PDA

View Full Version : Ben Ranked 5th; Charlie 46th

Counselor
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
ESPN ranked all 64 starter and first back-up QBs in the league. Ben Ranked 5th behind Brady, PManning, Farve and Romo---my only quibble is ranking Romo ahead, but he has had a great year. I think Charlie should have been higher though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=3147842

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
i heard them talking about this on mike and mike this morning. and salisbury said if he were starting a team he would take romo... it was nice to see ben ranked above carson palmer though:wink02:

duma
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
ESPN ranked all 64 starter and first back-up QBs in the league. Ben Ranked 5th behind Brady, PManning, Farve and Romo---my only quibble is ranking Romo ahead, but he has had a great year. I think Charlie should have been higher though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=3147842

Until Romo wins a playoff game, he can't be ranked above Ben. He is a good QB, and should be able to win a playoff game or two this year, but that is reading the tea leaves. IMO, Ben should have been ranked 4.

The Duke
12-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Until Romo wins a playoff game, he can't be ranked above Ben. He is a good QB, and should be able to win a playoff game or two this year, but that is reading the tea leaves. IMO, Ben should have been ranked 4.

definitely. right now is like a 4th tie for Romo and Ben

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 03:04 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/crybaby2.jpg

steelpride12
12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Ben ranked fifth i can't complain he has had a terrific year getting us back to the playoffs!(hopefully)

jjpro11
12-13-2007, 03:47 PM
what do you think ben would do if he had owens to throw to?

as for batch.. thats a joke. how can you rank brady quinn, jamarcus russell and other unproven players and washed up players ahead of batch? just stupid.

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 04:04 PM

as for batch.. thats a joke. how can you rank brady quinn, jamarcus russell and other unproven players and washed up players ahead of batch? just stupid.

that is easy..... its all in the name and what they did at college..lol :sofunny:

HometownGal
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Romo has a higher ranking because, as mentioned above, Ben doesn't have a TO to throw to and help pad his stats. Romo is a really good QB but there are times TO makes him look even better than he is with some of his daredevil catches (as much as it pains me to give any compliment to TO). :ouch:

Can't say I disagree with Batch's ranking. He is a viable backup for a game or two to basically game-manage (I hate that term!) and he does not have a terribly strong arm. He is a smart QB, though, and as the article states, knows his limitations. I love Charlie because he is a total teamer and is comfortable with his role. :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Romo has a higher ranking because, as mentioned above, Ben doesn't have a TO to throw to and help pad his stats. Romo is a really good QB but there are times TO makes him look even better than he is with some of his daredevil catches (as much as it pains me to give any compliment to TO). :ouch:

Can't say I disagree with Batch's ranking. He is a viable backup for a game or two to basically game-manage (I hate that term!) and he does not have a terribly strong arm. He is a smart QB, though, and as the article states, knows his limitations. I love Charlie because he is a total teamer and is comfortable with his role. :thumbsup:

i would take batch to be my backup qb anyday. i think he is very good at backing up ben and it seems that they have a good chemistry. at least we dont have brady quinn :flap:

susielr
12-13-2007, 04:28 PM

i really hate all the Romo talk...I mean, yea, he has had a good year but really hasn't proved anything when it matters. Let him take his team to the SuperBowl or win it or be a starting qb for more than what, 1 year, (I don't think he started the year last year). Just because the Cowboys dished out 6 mill for him doesn't mean he is great...at least not yet.

Rhee Rhee
12-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Ben is perfect where he is at #5 but charlie at 46 that's a joke... he's probably better than jon kitna... besides he lit up a decent dolphins D LAST year for 3TDs... impressive numbers

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
There is an ESPN follow-up column today on best young QBs.

Ben is ranked with Romo and Palmer as a "buy."

Since Carson cannot outrank Ben this year, Ben is outranked here by "strong buy" Jay Cutler.:dang:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3142771&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

tony hipchest
12-13-2007, 10:06 PM
There is an ESPN follow-up column today on best young QBs.

Ben is ranked with Romo and Palmer as a "buy."

Since Carson cannot outrank Ben this year, Ben is outranked here by "strong buy" Jay Cutler.:dang:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3142771&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2holy shit! poor carson (nice to see they still got a few tongue swirls in on carsons balls, though)-

Palmer, 27, has bounced back from a career-threatening knee injury, but whatever mobility he possessed is mostly a memory. he never had any mobility :hunch:

no mention of ben bouncing back from a life threatening injury??? nope. just this-

"If you can keep him in the pocket, he struggles with coverage," the defensive coordinator said. "I'm not convinced that he might not always struggle that way.

"We played him early in his career and I wasn't impressed at all," the secondary coach said. "I just thought he had a good supporting cast.

Uncommon size and strength allow Roethlisberger to stand tall in the pocket, but sometimes he holds the ball too long, leading to unnecessary sacks. Opponents have sacked Roethlisberger more than 80 times in the last two seasons.:dang:

this after praising romo for only getting sachked 19 times this season.

i guess brady holds on to the ball too long also, as he sets up camp, lights a fire, roasts some marshmallows, pats the ball 5,6,7, times and then throws it to any of the 4 wide open receivers. :dang:

SteelCityMan786
12-13-2007, 10:42 PM
i heard them talking about this on mike and mike this morning. and salisbury said if he were starting a team he would take romo... it was nice to see ben ranked above carson palmer though:wink02:

Palmer isn't worth of Top 50 status. :sofunny:

Galax Steeler
12-14-2007, 05:11 AM
It's great to see ben get some respect from the media.

noto45
12-14-2007, 06:19 PM
romo 4 and hasnt done anything in the playoffs??? Ben is a Super bowl Champ!

TackleMeBen
12-14-2007, 07:26 PM

romo has done something in the playoffs :thumbsup:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/crybaby2.jpg

GBMelBlount
12-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Whether Ben is 4,5 or 6 is fine with me. And if it comes down to it, even at # 46 (LOL) I couldn't be happier to have Charlie Batch as our back up.

susielr
12-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Whether Ben is 4,5 or 6 is fine with me. And if it comes down to it, even at # 46 (LOL) I couldn't be happier to have Charlie Batch as our back up.

Hey, a TJ fan. I graduated from there and I am cheering them on tomorrow. GO TJ !!!!!

GBMelBlount
12-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey, a TJ fan. I graduated from there and I am cheering them on tomorrow. GO TJ !!!!!

Thanks Susie! :cheer: Actually I lost a bet to Mosca who played for TJ. :dang: Being from Washington, PA, I bet him Trinity would beat TJ earlier this year......Thus the sig. Anyway, good luck in state semi's ! :thumbsup:

Steeldude
12-15-2007, 01:17 AM

the ratings are for this year. playoff games have no bearing on it.

one could also say dilfer is better than marino. after all, dilfer won a SB and marino didn't. but we all know that is a bunch of :poop:

i think the ratings are fair.

Boomerang
12-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Ben deserves the reps from the media he has matured lots this year and is a great asset for the Steelers.:tt02:

susielr
12-15-2007, 09:58 AM

That's what I have been saying..romo needs to prove more.

susielr
12-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks Susie! :cheer: Actually I lost a bet to Mosca who played for TJ. :dang: Being from Washington, PA, I bet him Trinity would beat TJ earlier this year......Thus the sig. Anyway, good luck in state semi's ! :thumbsup:

TJ dominated yesterday. Way to go!!! I don't live in that area anymore but my parents still live there. Actually before I just came on this forum I was looking on TJ's website for a State Champion t-shirt but I didn't see any yet..a little too soon I guess:sofunny:

Steeldude
12-15-2007, 10:53 AM

not much, considering owens isn't that great. he drops far too many passes. the guy is overrated.

iupdauber
12-15-2007, 11:58 AM
not much, considering owens isn't that great. he drops far too many passes. the guy is overrated.

But he does cause the D to stretch out to cover him. Even tho he does drop passes. But nonetheless, I wouldnt want someone on my team that puts down his own teammates when they dont get him the ball. Hines and Holmes anyday

susielr
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
But he does cause the D to stretch out to cover him. Even tho he does drop passes. But nonetheless, I wouldnt want someone on my team that puts down his own teammates when they dont get him the ball. Hines and Holmes anyday

I would take Hines and Holmes any day too..I can't stand receivers who are too stuck up for their own good which includes TO, Moss, C. Johnson, and Whose your Momma.