PDA

View Full Version : Look For Smith To Bounce Back

ohiosteelerfan20
12-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Well, it's game day. And it has been a tough week for me. The Pats lost was tough enough, but to see Anthony Smith get abused like that after talking all that smack, was crushing. But guess what, I am still gonna wear my #27 jersey today:jammin:. He is not a third string safety, as some have posted here. I still think he is a big time player waiting to happen. So look for Smith to bounce back today. And look for him to still be talking all that smack.:tt03:

SteelersMongol
12-16-2007, 08:20 AM
:tt02: Same here. :cheers: F*ck the Pats. It's time 2 kick some Jags butt.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Well, it's game day. And it has been a tough week for me. The Pats lost was tough enough, but to see Anthony Smith get abused like that after talking all that smack, was crushing. But guess what, I am still gonna wear my #27 jersey today:jammin:. He is not a third string safety, as some have posted here. :

Props for sticking by your favorite (you are correct - Smith is not a third string safety - he is a second string safety) through thick and thin.

Anyone can support a player or team when it is going well = a true fan is there when it is not going well:thumbsup:

Steeldude
12-16-2007, 08:37 AM
i believe he will do better this week. it should still be fresh in his mind.

iupdauber
12-16-2007, 10:28 AM
I hope he does a little smacking, followed by some talking this week. haha Like to see the big D shut them DOWN!

steelpride12
12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I agree and think he will have a good rest of the season.
The kid humiliated himself in front of the whole nations as he got burnt play after play and was totally wrong with the guarentee.
This kid has alot to prove and make up for as he tries to keep that starting job at FS as Ryan Clark has room to talk bein on the sideline because of injury or he would be on the field for us today!

OneForTheToe
12-16-2007, 02:47 PM
He did look qiuck running along side Taylor for about 20 yards. :dang:

Rotorhead
12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
So much for bouncing back . . . burned for another TD.

Sharkissle29
12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
So much for bouncing back . . . burned for another TD.

ive been an anthony smith fan from day one. i love his intensity and hitting ability, but thats all show and im starting to doubt him. i just dont think hes smart enough to be an elite safety, he over commits too much and obviously isnt learning anything. but hes still young, hopefully he will learn.

jjpro11
12-16-2007, 05:49 PM
he has his head in the backfield way too much. the coaches need to get his head straight.

ohiosteelerfan20
12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Well he did bounce back with an int. And yes he got burned again deep. But I am hoping that some day he will figure out that when he is on Ike 'Toast' side, he better get deep because the reciever is going to have a clean path right on by him.

Sharkissle29
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Well he did bounce back with an int. And yes he got burned again deep. But I am hoping that some day he will figure out that when he is on Ike 'Toast' side, he better get deep because the reciever is going to have a clean path right on by him.

i have to disagree with you there. ike has had a fine year, and the only reason you see him "toast" is when he expects help over the top only to find out hes 10 yards in the backfield

Jman
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Its funny. I look at AS and I'm reminded of JP - Joey Porter. Hot head, good hitter, loves contact, etc. Now Joey Porter is on a totally different plane than AS on a playing level, however, I do believe if, and yes, I emphesize if, the Steelers keep him-these "antics" will follow.

Rest assured, it is not my desire these things continue. I wish he was more like James Harrison-quiet but brutal.

ohiosteelerfan20
12-16-2007, 07:41 PM
i have to disagree with you there. ike has had a fine year, and the only reason you see him "toast" is when he expects help over the top only to find out hes 10 yards in the backfield

Yes but on the td today and last week, Ike didnt jam the reciever, hell he didnt even make him at least go around him. Then he started running behind him as the reciever pulled away. Ike has had a good year and I like him, but I just dont understand that coverage.

sherlock
12-17-2007, 11:37 AM
It`s a shame Smithy didn`t get the TD after his interception..that would have been a great reply to his critics.I know he got caught short for one of the Jags TD`s but I kinda like his "youthful" attitude.
Does anyone know the extent of Washingtons knee injury,it was a fantastic effort by him for the TD.

