PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go 'stros....

Koopa
10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
LETS GO 'STROS, LETS GO 'STROS, LETS GO 'STROS!!!!! lol i know y'all dont' care but damn i'm excited as hell. finally i get to see my team play in the world series win or lose this has been a great season, coming back from being 15 games under .500 to playing in the world series, awesome just plain awesome.

so who do y'all think is gonna win the world series? and how many games will it go?

obvioulsy i'm gonna go with the astros in 6

Ambridge
10-20-2005, 08:13 AM
No doubt you're fired up Koop. Enjoy the series.

I thought the Astros might be in trouble after the Cards came from behind the other night.

I think it's a toss up on who wins and I believe it will go a full 7 games.

BB2W
10-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I am pulling for them... I would like to see Bagwell and Biggio win a World Series, and it would be cool to see Clemens win another one on the way out.

Ambridge
10-23-2005, 10:05 AM
White Sox take game one 5-3.

I watched the Astros last two at bats. Bobby Jenks closed out the game with some serious heat on his fastball at 100mph.

Koopa
10-23-2005, 03:36 PM
hopefully pettite will get it done tonight, or you can probably stick a fork in this series

Prosdo
10-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Come on Astros!!!

Koopa
10-23-2005, 10:00 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU UUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! qualls you worthless piece of shit, well this series is over, at least we finally made it to the world series

Koopa
10-23-2005, 10:36 PM
well put a fork in this series. now i guess i'll have to wait 40 more years until we are in again. damn lidge bops nuts, he's done as a good closer now he's just aight.

hmmmmmmmm
10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey....tone it down in here lol. We all knew this was gonna happen this is the White Sox year

Koopa
10-23-2005, 11:25 PM
well you don't count cause you hate the astros so of course you gonna say that

hmmmmmmmm
10-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Its true....the only people who were hyped were from Texas. I didnt buy into the hype so im sorry for bein a "hater" lol. Anyways, just like the eagles last year theyre gonna fall short which everyone knew would happen lol

Koopa
10-23-2005, 11:38 PM
what hype was there to buy into? espn didn't really hype them up, and of cause me and they guys are cause we are fans but there was no real hype to buy into. so now the white sox are your team? i thought it was the rangers oh wait the yankees. who will it be next season?

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Anyone who plays up against those choke artists you call "your" team. There was plenty of hype just no point in buying into the "Eagles". Astros "fan" LOL

Koopa
10-24-2005, 12:10 AM
dude they aren't choke artist, you could say that if they were expected to win it all, all season long, but they weren't they were lucky to even get the wild card they did not choke they just losing. why is it everytime some one loses they are choke artist? the white sox are just better, and by you calling the astros choke artist you are downplayin the white sox by saying they only reason they have a 2-0 lead is becasue the astros choke which isn't the case the white sox are just better.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 12:21 AM
No, alot of people expected the Astros to do good at the start of the season. Theyre choking I saw a play that should of been an out hit their glove and bounce right the hell out. These closers that were so great during the regular season are getting hit for grand slams and game winning homeruns. I dont know but either they were hiding how bad they suck really good or theyre choking. The White Sox are the better team but the Astros shoulda won today just didnt work out that way cause the best closers choked.

Now, you can go on and on about how im being a hater and yadda yadda but its clear. Someone people were calling the second best closer gets hit for the game winning homerun the first pitch he throws. The Qualls guy who was supposed to be a good one gets hit with a grand slam and there were just dumb plays being committed by the Astros. I think that pretty much explains why i say theyre choking

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Its true....the only people who were hyped were from Texas. I didnt buy into the hype so im sorry for bein a "hater" lol. Anyways, just like the eagles last year theyre gonna fall short which everyone knew would happen lol
you want to talk about hype, ha, your boys almost blew a 15 game lead. that is pitiful. ozzie is in need of some serious counseling.

Koopa
10-24-2005, 11:35 AM
No, alot of people expected the Astros to do good at the start of the season. Theyre choking I saw a play that should of been an out hit their glove and bounce right the hell out. These closers that were so great during the regular season are getting hit for grand slams and game winning homeruns. I dont know but either they were hiding how bad they suck really good or theyre choking. The White Sox are the better team but the Astros shoulda won today just didnt work out that way cause the best closers choked.

Now, you can go on and on about how im being a hater and yadda yadda but its clear. Someone people were calling the second best closer gets hit for the game winning homerun the first pitch he throws. The Qualls guy who was supposed to be a good one gets hit with a grand slam and there were just dumb plays being committed by the Astros. I think that pretty much explains why i say theyre choking

they may have expected them to do good but not one non-texan sports writer picked them to be in the world series. qualls was never a great closer, lidge was our only good closer but he hasn't been the same since he blew the lead in august against the cubs.

Koopa
10-24-2005, 11:36 AM
you want to talk about hype, ha, your boys almost blew a 15 game lead. that is pitiful. ozzie is in need of some serious counseling.

the white sox ain't his team, he's just being an ass, he has like 3 teams it just depends on who is winning at the time for him to talk about them

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Chicago is undeserving of their spot in the World Series.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 05:18 PM
the white sox ain't his team, he's just being an ass, he has like 3 teams it just depends on who is winning at the time for him to talk about them

LOL dont even talk fool. I see you rep the Astros when theyre winning when theyre losing "I dont care about baseball" damn bandwagon fans callin other people that lol. "Oh damn they won. Let me put up my Astros logo and act like I care so i can say my "team" is doing good"

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Chicago is undeserving of their spot in the World Series.

