PDA

View Full Version : No More complaints!

steelpride12
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Listen me and im sure alot of people are tired of all the negative comments and complaints about our Steelers!
Its your team for crying out loud don't talk trash on them or say they need cut or traded are you nuts.
Stop saying the season is over after a loss then after a win say were winning the super bowl you 2 faced freak gee!
Sure players make mistakes or have a bad day for the stillers, but so what at least have there back and hope for a better game the next time instead of pretty much threatening them!
I don't mind talking about bad plays or a simple mistake, but whats a big low blow for me is when you say cut this player, trade this player or how about the trash talk of Arians come on now he is a good or at least decent offensive coordinator so STOP with the fire him crap.
Come on guys were all Steeler faithful and win or lose each week have faith!
Thanks

silver & black
12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
^^^ Believe me... its a lot worse on my forum. 5 years of it will do that to you.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, no more complaints. Our team is great this year, seriously! Sorry it has been like that for you Silver & Black... Ever since the tuck rule you're team has seemed to have gone downhill... I hope Russell is good but I kind of have my doubts about him... He has looked good the little we've seen of him though. :)

silver & black
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes, no more complaints. Our team is great this year, seriously! Sorry it has been like that for you Silver & Black... Ever since the tuck rule you're team has seemed to have gone downhill... I hope Russell is good but I kind of have my doubts about him... He has looked good the little we've seen of him though. :)

Actually, its been since our Superbowl appearance in 02.

Russell has looked about as good, or bad, as you would expect a rookie that missed all of training camp to look. I'm not sold on him either, but, I have no choice but to support him and hope for the best.

Good luck with your last 2 games :cheers:... remember, if you think its bad now... think what it must be like to be a Raider fan right now. :dang:

stillers4me
12-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Good luck with your last 2 games :cheers:... remember, if you think its bad now... think what it must be like to be a Raider fan right now. :dang:

Or a Ravens fan. :flap:

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't mind at all when people critique the team - hey - they're entitled to their opinions just as much as I'm entitled to mine. Constructive criticism can be turned into good discussion. It's the destructive criticism that I have a problem with. Though I am the eternal optimist, not only with regard to our Steelers, but with every aspect of my life, I am not a homer. I clearly see that there are some problems with the team, but I believe in his first season as HC, Mike Tomlin has done a damned good job. No matter how this season turns out, I'm still damned proud to call myself a Pittsburgh Steelers fan and I'll carry that pride with me to my grave. :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Agreed it is time to look forward rather than look back, since if the Steelers look back again they will see somebody passing them

The margin for error now is gone. IMO the Steelers are now where they were after losing to the Bengals in 2005 - another loss ends their season.

Barring injuries (any word on whether Taylor or Wasington's knee injuries are serious?) it is an equally short week for the Rams too

Steelers need to win Thursday night and put the pressure on the Titans and Browns to hold serve next Sunday

PisnNapalm
12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I'll bitch if I want to. You've got no business telling me, "No more complaints!".

I'm tired of seeing Marvel Smith getting beat around the outside.

Paul Pyrch
12-16-2007, 07:47 PM
First of all, let me say that I love the Steelers, bleed black and gold, and have been a fan all my life. But some criticism is certainly due especially the way they have played in the last few games. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to search for positives. For example, the O and D lines had their hats handed to them today. And when are we ever going to sack the quarterbacks? We haven't done so recently, but Ben is getting sacked three and four times a game. Enough is enough! The talent is there, but something is definitely lacking. Thank God for Troy being back today and playing a great game. People are entitled to their opinions and I believe this is what this forum is all about. So let's not tell folks that they can't point out honest and obvious negatives.:cheers:

BlastFurnace
12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Ok...I'll say something positive...a win on Thursday and the Steelers are in the playoffs. Perhaps...the week starts off bad...end's good.

How's that.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Ok...I'll say something positive...a win on Thursday and the Steelers are in the playoffs. Perhaps...the week starts off bad...end's good.

How's that.

Short - positive - we have a winner:thumbsup::sofunny:

BlastFurnace
12-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Short - positive - we have a winner:thumbsup::sofunny:

Thanks AD...I couldn't have done that a couple hours ago.

:smile:

Steelfan4ever
12-16-2007, 08:14 PM
The STEELERS are a work in progress under a new coach and staff. Those things considered, they are doing fine. Remember it is the media that plays on this whole "pretender/contender" crap. The Steelers have never claimed anything either way this season. Tomlin has only stated that thet prepare week to week.

What are we supposed to expect from a team under new coaching in the first year? High expectations are a good thing but I think we should commend them for what they have done more than condem then for what they have not done.