Rotorhead
12-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I am losing faith in smith unfortunately, he didnt so much "get" that int as it looked like a perfect pass to him lol. But as long as he improves his coverage game I will not totally discount him. He is young and it was maybe a bit too early for him to be back there. Unfortunately injuries forced him in the game.

Stlr4ever
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, it's game day. And it has been a tough week for me. The Pats lost was tough enough, but to see Anthony Smith get abused like that after talking all that smack, was crushing. But guess what, I am still gonna wear my #27 jersey today:jammin:. He is not a third string safety, as some have posted here. I still think he is a big time player waiting to happen. So look for Smith to bounce back today. And look for him to still be talking all that smack.:tt03:

Smith's blabbering not withstanding, I thought he was going to turn out to be an asset to our team. He was a big liability in the Pats game. If he was disciplined and not fooled easily by Brady, he might have been able to break up those back-breaking long passes to Moss. May be he is not talented or smart enough to play in the NFL. Whether you like Harrison (Pats safety) or not, we can't deny the fact that he is very smart safety. Somehow, he always ends up close to the ball.

Steeldude
12-17-2007, 11:55 PM
smith is a mouth. the NFL and NCAA are full of them. if he can't improve his defensive skills he is useless. if clark is unable to play in the NFL again then the steelers must find a new starter. they can move smith to special teams.

or the steelers could always move polamalu to FS and smith to SS next season.

OneForTheToe
12-18-2007, 01:56 AM
smith is a mouth. the NFL and NCAA are full of them. if he can't improve his defensive skills he is useless. if clark is unable to play in the NFL again then the steelers must find a new starter. they can move smith to special teams.

or the steelers could always move polamalu to FS and smith to SS next season.

If Clark can not come back, I was thinking about Deshea at saftey. I thionk Deshea is very smart when it comes to his play. He would be a good partner next to Troy.

Preacher
12-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Seriously people.

Two bad games. Actually, one and a half bad games, and we forget about the breakups he had against our AFCN rivals? We forget about the games he had last year?

PATIENCE PEOPLE.

according to the way some posters sound, we should get rid of any player that doesn't perform the previous week... two weeks if we really like him.

Steeldude
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
actually smith hasn't done much more than dish out a few big hits and dance around. sound defense and consistency are the keys and he has yet to show them.

but this is basically his rookie season.

memphissteelergirl
12-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Anthony Smith is a very talented player....he just has to learn to be a smart player.

PINDEL1
12-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Anthony Smith at moments looks absolutely great I will admit. Then at times he looks like well ... you no the rest like somebody that needs to be sitting on the bench).
Until I see otherwise ...He is just another one of these "Look at me" type of players. Just How many unsportsman like conduct or tainting penalties has Troy Polamalu had in his career???? Probably zero!!!! Again does that tell you something about A.Smith??

This is year 2 for him ...... you have a injured Ryan Clark in the secondary and he still is not a starter. Does that tell you anything?????

I will be patient and wait for this guy to be a starter first and then be a Pro-Bowl Player 2nd before I would wear one of his shirts or think very much about him. Right now I am much more impressed with William Gay. To me he is making a higher ratio of positive / negative plays for his game minutes.

I loved it when Joey Porter and Hines Ward talk some smack. ProBowler smack is more threatening than coming from some bench warmer. Talking smack is for Pro Bowlers only all others need to shut up.

To me Anthony Smith needs to shut up and play football and concentrate on winning a starting position. His talk means nothing and embarresses himself and our team in the eyses of other teams.

Steeldude
12-18-2007, 11:28 AM
If Clark can not come back, I was thinking about Deshea at saftey. I thionk Deshea is very smart when it comes to his play. He would be a good partner next to Troy.

that's a possibilty, but it leaves a huge hole at CB. i don't think mcfadden is much more than a poor man's version of chad scott.

br7
12-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Hes a young guy learning, but I dont know if he will be a steeler next season.