Well now if Chicago is the Astros didnt even deserve to be in the playoffs. This "undeserving" team has a 2-0 lead

Koopa
10-24-2005, 05:35 PM
LOL dont even talk fool. I see you rep the Astros when theyre winning when theyre losing "I dont care about baseball" damn bandwagon fans callin other people that lol. "Oh damn they won. Let me put up my Astros logo and act like I care so i can say my "team" is doing good"

see i think you got us mixed up because i have the convos saved somewhere from msn, where i asked how bout the rangers when they were on the fall and you told me you don't give a fuck about baseball after talkin all the shit about them being the better team in texas cause they had a better record then the astros by a big margin but yet i was still arguing for the astros. and see i barely started watching baseball this season but the 'stros have always been my favorite baseball team cause they are a texas team. you like whoever is winning. two years ago it was about the yankees and then all of a sudden the rangers start winning and they are now your favorite team oh and then they fall off and it's all about the yanks again. and the reason i barely put astros on my avy is becasue this is a steelers board so there was no point until now but when the series is done i'll go back to my texas with the black and gold background. and the 'stros are losing and i still haven't stopped rooting for them.

Motley Nate
10-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Well now if Chicago is the Astros didnt even deserve to be in the playoffs. This "undeserving" team has a 2-0 lead
Explaining the near historic blow-up. Losing a 15 game lead is totally unacceptable. Guillen should have been fired for losing his cool... then announcing his e-mail address and complaining about the HATE MAIL FROM CHICAGO FANS. Fool.

:rofl: :funny: :toofunny:

Motley Nate
10-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Wow... I completely agree for once.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Explaining the near historic blow-up. Losing a 15 game lead is totally unacceptable. Guillen should have been fired for losing his cool... then announcing his e-mail address and complaining about the HATE MAIL FROM CHICAGO FANS. Fool.

:rofl: :funny: :toofunny:

Yeah but you see they didnt really lose anything cause they were still atop the division. Im not even a White Sox fan im just doin it to annoy this bandwagon fan. Plus, they are the better team they proved it against the Indians, Red Sox, Angels and so far the Astros.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 06:30 PM
see i think you got us mixed up because i have the convos saved somewhere from msn, where i asked how bout the rangers when they were on the fall and you told me you don't give a fuck about baseball after talkin all the shit about them being the better team in texas cause they had a better record then the astros by a big margin but yet i was still arguing for the astros. and see i barely started watching baseball this season but the 'stros have always been my favorite baseball team cause they are a texas team. you like whoever is winning. two years ago it was about the yankees and then all of a sudden the rangers start winning and they are now your favorite team oh and then they fall off and it's all about the yanks again. and the reason i barely put astros on my avy is becasue this is a steelers board so there was no point until now but when the series is done i'll go back to my texas with the black and gold background. and the 'stros are losing and i still haven't stopped rooting for them.

Dude you start liking em halfway through the year buy your little hat and tell me youve always liked em? FU** outta here. You seem to be pretty stupid as well if you arent a bandwagon fan i dont know what is. Its funny how you try and flip stuff but i see you rep em when they win and not talk about em when they werent anywhere. Youre a sad excuse for a fan you and i know i really dont care about baseball im doin this cause youre a bandwagon fan tryin to act like theyve been your team forever and its pathetic. You turn everything personal like a little bitch when you have nothing to contradict what i said. Let me guess this is the guy who was claiming the Cowboys were his favorite team earlier on this year LOL. Oh wait.........it doesnt apply to you. I dont like turning stuff personal i was just talking about the games and stating why i think theyre choking then you bring it to this tsk tsk tsk

Koopa
10-24-2005, 07:47 PM
i'm still repping them now and they just lost in the world series and will never be there again or at least not till we are old ass men. and at least i've stuck with one team i don't go to the rangers then the yankees then the rangers and back to the yankees. see i guess you didn't read right or you're just a dumbass i said they are my favorite NFC team which doesn't mean they are my favorite team and it don't mean i really root for them they are just the team in the nfc i like cause they are from texas but i could care less if they win or lose and there is a thread somewhere in this forum where i say that they are my second favorite team so don't try to call me out on some bullshit. getting personal? it's sports i ain't talkin about yo life. but you can do what you always have to do or you'll cry go ahead and have the last word and i'll just go back to talkin about the astros in this thread

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 08:08 PM
i'm still repping them now and they just lost in the world series and will never be there again or at least not till we are old ass men. and at least i've stuck with one team i don't go to the rangers then the yankees then the rangers and back to the yankees. see i guess you didn't read right or you're just a dumbass i said they are my favorite NFC team which doesn't mean they are my favorite team and it don't mean i really root for them they are just the team in the nfc i like cause they are from texas but i could care less if they win or lose and there is a thread somewhere in this forum where i say that they are my second favorite team so don't try to call me out on some bullshit. getting personal? it's sports i ain't talkin about yo life. but you can do what you always have to do or you'll cry go ahead and have the last word and i'll just go back to talkin about the astros in this thread

