debate.

A lot of people seem to think it's going to be some devastating blow to Pats fans if we don't get the records or the undefeated season. If you really hate the Pats that much, and want their fans to suffer, root for us to get knocked out of the playoffs. We don't care about the records. That's all I was trying to say.

You made your feelings about the Steelers crystal clear from the get-go:

As far as the Steelers are concerned, I'm a little torn. On one hand I'd like to see Bettis get a ring. On the other hand, I'm not really that crazy about the Steelers. This started after the NE playoff win a few years ago. Kordell Stewart made the comment, "The best team doesn't always win." WTF is this guy smoking? How many times do we have to beat him before he realizes we are better? Even if he believed it, it was a classless comment.

The complete and utter disrespect of the Pats the same year. Superbowl reservations? Before the AFC Championship? Talk about a slap in the face!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=53133#post53133

I'd like to focus on the last sentence highlighted in red here. You do realize that all 4 teams in the conference championship games in '01 made reservations early due to the fact that there was only a 1-week break between the conference championships and the Super Bowl, thanks to 9/11? Stop drinking the Belichick "no respect" Kool-Aid. As far as being given no respect after a playoff game, many of your fanbase defended to the hilt the actions of your players mocking Merriman last year after knocking San Diego out. You do realize that respect is a two-way street, don't you? Also, in another thread, you claimed that "the Steelers introduced steroids to the NFL in the '70s," citing Jim Haslett (who played for the Bills, not the Steelers, and in the '80s, no less) as your source, which was also completely debunked. Know what you're talking about before you spew here, because if you don't and shoot your mouth off anyway, someone here WILL call you on it. It's not "intolerance," it's called "setting the record straight."

HometownGal
12-14-2007, 07:22 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If any of the Steelers coaches ever engaged in videotaping another team's signals to gain and advantage and the Rooneys didn't shitcan him, I wouldn't be on another team's BB trying to defend their honor. I'd be horrified and embarrassed and would have to give a lot of serious thought as to whether I wanted to support the team any longer. My Terrible Towel would fly at half mast.

Preacher
12-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If any of the Steelers coaches ever engaged in videotaping another team's signals to gain and advantage and the Rooneys didn't shitcan him, I wouldn't be on another team's BB trying to defend their honor. I'd be horrified and embarrassed and would have to give a lot of serious thought as to whether I wanted to support the team any longer. My Terrible Towel would fly at half mast.

And that my friends... might as well be the last word on the subject. There really is nothing else to say!

(why is there no smiley clapping? This post needs an applause!)

Crushzilla
12-14-2007, 03:04 PM
And that my friends... might as well be the last word on the subject. There really is nothing else to say!

(why is there no smiley clapping? This post needs an applause!)

......:tt:....

Close enough? :hunch:

I agree Marianne. It would be time to take a long hard look at my allegiances.

Unfortunately, its not about loyalties too often anymore. I'm sure for most people its about who can put up the most Madden-esq stats.

There are a lot of fickle fans in this country. Hell, most of America doesn't give a damn about baseball until someone is about to break a Homerun record.

And fans are allowed to be more fans of the game... Fans don't have to have "a team." I like College Football, but there is no real team I root for. There are teams I like and dislike.

Anyone who is a "fan of the game" though and can actually condone what the Patriots are putting on the table this year don't really understand what the game is about.

Not cheating and not spitting in the face of each and everyone of your peers. (sigh... I'm not saying he literally does that.)

I blame ESPN, they fuel this entire machine.

(P.S. Not calling you a fickle fan, patsdynaaaa.... patsdynaaaa.... Sorry I can't say that. Speaking in generalities)

Blonde Bomber
12-14-2007, 07:35 PM
It almost seems like fate that the Dolphins will beat them, no rhyme or reason, just fate.

