PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Jaguars Gameday Thread - 12/16/07

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Are you a Steelers Fan?
Doesnt sound like it to me..
Ben couldnt get anyone to block for him
and then Hines and Co. kept droppping passes.
++

Yeah I'm a steelers fan but I am also a realist and I know when they are not playing good football....exactly like what you described above.

I don't know what the problem is...this team is not playing good football lately. How can you argue that?

Jman
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Congrats Fins.

:iagree:

Eh well for us.

Elvis
12-16-2007, 03:22 PM
MIAMI WINS!!!
MIAMI WINS!!!!
THEY HAVE JUST WON THE
SUPER BOWL!!!
oh...sorry ... got excited there
:wink02:
:tt02:
And it couldnt have happened against
a better deserving team
:sofunny::toofunny:

Atlanta Dan
That about sums it up

Hopefully they can rebound for thursday!!!

Total unraveling - D has fallen apart - i hate to say it but after that second half performance by the D IMO this season is cooked

RunWillieRun
Congrats to the fins!

Sucks to be baltimore...hahaha

Dynasty
12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Damn elvis, you're very annoying. Just because people are pissed off that the Steelers did not play well is no reason to say they aren't steelers fans.. We're all pissed. Just because you cant see that the steelers only played well for part of the game doesnt mean youre the only real fan here.

msafford
MIAMI WINS!!!
MIAMI WINS!!!!
THEY HAVE JUST WON THE
SUPER BOWL!!!
oh...sorry ... got excited there
:wink02:
:tt02:
And it couldnt have happened against
a better deserving team
:sofunny::toofunny:

The question now is...what's Baltimore going to use as an excuse this time?

Atlanta Dan
We can't simply say "Cut him! Cut him!" "Fire him!" because someone had a bad game. Bruce Arians has disgusted me all year but I understand he has done a decent job and has made a positive contribution to the team in most cases. We are in the playoffs, that is all that matters. Jacksonville played great today, they could have beat a lot of teams. As far as the Stillirs go - 2005.

Walk me through how we are in the playoffs?

Big D
Congrats to the fins!

Sucks to be baltimore...hahaha

I can't wait to see what big knife ray lewis has to say about this..

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Damn elvis, you're very annoying. Just because people are pissed off that the Steelers did not play well is no reason to say they aren't steelers fans.. We're all pissed. Just because you cant see that the steelers only played well for part of the game doesnt mean youre the only real fan here.

Careful there, Dynasty! You may be accused of not being a real fan!

:sofunny:

OneForTheToe
congrts to the fins. I'm happy for them. My only solace for the day ..... we din't lose tio the Dolphins. Congrats to the Ravens you will now be an answer to a trivia question. Oh and billick is an offensive genious. :sofunny:

Steel_Bus_24
Yeah How in the hell did we clinch a spot

Elvis
12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah I'm a steelers fan but I am also a realist and I know when they are not playing good football....exactly like what you described above.

I don't know what the problem is...this team is not playing good football lately. How can you argue that?
Sorry runwillierun...
just dont like hearing all these so-called Steelers fan always putting down on us like this..
Sorry...:wave:

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Walk me through how we are in the playoffs?

Talk to me if we don't make it.

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
We didn't clinch a spot yet. I believe "IF" and the way me are playing that is a BIG IF we win one more game we are guarenteed at least a wild card spot.

Elvis
12-16-2007, 03:28 PM
This group is starting to be a joke!!

stlrtruck
12-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes, if we win one of the remaining two games then we are in - otherweise we have to wait on others to lose

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry runwillierun...
just dont like hearing all these so-called Steelers fan always putting down on us like this..
Sorry...:wave:

Hey, no problem... I just think fans have the right to be upset with their team after bad performances.

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
I csn't dog anyone who is putting the Steelers down right now, if all you are true fans then this game as with any other loss really makes you angry and perhaps say things you wouldn't normally say. I take it with a grain of salt.

Elvis
12-16-2007, 03:30 PM
According to most of the people in here right now we have one of the worst defense's of alltime... and next week if we stomp on the Rams then all of them will be comparing them to the Steel Curtain Again..