BlastFurnace
12-16-2007, 08:25 PM
The STEELERS are a work in progress under a new coach and staff. Those things considered, they are doing fine. Remember it is the media that plays on this whole "pretender/contender" crap. The Steelers have never claimed anything either way this season. Tomlin has only stated that thet prepare week to week.

What are we supposed to expect from a team under new coaching in the first year? High expectations are a good thing but I think we should commend them for what they have done more than condem then for what they have not done.

The problem is that many of us...including myself...still look at this team as the one that won the SB two years ago...even though 4 key leaders....Kimo, Bettis, Porter, Cowher, and to a lesser degree Randel El...are all gone. On this team, they were leaders that others looked to. On other teams, who knows, but that is what they meant to us.

I think that losing those 4 has taken it's toll on the team. I'm not sure who the team leaders are now and who the others look to for direction.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 08:32 PM
The problem is that many of us...including myself...still look at this team as the one that won the SB two years ago...even though 4 key leaders....Kimo, Bettis, Porter, Cowher, and to a lesser degree Randel El...are all gone. On this team, they were leaders that others looked to. On other teams, who knows, but that is what they meant to us.

I think that losing those 4 has taken it's toll on the team. I'm not sure who the team leaders are now and who the others look to for direction.

Agreed this is a team between eras

IMO Aaron Smith is a a quiet leader and now is gone while Faneca has been consumed by his contract issues - the team is in transition from 2005 when Porter and Bettis were the lead dogs

Ben is evolving into his role as a leader but you need some tough NCOs as well

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2007, 08:35 PM
I'd rather hear more critiquing that is CONSTRUCTIVE none of the pointless drivel.

Steelfan4ever
12-16-2007, 08:42 PM
You are correct BLASTFURNACE. They have lost key players/leaders and no one to this point has been willing to step up. If I would have guessed at the start of the season a potential leader might have been Farrior after Fanaca became tangled in contract issues. A leader to step up for the team would indeed go a long way. Hines would also have been someone the team would have respected.

Agreed that it is hard to watch the transition between eras.

tony hipchest
12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Agreed it is time to look forward rather than look back, since if the Steelers look back again they will see somebody passing them

The margin for error now is gone. IMO the Steelers are now where they were after losing to the Bengals in 2005 - another loss ends their season.

Barring injuries (any word on whether Taylor or Wasington's knee injuries are serious?) it is an equally short week for the Rams too

Steelers need to win Thursday night and put the pressure on the Titans and Browns to hold serve next Sunday
i commented in the gameday thread, but just from what i saw on tv, washington knew his knee was done. from the way he bounced on 1 leg, id say his acl was snapped in half. it didnt look good, and i expect him to be placed on the IR. hope im wrong though (even as much as a scrub some think he is).

i didnt even see ikes injury.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I'd rather hear more critiquing that is CONSTRUCTIVE none of the pointless drivel.

1. The Steelers need to replace Faneca, who will be leaving (draft a guard who will start), and Mahan at center (see if Simmons can do it) - the OL is a complete wreck - it may not be the coaches' fault but it may require a new position coach as well

2. Haggans is gone - I assume Woodley steps in while Timmons is groomed to move inside

3. Either McFadden replaces Townsend or McFadden's contract should not be extended.

4. Either Davenport gets more carries next season or a RB is brought in who does get them; Willie Parker cannot lead the league in carries for long

5. The Steelers need to try again for a big receiver - if Ward will not redo his deal then he goes to free up WR $$$

6. Tomlin needs his own men as coordinators ( Arians, Coach Dad, or both need to go in 2008) - if the players miss the good old days under Cowher so be it - time marches on - if Tomlin wants bend but don't break then hire someone who believes in that philosophy - that is not how LeBeau has schemed it up over the years

7. Get Ben's new deal done early in the offseason - no calculation of cap room can be done until that is worked out.

How is that?

Steelfan4ever
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Maybe some good insight Atlanta Dan

sherlock
12-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Steelers newbie etc,etc....but from what you guys are saying the Steelers are a team in transition so are they not having a pretty decent season and would not many teams kill for their current standing. :cheer:

silver & black
12-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Steelers newbie etc,etc....but from what you guys are saying the Steelers are a team in transition so are they not having a pretty decent season and would not many teams kill for their current standing. :cheer:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I know of one team that would love to be in the Steelers' situation. :wink02:

The_WARDen
12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Listen me and im sure alot of people are tired of all the negative comments and complaints about our Steelers!
Its your team for crying out loud don't talk trash on them or say they need cut or traded are you nuts.
Stop saying the season is over after a loss then after a win say were winning the super bowl you 2 faced freak gee!
Sure players make mistakes or have a bad day for the stillers, but so what at least have there back and hope for a better game the next time instead of pretty much threatening them!
I don't mind talking about bad plays or a simple mistake, but whats a big low blow for me is when you say cut this player, trade this player or how about the trash talk of Arians come on now he is a good or at least decent offensive coordinator so STOP with the fire him crap.
Thanks

How about stop with you negative comments and complaints about fellow Steeler fans. Are you nuts, I root hard for this team and when they disappoint me against possible playoff opponents, I get frustrated.