The Patriot
12-14-2007, 09:44 PM
^
My statement is as follows;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFfobQftP5k&feature=related

HometownGal
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
^
My statement is as follows;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFfobQftP5k&feature=related

LMAO!!!! :toofunny::toofunny::thumbsup: I've seen that video before and it is funnier every time I see it. :sofunny:

The Patriot
12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
LMAO!!!! :toofunny::toofunny::thumbsup: I've seen that video before and it is funnier every time I see it. :sofunny:

His name is Fitzy. He films all these Patriots videos. I like this one. "Fitzy goes to the RCA Dome" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw8lMAvo-AU

patsdynasty
12-15-2007, 08:03 AM
We just have two completely different points of view on the same event. I can see where you guys are coming from even if I strongly disagree with you.

But I don't think the Pats did anything in that Jets game that other teams aren't also doing. They just crossed the line.

I'm not proud of it. But I think it has been completely blown out of proportion by a lot of people.

As for questioning my allegience? I'm not going to abandon my team beacause management made a mistake. In 10,15, 20 years when Bill Belichick is long gone and the Pats are struggling to win 4-5 games a year- I'll still be here. I'm in it for the long haul. That's what being a fan is all about. Loyalty.

And you are right, I have made my feelings about the Steelers clear. I was a little upset about some of the comments Kordell Stewart made. But I came around. Please don't take my comments out of context to make me look like a liar. I admire the Steelers. If I was a troll, I would b e on a Colts board. Or a Ravens board- two teams I don't like.

The steroids comment was simply to point out the hypocrisy of Steelers fans attacking Rodney Harrison over the HGH case. You also fail to mention that I made it clear that it was never my intention to present that as fact.

The San Diego situation is a great example of a trash talking team that hasn't done anything. I was at the Pats/Chargers game in Foxborugh when they beat the Pats in 05. You wouldn't beleive the vile, expletive laced, incredibly disrespectful crap that was spewing out of their mouths at the end of the game. Then they spent the entire week leading up to the 06 playoff game talking shit and disrespecting the Pats in the media. The Pats kept their mouths shut until after the game. Would it have been nice to see the Pats act with a little more class? Yes. I was pointing out that the Chargers aren't the innocent victims that some people want to make them out to be.

There are two sides to every story.

It's easy to sit up on a high horse a say what you would or wouldn't do. And I don't know you. Maybe you would walk away from the Steelers if they were caught doing what the Pats were. I'm not saying you wouldn't. But it's a little bit different when it's your team.

If Tom Brady killed somebody while driving drunk or Mike Vrabel were convicted of molesting a child or something reprehensible and evil like that, I would be outraged and woud want action taken.

But everybody is trying to steal signs. It's part of the game. I'm sorry, I just can't get that worked up over it. Maybe I'm completely biased and all you people are right. But is it that much of a stretch to think that maybe you guys are blowing this just a little out of proportion?

stlrtruck
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
But everybody is trying to steal signs. It's part of the game. I'm sorry, I just can't get that worked up over it. Maybe I'm completely biased and all you people are right. But is it that much of a stretch to think that maybe you guys are blowing this just a little out of proportion?

Here's a question to ponder. How would you feel if your team was on the verge of something great and they continued to lose games by less than 7pts and it seemed the team they were losing to always had the perfect play during a blitz or the right defensive call on against the offense?

Then come to find out the team you were losing against was found to be violating league policy for all those years?

How then would you view the subject matter?

While I agree with you, it's about loyalty to your team (as far as being a fan), I would be disappointed with my team for taking such an avenue.

And while the fans aren't responsible for the fines, I'm really disappointed that Goodell has really done nothing but slapped Kraft, Belicheat and the Patriacheats on the wrist. IMHO, all he did was turn the other cheek while he takes stronger stances against other teams and coaches for, "destroying the integrity of the game."

