PDA

View Full Version : Rich Rodriguez

FAB802
12-14-2007, 08:16 PM
As a lifelong WVU fan I would fire him if I were the University. He and his agent spoke to Michigan about their vacancy. That's two years in a row he's considered leaving. I don't care what his record is that can't be good for recruiting. If he's not happy coaching his home school team he needs to go. Nobody is leaving and he has a legit shot at the national championship next season, if of course he doesn't choke like he did a couple weeks back. After that debacle against Pitt he would fit right in at UM.

Steeler in Carolina
12-14-2007, 08:35 PM
He is just trying to get more money out of WV.

revefsreleets
12-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Pat White and Steve Slaton are the whole kit and caboodle as far as that offense goes, and they will both be gone. This was WVU's best shot and they blew it.

That being said, Rodriguez is more to blame then the players. How do you lose to Pitt?

FAB802
12-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Pat White and Steve Slaton are the whole kit and caboodle as far as that offense goes, and they will both be gone. This was WVU's best shot and they blew it.

That being said, Rodriguez is more to blame then the players. How do you lose to Pitt?

They're both Juniors, have been injury prone and neither one of them is a first round pick. They will be back. Noel Devine is a stud and will be back too. This makes two years in a row he's pulled this crap. This time he didn't even ask for permission to go talk to them.

He did blow that game against Pitt by trying to use Devine and Slaton in the backfield together when they hardly did it all year. By the way, he has the best fullback in college football. He was working on shit for the BCSCG and it bit him in the ass. UM can have him if he's so unhappy at WVU. The man got out coached by the stache. Talk about an embarrassment. He blew a chance to possibly play for the national championship two years in a row with the talent he has coming back.

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
there is nothing wrong with exploring your options. not that i would want him at U of M. but why get so mad about him talking to another school... everyone knows the benjamis do all the talking and where there are the most benjamins they will follow.. and besides U of M doesnt pay that great. if you come to coach at U of M you are coming b/c of tradition not the benjamins..lol:smile:

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
there is nothing wrong with exploring your options. not that i would want him at U of M. but why get so mad about him talking to another school... everyone knows the benjamis do all the talking and where there are the most benjamins they will follow.. and besides U of M doesnt pay that great. if you come to coach at U of M you are coming b/c of tradition not the benjamins..lol:smile:

As you would be at Penn State.

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Steelman,

i keep trying to forget about penn st.. you dont make it easy you know:wink02:

FAB802
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
TMB, he was trying to hold the University hostage for more money last year with Alabama. They caved and gave him more money. He snuck behind their back a year later and pulled the same shit. I would not take him back for free if I were the AD. If coaching at his alma mater where he has a top ten program with a shot at a national title next year isn't good enough screw him.

If you think it's alright to act the way he has the last two years Michigan can have him. It is wrong to sneak around without notifying the school. Integrity has to mean something, and he lacks it. I wouldn't let my son play for him if he can't make up his mind where he wants to be year in and year out. It will hurt the team recruiting wise no doubt about it.

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 05:57 PM
unfortunely that was his choice whether to notify the university or not. i am sure michigan asked for permission for having a 6 hr meeting with him .

Steeler in Carolina
12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks he is so great. Did you see the deer in headlights look he had the whole Pitt game. He was so tight in the biggest game of the year and his players were right there along with him. He runs a gimmick offense.

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 06:06 PM
then he definately wont fit at michigan.. you cant have that kind of look when playing those guys down south..(i cant say the letters.)

FAB802
12-15-2007, 06:16 PM
It may have been his choice, but UM didn't ask either. I saw an interview with the AD, he had no idea. If you don't think there's anything wrong with him sneaking around and interviewing I guess we have two different views on integrity. He is screwing himself when it comes to recruiting doing this crap two years in a row. I don't see how Michigan is an upgrade as a job anyways. What makes them any better than where he's at? How many national titles have they won in the last thirty years? I know they have, but they are by no means mentioned as a top five team every year. If he doesn't crap his pants against Pitt he's playing OSU for the national championship this year. I live in Michigan, they aren't all that.

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Steelman,

i keep trying to forget about penn st.. you dont make it easy you know:wink02:

I make absolutely nothing easy. You know that as well as I do. :sofunny:

revefsreleets
12-15-2007, 06:50 PM
It was in the paper today that he flew into Toledo to talk with the UM AD, so this is definitely confirmed. I still think Miles is headed North.

As for Slaton, I doubt he returns. That NFL cash will beckon, but you're right about White. He'll be back. He can't play QB in the NFL, so there's no reason for him to leave.

LOL @ the Michigan fan talking about how OSU "aren't all that".

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I make absolutely nothing easy. You know that as well as I do. :sofunny:

yes i know that... guess that is why i love you so much :wink02:. now i just need to convert you into a michigan fan:hug:

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
It was in the paper today that he flew into Toledo to talk with the UM AD, so this is definitely confirmed. I still think Miles is headed North.

As for Slaton, I doubt he returns. That NFL cash will beckon, but you're right about White. He'll be back. He can't play QB in the NFL, so there's no reason for him to leave.

LOL @ the Michigan fan talking about how OSU "aren't all that".

revs, i dont think they are saying that team down south isnt all that. i think they are saying michigan isnt all that for rich to leave UWVa. as a michigan fan i know that team down south is something..they have kicked our butt the past several years. you know for that other teams fan you arent bad :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
yes i know that... guess that is why i love you so much :wink02:. now i just need to convert you into a michigan fan:hug:

Sorry, like with you guys at Michigan, once your a Penn State fan, you're one for life.

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Sorry, like with you guys at Michigan, once your a Penn State fan, you're one for life.

well i guess i can over look that since you are a steelers fan:tt02:...

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
well i guess i can over look that since you are a steelers fan:tt02:...

