PDA

View Full Version : Troy On Track To Start

warddj86
12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
if so feel free to leave a message

STEELtownHAVOX
12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Troy Polamalu-DB- Steelers Dec. 12 - 9:55 am et

Steelers FS Troy Polamalu is expected to return to practice today.

Polamalu also practiced last Wednesday, but re-injured his knee and sat the rest of the week out. His return would be a nice boost for a defense that lost DE Aaron Smith for the season in Week 14.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

steelpride12
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Troy Polamalu-DB- Steelers Dec. 12 - 9:55 am et

Steelers FS Troy Polamalu is expected to return to practice today.

Polamalu also practiced last Wednesday, but re-injured his knee and sat the rest of the week out. His return would be a nice boost for a defense that lost DE Aaron Smith for the season in Week 14.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

On KDKA they said he would most likely play about a 95% percent chance so thats great!

HometownGal
12-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Great news for the Steelers, but not so good news for Troy's uncle, Kennedy Pola, who is the Jags RB coach. :tt02:

Steelers' Polamalu on track to start
By Scott Brown

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 13, 2007

Troy Polamalu talks to his uncle, Kennedy Pola, every week during the season.
"He checks on me to see if I am healthy," Polamalu said.

The answer Polamalu gives this week could be both good and bad for Pola.

Polamalu, who has missed the Steelers' last three games with a sprained knee, practiced Wednesday and is on track to play Sunday when Jacksonville visits Heinz Field.

The reason that news isn't entirely good for Pola: He is the Jaguars' running backs coach, and Jacksonville will have to contend with one of the best safeties in the NFL barring any setbacks.
"I feel good now," Polamalu said.

Now, however, is the operative word when it comes to Polamalu's health.

He felt good enough to practice Dec. 5, but he had what he called "a knee-on-knee collision," and it sidelined him for the rest of the week as well as the Patriots game.

His return would provide a boost to a defense that lost end Aaron Smith to a season-ending arm injury, especially since Polamalu is strong against the run.

Travis Kirschke and Nick Eason will fill in for Smith, who will have surgery Friday to repair a torn biceps, at left defensive end.

Each started a game there earlier this season when Smith was out with a sprained knee, and Kirschke figures to get the starting nod Sunday.

While he and Eason are veterans, Eason said he expects the Jaguars to run at them, since each has played sparingly this season.

"Anytime you've got a guy that's played some but doesn't have a lot of playing (time), he's a target," Eason said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_542476.html

SteelersJW
12-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Excellent, we need him after the secondary fell apart last Sunday. Even if his play is limited, it will still be a huge help.

Dino 6 Rings
12-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Sweet! Now I can let my hair down and do my best Troy P impression in the office tomorrow when I wear his Jersey to work...

Go Troy, Its Your Birthday, Hitting Jags in the Mouth like its your birthday!!!

memphissteelergirl
12-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Good news! :thumbsup:

klick81
12-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Let's go Troy! Show us what you got in you man.

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
this is good news since we have lost smith for the season.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Troy apprently practiced but Ben sat out again today::dang:

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is not practicing for the second straight day because of a sore right shoulder.

Roethlisberger also did not practice on Wednesday. Backup Charlie Batch has taken over for him both days.

Coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday announced that Roethlisberger had a sore shoulder but that it was nothing serious.

"Ben Roethlisberger has a sore shoulder, which may limit him some on Wednesday,'' Tomlin said.

"I don't want to make more out of it than what it is. It is just sore."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07347/841464-66.stm

7900rpms
12-13-2007, 03:39 PM
i'll be cheering for Troy in the stands this weekend. let's just hop Ben's up to snuff. calling for snowy weather too, could be interesting :tt02:

steelpride12
12-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Its great news because if you think about it the jags will most likely try to run against us and what better said that the side with the huge black hole in from Smith being out.
If Troy plays then he will be on that side and def. will help out the backup DE's with his ability to help stop the run on that side since Troy comes from every angle!

Illinois Steel
12-13-2007, 04:39 PM
I would love to see us get a huge lead and rest Troy in the second half, he will be more important in St.Louis against a team that has a real pass threat. If things do not go well up front defensively on Sunday our line backers and secondary will be making a lot of tackles.That is what scares me most is Troy re-injuring himself making a play that A.Smith would have made if he was able to play.
If for some reason {god forbid} Ben can't go I have a lot of confidence in Charlie to get the job done.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I love Troy, but unless he's 100% I don't want him back in the line up. I think he can be a liability at times when he tries to play and isn't 100%

BlastFurnace
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

He hasn't been healthy since the Denver Championship Game.

Super Bowl - ankle
Last Season - Shoulder
This season - Abdomen and Knee

Fire Haley
12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Steelers | Polamalu not on injury report for Week 15
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:23:22 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers SS Troy Polamalu (knee) participated in practice Friday, Dec. 14. He is not on the injury report for Week 15 and is expected to play in the game.

Stlr4ever
12-15-2007, 10:05 PM
I am not sure Troy's comeback can necessarily help the team. He has been out for a while. He might be a little rusty, and he has not had a good season. I am just hoping for him to be ready for the playoffs and do well in POs.

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I am not sure Troy's comeback can necessarily help the team. He has been out for a while. He might be a little rusty, and he has not had a good season. I am just hoping for him to be ready for the playoffs and do well in POs.

You have to bring him back at some point. We only have 3 games in the regular season left and well, he's going to need some action before the playoffs.

stillers4me
12-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I think last week was just for good measure. Tomlin doesn't seem too mess around with the guys injuries.

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2007, 11:19 PM
I think last week was just for good measure. Tomlin doesn't seem too mess around with the guys injuries.

I'm thankful that he doesn't.

stillers4me
12-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm thankful that he doesn't.

Me, too. Tomlin seems to take the long term approach vs the short term solution. This year was a learning process.....and it isn't going too badly......no matter how the division winds up.

I really like this guy. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
12-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Me, too. Tomlin seems to take the long term approach vs the short term solution. This year was a learning process.....and it isn't going too badly......no matter how the division winds up.

I really like this guy. :thumbsup:

Agreed I like him also.