X-Terminator
12-15-2007, 10:55 AM
patsdynasty, what you and other Pats fans fail to understand is that we don't hate the Pats because of their record, jealousy or whatever the "buzz word of the day" is that comes from Ass-Chin Brady's mouth. We hate them because you have a smug, arrogant, classless, condescending prick for a head coach, and the fan base to match. Other than you and The Patriot, find me ONE other Pats fan who isn't a complete a$$hole? Every other one who has come to this board and that I have encountered elsewhere has done nothing but troll and piss people off. You wouldn't get nearly as much flak if you all showed a little more class. Instead, you will just have to live with the fact that you are universally hated around the league (not that I expect you or any one else to care).

The Patriot
12-15-2007, 01:18 PM
patsdynasty, what you and other Pats fans fail to understand is that we don't hate the Pats because of their record, jealousy or whatever the "buzz word of the day" is that comes from Ass-Chin Brady's mouth. We hate them because you have a smug, arrogant, classless, condescending prick for a head coach, and the fan base to match. Other than you and The Patriot, find me ONE other Pats fan who isn't a complete a$$hole? Every other one who has come to this board and that I have encountered elsewhere has done nothing but troll and piss people off. You wouldn't get nearly as much flak if you all showed a little more class. Instead, you will just have to live with the fact that you are universally hated around the league (not that I expect you or any one else to care).

There are plenty of ass holes to go around. You know, New England is a functioning society of average people who route for the home boys. Somebody who comes to another team's board to gloat probably has a self esteem complex. Me, I'm just bored.

But admit it. You like hating Belichick. You wouldn't watch an action movie without an antagonist would you? As for me, I'm enjoying the Pats' new role as the 'bad guy.' It sturs things up a bit. I wouldn't even mind seeing a nobody rookie team beating them in the Superbowl. I feel like the stars are aligning for a real life Rocky story.

HometownGal
12-15-2007, 02:04 PM
But admit it. You like hating Belichick.

I can't answer for the rest of our members, but I don't like "hating" (such a strong word) anyone, even Beliprick. He is what he is and always will be - a pompous, dishonest, condescending, smug-faced, philandering, cheating prick who has the class of a tree stump. Maybe I'm just different, but I'd much rather have a coach with class, integrity and grit who exhibits the good morals and values instilled in him as a youngin' than a Beliprick any day of the week and five times on Sunday.

You are one of the few Pats fans who I've encountered on any board who has any degree of football smarts and class. Props to you Patriot. :cheers:

(P.S. I still hope the Pats get knocked off their homemade throne tomorrow). :thumbsup:

The Patriot
12-15-2007, 03:32 PM
^
Thanks, but I still think that's just his persona in front of the media. I think he's alot more amiable when he's out of public view. I mean, LT was pissed off after the playoff loss but then worked under Belichick in the probowl and then suddenly decided to publicly apologize for his remarks. And then Adalius took a pay cut to go play for Bill. Brainwashed? Perhaps but who knows for sure. Everyone says Belichick looks smug and arrogant. To me, he just looks tired and annoyed. This could be his last year.

patsdynasty
12-16-2007, 01:27 AM
^
Thanks, but I still think that's just his persona in front of the media. I think he's alot more amiable when he's out of public view. I mean, LT was pissed off after the playoff loss but then worked under Belichick in the probowl and then suddenly decided to publicly apologize for his remarks. And then Adalius took a pay cut to go play for Bill. Brainwashed? Perhaps but who knows for sure. Everyone says Belichick looks smug and arrogant. To me, he just looks tired and annoyed. This could be his last year.

Belichick is not a sociable or likeable guy. Like Patriot said, I'm sure he's much different in private and with the players. Even a lot of Pats fans dislike him. Some people just have a talent at making other people dislike them wihout even trying. I get that. Belichick is a frustrating guy., The Vinatieri mess was sheer arrogance and bush league. He let go of one of the most clutch kickers in the history of the game over aprx 500k. While Adam may be on the downslope of his career, his replacement is shaky at best. I don't think you find a single Pats fan that will defend the way he handled the situation a while ago when Richard Seymour's dad died. I could go on and on.