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 03:32 PM
According to most of the people in here right now we have one of the worst defense's of alltime... and next week if we stomp on the Rams then all of them will be comparing them to the Steel Curtain Again..

I can guarantee you that I won't be saying that if we beat the Rams. The Rams are no measuring stick. We won't be playing the Rams in the playoffs, I believe we will be playing the Jags who just made us their Bitch!

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I can guarantee you that I won't be saying that if we beat the Rams. The Rams are no measuring stick. We won't be playing the Rams in the playoffs, I believe we will be playing the Jags who just made us their Bitch!

I bet steven jackson is looking forward to Thursday...

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I am embarrassed by our fans today. The Steelers have given us one of the top teams in the league this year, today we lost to a great team and almost won but you people still feel you are right to complain? The product this organization puts on the field year in and year out is arguably the most consistent in the league. I can see getting upset about this loss to a certain extent, but what the hell. Good thing you guys aren't Dolphins fans or you would have probably killed yourselves in week 8.

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I can guarantee you that I won't be saying that if we beat the Rams.

Maybe you won't, but I can guarantee someone will.

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I will also put this on the table if we can't beat the Rams and stop Steve Jackson then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I'm soooooooooooooo pissed right now especially after watxhing the Jags in the locker room just now. F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
I am embarrassed by our fans today. The Steelers have given us one of the top teams in the league this year, today we lost to a great team and almost won but you people still feel you are right to complain? The product this organization puts on the field year in and year out is arguably the most consistent in the league. I can see getting upset about this loss to a certain extent, but what the hell. Good thing you guys aren't Dolphins fans or you would have probably killed yourselves in week 8.

At least we would finally get a good draft pick (Maybe O-Line huh)!

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 03:41 PM
At least we would finally get a good draft pick (Maybe O-Line huh)!

"Finally a good draft pick"? Troy Polomalu, Big Ben, Heath Miller, Santonio Homes lol?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I never thought this D was great in the first place even when they were rated number 1...lol Its a good defense but far from great......Part of the problem there isn't any impact plays...Smith made one today but that was it.....

James Harrison is a nice player but its becoming more evident that he isn't an elite player...Haggans has disappeared after a solid start on the season....Farrior is having a good year but he is in his early 30s........Well Foote is just solid but when you don't have the other LBs making impact plays on a consistent basis its hard to mask Foote's short coming...I'm just hoping Woodley and Timmons are the impact LBs this defense needs....The 3-4 is built on impact LBs......

Speaking of impact players.....Troy is getting paid as one but he has been very quiet this year.....

This defense is far from the Steel Curtain and even mentioning them in the same breath as the great defenses of the 70s is a slap in the face to the Steel Curtain...lol

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Finally a good draft pick? Troy Polomalu, Big Ben, Heath Miller, Santonio Homes lol?

Hummmm, don't see an O-Lineman in the names you mentioned.

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Hummmm, don't see an O-Lineman in the names you mentioned.

Ummm I see one. Heath.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Kendall Simmons. (Who is probably the strength of our line this year by the way if you watch film)

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Kendall Simmons. (Who is probably the strength of our line this year by the way if you watch film)

Simmons might be the strength of the Oline this year but its by default...lol That Oline is terrible period....

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
I think they should just throw these rookie LB's in, they can't do much worse. Jags had over 200 yds rushing today, what a shame for the #1 Defense.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 03:48 PM
This list is horrible ain't it? Edwards is the only guy on that that wasn't a great player in the league and Timmons is still unproven.

2007 Lawrence Timmons LB Florida State
2006 Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
2005 Heath Miller TE Virginia
2004 Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami (OH)
2003 Troy Polomalu S USC
2002 Kendall Simmons OL Auburn
2001 Casey Hampton DT Texas
2000 Plaxico Burress WR Michigan St.
1999 Troy Edwards WR LA Tech
1998 Alan Faneca G LSU

As far as the backers, If Smith was in at DE we probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now because Eason and Kirschke are suspect against the run- Smith is a great run stopper. James Harrison has 8 1/2 sacks on the year, how can you argue with that?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I think they should just throw these rookie LB's in, they can't do much worse. Jags had over 200 yds rushing today, what a shame for the #1 Defense.

