PDA

View Full Version : #1 Rush defense. Yeah right!

plenewken
12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
You must be kidding! Our defense is laughable and our offense needs Mickey Mouse plays and trickery to score.
There' s no discipline and no motivation in this team. Nobody seems to give a sh*t.
We'll be lucky is we win 1 of the last 2 games. Cleveland will win the division and we will miss the playoffs, which is not a bad thing cause we'd get crushed anyway.
Serious changes within the team are badly needed, and it's not only players that I'm talking about, I'm talking coaches too.

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Cleveland will win the division and we will miss the playoffs, which is not a bad thing cause we'd get crushed anyway.

Do you pick lottery numbers too? :coffee:

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
You must be kidding! Our defense is laughable and our offense needs Mickey Mouse plays and trickery to score.
There' s no discipline and no motivation in this team. Nobody seems to give a sh*t.
We'll be lucky is we win 1 of the last 2 games. Cleveland will win the division and we will miss the playoffs, which is not a bad thing cause we'd get crushed anyway.
Serious changes within the team are badly needed, and it's not only players that I'm talking about, I'm talking coaches too.

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Jman
12-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Serious changes within the team are badly needed...I'm talking coaches too.

I don't think it's possible to make clones of Tomlin.

plenewken
12-16-2007, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=fansince'76;340977]Do you pick lottery numbers too? :coffee:[/QUOTE

Why? You see us in the playoffs, playing like we did for the last 5 games? If you do, pass around what you're smoking ................

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=fansince'76;340977]Do you pick lottery numbers too? :coffee:[/QUOTE

Why? You see us in the playoffs, playing like we did for the last 5 games? If you do, pass around what you're smoking ................

What I see is a team that has played poorly as of late but still leads the division by virtue of a tiebreaker with two games to play. Calm down. :coffee:

Jman
12-16-2007, 04:49 PM
What I see is a team that has played poorly as of late but still leads the division...

:iagree:

Poor play lately but still doing o-k overall.

plenewken
12-16-2007, 04:49 PM
We will play St Louis and Baltimore on the road while Cleveland will play Cincy on the road and then San Francisco at home.
Clear advantage to the Browns (as much as it pains me to say it).

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 04:53 PM

When we make the playoffs I don't want you to watch any of the games, ok? Fair weather fans are the worst.

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=plenewken;340986]

What I see is a team that has played poorly as of late but still leads the division by virtue of a tiebreaker with two games to play. Calm down. :coffee:

So do I. It's a short week, it's time to prep for the Rams.

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 04:57 PM
When we make the playoffs I don't want you to watch any of the games, ok? Fair weather fans are the worst.

THANK YOU!!!!!

A-FREAKIN-MEN!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 05:08 PM
If somebody knocks the Steelers they're fair weather fans?...Thats crap.......Most of you have to take your blinders off........Our D got butt raped today......lol Fred Taylor has been in the NFL for 10 years now and has killed us on cut backs...Do you think we could ever catch on?lol Remember that 200 yard game he had against us back in 2000 at Three Rivers...I had visions of that in my head today...lol Only difference it was snowing today...lol

As for the play-offs its not for certain this team is making it anymore......The Browns are not going away and have a cake walk schedule.....The Steelers have two road games left....The Steelers have been terrible on the road all season.....We have the AFC North lead by having the tie breaker....But I'm sure the Browns will win out...I know I know some of you think thats impossible...But they have to play the Bengals and the 49ers....lol So if the Brown do win out and the Steelers lose one game then the Browns win the division....Thats very likely to happen with the direction of these two teams...

Steelers dropped the ball big time today to seal the AFC North and some of us just choose to admit instead of being a total homer....lol I just hope this team regains its focus and wins their final two ball games......The Rams game is going to be tough....A short week and on the road...Plus Steven Jackson is getting back to form....

steelpride12
12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
WAAAAA WAAAAAA its past your bed time i think!
Chill out haha your making stupid comments like browns will win the division and we will miss the playoffs.
The defense was not that bad you cant count everyone out!
Go to bed!

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 05:12 PM
If somebody knocks the Steelers they're fair weather fans?...Thats crap.......Most of you have to take your blinders off........Our D got butt raped today......lol Fred Taylor has been in the NFL for 10 years now and has killed us on cut backs...Do you think we could ever catch on?lol Remember that 200 yard game he had against us back in 2000 at Three Rivers...I had visions of that in my head today...lol Only difference it was snowing today...lol

As for the play-offs its not for certain this team is making it anymore......The Browns are not going away and have a cake walk schedule.....The Steelers have two road games left....The Steelers have been terrible on the road all season.....We have the AFC North lead by having the tie breaker....But I'm sure the Browns will win out...I know I know some of you think thats impossible...But they have to play the Bengals and the 49ers....lol So if the Brown do win out and the Steelers lose one game then the Browns win the division....Thats very likely to happen with the direction of these two teams...