But the bottom line, here in New England, is we had nothing before he got here. The man has won us three Superbowls. Bill Belichick put us on the map and gave the franchise respectability. Parcells brought us to the Superbowl and was about as emotionally invested in the game as a hooker is in serving her 500lb client. He was already planning his escape to the Jets before the game even started. Then he turned around and stabbed us in the back again by stealing Curtis Martin from us.

I've always agreed that a good barometer of a person's character is how they treat "the little people". The wait staff at a restaurant, the person pumping their gas. People they don't have to treat well. Belichick fails this test miserably. I know he can be a jerk. I've never argued that. But for all his faults he is still my coach.

My junior and senior years in high school I played with a QB I couldn't stand- nobody could really. One night he was running his mouth to the other team after the play and said some stuff he had no business saying. One of their LBs came over a took a cheap shot on him. We buried the kid and I was the first one there. All hell broke loose. He was one of the best QBs in the state. But he had a problem with his mouth. Everybody had told him to keep his mouth shut repeatedly- including the coaching staff. He had it coming. But on the field that was my teammate. It's the same way as a fan. I don't really like Belichick. But I think he is the best head coach in the game. That's my coach

Everything I have as a Pats fan, good and bad, I owe to Belichick, Kraft and Pioli. It's going to take a lot more for me to turn on him than this Spygate thing. If he were somehow slipping electronic devices in balls that allowed him to affect the flight of the ball or something like that, I would be upset. I just just don't see what he did as cheating given the "competitive" climate in the NFL.

It's kind of like the Barry Bonds situation. For a long time, I felt an asterisk next to the record was appropriate. Like a lot of people, I felt he got some of those homeruns by cheating. The fact that he just might be the biggest jerk on the planet made it that much easier to take that stance.

But then the Mitchell report came out. Not only is the list huge, I bet it's just the tip of the iceburg. I started to think, if steroid use is this widespread how can I continue to single out Bonds? Bonds wasn't doing anything that half the league wasn't.

patsdynasty
12-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Here's a question to ponder. How would you feel if your team was on the verge of something great and they continued to lose games by less than 7pts and it seemed the team they were losing to always had the perfect play during a blitz or the right defensive call on against the offense?

Then come to find out the team you were losing against was found to be violating league policy for all those years?

How then would you view the subject matter?

While I agree with you, it's about loyalty to your team (as far as being a fan), I would be disappointed with my team for taking such an avenue.

And while the fans aren't responsible for the fines, I'm really disappointed that Goodell has really done nothing but slapped Kraft, Belicheat and the Patriacheats on the wrist. IMHO, all he did was turn the other cheek while he takes stronger stances against other teams and coaches for, "destroying the integrity of the game."

I apologize if I misuderstood you. But I'm assuming that you are talking about the Pats Steelers rivalry-even though the last two games were more than 7 points. The Pats know the Steelers are blitz happy. You don't have to be cheating or some sort of genius to guess a Steelers blitz is coming. They blitz too much.

The safeties are overly aggressive. Anthony Smith got beat deep twice on play action. The Pats run like 6 times a week. There's no excuse for not staying back on that. Even Palamalou (who is a great player) has a tendency to be over aggressive. At times the Steelers are too agressive and it plays right into the Pats hands.

On defense, the Pats want to make Big Ben beat them. So far he has not been able to do that.

The Pats can see the Steelers gameplan coming from a mile away because it never changes. Not because they are cheating.

And the rule change regarding sideline cameras was instituted this year. So I don't know why you would say they were violating policy "for all those years"

Lastly, when you use silly rhetoric such as Patriacheats it really undermines your credibility in an argument. I really don't think a 500k fine and a loss of a 1st round draft pick is a slap on the wrist considering the offense. A 1st round draft choice is huge. I think Goodell has been consistently tough on people who violate the league rules. Furthermore, there has been no comparable charge brought forward in the NFL since Goodell took over. PacMan and Chris Henry being arrested 1700 times between the two of them is a lot worse than Belichick attempting to steal signals. As far as I'm concerned anyway. I really can't think of what other examples you would be talking about off the top of my head

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 07:39 AM
The man has won us three Superbowls.

