PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson's list.. What a crock !!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Tribune-Review...

Johnson's checklist -- "Who can cover 85 in 2005?" -- features the names of each cornerback he expects to face this season. After each game, he places a check in the "no" box, meaning they couldn't cover 85.

"Everybody has been a 'no' to this point," said Johnson, the AFC receiving leader with 39 receptions for 561 yards with five touchdowns.

The only secondary with an argument for a "yes" is Jacksonville, which held Johnson to a season-low 52 yards in the Bengals' only loss. Johnson, however, scored a touchdown against the Jags.

He was quick to correct himself yesterday after saying Jaguars corner Rashean Mathis (who beat the Steelers with an interception for a touchdown in overtime last Sunday) earned a "yes" in the wake of that 23-20 loss.

"What?" he said, when asked to confirm that Mathis had stopped him. "No

Gimme a freeking break !! Just because u score a TD means that you get to put a N on your list..

Never mind if that TD doesnt win the game, nevermind if you have very few catches, drop passes, get shut down, get your bell rung by a vicious tackle..

but that's ok, because you scored a TD !! :rolleyes: :chair:

Ambridge
10-20-2005, 07:58 AM
I wonder if there was a box on his stupid checklist for:

Cry like a little bitch after the game because I didn't get more balls thrown my way and moan on about how they lost the game??

danman0011
10-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I wonder if there was a box on his stupid checklist for:

Cry like a little bitch after the game because I didn't get more balls thrown my way and moan on about how they lost the game??

That one hurt..

Ambridge
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
That one hurt..

Thank You!! :grin: :cheers:

Livinginthe past
10-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Ughhh what a clown...I dread the day the patriots ever get lumbered with someone who has such a lack of understanding of Team Ethic.

This is like T.O. all over again - jumping and bouncing around, telling everyone how he is 'back' - just after the Eagles finish getting beat in the Superbowl...what an ego.....

NM

RoethlisBURGHer
10-20-2005, 01:18 PM
He's gonna have to put a "yes" in that box this week because our defense isn't gonna let him do shit.

bigbengalbubba
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Ughhh what a clown...I dread the day the patriots ever get lumbered with someone who has such a lack of understanding of Team Ethic.

This is like T.O. all over again - jumping and bouncing around, telling everyone how he is 'back' - just after the Eagles finish getting beat in the Superbowl...what an ego.....

NM

2 words for you Corey Dillon

NotDarkYet
10-20-2005, 04:24 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2005-10-19-johnson-feature_x.htm

Believe that he is another TO all you want, this guy is all about the team winning.

BB2W
10-20-2005, 07:21 PM
I heard Erik Kuselias on ESPN radio say that Chad took the list down... maybe not. :hunch:

Koopa
10-20-2005, 08:49 PM
i like chad and all he's a great wr top 4 imo, but he did get his ass shut down in that game, may have scored a td but he was a none factor cause mathis shut his ass down

BB2W
10-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Deshea Townsend was being interveiwed on ESPN radio and he said that Ike Taylor will be covering Chad exclusively all day.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I heard Erik Kuselias on ESPN radio say that Chad took the list down... maybe not. :hunch:

Read also that he was pretty upset that Deshea may not be able to play this week... :rolleyes:

NotDarkYet
10-21-2005, 07:19 AM
i like chad and all he's a great wr top 4 imo, but he did get his ass shut down in that game, may have scored a td but he was a none factor cause mathis shut his ass down

He was doubled most of the game. :shrug:

Marvin_for_prez
10-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Deshea Townsend- X--No
Ike Taylor-X--No
Anyone else on your roster-X--No

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-23-2005, 06:55 AM
Deshea Townsend- X--No
Ike Taylor-X--No
Anyone else on your roster-X--No
Palmer having time to complete a pass-X--No

Ambridge
10-23-2005, 08:12 PM
I hope Chad revises his chart and adds Bryant McFadden on there.

X---Yes!

Suitanim
10-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Chad Johnson was bitch slapped by a couple 1st and second year players.

He'll soon blame someone else and cry about it...

It'd be perfect if he'd do the whole "Chad Johnson can't be covered" first person bullshit, since he's the biggest bitch in the NFL...

CantStop85
10-23-2005, 09:57 PM
It'd be perfect if he'd do the whole "Chad Johnson can't be covered" first person bullshit, since he's the biggest bitch in the NFL...
uuummm...if he referred to himself as "Chad Johnson" it would be third person, not first person, sweetheart. :grin:

BB2W
10-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Chad Johnson quote...

"Well, Ike really isn't on the list," Johnson said. "But, on a serious note, he's very good. He's a good player. He's good, fast, quick. I did everything I could to make the plays I did."

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2005, 01:31 AM
so that was like, kind of a compliment for Ike, right?

Suitanim
10-24-2005, 09:49 AM
uuummm...if he referred to himself as "Chad Johnson" it would be third person, not first person, sweetheart. :grin:

I had just finished my 400th beer when I typed this, but your grammar smack is duly noted...

You Bungals fans need any victory you can grasp at this morning.

Ike Taylor http://www.soniccash.com/images/checkbox.gif
Bryant McFadden http://www.soniccash.com/images/checkbox.gif

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah boy.... great sig suit !! :rofl:

Suitanim
10-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Chad Johnson? Who dat?

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Running your mouth doesn't make you a good receiver, but makes you good fodder.