I am allowed to vent and voice my frustration just as I or you are allowed to voice your eternal optimism I guess.

If the Steelers do well, I will say so and give them props. If they stink up the joint, I will say so and rip the appropriate parties. Neither makes me more of or less of a Steeler fan than anyone else, it just makes me passionate.

Anyway, GO STEELERS! :tt02:

<Step off soapbox>

Paul Pyrch
12-17-2007, 11:26 AM
:tt02:Totally agree with you, WARDen! Well said. If you can't give an opinion, then why post at all?

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm going to complain about the lackluster performance I am seeing out of a team that is skillfully better than they are showing on Sundays.

I will complain when the O-line allows 5 sacks, receivers drop wide open catches, the defense can't stop the run, at all, for an entire game and gets burned on 2 draw plays and allows 2 4th and short plays.

I will complain when they do not live up to their own expectations and abilities. That is what I complain about.

Not that "they suck" or "they gave up" or "they stink"

I complain because they are BETTER Than this.

HometownGal
12-17-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm going to complain about the lackluster performance I am seeing out of a team that is skillfully better than they are showing on Sundays.

I will complain when the O-line allows 5 sacks, receivers drop wide open catches, the defense can't stop the run, at all, for an entire game and gets burned on 2 draw plays and allows 2 4th and short plays.

I will complain when they do not live up to their own expectations and abilities. That is what I complain about.

Not that "they suck" or "they gave up" or "they stink"

I complain because they are BETTER Than this.

http://kikidesign.hautetfort.com/files/Applause.gif

rbryan
12-17-2007, 11:43 AM
No doubt somebody needs to criticize the play yesterday. I'm pretty sure thats being handled in the locker room. The defense was flat. Maybe they believed all the hype about being the number one defense. Better to get that out of the way now.

I've grown tired of fans who act like spoiled children that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas when the Steelers don't win every game........ News flash........theres 32 teams and half of them lose every week. Sometimes the other team has more talent and theres no one guilty of not giving thier all. Its just the way it goes. Having said that I still won't critcize anyone in particular for venting, it is your right to do so and this is a message board.

I look for the Steelers to rebound this Thursday and I also think Cincy plays thier SB next week against Cleveland. IOW, I still like our chances of winning the division. If you would have told me at the beginning of the season we would be in this position I would have been very happy....Merry Christmas to me, I get to watch Steeler games that still mean something in late December.

Crushzilla
12-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Its not the fact that people are complaining as much is that they are suggesting the most idiotic things.

Fire Mike Tomlin? Cut Polamalu? Marvel Smith?

As if this team is in need of some drastic change... a complete 180.

They aren't.

I have to say, though, this is a team losing momentum at the most crucial time of the year.

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I call for no drastic action, only better performances from everyone with the priveledge to wear Black and Gold on Sundays in the fall.

Scott La Rock
12-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Lets face it . Your only as good as your last game.Wins are what counts.Hoping other teams lose 2 get into playoffs suck. I would love to say The Steelers are sweet. But mediocrity is what Isee. Does this make me a steeler hater.What ever. 70's was good, I was there. 80's sucked, I was there.90's good, I was there.2007 team so so, Im still here. Black and Gold 4 life. But lets face it. Change must come. Our secondary sucks. We need a good veteren back there. I also agree that we need to redo O-line. Id love to rag on Ben. but I cant. I see him getting nailed everytime he drops back. You all want to say he cant read d.Holds onto the ball to long.What about the Wr's. Dropped passes . Poor routes. Put Bradey or Manning with our team and see how they would do.. Ben is still young. He and Hines to me are our brite spot on offence. Willie is fast....But I wish he would see the whole field and hit them holes.Or at least throw him some screens and sweeps.Outside wille.Fast Willie is overrated.Anyways Im going to put on my Steeler gear. For all you real Haters.

Steelers need to tuffin up
strength to all who reads this
Scott

Mosca
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
You know what? I don't like posts that try to tell other people on the forum what to do, or how to post. While I sympathize with your frustration, the idiocy cuts both ways; pollyannaish boosterism is just as curdling as hateful negativity.

On the one hand, I can't stand the "rally 'round our boys" type of posting. That is pointless; to me that's fan club stuff, not forum material. Discussing the team and its strengths and weaknesses is fun, and it allows us to test our insight against that of our fellow fans.