I don't believe that for a minute. Tom Brady (with a bit of help from Vinatieri) has won NE three SB's. Without Brady, the Pats are an average team at best.

dragtruk
12-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't believe that for a minute. Tom Brady (with a bit of help from Vinatieri) has won NE three SB's. Without Brady, the Pats are an average team at best.

The Pats have an incredible front line. Many QB's could do a good job with that kind of protection. Brady just happens to be exceptional, which makes things all the worse for an opposing team. Although- Brady has been shown to be not as good as they claim when he is hurried and pressured, and that will get worse as he ages. Take away that rock of an OL and NE fans will be calling for Brady's head when he he starts throwing up ducks. Moss and Welker have also made him into a better QB than he actually is.
I think some of these lesser teams have to stop caring if the Pats score, and make Vrabel pay for coming in on offense in the red zone. Or hit Brady late. The Pats have been doing it for years. Give up the score and start playing the Pats' game. Hurt people, hit them after the whistle, then run them over. Then have some real fun and announce at the Razor that there is a case of Crown Royal hidden somewhere in the stadium. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 90% of those people would' miss work for a week looking for it. :flap::banana:

The Patriot
12-16-2007, 11:48 AM
The Pats have an incredible front line. Many QB's could do a good job with that kind of protection. Brady just happens to be exceptional, which makes things all the worse for an opposing team. Although- Brady has been shown to be not as good as they claim when he is hurried and pressured, and that will get worse as he ages. Take away that rock of an OL and NE fans will be calling for Brady's head when he he starts throwing up ducks. Moss and Welker have also made him into a better QB than he actually is.
I think some of these lesser teams have to stop caring if the Pats score, and make Vrabel pay for coming in on offense in the red zone. Or hit Brady late. The Pats have been doing it for years. Give up the score and start playing the Pats' game. Hurt people, hit them after the whistle, then run them over. Then have some real fun and announce at the Razor that there is a case of Crown Royal hidden somewhere in the stadium. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 90% of those people would' miss work for a week looking for it. :flap::banana:

And who's the guy who makes sure that the OL is at it's best every year? This argument is going in circles. Brady is far more than an exceptional QB. An exceptional QB doesn't make it to the AFC championship game with Caldwell as he lead receiver, who by the way doesn't even start on the Redskins. Brady converts under pressure. Look at the Chargers and Ravens games. They should have loss but Brady was given one to many chances. How many exceptional Qbs can overcome 3 interceptions away playing the number one seed in the playoffs?

The Patriot
12-16-2007, 11:51 AM

Without Belichick, Brady would have been just another 199th draft pick, spending a couple years as a backup, and then would have moved on to another profession. You have to give them both credit.

stlrtruck
12-16-2007, 11:51 AM
I apologize if I misuderstood you. But I'm assuming that you are talking about the Pats Steelers rivalry-even though the last two games were more than 7 points. The Pats know the Steelers are blitz happy. You don't have to be cheating or some sort of genius to guess a Steelers blitz is coming. They blitz too much.

The safeties are overly aggressive. Anthony Smith got beat deep twice on play action. The Pats run like 6 times a week. There's no excuse for not staying back on that. Even Palamalou (who is a great player) has a tendency to be over aggressive. At times the Steelers are too agressive and it plays right into the Pats hands.

On defense, the Pats want to make Big Ben beat them. So far he has not been able to do that.

The Pats can see the Steelers gameplan coming from a mile away because it never changes. Not because they are cheating.