Dude, you are seriously the dumbest person i know. You forget the whole stupid thing you did about revealing your new favorite team? Or are you just tryin to justify it here when i call you out on it. It wasnt your favorite NFC team either you said multiple times your NEW FAVORITE team. Like i said though that shit dont apply to you. You got that one track mind where only youre right and you try to correct everything with some bullshit. You stuck with one team cause you started liking em when they started winning. Why would you jump ship when "your" team is winning not even you are dumb enough to do that. It dont matter what you put here youre tryin to look good here im not, im just telling the truth. Its funny how this is all personal its between me and you and you turned it that way bringing up some bullshit. Instead of stating facts you try going at me bringing up some stupid stuff then when i call you out on the stuff you try and justify it. Making up some bull "i said NFC"..... bullshit you cant take the heat dont fire off the gun. Now you try making it seem like your right....why did you even have to reply to this? So you could get the last word sayin thats what im tryin to do. Face it youre a bandwagon fan for every sport. At least I can say i was a Cowboy fan my whole damn life. Not a Steeler fan then Cowboy fan then a Steeler fan again. You wanna talk baseball dont be a bitch and make shit personal I was talkin baseball till you bring up some MSN convos and all that bullshit. Man up, dont be a hoe your whole life.

You wanna get back on topic............Fine. Explain to me how the Astros arent choking after last nights game. Biggio the seasoned vetran had a for sure out just bounce right out of his glove which allowed a run to score. Whoever it was in the outfield missed another out it landed right next to him. The two good closers yall have both getting smashed for homeruns. You can try and blame the wind but the wind was the same for the White Sox and they made their plays. Now, try and justify this without bringing up personal shit

Koopa
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
well let me get back on subject, so i think that oswalt can get this game won but we lose the next one with backe pitching and then clemens is kinda broken so he'll probably lose that game too.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 08:16 PM
You wanna get back on topic............Fine. Explain to me how the Astros arent choking after last nights game. Biggio the seasoned vetran had a for sure out just bounce right out of his glove which allowed a run to score. Whoever it was in the outfield missed another out it landed right next to him. The two good closers yall have both getting smashed for homeruns. You can try and blame the wind but the wind was the same for the White Sox and they made their plays. Now, try and justify this without bringing up personal shit

Hows about you answer this?????? Since this is what started it and if were getting back on topic pick up were it was left off

Koopa
10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
no cause you got off topic this was about who you think gonna win and a place for me to rant when we fuck up

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 08:30 PM
well you cant make a decision anymore cause it already started and its gonna be game 3. So now the only thing to do is talk about the games going on.

Koopa
10-24-2005, 08:47 PM
sure you can, i can say we gonna win the next four

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Well yeah but still. Youre supposed to make your predictions before it starts then just talk about the games

Koopa
10-24-2005, 09:22 PM
i was, i said f u qualls and then talked shit about lidge for choking. see i don't care if you say a player chokes but you saying the whole team is which isn't true. berkman is stepping up, willy has a few hits and has scored, lane has hit it out of the park or was that lamb? biggio for the most part is doing good but he did fuck up on getting that for sure out. bagwell he ain't choking cause he ain't himself really and he looks like he's finna take a shit when he's batting so it's ok for him to suck. pettite let two runs but that's ok he didn't lose us the game, clemens choked cause he's been there and should be used to the pressure. wandy well he sucks that's why he gave off the winning run in game one. lidge just sucks and i dont' care if you talk shit about him. he hasn't been the same since he blew the lead against the cubs a couple of months ago so all his confidence is shot. qualls sucks he has like 4 good games and then messes up big time like last night.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Well yeah but i dont know if baseball is like football a team game. Every pitcher they had that game choked. Biggio did and the outfielder i dont know his name did as well. Thats 5 people from the team. So it was just easier to say the team I mean everyone isnt playing as good as they were last series. Theyre all making stupid mistakes on the big stage thats why i say theyre choking cause theyre playing sub par when they finally get to the big series.

Koopa
10-24-2005, 09:49 PM
well andy didn't really choke he played 7 solid innings giving off two runs, but the other pitcher gave off 4 was it? why ain't you saying he choked? and when we tied them in the 8th. lidge got the L for the night not pettite he got no decision cause of the closers. we were winning when andy left so he didn't choke, allowing two runs early ain't choking and if it is you should bring up their pitcher for allowing 4 and game ones pitcher for allowing 3. and also why don't you bring up one of their closers the tall fat dude he let jose vicino or however it's spelled get a double off him bringing in two runs to tie the game at 6.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Well, because they arent losing... they didnt make real stupid plays and that big dude wasnt a supposed "Good" closer. The two Houston closers were supposed to be in the upper half of the league one some even called the second best. Theyre not playing the same now that they got to the World Series. Theyre playing like it was the start of the season again making stupid plays.

(Yeah i didnt mean to say pettite (or whatever))

Koopa
10-24-2005, 10:17 PM
well i can understand lidge being called the second best closer but he hasn't been the same since i explained the cubs game he has no confedince what so ever and he lost way more against albert in the nlcs and then now, he's pretty much done as a good closer he'll just be avg at best from now on. qualls i don't know where you got that from casue he fucked up a lot during the season he's somewhat stepped up in the playoffs until now.

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 10:30 PM
But as a whole the team is playing nowhere near the way they were the last series and theyre making retarded plays which i think = choking. I heard people saying Qualls was a good closer and Lidge did good till Pujols knocked it out.