But on the other hand, the "Arians sucks" and "we stink" type posts are equally pointless. People are using the message board to vent their vitriol to other fans, and that is equally useless. To me, anyhow. So and so sucks... what kind of insight is that? What do you know? How deep did you think before you threw that out there? What kind of meat for discussion is in what you wrote, or is it an invitation for piling on or for trolling?

If you stick around you can tell who is going to back up their stuff with observation and analysis, regardless of their inclination. There are a few folks who are highly critical, but who back it up; that's fun. Same with those who are optimistic. And there are folks who have been alternately critical, then positive, then critical again; hey, things change during the season. Again, as long as you can give a reason and then defend it with examples, we'll have a good discussion.

But I'm not a real fan if I'm not just mindlessly optimistic? Garbage. Or, I'm a real fan if I'm a relentless cheerleader? Bull. Or even worse, I'm not a fan if I'm frustrated and critical? Double garbage and double bull.

It's a football team. We get to watch and comment, and there are no rules on how to be a fan.

Paul Pyrch
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Thank you! You truly called it like it is. Thank for clearing up the differences between a forum and a fan club. Too many folks confuse the two:cheers:

touchdownward
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Excellent post Mosca, I totally agree.

This messageboard and other fan messageboards of any size are a microcosm of society and quite frankly, people would rather bitch than try to put a positive spin on something.
Don't believe me, check out the game reporter section and notice how much longer the game threads are for the games we lost as compared to ones we won.
Coincidence, I don't think so.
Also, yesterday, as we converted the 2 point play, the number of members viewing the game thread dropped from 40 to 20 (yeah, my weird ass noticed). Maybe members went to the main page to post their extreme pleasure, but there is no evidence of that.
Still not convinced, check out the evening news. The "feel good" story is at the end of the program buried behind all the pain and misery. Saving the best for last?, not quite.

I'm not saying it is how it should be, just that this is definitely the way it is.

NateC
12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Truly a Great Board and Alot of Good Points on this site...
Its just So good do See others Riding with their Squad Win or lose...

Its like this, If you only following the Team to See them Win Super Bowls. And Cry and Criticise when things dont go according to their Plan is when i lose respect and basically disregard their Posts.

There are alot of people who want to See the Steelers Outside of the spotlight of Greatness, And they Love to see Us fans with our Heads down. Dont give anyone, even a message board troll any Saticfaction of getting under your skin.

We know who we Are, We a CIty of Champion's who dont say Die, and dont know the meaning of Quit unless the Job is done. Point is We are gonna Ride, and See where teh journey takes us. Yes we have problems, but nothing that means we cant win any game we enter.
Ben preety much should give you the hope you need to carry you through a tough loss or 5 or 7 :cheers: With Ben, Its always Possible.

ALL CONCERNS WILL BE ADRESSED THIS OFFSEASON:helmet:

For Now * Grabs TOwel*... We have some CHeering to do .....

NATION WIDE PRIDE, AND DONT FORGET IT:helmet:

HometownGal
12-17-2007, 07:06 PM
:thumbsup::tt02::thumbsup:

N2YWHBFx3Zg

Elvis
12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Did anyone think that maybe the Steelers and Jaguars switched uni's on us yesterday?
I told my wife after the game was over and she woke up from her usual sunday afternoon nap, that the Jaguars and Steelers switched uniforms and she said... " Why?"
I just laughed and said... " I am just kidding baby.."
But that is what it seemed like happened yesterday afternoon didnt it?
Dont give up yet everyone.. this season is far from being over...
:tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-17-2007, 07:30 PM

I also think one crucial player that we lost from that team, that is often overlooked, is Chris Hope. I mean since he left we really havent found a cosistant player at free saftey. Although Hope may not have been a leader in the Porter or Bettis sense, he was a good defensive player who made some big plays.

delhess
12-17-2007, 08:23 PM
in this world of 24/7 nfl coverage on dozens of tv channels, (yes, i get every dishnetwork channel and there are at least dozens) and nonstop sports talk all day on lots of am radio and satellite channels, we are all losing perspective!

just because we win our first 3 games, doesn't mean we are winning the superbowl, just because we have some competition for the division doesn't mean we suck!

and that's my 2 cents :)

delhess
12-17-2007, 08:27 PM

don't forget jeff hartings. i think he is severely missed this year!

i believe that people will step up. it takes a long time to develop greatness, and i am far from giving up!

Rhee Rhee
12-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Thanks

settle down... we're all just a little pissed at the fact we lost two in a row...

Rhee Rhee
12-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Thanks

settle down... we're all just a little pissed at the fact we lost two in a row... everyone will come around once we make the playoffs

steelpride12
12-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Sorry guys sorry never meant to say alot of this stuff just upset about our Steelers and i let it all out, but im ok and like i said sorry guys love u all!