And the rule change regarding sideline cameras was instituted this year. So I don't know why you would say they were violating policy "for all those years"

Lastly, when you use silly rhetoric such as Patriacheats it really undermines your credibility in an argument. I really don't think a 500k fine and a loss of a 1st round draft pick is a slap on the wrist considering the offense. A 1st round draft choice is huge. I think Goodell has been consistently tough on people who violate the league rules. Furthermore, there has been no comparable charge brought forward in the NFL since Goodell took over. PacMan and Chris Henry being arrested 1700 times between the two of them is a lot worse than Belichick attempting to steal signals. As far as I'm concerned anyway. I really can't think of what other examples you would be talking about off the top of my head

I was not referring to this particular game but several games over the last 7 years and not just against the Steelers but other teams as well. It's just "fishy" to me that in almost every game there seems to be too many "coincidences" for calling the right play at the right time against the defense.

As for my credibility, it has nothing to do with my rhetoric renaming of the patriots to patria-cheats. Since they entire organization lacks anything resembling class, respect, and honor for the game as a whole then the team does not deserve to be given such in return. If you feel that it has some reflection on my knowledge of the game, well then it would only prove that you can't look past the tree to see the forest - kind of reminds me of certain attitudes that come out of the northeast and has been cheating the league for several years but yet was only dealt a small fine for something so discrediting to the league as a whole.

As for another example, look at the cowboys coach who got suspended for 4 games for using steroids to assist him with a medical condition - and yet that had no affect on his team's performance and was something he needed to help him. And Belicheat only gets a fine and the loss of a first round draft choice. Goodell didn't punish them, nor was he as stringent on the patriacheats as he has been on other players/teams.

But hey whatever floats your boat - which is probably videotapes and cameras!

Good luck with that!

dragtruk
12-16-2007, 05:13 PM
And who's the guy who makes sure that the OL is at it's best every year? This argument is going in circles. Brady is far more than an exceptional QB. An exceptional QB doesn't make it to the AFC championship game with Caldwell as he lead receiver, who by the way doesn't even start on the Redskins. Brady converts under pressure. Look at the Chargers and Ravens games. They should have loss but Brady was given one to many chances. How many exceptional Qbs can overcome 3 interceptions away playing the number one seed in the playoffs?

Maybe so, but Brady choked against the Colts a few years back. He's not the one making sure of the great front line. You hit brady good a few times and he'll crumble.
No, he doesn't convert under pressure. He only converts when he has time to throw. If not, it's the cheap 3-4 yard quick outs so he doesn't get hit. I say, hit him a few good times- not sack him, but really put the boots to him, and he'll fold up in the fetal postion. He really hasn't been hit like many QB's in the league.
The Ravens game was a fluke. Admit it. Were it not for the stupid crap going on in that game the P's would have one loss to a team who lost to Miami today.
The Pats have won too many games- last second- to be a dynasty team like NE fans want you to believe. Not many convincing wins like the Steelers in the 70's, or how Pittsburgh went into everyone's house and kicked the shit out of them two years ago ,or in XL. Just last minute luck. That's what will keep them a second rate dynasty-if they are one at all.

tony hipchest
12-16-2007, 05:35 PM
well, i knew mangina was weak as shit. he had a chance to make history, and instead of forfeiting he insured the game would be as close as it would be by spotting the patriots 7 points.

nice 10 point loss 'gina. (what a fraud)

Steeler in Carolina
12-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey, maybe Miami can forfeit and add the asterisk to NE's record.

tony hipchest
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey, maybe Miami can forfeit and add the asterisk to NE's record.

naaaahhh. only mangina is yellow and pu$$y enough to actually forfeit a game.

im really disappointed in him to not have enough balls to be the pu$$ he is.

he coulda donne great things.

then again, he is no genius. hes a fraking ballboy who licked belichicks sack long enough to get a substantial job in jockworld.

patsdynasty
12-16-2007, 07:17 PM

Yes, I realize it's a team effort. But who drafted Brady? Who stuck with Brady even once Bledsoe got healthy? People tend to forget this about Bledsoe because of his low football IQ, but Tom Brady wasn't even in his league as far as arm strength and accuracy at the time. Bledsoe was a ProBowl, franchise QB at the time and a favorite of the owner. A lot of coaches would have simply put Brady back on the bench when Drew got healthy.

