PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Draft Day Situation

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 02:22 AM
The perfect draft day situation would be for us to trade away alan faneca any get a 1st round pick for him...(ik really remote and probably impossible but whocares) trade away starx for a 3rd maybe 4th and then use the first two draft picks we have to draft o-linemen jeff otah and michael oher... and then use our second on any DE-OLB hybrid and in the third get a project DB that can play anywhere... similar to brandon merriweather of the pats...

revefsreleets
12-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Why would a team trade for Faneca? Or Starks? They are both UFA's at the end of this season, when they will have no contract. Your scenario would have teams giving up players or draft spots for nothing, since they would have to negotiate deals with Starks and Faneca anyway. It makes no sense.

The Duke
12-13-2007, 12:49 PM
lol, this was funny.

and even if he had a contract starks wouldn't traded for a 3rd round pick

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
hey it's supposed to be perfect

revefsreleets
12-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Then again, seeing some of the boneheaded calls some of the GM's in this league have made, not to mention senile old Al Davis out there in Oakland, I guess anything could happen.

Jman
12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
and even if he had a contract starks wouldn't traded for a 3rd round pick

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

true.

FAB802
12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm sure someone would give us Fu and a four for Starks.

Elvis
12-16-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm sure someone would give us Fu and a four for Starks.
:toofunny::sofunny:

zoneblitz43
12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I dunno about trading Starks, he has played well at LT. If he can play at the same level he did a few weeks ago at STL and Baltimore he might have a future there. Faneca is a toad who we should have traded while we still had the chance. It's obvious he is on the downside of his career.

Jman
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Faneca is a toad who we should have traded while we still had the chance. It's obvious he is on the downside of his career.

:coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I dunno about trading Starks, he has played well at LT. If he can play at the same level he did a few weeks ago at STL and Baltimore he might have a future there. Faneca is a toad who we should have traded while we still had the chance. It's obvious he is on the downside of his career.are you freakin serious???:toofunny:...he couldn't even play RIGHT tackle !!! in case you forgot, he lost that job. he also does not play left tackle. they bring him in as a tight end, to HELP, the left tackle.

zoneblitz43
01-01-2008, 02:06 AM
IDK what you are smoking, Marvel has allowed 10 sacks. Starks has allowed 1. He did a good job of controlling Jason Taylor and Justin Smith. He played well against the Rams and Ravens. If he can handle the Jags in the playoffs, I think he might have a future.

Rhee Rhee
01-01-2008, 03:09 AM
he'll only have a future if hes willing to resign which means he'll lose a considerable amount of money.

MasterOfPuppets
01-01-2008, 03:33 AM
IDK what you are smoking, Marvel has allowed 10 sacks. Starks has allowed 1. He did a good job of controlling Jason Taylor and Justin Smith. He played well against the Rams and Ravens. If he can handle the Jags in the playoffs, I think he might have a future.
well lets see.....
1. i made that post before either of those games. so i was basing it on his performance at right tackle,and when he was brought in as a tiightend...in both cases he SUCKED !!!
2. i'm not defending marvel, because i think we need to upgrade anyway, but marvel gave up 10 sacks in 14 games ( where did you find these stats ? ) not 1 1/4 of a game., so thats not much of a comparison. plus marvel has been playing with a back problem.
3. starks playing well makes it that much more likely the steelers will not be able to match offers he'll get from elsewhere....:wink02: