PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tale

Ricco Suavez
12-16-2007, 09:13 PM
I read a lot of comments bashing our team(that includes coaching staff). Some of this is done concise and with reason other times its just babbling epitaphs and generally slumming everyone. I also read comments about being a fan, support your team, look for the bright spots, we are better than expected, etc...... Quite honestly I cannot stand the extremes of either of these fans. When you blindly defend every move or person of an organization, or fail to see flaws then you have crossed fandom and become a fanatic. And those who complain at every little bump and rile up at every type of adversity, well all I can say is I do not want to be in a foxhole with you if WWIII breaks out. My point is this everyones opinion is just that, an opinion, and everyone is entitled to speak such. You do not have to agree, I certainly do not have to agree with you. But regardless, most people here are fans, let me repeat,FANS OF THE STEELERS, and if you choose to look through rose colored glasses that is your prerogative and you can call all who see otherwise not a fan. And to those who come out after a horrible game and proclaim what you thinks needs to be done you have that right also and regardless what anyone should say you know you are still a fan.Everything is not in absolutes when it comes to perspectives. Bashing your team and bashing a fan for having an opinion other than yours is the same in my book. But what do I know thats my opinion. And at least I am not living in a fairytale where everything always ends happily ever after.

ShutDown24
12-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Man, can't you do this all in one topic? You say you can't stand fans to the extreme either way (Positive or negative) yet you seem to go back in forth between the two yourself. You made about five threads which all turned into flame wars or got ignored... I get what you are trying to do here but... Don't you think it is time to call it a night?

Ricco Suavez
12-16-2007, 09:31 PM
and did you only choose my comments to make remarks about tonight

Steel Warrior
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
What's your point, we can't bitch when we lose? Sorry, I'm gonna bitch all I want after that pathetic meltdown.
:smoker:

steelpride12
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Isn't this like the thread called no more complaints!?

Ricco Suavez
12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
My point is you wish to complain then do so its your right. The post about no complaints is about limiting what a person says or think. I respect those fans who keep a positive outlook, I just do not respect anyone who limits free thinking.

Steelfan4ever
12-16-2007, 09:38 PM
WOW! Yes, I do think this is covered under "No more Complaints" and that was indeed "WILD"

HometownGal
12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Haven't we been down this road in several other threads?

No one is limiting anyone's "free thinking" here, Ricco. Just as you (and others) wish to express your opinions, if I disagree with you, I'm going to tell you straight up and I expect the same in return. This is a board of opinions and if you've got it - flaunt it, as they say. :wink02::cheers: All we ask is that you post respectfully, which you have done - thanks.

I'm going to close this thread - there are enough threads on this redundant topic.