Koopa
10-24-2005, 10:50 PM
well actually the homerun in game 5 was just the iceing on the cake (or one of the sanes that ppl use) for lidges career as a very good closer. and after yesterday we'll probably never see him be dominate again unless it's against the pittsburgh priates or some other shitty team like that. and they were baseing qualls off what he did in the playoffs not the reagular season where he messed up a lot. it's whatever you can say they are choking but it just shows the white sox shouldn't be winning then if we are choking. the white sox are just a better team on paper and out on the field. but 5 ppl don't make a team a lot of others are stepping up but those 5 you name are messing shit up for the ones that aren't afraid of the world series

hmmmmmmmm
10-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Like i said if yall didnt choke this last game was yours. The game shouldnt have been lost the series should be 1-1 but they fell apart (choked) and lost the game

Koopa
10-24-2005, 11:41 PM
not yall qualls and lidge, everyone played their best, sure biggio fucked up once but we got the hits when the needed to be done but the bullpen couldn't get it done. but i guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if we choke, cause oswalt should prolong the series by one game

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 02:42 AM
The Eagles got to the Superbowl and choked its a team game. Anything were you rely on someone to help you get ahead is a team sport. So there was a bunch of stupid plays Like the third baseman or whoever who threw to first and threw it into the dirt or to high i dont really remember but i know it happened. So half the Astros team choked I guess since i just gotta blame certain people lol

Koopa
10-25-2005, 02:36 PM
why the hell do you keep bringing up the eagles? that's a stupid ass argument they choked, bring up the lakers and the pistons and every other team that has gone to the super bowl or nba championship or world series and has lost then. saying they are choking is taking away from the white sox but a couple of days ago you said this was their year so why don't you just say they are losing to the better team? just cause they are throwing in the dirt don't mean they are choking they did it against the braves they did it last series shit happens don't mean they are choking.

SteelrsRck
10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Didnt one of the Stros players wifes get slapped by a fan yesterday or something not sure of the whole story

Koopa
10-25-2005, 02:49 PM
lol, yeah it was biggio wife that got slapped in the face, ppl in chi-town are assholes

Koopa
10-25-2005, 02:55 PM
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has apologized after Astros second baseman Craig Biggio's wife was slapped by a male fan in Chicago.

The incident happened Sunday night in the stands at U.S. Cellular Field, where the White Sox beat Houston in Game 2 of the World Series.

Guillen issued a public apology on behalf of his organization.

"I feel like it's our fault, and I talked to (Biggio) about it, and he knows we're sorry," Guillen said. "He knows it was something we couldn't control. It wasn't like a fight. (The fan) hit the lady and left."

Biggio says his wife, Patty, wasn't hurt. Biggio says the fan slapped his wife then tried to run away -- before the player's brother-in-law ended up "putting him against the wall."

Biggio and his wife issued a statement Tuesday saying that they did not intend to file a complaint.

"I'm not going to sit here and hold all the Chicago fans accountable for this for one guy who was acting like an idiot," Craig Biggio said.

Astros manager Phil Garner says it's his understanding that the fan had been gouging her a bit, pulling Patty Biggio's hair and doing some other "stupid things."

Biggio told a Houston TV station that the fan messed with the wrong woman.

"It's just unfortunate," Biggio said. "One guy just thought he was being funny and decided to slap my wife upside the head. I guess his misfortune was, you know, you don't do that to a Jersey girl. She chased him down and caught him. We are just going to leave it at that -- nice and simple. It's over with."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5023814

Koopa
10-25-2005, 02:58 PM
here is the preview for todays game:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/preview?gameId=251025118

GAME: Chicago White Sox at Houston Astros.

SERIES: World Series; White Sox lead 2-0.
TIME: Tuesday, 8:38 p.m. EDT.

Two stunning home runs and more help from yet another questionable umpiring call helped the Chicago White Sox move within two wins of their first World Series title since 1917.

Now Chicago will have something else working in its favor as it tries to pull closer to the championship - at least two games in front of a hostile crowd on the road.

The White Sox, the major leagues' best road team this season, look to take a 3-0 lead over the Houston Astros in the World Series when the scene shifts to Minute Maid Park.

Chicago rolls into Houston on the heels of a pair of exhilarating victories at U.S. Cellular Field. Scott Podsednik and Paul Konerko provided the drama on Sunday night, as Konerko's seventh-inning grand slam erased a 4-2 deficit, and Podsednik homered off Astros closer Brad Lidge in the bottom of the ninth to give the White Sox a 7-6 win.

"I don't think anyone in the ballpark was thinking about me hitting the ball out of the ballpark," said Podsednik, who didn't hit his first homer of the season until the playoff opener against Boston.

Konerko's slam, his fifth postseason homer, came on Chad Qualls' first offering after Jermaine Dye was ruled to have been hit by a pitch from Dan Wheeler. Dye admitted the pitch struck his bat.

"He's got nasty stuff, that guy," Konerko said of Qualls. "He threw it exactly where I was looking."

Podsednik then bailed out closer Bobby Jenks, one of the stars of Game 1 who helped shut down the Astros in the final two innings, after Jenks allowed a two-run, two-out single to pinch-hitter Jose Vizcaino that tied the game in the ninth.

While Houston heads home looking to turn the series at raucous Minute Maid Park, where it was an NL-best 53-28 this season, the Astros will have to do it against a White Sox club that went 52-29 on the road in 2005, tops in baseball. Chicago has carried that into the playoffs, winning all four of its games away from home.

Phil Garner's club has been frustrated by Chicago's clutch hitting, pitching and timely breaks that have dropped Houston into an 0-2 hole in its first World Series appearance.

"Well, we're not in a good spot," Garner said. "They can't do anything wrong."