Steelers dropped the ball big time today to seal the AFC North and some of us just choose to admit instead of being a total homer....lol I just hope this team regains its focus and wins their final two ball games......The Rams game is going to be tough....A short week and on the road...Plus Steven Jackson is getting back to form....

It is over! It's all over! We have no chance of making the playoffs now! Like OMG the Browns will win it all! This is turning out like 2005! NOOOO! :toofunny: :flap:

noto45
12-16-2007, 05:18 PM
We will win the division calm down

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 05:21 PM

I know for sure I don't have blinders on, but I'm damned sure not going to play into the "sky is falling down" mindset of a few around here. We didn't play up to our capabilities and the Jags punched us hard in the mouth - they're a damned good football team as I think anyone with a fraction of football common sense knew going into today's game.

I'm not going to predict this team's immediate future. They control their own destiny right now and somehow, I think they are going to turn it around. Why you might ask? Because I BELIEVE in them. If for whatever reason, they end up as a WC or, God forbid, don't make the playoffs, thems the breaks. They've exceeded my expectations this season and let the chips fall where they may.

This team (minus a couple of rooks and second year players) have risen from adversity before and it's not impossible for them to rise again. I'm not giving up on them.

therocksteeler
12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I think we have a solid team. We have game breaking players on our team with tons of talent. We also have a very large "want to" win attitude. The game today was a big punch in the mouth for us. But this is where we have lived in the last few years as a team. When the going has gotten tough we have gotten going. The ONLY thing I would like to see in our team is being more ready for the teams we face weekly. It does seem in the last weeks we have begun games and felt out the other team's offensive and defensive schemes. We can't do this and expect to win. This is not like throwing horse shoes here, thinking Ahh we'll get closer next time. We have to be more ready for the teams we face come game day. Today we seen a QB that has missed all week. A #43 with his first game back in weeks. And today the Jags ran it rite at him, up the middle. Tomlin better have handed out prep books in the locker room tonight for the next two games.

"But thats just my opinion and I could be wrong."
Dennis Leary

We win ....we are Steelers
We lose ..we are Steelers

:helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 05:47 PM
It is over! It's all over! We have no chance of making the playoffs now! Like OMG the Browns will win it all! This is turning out like 2005! NOOOO! :toofunny: :flap:

Dude you need a history lesson.....The Steelers run of 2005 doesn't happen every year...That was once of life time run and thats what made that season so special....As for the Browns if you don't think they have a great chance at winning the AFC North then you're totally blind...They play the Bengals and the 49ers.....lol The Steelers have two road games left which they have been terrible on the road all season.....

Its not crazy to think the Browns will finish 11-5 and the Steelers 10-6...If that happens the Browns win the North....The Steelers are letting this season slip away....2005 isn't going to happen again with this team......Not with this Oline and this defense that can't make a huge stop when it matters.....Those have been two consistent problems all season....

Doesn't make anyone less of a fan for pointing a teams short comings.....If you want to be blind and live in your the Steelers are the greatest at everything world then so be it but don't come at other fans for thinking otherwise...

I just love all these lame ass responses that you people come up with...Well they exceeded my expectations....So freaking what.....they exceeded mine as well...But at the same time I'm not going to be happy when the team plays like a bunch of stiffs and keeps blowing opportunity after opportunity....

But I know I know just at 2005.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Keeping thinking 2005 is going to happen again.......It seems most of you are LITP......Living In The Past........:flap::flap::flap::flap: Bunch of freaking blind homers...If it wasn't for Ben this team would be total crap...lol and Parker...Can't blame Willie...for this mess also.....

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Dude you need a history lesson.....The Steelers run of 2005 doesn't happen every year...That was once of life time run and thats what made that season so special....As for the Browns if you don't think they have a great chance at winning the AFC North then you're totally blind...They play the Bengals and the 49ers.....lol The Steelers have two road games left which they have been terrible on the road all season.....

Its not crazy to think the Browns will finish 11-5 and the Steelers 10-6...If that happens the Browns win the North....The Steelers are letting this season slip away....2005 isn't going to happen again with this team......Not with this Oline and this defense that can't make a huge stop when it matters.....Those have been two consistent problems all season....

Doesn't make anyone less of a fan for pointing a teams short comings.....If you want to be blind and live in your the Steelers are the greatest at everything world then so be it but don't come at other fans for thinking otherwise...

I just love all these lame ass responses that you people come up with...Well they exceeded my expectations....So freaking what.....they exceeded mine as well...But at the same time I'm not going to be happy when the team plays like a bunch of stiffs and keeps blowing opportunity after opportunity....

But I know I know just at 2005.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Keeping thinking 2005 is going to happen again.......It seems most of you are LITP......Living In The Past........:flap::flap::flap::flap: Bunch of freaking blind homers...If it wasn't for Ben this team would be total crap...lol and Parker...Can't blame Willie...for this mess also.....

Another 'fan' who thinks the team owes them everything... Get a clue. You are not a fan, you just like to complain.

Ben and Willie are not the only good players on this team contrary to popular beliefe. It takes 53 guys to get a winning record and 0 fans telling you what you're doing wrong on a message board.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
We will win the division calm downI wish I'd share you enthusiasm.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Another 'fan' who thinks the team owes them everything... Get a clue. You are not a fan, you just like to complain.

Ben and Willie are not the only good players on this team contrary to popular beliefe. It takes 53 guys to get a winning record and 0 fans telling you what you're doing wrong on a message board.

I never said this team owes me anything...Learn to ****ing read .....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Never said Ben and Willie were the only good players on the team.......I just don't blame them for the mess out there today......You need to get a clue.....:flap: Understand now simpleton.....

As a fan I have the right to complain about a team playing like a bunch of stiffs...The Oline and defense played like bums today....But everything is good since we still have the North lead and 2005 will happen again....Freaking homer take the blinders off.....

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I never said this team owes me anything...Learn to ****ing read .....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Never said Ben and Willie were the only good players on the team.......I just don't blame them for the mess out there today......You need to get a clue.....:flap: Understand now simpleton.....

As a fan I have the right to complain about a team playing like a bunch of stiffs...The Oline and defense played like bums today....But everything is good since we still have the North lead and 2005 will happen again....Freaking homer take the blinders off.....

Since you know so much can you do us all a favor and buy the team? Things would obviously run much smoother with such an intellegant and loyal personality leading the way instead of those 'Rooneys'. :toofunny:

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM

I love these responses about who is and who is not a 'fan.' Apparenlty if you say anything negative about the team then you are not a fan.

Let me just say that I think the team played great today!!! Amazing performances by everyone!...and that run defense? Best I have ever seen!....The O-line? A well oiled pass protection machine!!

(Am I a real fan now?)

Give me a freakin' break...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Since you know so much can you do us all a favor and buy the team? Things would obviously run much smoother with such an intellegant and loyal personality leading the way instead of those 'Rooneys'. :toofunny:

Another the Rooney's can do wrong...I love the Rooneys to but at the same time they're not perfect...But how dare I question anything related to the Steelers...lol Would love to buy the Steelers.....Only problem don't have the 900 million or so to buy the team.....But with that kind of response just proves you don't live in reality...lol

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I love these responses about who is and who is not a 'fan.' Apparenlty if you say anything negative about the team then you are not a fan.

Let me just say that I think the team played great today!!! Amazing performances by everyone!...and that run defense? Best I have ever seen!....The O-line? A well oiled pass protection machine!!

(Am I a real fan now?)

No, it's much more preferable to hear "Fire Tomlin!," "This is the worst team ever!," "The Browns have the division locked up!," "We suck!" every post.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 06:15 PM

(Am I a real fan now?)

See a person that gets it and lives in the real world......Which this is the point I'm trying to make when these homers always attack fans for being negative...I call it like I see it....The Oline sucked again...The defense was worse....Ben and Willie are Gods....Heath Miller is having a nice year catching the ball but his blocking has declined.....Holmes is having a nice season and is living up to his first round draft status....Nate Washington makes the great catch but drops the easy ones....Ced Wilson is just Ced Wilson....Makes to much money for the few plays he does make...lol

The Oline sucks......period....The Defense is a fraud.....end of statement....

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
No, it's much more preferable to hear "Fire Tomlin!," "This is the worst team ever!," "The Browns have the division locked up!," "We suck!" every post.

We'll I think saying things like that is ridiculous but I don't think it is right to assume we are in control of the division.

I just get pissed at all of these holier-than-thou attitudes telling everyone they aren't real fans.

geo123
12-16-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm not giving up on them, but they really have to make some changes(fast).
I'm not sure what the problem is; there is plenty of blame to go around though.

Up until the 4th Q I thought the problem was with the O. We had scored only 10 pts, the TD came on a drive that started on the Jacksonville 31. Aside from that we had three 3 and outs, and four other times we ran less than 7 plays. Not quite the recipe for success. They finally scored twice in the 4Q although one drive started on the Jags 12.
Then after the O ties the game the D lets the Jags go down the field(70yds) in 3 min and score a TD. Not to mention the TD they gave up to start the 3Q that ate up 10 min.
Who's to blame? I didn't se the game, but I know Ben was sacked 5 times and pressured a lot more. The D really neds to get some sacks themselves.

We have the Rams on Thur. I think they're 3 and 10, but they have played well in the last couple of games. This is a game we should win. There should be no excuses! Maybe we could try getting a 10-14 point lead for a change instead of playig catch up!

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
We'll I think saying things like that is ridiculous but I don't think it is right to assume we are in control of the division.

I just get pissed at all of these holier-than-thou attitudes telling everyone they aren't real fans.

Um, yeah - we ARE in control of the division still. If the playoffs started today, we win the division by tiebreaker = in control of the division. I would never question anybody's fandom, but I do get a little tired of the sky is falling garbage so soon after the train wreck last year. Am I disappointed at today's loss? Absolutely. Am I ready to declare the season over because of it, especially when we are still in control of our own destiny in the division? Sorry, no I'm not, but I guess that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker to some. So be it.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM

Thank you.........I guess some Steelers fans just think we must never question the great Steelers organization......But I understand why the older fans that experienced the great times think that......They have already experienced 5 Super Bowl wins.......with 4 being in 6 years....So why should they complain?.....

I'm sorry I experienced one win and I want to experience more.......Its a sickness....When the team plays like stiffs then I'm calling them out...Especially when they get paid millions...People call me out when I don't do my job and i don't make anything close to these multi-millionaires that play a game...lol

SteelDogFan
12-16-2007, 06:29 PM
This is Tomlin's first year as head coach.

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
This is Tomlin's first year as head coach.

And it was also suggested more than once in the gameday thread today that it should be his last as the Steelers' HC. :dang:

RunWillieRun
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Um, yeah - we ARE in control of the division still. If the playoffs started today, we win the division by tiebreaker = in control of the division. I would never question anybody's fandom, but I do get a little tired of the sky is falling garbage so soon after the train wreck last year. Am I disappointed at today's loss? Absolutely. Am I ready to declare the season over because of it, especially when we are still in control of our own destiny in the division? Sorry, no I'm not, but I guess that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker to some. So be it.

Well I guess we agree to disagree about the division. The playoffs do not start today and right now cleveland is playing better football than the steelers and that has me worried.

I do respect your viewpoint and agree this season is not over. I sure as hell hope we do win out and take the division even if cleveland wins out too. I certianly do not consider you a Kool-Aid drinker.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Thank you.........I guess some Steelers fans just think we must never question the great Steelers organization......But I understand why the older fans that experienced the great times think that......They have already experienced 5 Super Bowl wins.......with 4 being in 6 years....So why should they complain?.....

I'm sorry I experienced one win and I want to experience more.......Its a sickness....When the team plays like stiffs then I'm calling them out...Especially when they get paid millions...People call me out when I don't do my job and i don't make anything close to these multi-millionaires that play a game...lol

It isn't about believing you're organization is always right or flawless (None are), it is about supporting them. I hate Arians and have another number of issues with the team but it isn't my place or yours to criticize them. We can say what we would like to see happen but saying the team (Players, coaches, owners) is doing something horribly wrong when they have given you a great team is disrespectful and stupid.

Oh and if you like the money athletes make why aren't you one? People who think players make to much money, I ask you - Why didn't you become a pro football player? Seriously?

Stlr4ever
12-16-2007, 06:37 PM

Well.., I wouldn't take the stats so seriously. We were missing Aaron Smith. Our front 7 can not seem to get the job done. We looked good against the likes of Cincy and Browns, because they are nothing like Jags. Jags are big and strong, and play like the way our team played in 2004. I believe they are the 3rd best team in the league. I didn't have a good feeling before this game. Why? Jack Del Rio has mastered the game plan to beat our team. His style is different from Belichic; neverthless, he has got our number. He has got the personnel to execute the brutally physical game plan extremely well. If we are lucky enough to get the division(unlikely) or get in as a wild card, I like our chances to get past round#1. Our chances of playing for AFCC: slim to none.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
It isn't about believing you're organization is always right or flawless (None are), it is about supporting them. I hate Arians and have another number of issues with the team but it isn't my place or yours to criticize them. We can say what we would like to see happen but saying the team (Players, coaches, owners) is doing something horribly wrong when they have given you a great team is disrespectful and stupid.

Oh and if you like the money athletes make why aren't you one? People who think players make to much money, I ask you - Why didn't you become a pro football player? Seriously?

Never said it wasn't hard to play professional sports....But if you honestly think these players are not over paid then again you live in a dream world...lol But that wasn't the point anyway....The point was with the type of money they do make then they should be subjected to criticism.....Especially when they play like bums.....

Stlr4ever
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
And it was also suggested more than once in the gameday thread today that it should be his last as the Steelers' HC. :dang:

I strongly disagree.:banging:
Look at all the 1st year/rookie HCs including an ex-Steeler OC names Whisenhunt. Tomlin is doing ok--not great. What he needs is, a few overachievers and team minus the underachievers. He needs players who go out and execute well consistently. Our OL and Secondary have been very insistent.

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Please tell me you're pullin' my leg. :jawdrop:

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Never said it wasn't hard to play professional sports....But if you honestly think these players are not over paid then again you live in a dream world...lol But that wasn't the point anyway....The point was with the type of money they do make then they should be subjected to criticism.....Especially when they play like bums.....

Every person in this country is overpaid by that standard.

I hate fans who act like hey have personnel knowledge who have never been involved in the industry before. Whenever I make accusations and complaints such as my common Bruce Arians sucks rants I make sure I am correct first. Looking at stats, studying success rates of the plays called in situations, etc... Call me a football nerd but it is what I like to do. Instead of just coming onto an online forum and saying "this team sucks!" and "the numbers lie!" (#1 rusher in Parker, #1 defense in the league, leading division, recent Super Bowl and good playoff history.) I am not a homer, I am a cautious and loyal fan who is more often than not correct when complaining. (Which is way more than I can say for most members of this board)

BTW: Anyone who said Tomlin should be fired doesn't deserve to watch the Steelers and knows nothing about the NFL. Period.

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Please tell me you're pullin' my leg. :jawdrop:

No, I'm not - here's just a sampling of the wisdom displayed in the gameday thread today (poster's name removed to protect the guilty):

I sure hope the Tomlin era does not last 15 years....

And you base that upon what...his astute ability to put together a coaching staff, challenge plays with his red flag flawlessly....or his ability to come up with a good Google search to come up with good cliche's.

Ok...tell me why Tomlin impressess you. Really...what has he shown you.

stillers4me
12-16-2007, 06:52 PM
our offense needs Mickey Mouse plays and trickery to score.

Yeah........I hated those trick plays in the 2005 playoffs...........

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 06:53 PM
But I understand why the older fans that experienced the great times think that......They have already experienced 5 Super Bowl wins.......with 4 being in 6 years....So why should they complain?.....

We "older" fans have also experienced the lows of the 80's and the pre-Cowher 90's. I can't remember hearing too many fans during that era calling their team "bums".
Most of us over 40's also are realists - we don't expect a playoff calibre team or a Super Bowl winner every season.

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
No, I'm not - here's just a sampling of the wisdom displayed in the gameday thread today (poster's name removed to protect the guilty):

WOW. Sounds like a few were dropped on their heads as babies.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM

That is disgusting. Tomlin may already be one of the best HC's in the league, he is at least well on his way and people treat him like this after losing to a great Jags team.

We "older" fans have also experienced the lows of the 80's and the pre-Cowher 90's. I can't remember hearing too many fans during that era calling their team "bums".
Most of us over 40's also are realists - we don't expect a playoff calibre team or a Super Bowl winner every season.

I am only 18, I'm not one of those 'older' fans B@G... I have only been watching the team for about 10 years and even I understand how lucky we are to have 5 Super Bowl rings and countless division/conference titles... We are one of the most spoiled fan bases in sports history. I am thankful for that no matter how this or any other year ends up.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Hey I call it like I see it...The Steelers played like stiffs today....Not the whole team....certain individuals stood out...But as a whole they played like stiffs...If you have a problem with me stating that.....Then you can put that in your pipe and smoke it....:flap:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 07:00 PM
WOW. Sounds like a few were dropped on their heads as babies.

Nice way to take personal shots at people.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: I thought mods were held to a higher standard...lol How dare anybody question Tomlin or the Steelers?

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
That is disgusting. Tomlin may already be one of the best HC's in the league, he is at least well on his way and people treat him like this after losing to a great Jags team.

Ehh, it's OK, ShutDown - if I had a nickel for every time I heard and read someone express the same sentiments during Cowher's tenure, I would be comfortably retired by now.

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Nice way to take personal shots at people.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: I thought mods were held to a higher standard...lol How dare anybody question Tomlin or the Steelers?

So you think Tomlin should be shown the door at season's end? Typical.

moedap
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I am on the fence with this one. The young 38 year old me is still full of competitive spirit which shows in the trash I talk regarding my Steelers. The same trash talking comes back to bite me when we lose which makes my whole week a lot harder. Makes me want to curse the Steelers forever getting me hooked on them. The old 38 year old me takes the loss with a slight pain which is quickly erased when my 4 year gives me a hug. The hug helps me enjoy all the ups and downs of my Steelers because the hug is all that matters.

Go Steelers!!!

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Im only 18, I'm not one of those 'older' fans B@G... I have only been watching the team for about 10 years and even I understand how lucky we are to have 5 Super Bowl rings and countless division/conference titles... We are one of the most spoiled fan bases in sports history. I am thankfull for that even if we end up going 0 - 16 next year.

Steelers are 2-3 since early November - I said before today's loss Tomlin might be heading into his first bad patch as HC

I am not talking about the media & posters here - Tomlin could not care less

I wonder about the leaders who bitched about Tomlin's hiring on offense (Ward & Faneca) - IMO the defense is not thrilled by the new philosophies but LeBeau can keep them quiet - the offensive players are another mater

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 07:05 PM

If that's really what he is implying, I'm embarrassed I've spent this much time arguing about the team with him.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM

Never said that....But I won't jump all over somebody for thinking so or stating so....Tomlin gets a pass from me but Bruce Arians can go seriously....

Plus really don't give a flying rats ass what you homers think...Your site is a joke....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Never said that....But I won't jump all over somebody for thinking so or stating so....Tomlin gets a pass from me but Bruce Arians can go seriously....

Plus really don't give a flying rats ass what you homers think...Your site is a joke....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

If you feel that way, why don't you take a hike, then?

stillers4me
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM

:wave:

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Are you taking a shot at SF now? Unless I misunderstood you, you just insulted a website which you once donated capital to? I'm confused.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
If you feel that way, why don't you take a hike, then?

You can do something about that yourself....So I don't have to take a hike....But if you ban....I could careless.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Attacking fans for being negative or just questioning things is silly...People have right to be critical if they choose....

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
You can do something about that yourself....So I don't have to take a hike....But if you ban....I could careless.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Attacking fans for being negative or just questioning things is silly...People have right to be critical if they choose....

Why would anyone want to ban you? To be honest... Your posts make everyone else feel smarter... lmao...

fansince'76
12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Attacking fans for being negative or just questioning things is silly...People have right to be critical if they choose....

And I think folks who jump on others for trying to maintain a positive outlook as "Kool-Aid sipping homers" is pretty damn silly as well. :coffee:

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Sorry it took you 2953 posts to reach that conclusion - better luck wherever else you post

As you would say - lol

Adios

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 07:15 PM

That doesn't even dignify a response. So - because I'm a Mod, I'm not permitted an opinion???? I made a generalized statement - there were no "personal shots".

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I guess this is the game where the season officially jumped the shark as even long time and respected posters go off the deep end:dang:

IMO the season is screwed but I am not planning to burn bridges to the board to feel better about that - to each his own

Steelfan4ever
12-16-2007, 09:03 PM
It seems like some folks in their anxiety to see a great Steelers team move forward have lost sight on a few facts. Hometowngal touched on it a little earlier in the post.

1. This team in the beginning of the season was chosen to end the season with a losing record

2. This team is doing GREAT when considering the first year with a new coach.

3. Yes, they lost "easy" games but consider this....Tomlin has the team in a comfort mode when playing at home. That is why the home record is so good. He has a little harder time getting them in that comfort mode when on the road. Not that uncommon for a first year coach.

4. Look at what other coaches have done in their first year. Not that terribly impressive.

I know there are alot of fans that are diehard STEELERS fans like I am and I too feel the same frustration but remember, this is a so called "learning year" for a team with a new coaching staff and what they have done this year is nothing short of amazing.

Listen, when it is all said and done we are the heartbeat of the STEELER NATION! Yes, we are all entitled to our opinion but the support of our team is first and fore most.

BlastFurnace
12-16-2007, 09:52 PM

fan76,

I don't mind you quoting me, but I never said he should be gone after this year. You are insisting that I said that when I didn't. You just don't like to be disagreed with by "the non true fans". I don't mind admitting I said all three things, but I never said to fire him after this year.

C'mon man...call it fair.

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 11:09 PM
fan76,

I don't mind you quoting me, but I never said he should be gone after this year. You are insisting that I said that when I didn't. You just don't like to be disagreed with by "the non true fans". I don't mind admitting I said all three things, but I never said to fire him after this year.

C'mon BF - now you are being a bit unfair. I think Gary's mindset is comparable to mine and others in that for a first year HC, Tomlin really hasn't done all that bad of a job, considering that some of our starters have been in and out of the lineup with injuries at very inopportune times, and a few of them unfortunately gone for the season. He has had to work with a very deficient OL and a ST that has to be one of the worst in the league. As with Arians, I am not going to throw the man under the bus after one season - that would be grossly unfair. From what I've seen and heard from Coach Tomlin thus far, I believe him to be a keeper and a HC who is going to do great things with the Steelers. :thumbsup:

LVSteelersfan
12-17-2007, 12:54 AM
The Steelers were just outgunned by superior lines today. It is not the end of the world and they SHOULD win the last two games. I just think this running Willie up the middle on first down over and over and over is expected and gets shut down repeatedly because they are looking for it. But passing on first down is bad because the OLINE SUCKS. Marvelle Smith looked like a complete idiot today. PUT HIM ON THE DAMN BENCH AND TRY SOMEONE ELSE OUT !!!! It couldn't be any worse. He looks like a moron missing every damn block out there. That, in my opinion is the COACH'S fault. Tomlin won't be fired and I don't think he should, but these obvious patterns need to be dealt with and changes made DURING THE GAME. Not in the next game after a loss. Damn it, I LOVE THE STEELERS and believe they can win every game. But these comebacks that turn into losses get OLD. It happened against the Jets, the Jags, AND the Broncos. Enough is enough. The Defense has to get their act together on those kind of drives. BTW, Troy was AWESOME TODAY. I love the Flyin' Hawaiian and the way he plays.

Davison_K
12-17-2007, 01:12 AM
It is despicable how quickly you call for peoples heads. Tomlin has been having a great year and even if we don't make the playoffs, he has more than exceeded my expectations for this year.

We have a first year head coach, a slightly new offencive team, a whiny ass LG, and an offencive line that has had less than desirable play in both the running game and the passing game all year.

Tomlin is having a great year. I am excited to see what he will do with this team in the future.

And BTW the number one rush defense is Minnesota.:coffee:

But we will make the playoffs.:tt02::flap:

fansince'76
12-17-2007, 01:25 AM
fan76,

No, to be fair, you kinda implied his hiring was a mistake to begin with, but I won't split hairs. I also never called your fandom into question, either.

jjpro11
12-17-2007, 01:30 AM
It is despicable how quickly you call for peoples heads. Tomlin has been having a great year and even if we don't make the playoffs, he has more than exceeded my expectations for this year.

We have a first year head coach, a slightly new offencive team, a whiny ass LG, and an offencive line that has had less than desirable play in both the running game and the passing game all year.

Tomlin is having a great year. I am excited to see what he will do with this team in the future.

And BTW the number one rush defense is Minnesota.:coffee:

But we will make the playoffs.:tt02::flap:

if you think this forum is bad, go look at the steelers.com one now.. overreacting and turning on players/coaches is commonplace after games there.

fansince'76
12-17-2007, 01:40 AM
3. Yes, they lost "easy" games but consider this....Tomlin has the team in a comfort mode when playing at home. That is why the home record is so good. He has a little harder time getting them in that comfort mode when on the road. Not that uncommon for a first year coach.

This, IMO, is a common misconception - there are no "easy" games at the NFL level. They're all professionals. There are no "USC vs. Helen Keller School for the Blind" matchups at the NFL level. An example being a 5-8 team beating a 12-1 team in the later slate of games today in the 12-1 team's back yard.

Steeldude
12-17-2007, 01:52 AM
i am hoping that timmons and woodley can come in and replace foote and haggans next season.

i still say the steelers need a cerebral player on defense to help direct everyone.

as of right now, the playoffs are still in sight.

Galax Steeler
12-17-2007, 05:12 AM
This was the worst deffense against the run I have seen all year I guess everyone has a bad game every now and then but this one sucked.

Steeldude
12-17-2007, 07:19 AM
if the steelers play poorly in the playoffs or miss them entirely i believe some changes will take place in the offseason. if not, then one has to wonder if tomlin is a person who is all talk.

the O-line needs to be addressed. whether it's arians, the O-line coach or the players, something needs to be done.

the ST coach needs to go.

susielr
12-17-2007, 08:38 AM
This was the worst deffense against the run I have seen all year I guess everyone has a bad game every now and then but this one sucked.

The defense looked like swiss cheese yesterday. :dang:

RP_McMurphy
12-17-2007, 09:27 AM
As a Jaguars fan from Day One of the Jack Del Rio regime the running game has been goal one for his team. He and Shack Harris draft and build the team around the running game. The Steelers didn't do a good job yesterday stopping the run at all. However they were facing probably the top running team in the league. Put it this way.........This team has run for 375 yards before and will have another 300 yard game again.

Providence Steel
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Guess stats don't mean anything when you quit playing creampuffs in the NFL. We looked good on paper playing inferior teams and there are a lot of them this year but when we played good teams, we were just terrible. Wouldn't you say so?
Hometown Girl?

Providence Steel
12-17-2007, 09:47 AM
And thank you for moving my post. I read through the list but missed the same heading...sorry,.

fansince'76
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Guess stats don't mean anything when you quit playing creampuffs in the NFL. We looked good on paper playing inferior teams and there are a lot of them this year but when we played good teams, we were just terrible. Wouldn't you say so?
Hometown Girl?

You mean like Seattle (9-5) and Cleveland twice (also 9-5)? But I guess they're creampuffs too, right? And I guess the Cowboys completely suck at 12-2 because they lost at home to a sub-.500 Philly team, right? Sh*t happens, and the team moves on.

Jman
12-17-2007, 10:11 AM
You mean like Seattle (9-5) and Cleveland twice (also 9-5)? But I guess they're creampuffs too, right? And I guess the Cowboys completely suck at 12-2 because they lost at home to a sub-.500 Philly team, right?

:iagree:

Teams just don't win every game they play.

BlastFurnace
12-17-2007, 11:09 AM
No, to be fair, you kinda implied his hiring was a mistake to begin with, but I won't split hairs. I also never called your fandom into question, either.

Fair enough....different day...much calmer now. Just frustrated yesterday. Time to move on to the Rams. :cheers:

fansince'76
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Fair enough....different day...much calmer now. Just frustrated yesterday. Time to move on to the Rams. :cheers:

Yeah, I said what I did yesterday out of frustration as well. My apologies. :cheers:

24seven
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
you guys can try and make yourselves feel better by saying everyone has bad days and crap like that but the truth of the matter is .... our defense is suckin.. our offensive line is pathetic.. and Ben played like he hadn't practiced all week... Week after week it seems he has to warm up to the game.. He can rarely just start off with a massive attack.. Sure he does sometimes but how the hell can he when he gets sacked 50 percent of all passes.. I'm so disgusted in the play it's pathetic.. I've watched the Steelers play for over 25 years and know when our season is coming to a close and I'd have to say unless something dramatic happens over the next couple weeks.. were either out of the playoffs or were out in the first round.. I don't know if they stopped believing or what but there seems to be a shift in gameplay lately as no one is steppin up.. Bash me all you want i don't care.. I'm giving my opinion and if you don't like it.. tough shit.. But simply put.. Steelers are suckin big time.....heck.. even the 3 and whatever jets played the pats better than we did.. granted we also are 1 of the 3 jets wins of the year.. :(

BlastFurnace
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I said what I did yesterday out of frustration as well. My apologies. :cheers:

I apologize as well.

Glace
12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Aaron Smith is VERY important to our run-stopping ability. He was sorely missed against the Jags. I'm not saying that's the only reason we had troubles, but it was part of it.

Rhee Rhee
12-18-2007, 03:40 AM
i just hope we get in the playoffs... it would be a disgrace if cleveland made the playoffs over us... we deserve to make the playoffs over them simply because we beat them twice... need i add more?

Steelthe#1dynasty
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't know what everyone else thinks but we are missing a bad@** on defense. Long ago it was refreshing to see guys like Lloyd, Woodson, C. Lake, etc. play smash mouth football. Obviously, Porter gave us that veteran leadership and was certainly a loud mouth but he was not one of my favs. I will say that he did back up his talk during the 05' run to the SB. Personally, I was more of a Greg Lloyd fan. Greg would do most of his talking on the field and was certainly a player that would intimidate the opponent. The 07' defense tiddy fiddles around and makes too many mental mistakes. Statistics are very misleading and all comes down to showing up for the big games. I personally prefer the bend but don't break mentality on defense.

br7
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM

agreed, no emotion at all!

br7
12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
like wofle would say, they aint got no mojo left!

Preacher
12-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I guess this is the game where the season officially jumped the shark as even long time and respected posters go off the deep end:dang:

IMO the season is screwed but I am not planning to burn bridges to the board to feel better about that - to each his own

Long time posters going off the deep end what do you... oh, look at the little birdy, wait its talking to me.... do what? kill the rabbit? why should I do that? Why yes, I AM Yosemite Sam but.... Ok Kill the rabbit kill the rabb......

(an hour later)

I don't appreciate you thinking I have gone off the deep end!

:wink02:

24seven
12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
nobody is talkin about changing favorite teams here.. It's no secret we've become to suck.. I think we can all agree on that.. let us grieve each in our own ways. Fans gotta let off a little steam ya know.. And not everyone does it the same way.. I'm not even gonna mention what else i've said outside this forum you'd think i'd gone off the deepest end.. I think what it all boils down to is we know what this team is capable of and we've all seen some greatness at points this year and it's unbelievably difficult to understand why and how all the sudden we've turned to a big ol pile of steaming cow shit.... We LOOK like the Clowns out there.. we LOOK like the Bungles... It's almost embarrassing at times . And I find what most Steelers fans have in comon is a deep down pride of there team that far exceeds that of most football fans(not ALL so dont' flame Steeler lover wannabees..).. Sometimes you take it to the extremes and forget it's a game even cause you love your team so much.. And thats why it hurts.. I mean I love em so much I wanna go kick everyone of em in the nuts and say what the HELL YOU DOIN OUT THERE!!
I know there better than this.. That's why it hurts.. And until they get better I'll continue to bitch about it but i will ALWAYS be a Steelers fan.. cuz I gots da FEVA!!! .

geo123
12-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Fact is this D rang up great stats against much lesser teams adn during serious blowouts to get eh ranking they have. Now it's time to pay Peter.

No one wants to hear or admit it but I agree with you. I also think they can play better and I want to see it!

Elvis
12-20-2007, 06:39 PM
As we sit here and talk about how bad our defense has performed the last few weeks, I just want everyone to remember... we didnt have all the injuries then that we got now either. I am not making excuses for them but it is easy to see why they are struggling right now. And with the injuries to our defensive line I think that things could get alot worst tonight against a good passing Rams team. Just try to understand that we have 3rd and 4th string players on our one side of the defensive line tonight VS the Rams.
:tt02:

The_WARDen
12-20-2007, 10:37 PM

without Willie in there, they actually ran the ball 3 straight times on the goal line and scored. No trickery...maybe there's no confidence in Willie to get the 1-2 yards...