I'm with you on the rookies playing more...Who knows they might actually play well...Hell Woodley had 3 sacks in the first half of the season.....:Lets not play him more.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Woodley had some snaps today but they dropped him in coverage instead of letting rush the passer.....

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 04:23 PM
I never thought this D was great in the first place even when they were rated number 1...lol Its a good defense but far from great......Part of the problem there isn't any impact plays...Smith made one today but that was it.....

James Harrison is a nice player but its becoming more evident that he isn't an elite player...Haggans has disappeared after a solid start on the season....Farrior is having a good year but he is in his early 30s........Well Foote is just solid but when you don't have the other LBs making impact plays on a consistent basis its hard to mask Foote's short coming...I'm just hoping Woodley and Timmons are the impact LBs this defense needs....The 3-4 is built on impact LBs......

Speaking of impact players.....Troy is getting paid as one but he has been very quiet this year.....

This defense is far from the Steel Curtain and even mentioning them in the same breath as the great defenses of the 70s is a slap in the face to the Steel Curtain...lol

IMO Haggans has played himself out of any potential re-signing. What troubles me is that with the drop-off in the last month, if Timmons was showing anything in practice he would be getting some snaps on D.

This team is going 4-3; IMO Troy's comment in Cook's column today on not having as many opportunities to make plays this year is the tip of the iceberg on Cowher/LeBeau players being frustrated with the change in philosophy.

I would not be surprised if Arians is fired and LeBeau retired as Tomlin brings in his own men - that may not be a bad thing - this team is a long way from being close to the SB.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
IMO Haggans has played himself out of any potential re-signing. What troubles me is that with the drop-off in the last month, if Timmons was showing anything in practice he would be getting some snaps on D.

This team is going 4-3; IMO Troy's comment in Cook's column today on not having as many opportunities to make plays this year is the tip of the iceberg on Cowher/LeBeau players being frustrated with the change in philosophy.

I would not be surprised if Arians is fired and LeBeau retired as Tomlin brings in his own men - that may not be a bad thing - this team is a long way from being close to the SB.

Arians being fired wouldn't be a bad thing, but LeBeau has worked with Tomlin and together they have made this kind of hybrid which by the way is still the #1 defense in the league. Two things I will never understand about some of you. We have (Had) the leading rusher in Parker and the best defense in the league who just had a bad day, yet you people still find a way to complain about it...?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 04:33 PM

I don't know about you but this team can't switch to the 4-3 over night so that would be a mistake....The biggest need in the off-season is the offensive line...If Tomlin doesn't see that then he needs to be slapped...If the Steelers wanted to switch to the 4-3 they would have to at least draft 3-4 defensive lineman in this upcoming draft.....They would need two more DTs and a Freeney type pass rushing DE.......So the Steelers might switch to the 4-3 in time but it won't be next year....Maybe Tomlin needs to take his hands off the D and just let LeBeau send blitz after blitz....

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
If this is the #1 defense I would hate to see the worst. Also, it's not just one bad day the defense on several occasions has not been able to stop even the Jets from marching down the field on them.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Arians being fired wouldn't be a bad thing, but LeBeau has worked with Tomlin and together they have made this kind of hybrid which by the way is still the #1 defense in the league. Two things I will never understand about some of you. We have (Had) the leading rusher in Parker and the best defense in the league who just had a bad day, yet you people still find a way to complain about it...?

We complain since we knew this team was a fraud and only took advantage of a early weak schedule.....

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
We complain since we knew this team was a fraud and only took advantage of a early weak schedule.....

I agree, that's the only reason we are where we are because of the early weak schedule. That's how our D got to be #1 also. When you play weak ass teams your defense should be #1, now that they're playing mediocre to good teams they look like a middle of the pack defense where they rightfully should be ranked.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't know about you but this team can't switch to the 4-3 over night so that would be a mistake....The biggest need in the off-season is the offensive line...If Tomlin doesn't see that then he needs to be slapped...If the Steelers wanted to switch to the 4-3 they would have to at least draft 3-4 defensive lineman in this upcoming draft.....They would need two more DTs and a Freeney type pass rushing DE.......So the Steelers might switch to the 4-3 in time but it won't be next year....Maybe Tomlin needs to take his hands off the D and just let LeBeau send blitz after blitz....

The problems surfacing now are what I thought might come up earlier - it is Tomlin's team but he was required to keep LeBeau by the Rooneys = IMO they have very different
approaches to D.

Bend but not break is not LeBeau's creed but that is what is being played

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Bingo

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 04:48 PM

"We knew this team took advantage of a weak early schedule" if you are reffering to you and some of the other frequent posters on this forum who only come post a lot after loses, think again. I have been looking back at posts of you and a lot of others who say "I knew it, weak schedule, we suck" (Particularly the posters in this thread - and trust me. No one was saying we were taking advantage of a weak early schedule until recentley. I say to you what I do everyone else who only posts negative comments. Please, take them somewhere else. It is obvious that you people think the organization owes everything to the fans and haven't delivered. The Steelers don't owe any of us anything.

sherlock
12-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Hats of to the Jags..they played with no fear...but I still think the Steelers will come good.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
"We knew this team took advantage of a weak early schedule" if you are reffering to you and some of the other frequent posters on this forum who only come post a lot after loses, think again. I have been looking back at posts of you and a lot of others who say "I knew it, weak schedule, we suck" (Particularly the posters in this thread - and trust me. No one was saying we were taking advantage of a weak early schedule until recentley. I say to you what I do everyone else who only posts negative comments. Please, take them somewhere else. It is obvious that you people think the organization owes everything to the fans and haven't delivered. The Steelers don't owe any of us anything.

I stopped posting on here since this site was just a bunch of blind homers really.....Plus many of you can't handle anything negative about the Steelers....I only started posting back on here since I had a falling out at my other Steelers site I posted at....It wasn't after a loss like you suggested....I like being real........and call things like I see it....If you can't handle that then piss off....I only take issue when you blind homers attack other fans for being negative.....

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 06:27 PM
.I only started posting back on here since I had a falling out at my other Steelers site I posted at....

So where exactly does that leave you? Looking for a Browns site? :smile:

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 06:29 PM
So where exactly does that leave you? Looking for a Browns site? :smile:

Yeah, he stopped posting here - which would explain the 30+ posts he's made today. :dang:

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I stopped posting on here since this site was just a bunch of blind homers really.....Plus many of you can't handle anything negative about the Steelers....I only started posting back on here since I had a falling out at my other Steelers site I posted at....It wasn't after a loss like you suggested....I like being real........and call things like I see it....If you can't handle that then piss off....I only take issue when you blind homers attack other fans for being negative.....

So you had a falling out with another Steelers site? Wow... Now we know this isn't just a one time thing... Why aren't you gone yet? If this site is such a joke, why are you still posting here?

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 06:48 PM
So you had a falling out with another Steelers site? Wow... Now we know this isn't just a one time thing... Why aren't you gone yet? If this site is such a joke, why are you still posting here?

He's not - he just earned himself a 30-day vacation.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/wahoo6.jpg

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
He's not - he just earned himself a 30-day vacation.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/wahoo6.jpg

For better or worse that probably means the next meaningful game on which he can comment will be played next September

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
If we go that far it will be in January.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 08:13 PM
If we go that far it will be in January.

Yep - 30 days takes us past the second weekend of the playoffs - IMO the B&G will be done by then

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Steelers Super Bowl 07!

steeler dude
12-17-2007, 05:42 AM
there we went

SteelCityMan786
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Yep - 30 days takes us past the second weekend of the playoffs - IMO the B&G will be done by then

I refuse to settle for anything less then the best the Steelers can do that week. And if they fail, I just move on and hope for the best they can have the next week. So until further notice, 10-5 is what I believe that they'll be this week.