Although the White Sox have relied on their power at key times in this postseason, they are similar to Houston in favoring a smallball approach of bunting, stealing and hitting and running. With no designated hitter in the NL park, that style could be used heavily by both teams starting Tuesday, although the short porches of the Astros' stadium should be inviting to hot White Sox power hitters such as Konerko, Dye and Joe Crede.

Facing the prospect of a 3-0 deficit, Garner will turn to his best pitcher of these playoffs in Roy Oswalt to get his team back in the series. The right-hander is 3-0 with a 2.11 ERA in his three starts of this postseason, and has lasted at least seven innings each time. Oswalt pitched the Astros into the World Series in his last outing, defeating St. Louis 5-1 in Game 6 of the NL championship series Wednesday to earn NLCS MVP honors.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen will counter with 18-game winner Jon Garland, who is coming off an outstanding performance of his own in his first career playoff start. Garland beat the Los Angeles Angels in Game 3 of the ALCS, throwing a four-hitter and allowing two runs with seven strikeouts and one walk in a 5-2 win Oct. 14.

For the Astros to bounce back, their usually effective bullpen must improve. Lidge gave up just five home runs during the regular season, but the homer to Podsednik followed Albert Pujols' three-run, ninth-inning shot off the closer in Game 5 of the NLCS that extended that series against the Cardinals another game.

"I'm frustrated by it, but I'm not changing a darn thing," Lidge said. "I'm ready to get out there as quickly as possible."

Qualls and Wheeler, dependable setup men for Lidge during the season, set the stage for Konerko's homer with their struggles in the seventh inning Sunday.

Game 4 will be at Houston on Wednesday night.

HOW THEY GOT HERE: Astros - NL wild-card winners; beat Atlanta Braves 3-1, division series; beat St. Louis Cardinals 4-2, championship series. White Sox - AL Central champions; beat Boston Red Sox 3-0, division series; beat Los Angeles Angels 4-1, championship series.

PROJECTED LINEUPS: White Sox - LF Podsednik (.290, 0 HRs, 25 RBIs, 59 SBs), 2B Tadahito Iguchi (.278, 15, 71), RF Dye (.274, 31, 86), 1B Konerko (.283, 40, 100, 98 runs), CF Aaron Rowand (.270, 13, 69), C A.J. Pierzynski (.257, 18, 56), 3B Crede (.252, 22, 62), SS Juan Uribe (.252, 16, 71), Garland (.500, 0, 1). Astros - 2B Craig Biggio (.264, 26, 69, 17 HBP), CF Willy Taveras (.291, 3, 29), LF Lance Berkman (.293, 24, 82, 91 walks), 3B Morgan Ensberg (.283, 36, 101), 1B Mike Lamb (.236, 12, 53), RF Jason Lane (.267, 26, 78), C Brad Ausmus (.258, 3, 47); SS Adam Everett (.248, 11, 54), Oswalt (.178, 0, 2).

WHITE SOX PROBABLE STARTING PITCHER: Garland (18-10, 3.50 ERA). The right-hander will be pitching his first game against the Astros. The only players on the Houston roster he has faced are Lamb, Ausmus and Orlando Palmeiro, who are a combined 2-for-13 with no extra-base hits against him.

ASTROS PROBABLE STARTING PITCHER: Oswalt (20-12, 2.94 ERA). The right-hander will be pitching on six days rest, and is 7-2 with a 3.06 ERA in his career with six or more days between starts. Oswalt has never faced the White Sox. He is 4-0 with a 3.10 ERA in seven postseason games, including six starts.

STREAKS AND NOTES: White Sox - Pierzynski is hitting .625 (5-for-8) against Oswalt. ... Podsednik has faced Oswalt the most of any White Sox player from his days with Milwaukee, getting six hits in 23 at-bats (.261) against him. ... Chicago will lose Carl Everett's 23 HRs and 87 RBIs from the starting lineup with no DH in the NL park. Everett went 3-for-7 in Games 1 and 2. Astros - INF Vizcaino had been 0-for-7 this postseason, including 0-for-3 as a pinch-hitter. ... 1B Jeff Bagwell went 1-for-6 in the first two games and was hit by a pitch twice serving as the DH. He's likely to be used as a pinch-hitter in the games at Minute Maid Park, and is 12-for-32 (.375) with two HRs and 15 RBIs in that role in his career. ... Berkman, who had three RBIs and went 1-for-3 on Sunday, is hitting .333 (14-for-42) with two HRs, 13 RBIs and five doubles in this postseason.

POSTSEASON ROAD/HOME RECORDS: White Sox - 4-0 on the road. Astros - 4-1 at home.

SteelrsRck
10-25-2005, 04:24 PM
and i thought Yankee Fans were the worse.........i dont know about some people......complete idiots

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 04:31 PM
So by your standard there is no such thingas choking? Or do you mean it only doesnt apply to the Astros? Cause when i say a team is choking that means theyre not playing the same as they usually do. The Astros are not playing the same as they did against the Cardinals or Braves. They are making stupid plays that rookies probably wouldnt even make and im thinking its cause they finally got to the WorldSeries. So as far as im conserned theyre choking by playing sub par on the biggest stage. It bein the White Sox year doesnt control how many stupid plays the Astros make either it just seems like they arent handling the pressure (choking). They could change it all tonight but until then theyre choking.......

That fan that slapped Biggios wife is a fucking idiot. I dont see why you would do something like that and you won the damn game too.

Koopa
10-25-2005, 07:58 PM
do you not read what i put? i put the bullpen is choking and biggio on one play but it ain't fair to say they all are choking cause we still getting hits and scoring a lot. berkman is stepping up hell even jose vicieno or whoever you spell the last name stepped up and got a double in game 2. and to me choking is when a team that is supposed to be there (which according to you they ain't cause the umps got them there) and is supposed to be the better team (also which according to you they ain't cause it's the white sox year) doesn't play to par. like you can say the spurs choked in 2004 against the lakers. or last year the yankees choked against the red sox. you can say mcnabb choked the eagles did there best mcnabb choked but the better team won. the astros are just losing to the better team according to you. but you can continue to say the astros are choking but don't come back and say the white sox are better cause if the astros aren't choking they wouldn't have a 2-0 lead.

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Dude......do you know what choking means? I think it means when you get to the big game or in this case series and play sub par. They are not playing like the team that beat the Cardinals or Braves. You can blame individual players (5 of em for christ sakes not 1 2 3 or 4 but 5) but theyre part of the team and theyre choking. I dont know if you get it or not but just swinging a bat and getting a hit is not even half the game.

Koopa
10-25-2005, 08:21 PM
ok biggio fucks up once and you acting like he does it everytime he's out on the field, the person you don't know the name of messes up once and you acting like he's never done it in his life, they are basically doing the same shit they did in the past series, hitting the dirt on long throws to first. the only ones that are messing up a lot is lidge and qualls not the whole damn team. and why you asking me do i know what choking means? when you don't even know cause you are telling me what you THINK it is.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Ahem... 1 - 0 'Stros.

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Well tell me what you know it is then asshole. Dont ever say choke again cause according to you no one can do it. When you play like shit in the biggest games of your life youre choking end of story all there is to say. Theres nothing else you can say it is what it is.

Lets take the Cowboys as an example. Cortez is the reason they lost, but we choked at the end WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE. Sure it was Bledsoe that threw the pick but we choked. You can try and justify shit and point to every other player on the team but thats just not the way it works im sorry. I can list off the Cowboy players that did good on the drive they scored on but the fact of the matter is the team choked....like the Astros so far

1-0 means nothing lol they were up 2-0 last game at least i think

Koopa
10-25-2005, 08:32 PM
well game 1 and 2 ain't the biggest games of their lives ppl have come back from 0-2, the white sox just did their part and keeping home park/field wtf ever they wanna call it, now it's our turn to do the same, and speaking of cortez the fool got picked up by the eagles, looks like the division is between the cowboys and giants, redskins will die off soon

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 08:40 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!!!! Down with the Eagles. That was all part of our plan we knew they needed a kicker and we set them up.

Up to date though those were the two biggest games most of them played in their lives (Not counting everyone who won with the Yankees)

Koopa
10-25-2005, 08:54 PM
well game one might've been their biggest game cause it was their first and they were jiddery if that's even how it's spelled, it don't matter they lost to the better team call it choking or whatever you want it. no point in going on and on and on and on and on and on about if they choked or just lost, cause obviously neither of us are gonna change our minds on it, lets just talk about game three when it's over.

that would be funny if cortez becomes one of the best kickers in the game with the eagles, and kicks the game winning field goal against y'all

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Well if you choke you lose especially if you do what they did in game two but its whatever........... and looks like the Astros got off on a bad call

Actually it wouldnt be funny at all :flipoff:

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Man oh man they cannot keep a lead 4-0 becoming 5-4

Koopa
10-25-2005, 09:19 PM
yup now you can be an asshole and say they are choking, damn redneck bitch oswalt fucking everything up

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 09:28 PM
OH OH OH OH now their choking. I'm not gonna say theyre choking cause they didnt make any dumbass plays but the second they do........ill be here

Koopa
10-25-2005, 09:40 PM
oswalt allowed 5 runs in one inning, that's fucking up. so now makin dumb plays equals choking, i didn't see any dumb plays in game one just a bad bullpen and you said they choked that game

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 09:45 PM
I said theyre choking in the series cause it should be 1-1. They didnt have a chance in game one but the game they did have a chance in they choked so its now 2-0. Im just listening to what you have to say cause accordin to you I gotta single out players. When half the team screws up then ill say it like in game two.

I thought you said you were done with that too.

(and yeah making dumb plays does equal to choking thats what ive been freaking saying. Dumb plays equal a loss the White Sox didnt make any that game and got the W. Game one yall were just outmatched yall didnt really make any dumb plays but you got the loss. Then you play game 2 being down 1-0 in Chicago and fall apart AKA CHOKE)

Koopa
10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
they didn't have a chance in game one? wtf????????????? they were tied 3-3 and wandy gave up the run and then it ended up 5-3, we still had a somewhat of a chance to win that game, but clemens broke himself in the 3rd was it that's why we kinda lost cause wandy wack ass had to go in all early and he messed it up. i said i was done with it and lets go on to game three and here it is and i said he's chokin in game three

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 09:58 PM
So you didnt have a chance..........they were hitting on Clemens too then after he went out it was done

Koopa
10-25-2005, 10:00 PM
they were, clemens could've shut them down the rest of the innings he played, you never know. but anyway if we lose this game chi-town can bring out the broom sticks cause they'll score 28 runs in the first inning with 2 outs cause backe is pitching

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Yes theres always a coulda but that didnt happen. You thought this Oswald or whatever guy was gonna do the same. It just seems impossible to silence the Chicago bats.

Koopa
10-25-2005, 10:14 PM
well if they are so high and mighty why even say we choked and say we just couldn't compete with them? or you just here to be an ass?

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Dude get over it they choked. Now worry about this game lol

Koopa
10-25-2005, 10:28 PM
this game is done

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Then Houston has a problem. It will be beyond hard to win four straight so i guess the series is over.

I think theyll tie it in the 9th though

Koopa
10-25-2005, 10:32 PM
well if we don't win this game, you can put a fork in the series cause backe bops they'll get 28 runs in the first inning

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 10:33 PM
then i will consider that a choke lol

(Now its a game again they did it an inning to soon)

Koopa
10-25-2005, 10:45 PM
i won't i'll count that as the same old backe lol

hmmmmmmmm
10-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Well i think theyd take Backey out after at least 7 runs. So then all the other pitchers would screw up the rest

Koopa
10-26-2005, 12:13 AM
no no no, phil garner will be what the hell it's only the world series lets see if backe can get himself together

hmmmmmmmm
10-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Well it was a good 14 innings but it seems as if its done and the Astros are down 3-0. Man ive never seen a shittier pitcher then this Astacio guy. Well it looks like its gonna be a sweep.......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2005, 01:23 AM
Go Sox !!!!

Ok Im done now... :lol:

Seriously though..everybody kept saying the 'stros had the advantage in pitching..but not so far !! people underestimated, to this point atleast, the Sox talent and determination.

Koopa
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM
no no, BRC, according to hmmmmmmm the stros are choking so the sox didn't deserve any of their wins, lol. well chi-town bring out the broom sticks cause with backe pitching tonight you can stick a fork in it in the second inning

hmmmmmmmm
10-26-2005, 01:48 PM
No no no according to me they choked in game 2 which really sealed the deal for the series. Game 1 and 3 Chicago just showed who the better team was.

Koopa
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
well here is a preview of tonights sweep:

GAME: Chicago White Sox at Houston Astros.

SERIES: World Series; White Sox lead 3-0.
TIME: Wednesday, 8:33 p.m. EDT.

The longest World Series game in history finally came to an end. One of baseball's longest championship droughts may be about to as well.

The Chicago White Sox will try to win their first World Series title since 1917 as they look to complete a four-game sweep of the Houston Astros.

In a pivotal Game 3 Tuesday night at Minute Maid Park, Chicago overcame a 4-0 deficit with five runs in the fifth inning off Astros starter Roy Oswalt.

After Jason Lane hit a tying double for Houston in the eighth off Dustin Hermanson, the teams played scoreless ball before former Astro Geoff Blum batted for the first time in a World Series with two outs in the 14th facing Ezequiel Astacio, Houston's seventh pitcher.

With the park still nearly full, Blum drove a 2-0 pitch just over the right-field wall for a solo homer.

"It means the world right now, even more if we go in and close this out tomorrow. It's the stuff dreams are made of. I've had about 100 of these at-bats in my backyard with my younger brother," said Blum, who played for the Astros from 2002-03 before being traded to Tampa Bay for Brandon Backe - Houston's Game 4 starter.

The White Sox tacked on another run, and Mark Buehrle, who pitched seven innings Sunday night in Game 2, came in to get the final out of a 7-5 win at 1:20 a.m. Central time.

"Down in the bullpen everything was working for me," Buehrle said. "Pretty much in that situation, you got the Adrenalin going and if your arm is hurting or whatever, once you get on the mound. ... I was pretty loose. I can throw 15 or 20 pitches and be ready to go."

At 5 hours, 41 minutes, it was the longest game by time in Series history. It matched the longest by innings - a complete game by Babe Ruth for the Boston Red Sox against the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1916.

"All three of these games - up and down," Chicago catcher A.J. Pierzynski said. "You think you're going to lose, you think you're going to win. It's been incredible. It's been a crazy Series."

No team has ever overcome a 3-0 World Series deficit, and only one major league team has done it in any round of the postseason - Boston in last year's AL championship series against the New York Yankees. The Red Sox went on to sweep St. Louis and win their first title since 1918.

After Lane's tying double, the Astros had 10 baserunners - all without a hit - and left them all stranded. Houston left 15 men on base, including two each in the eighth through 11th innings.

"It's some pretty poor hitting," Astros manager Phil Garner said. "We had our chances, it's amazing we were in the ballgame. We didn't hit the ball good, but we managed to stay in the game. Very frustrated.

"This is embarrassing, the way it's playing out."

Freddy Garcia tries to complete the sweep for Chicago, opposed by Backe. Both of Garcia's starts this postseason have come on the road, and he is 2-0 with a 3.21 ERA in those contests.

Garcia, signed by the Astros as a non-drafted free agent in 1993 and sent to Seattle in the trade-deadline deal that brought Randy Johnson to Houston in 1998, went 10-3 with a 3.40 ERA in 17 regular-season starts away from home.

Backe went 6-2 with a 3.41 ERA in 11 appearances at Minute Maid Park in the regular season compared to a 4-6 mark and 5.83 ERA in 15 games on the road.

"If you go to a different ballpark, I know it's 60 feet, 6 inches from the rubber the plate, but the backgrounds are much different," Backe said Saturday. "Some plates look like they're closer than others. Some mounds are different than others. I really don't know ... there's no excuse."

HOW THEY GOT HERE: White Sox - AL Central champions; beat Boston Red Sox 3-0, division series; beat Los Angeles Angels 4-1, championship series. Astros - NL wild-card winners; beat Atlanta Braves 3-1, division series; beat St. Louis Cardinals 4-2, championship series.

PROJECTED LINEUPS: White Sox - LF Scott Podsednik (.290, 0 HRs, 25 RBIs, 59 SBs), 2B Tadahito Iguchi (.278, 15, 71), RF Jermaine Dye (.274, 31, 86), 1B Paul Konerko (.283, 40, 100, 98 runs), C Pierzynski (.257, 18, 56), CF Aaron Rowand (.270, 13, 69), 3B Joe Crede (.252, 22, 62), SS Juan Uribe (.252, 16, 71), Garcia (.000, 0, 0). Astros - 2B Craig Biggio (.264, 26, 69, 17 HBP), CF Willy Taveras (.291, 3, 29), LF Lance Berkman (.293, 24, 82, 91 walks), 3B Morgan Ensberg (.283, 36, 101), 1B Mike Lamb (.236, 12, 53), RF Lane (.267, 26, 78), C Brad Ausmus (.258, 3, 47); SS Adam Everett (.248, 11, 54), Backe (.222, 0, 6).

WHITE SOX PROBABLE STARTING PITCHER: Garcia (14-8, 3.87 ERA). Including his two postseason wins, the right-hander is 12-3 with a 3.38 ERA in 19 road starts this year.

ASTROS PROBABLE STARTING PITCHER: Backe (10-8, 4.76 ERA). This will be Backe's first career start against the White Sox. He is 0-0 with a 4.15 ERA in three relief appearances against them.

STREAKS AND NOTES: White Sox - Only seven Chicago players have ever faced Backe, and they've combined to go 3-for-12 with a homer and two RBIs against the right-hander. ... The White Sox used a Series-record nine pitchers in Game 3. ... Chicago is trying to match the 1999 New York Yankees as the only teams to go through the postseason with just one loss since the extra round of playoffs was added in 1995. Astros - Lamb is 5-for-17 (.294) against Garcia. ... RHP Roger Clemens, who left Saturday's opener after two innings because of a left hamstring injury, remains "penciled in" to start Game 5 Thursday. ... Ausmus is batting .083 (1-for-12) against Garcia.

POSTSEASON ROAD/HOME RECORDS: White Sox - 5-0 on the road. Astros - 4-2 at home.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/preview?gameId=251026118

hmmmmmmmm
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Well both of the starting pitchers have a pretty high ERA. The Astros could win as long as they dont bring Astacio in anytime soon

Koopa
10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
dude i don't even want the camera to look his way, he looks like one of the evil gremlins on that movie i guess is called gremlins. damn i can't believe he sucks so bad, i don't know why the hell they picked him up during the playoffs they should've left him off the playoff roster, hell they should ban him from ever stepping on the mond

Koopa
10-26-2005, 10:34 PM
well looks like backe is the only pitcher that remembered this is the world series and proved me wrong. but to bad, can't find the light switch lidge had to ruin the night for everyone but chi-town

hmmmmmmmm
10-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Well it was a good series (no it wasnt) but the better team won i guess. Hopefully the World Series will be alot better next year

Koopa
10-26-2005, 10:53 PM
well lidge is worthless and i think h-town should burn down his house. and phil garner should be kicked in the nuts for putting in austico instead of wandy yesterday

congrats chi-town fans

hmmmmmmmm
10-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Honestly who names their kid Wandy? Anyways i blame it on game two when they choked lol. That one win coulda turned the series around or atleast it wouldnt have been a sweep and the fans wouldnt have to witness there team lose the WS on their field

Koopa
10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
well if we would've only won that one game they still would've had to see them lose on their home field cause game 5 would've been in h-town too. well wandy last name is rodriguez so you get my point lol. blame it on what you will the better team won and my hats off to the white sox, but i hope the fans rot in hell for being ass and not just this series when the dude slapped biggios wife but that one time when they jumped the ump was it? they just got horrible fans there and they don't deserve to have a team win the world series or any championship at all.

hmmmmmmmm
10-27-2005, 12:58 AM
lol well then i guess ALL Steeler fans are assholes for messin with Maddox even though they retracted the statements why would he just up and lie. Well I guess all fans of every team are assholes since this has happened to about every team way more then once. No one deserves to be anywhere aint that a bitch (and we deserve to rot in hell DAMN that sucks). The Better team did win but yall choked in game 2 anyways see you in hell.....

Iron City Hangover
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
hmmmmm, did you celebrate with Ozzie last night?

http://tinypic.com/f1jjg4.jpg

Koopa
10-27-2005, 03:32 PM
LMFAO @ that pic. and gw it was maddox agent that was saying all this shit, and maddox wife said none of it happened, his agent is just trying to get maddox out of pittsburg cause for some reason they think he has talent and can start for another team

Steel - X
10-27-2005, 03:35 PM
http://tinypic.com/f1jjg4.jpg

WTF!

hmmmmmmmm
10-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Thats some sick shit and again.....im not even a White Sox fan. Well either way wether it was true or false im sure Steeler fans did some shit before that wasnt good. Since every teams fans (not all but some) have done sumthin that wasnt right or good. One fan slapped his wife and wasnt it only two people who beat up the ump. So youre sayin because of three people every fan of the team should burn in hell lol. Anyways sounds like you were bein a sore loser....

Koopa
10-27-2005, 04:05 PM
well i guess you failed to read my post in full. i said my hats off to the white sox, but i guess you forgot to read that part

sign yo ass on msn juice wants to talk to you

hmmmmmmmm
10-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I didnt need to read that part cause you werent talking about the fans when you said "good job Sox" or whatever you were releasing your frustration on the fans lol