PDA

View Full Version : in my opinion its worse than last year

Ricco Suavez
12-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Last year we played awful early and left little or no chance for a playoff berth. Big Ben was hurt or recovering and at the end of the season we showed signs of life. This year is almost completely opposite, we looked very good early and now we are falling apart. With todays loss (3 of the last 5) we have looked very anemic on offense for the last 6 games. Our vaulted defense is looking very porous. I was hoping we could go into the playoffs gathering momentum. Now I wonder if we even make the playoffs. If we do, will we see more of the last two weeks.Now I know we played two good teams, but really have we looked anything like a playoff team. There is simply no "FIRE". Maybe we do miss Cowher and players like Porter. We need an emotional leader. We need something positive to happen soon or this team will do a complete collapse.

Rotorhead
12-16-2007, 02:28 PM
That is EXACTLY my thoughts, this is the second week in a row that the entire team has given up in before the 4th quarter. This is a direct reflection of the Coaching staff and team leaders. It makes me sick to watch the steelers right now.

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 02:30 PM
And IMO, anybody who holds this opinion has a really short memory and doesn't remember last season.

Big D
12-16-2007, 02:33 PM
And IMO, anybody who holds this opinion has a really short memory and doesn't remember last season.

our didnt actually watch the games and just saw the box score..

The Duke
12-16-2007, 02:35 PM
wow, did you really watch last season? that team was awful( except for willie).

Rotorhead
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
The only reason we were even in this game is because Ben.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Last year we played awful early and left little or no chance for a playoff berth. Big Ben was hurt or recovering and at the end of the season we showed signs of life. This year is almost completely opposite, we looked very good early and now we are falling apart. With todays loss (3 of the last 5) we have looked very anemic on offense for the last 6 games. Our vaulted defense is looking very porous. I was hoping we could go into the playoffs gathering momentum. Now I wonder if we even make the playoffs. If we do, will we see more of the last two weeks.Now I know we played two good teams, but really have we looked anything like a playoff team. There is simply no "FIRE". Maybe we do miss Cowher and players like Porter. We need an emotional leader. We need something positive to happen soon or this team will do a complete collapse.

Your'e smart... 2005.

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Watch your step jumping off, won't ya? :wink02:

http://www.temmeseed.com/images/Covered%20Wagon%202.jpg

noto45
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
we got out played in all areas I can all ready here that coming out at Tomlins Post game Conference.

stillers4me
12-16-2007, 04:20 PM
The only reason we were even in this game is because Ben.

Remember that guy with the long ,flowing , black hair that kept nailing those players in white??????? I hate to think of what the score would have been without him. Welcome back, Troy.

stillers4me
12-16-2007, 04:22 PM
There is simply no "FIRE". Maybe we do miss Cowher and players like Porter. We need an emotional leader. We need something positive to happen soon or this team will do a complete collapse.

What we need is an O-line.

All the spit in the world won't fix that.

tony hipchest
12-16-2007, 04:24 PM
maybe being a fan will be more fulfilling for ya next season :wave:

jjpro11
12-16-2007, 04:25 PM
do you not remember our 2 games vs baltimore last year? late in the season to boot? at least we are in the games we are losing.

stillers4me
12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
do you not remember our 2 games vs baltimore? late in the season to boot? at least we are in the games we are losing.

And we're not the Bengals. :flap:

And Miami beat the Ratbirds.............. :jawdrop:

eafratitpm3
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
That is EXACTLY my thoughts, this is the second week in a row that the entire team has given up in before the 4th quarter. This is a direct reflection of the Coaching staff and team leaders. It makes me sick to watch the steelers right now.

We have Team leaders, I can think of one or two on offense but who on our Defense is a leader (Joey Porter type). I hate to say this but Joey kept our Defense fired up no matter what, this year you don't see that at all.