I've always felt like coaches get a little too much credit sometimes. But the 2001 Superbowl was one of the best coaching performances ever. There is no way that team should won a Lombardi. I really don't think there are many coaches that could have pulled that one off.

Again, it's a team effort. But Belichick is HUGE part of it. We owe him here in New England. Even if that means defending a jerk.

patsdynasty
12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
naaaahhh. only mangina is yellow and pu$$y enough to actually forfeit a game.

im really disappointed in him to not have enough balls to be the pu$$ he is.

he coulda donne great things.

then again, he is no genius. hes a fraking ballboy who licked belichicks sack long enough to get a substantial job in jockworld.

In all seriousness, even if Mangini had forfeited and walked back to the tunnel, there is no way his players would have followed him. The Jets are professional athletes. They have more pride than that.

You guys might get your wish next week against Miami. The Pats defense gave up close to 30 (I forget the actual number) the last time they played the Dolphins. For all the talk about how great Tom Brady is, he tends to lay stinkbombs every now and then. I don't know how much of a factor the weather was this week, but he had quite of few really bad games last year. If Brady plays like this next week they will probably lose.

The Patriot
12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe so, but Brady choked against the Colts a few years back. He's not the one making sure of the great front line. You hit brady good a few times and he'll crumble.
No, he doesn't convert under pressure. He only converts when he has time to throw. If not, it's the cheap 3-4 yard quick outs so he doesn't get hit. I say, hit him a few good times- not sack him, but really put the boots to him, and he'll fold up in the fetal postion. He really hasn't been hit like many QB's in the league.
The Ravens game was a fluke. Admit it. Were it not for the stupid crap going on in that game the P's would have one loss to a team who lost to Miami today.
The Pats have won too many games- last second- to be a dynasty team like NE fans want you to believe. Not many convincing wins like the Steelers in the 70's, or how Pittsburgh went into everyone's house and kicked the shit out of them two years ago ,or in XL. Just last minute luck. That's what will keep them a second rate dynasty-if they are one at all.
I couldn't disagree more. I think that it's about winning those close-ones year after year that makes a team great. To me, a convincing win is having atleast one more point than the other team on the board when the clock runs out.

dragtruk
12-17-2007, 06:43 AM
I couldn't disagree more. I think that it's about winning those close-ones year after year that makes a team great. To me, a convincing win is having atleast one more point than the other team on the board when the clock runs out.

You feel that way because it's happened so many times. Let me ask your opinion on Patriots football. Do you think they purposely go out to hurt people? If no, how do you explain Wilfork driving the Jets QB into the ground, or his classic stepping on guys coming out of the pile move? (Without the cliche "it's part of the game" answer). Do you think other teams should head hunt Brady? Would that be fair?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-17-2007, 08:52 AM

Ironically enough....The Jets "convincing" loss, probably insures McFadden will be wearing green next year.

The Patriot
12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
You feel that way because it's happened so many times. Let me ask your opinion on Patriots football. Do you think they purposely go out to hurt people? If no, how do you explain Wilfork driving the Jets QB into the ground, or his classic stepping on guys coming out of the pile move? (Without the cliche "it's part of the game" answer). Do you think other teams should head hunt Brady? Would that be fair?

I don't think they try to hurt people but I don't think they feel bad if they do get hurt. Wilfork's tackle was a little late but he hit him square in the chest and let his momentum take them to the ground. If we was looking to hurt him he could have wrapped him up by the knees and driven his helmet into his legs. Brady's been hit this season but they've all been professional. There have been plenty of chances to take him out but nobody has exploited them thus far.