Not to mention a DUKE BASKETBALL fan. :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
12-15-2007, 10:46 PM

oh now you are very high on the buddy list..... being a duke basketball fan i will overlook you being a penn st fan then:hug:

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2007, 10:59 PM
oh now you are very high on the buddy list..... being a duke basketball fan i will overlook you being a penn st fan then:hug:

I think I'll follow suit with Michigan. :cheers:

TackleMeBen
12-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I think I'll follow suit with Michigan. :cheers:

2 out of 3 isnt bad for either of us.. we both love the steelers and duke basketball... so we can overlook who we like in college football..:wink02: (at least until we play each other.. then its go blue!!)

Steeler in Carolina
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Just announced, Michigan has a press conference scheduled for Monday to announce his hiring.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow. I didn't expect him to leave West Virginia. I bet he'll want to return to WVU though after Coach Tressel puts a couple of more beatings on the team up north.:wink02:

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Who says Tressel won't go?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Who says Tressel won't go?

I don't see him leaving. Since coming to OSU no teams have had the success of the Buckeyes and I can't see him duplicating it at another school. I also don't see him going to the pro level where IMO he would be a bust.

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't see him leaving. Since coming to OSU no teams have had the success of the Buckeyes and I can't see him duplicating it at another school. I also don't see him going to the pro level where IMO he would be a bust.

I don't see him going their either. But I'm just making sure you keep in mind.

Anyone think Les won't go to WVU now?

Steeler in Carolina
12-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I sure thought Miles would go to Michigan after the BCS game. I guess I was wrong again.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I don't see him going their either. But I'm just making sure you keep in mind.

Anyone think Les won't go to WVU now?

I dont see Miles going to WVU.

TackleMeBen
12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
well i hope he can play better against that team down south than what his team played against pitt this year. i watched that game and it was bad... i think mich is tired of being that team down south's bitch and if he cant beat them he wont be around ann arbor long.

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
well i hope he can play better against that team down south than what his team played against pitt this year. i watched that game and it was bad... i think mich is tired of being that team down south's bitch and if he cant beat them he wont be around ann arbor long.

Rich won't have to change colors though. Maybe now we can find a way to make R. Rod our Bitch at the team from the Southeast.

Steeler in Carolina
12-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Rich will be gone from Michigan in 3 years. His gimmick offense will not work in Michigan.

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Rich will be gone from Michigan in 3 years. His gimmick offense will not work in Michigan.

Hope that it doesn't work against Penn State most especially.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-17-2007, 03:03 AM
then he definately wont fit at michigan.. you cant have that kind of look when playing those guys down south..(i cant say the letters.)

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!

I really prefer the "BO throwing his headset DOWN in disgust" look after another off tackle run the Wolverines couldn't stop in his last Rose Bowl appearence.

Or the "British commanders in the Civil War" look that Carr posed after two a** whoopings to a supposed over-rated Pac-10 team.

Now you guys are completing the trifecta. Michigan is going to the run-and-shoot???????

:party:

TackleMeBen
12-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Rich won't have to change colors though. Maybe now we can find a way to make R. Rod our Bitch at the team from the Southeast.

Steelman it doesnt matter who is coaching Mich, penn st will always be our bitch!!!! but i still love ya!:hug:

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2007, 12:27 AM
duke ??? :yuck:....WVU :puke:........i don't know which i loathe more....:scratchchin:

way ta screw em ritchie !!!! :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
12-18-2007, 05:23 PM
duke ??? :yuck:....WVU :puke:........i don't know which i loathe more....:scratchchin:

way ta screw em ritchie !!!! :toofunny:

You know you hate my Duke Blue Devils more.

I'm one of those multi team fans. But I support them like a true fan.(GW-Family, Duke-Tradition established by my brother, Penn State-I was born one)

SteelCityMan786
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Steelman it doesnt matter who is coaching Mich, penn st will always be our bitch!!!! but i still love ya!:hug:

All Streaks are made to be broken though. Remember that. The Football team I hate the most on the high school level(Altoona) beat my high school team(whom I play for now which would be Hollidaysburg) for 6 straight games and one night in THEIR HOUSE we beat them 37-10! The next year we beat them 24-19 before we lost to them in the final match up. Just tellin ya, enjoy it now, it will end eventually.

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
You know you hate my Duke Blue Devils more.

I'm one of those multi team fans. But I support them like a true fan.(GW-Family, Duke-Tradition established by my brother, Penn State-I was born one)it's close !!! but i may have to give WVU the nod , based on the fact that the only thing between me, and hoards of WV dirtbags is the potomac river. once BB season gets in full swing ,i do focus my animosity towards Duke and N carolina. i must say, my terps may be lacking this year with no real leaders, but look out next year !!!

X-Terminator
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
**** Rich Fraudriguez, the shady son of a bitch choker...

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2007, 03:11 PM
**** Rich Fraudriguez, the shady son of a bitch choker...

That's what a lot of the boosters appear to be saying.

revefsreleets
12-22-2007, 08:01 PM
As soon as RR loses to Indiana and OSU in the same season, he'll be gone, and Les Miles will move in.

That's a "when" not an "if".

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 03:40 AM
wuts he going to have at michigan that he didnt have at WVU? mike hart's gone all ik is that he's got a guy named ryan mallet who's like a 6'8 QB... WVU had serious weapons and noel devine is gonna be a star!

revefsreleets
12-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Michigan is a top 10 marquee program. They have one of the richest football traditions in the country. The program is loaded with cash, and it's one of only a handful that can actually make the rest of the athletic department profitable. They have one of the largest stadiums in the country, and it sells out every game. They have been, are, and will continue to be a major NFL pipeline.

WVU has a nice little program, but it's small potato's compared to UM.